DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New US Dates in November!

Go down 
+48
Gumption
pookieray
Rizz
Velocity
DaleCooper
turnitin2004
xstevenbx
jdc
cmigs
onbackstreetsinbackseats
big blue
rumham
EveryLittleSecret
cruzila
RandyMachoManCabbage
fatbench
Shorestyle69
HighLonesome
TGAFAN25
simo
infoghost
smetz224
bt211
TGAforLIFE
pjpitt89
Breanne
B701
moconnell23
dmwhalen
NYYFAN523
Shrewsbury_Stars
colmillionaire
steady now steady now
StitchesOnTheRadio
SirBrad
ral
njguy99
prettyontheinsidex
Zach_Edelman
NeverTrustAJunkie
acousticbandit
DiamondSinatra
GlennR
brianisbae
The Angry Johnny Revue
SubconsciousRitual
Klown
LuceroDiehard
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:38 pm

Crossing my fingers for NJ but thin kI am going to try to get tix for Philly over NYC this time. How is the Electric Factory? Hear about it a lot - never been there though.

I can say that Terminal 5 sucks to the highest level of suck. Get there early because once the line gets 300-400 deep it takes forever and a day for them to get you in the venue. I won't even get into how bad of a venue it is - one of the worst I've ever been to.

Maybe they are saving NJ for after?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:43 pm

So bummed I'm still going to be in California when these shows happen. This is why I should never leave the north east. I'm gonna go cry in a corner now, haha.

Best of luck to everyone trying to get tickets!! I hope the fanclub method runs smoothly. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Good to know Terminal 5 is awful.

I just asked a friend about the Electric Factory, and she said it's fine, but "don't do will call--it'll mess you up." Not really sure what that means, but I always hate taking a chance on will call anyway.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:45 pm

So TGA have a No.3 record and are still booking the same size venues?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:46 pm

Yeah, what was all the talk about stadiums? Not that I'm complaining!
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:49 pm

SubconsciousRitual wrote:
Yeah, what was all the talk about stadiums? Not that I'm complaining!

Yeah, these are the "same old venues," but they're pretty big venues. The Electric Factory holds upwards of 2500 people, as does Terminal 5.

You might say they're the last stop on the "club" circuit before you hit the bigger theaters.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Quote :
El Jefe Design
The Gaslight Anthem is doing a scattering of shows in Nov/Dec down the East Coast. Happy to say that we are getting ambitious - we will be doing a special poster for EACH show. And yeah - they all go together for a huge epic poster - just like Voltron.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Must have!
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Gonna need to buy a bigger house just for El Jefe posters.
Back to top Go down
GlennR
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:59 pm

Doing two consecutive nights at Terminal 5 is new, right? Seems to me they'd only done one night there previously.

The general problem is that in New York, there's several of ~3,000 capacity venues (Roseland, Terminal 5, Beacon Theatre, Hammerstein) but not a whole lot between that size and the arenas, which even in a "reduced capacity" setup are 10-12,000.

I'd much rather they do another show at Radio City (capacity 6,000) rather than the two nights at Terminal 5 but Radio City is always unavailable at that time of year due to their Christmas show.

Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:02 pm

steady now steady now wrote:

Ha--I won't complain since I got called back to work in Florida July 20 and missed the DC show. 9:30 Club here I come . .
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:06 pm

The Electric Factory isn't terrible, but its not that great either. It literally is the equivalent to T5 only the EF holds 500 or so less and has much better viewpoints. Get there early for happy hour! Or rather happy 15 minutes...I'll be in Philly and NYC. Can't make a good excuse to get to Boston unless I'm on vacation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:19 pm

SirBrad wrote:
Crossing my fingers for NJ but thin kI am going to try to get tix for Philly over NYC this time. How is the Electric Factory? Hear about it a lot - never been there though.

I can say that Terminal 5 sucks to the highest level of suck. Get there early because once the line gets 300-400 deep it takes forever and a day for them to get you in the venue. I won't even get into how bad of a venue it is - one of the worst I've ever been to.

Maybe they are saving NJ for after?

The sound in Terminal 5 is also very lousy.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:04 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I HATE TERMINAL 5. For all the same reasons. Also hate Roseland. If you're not front row, it's awful.

WHYYY can't they play Hammerstein. Sad Or even the Paramount in Long Island? Or hello, Starland!? Benny said something somewhere (in chat?) about not having a good venue in their hometown and when I asked Starland on Twitter why they haven't played, I was told that TGA was asked, but haven't expressed interest. I need answers!!

/rant

#ConcertJunkieProblems

Kills me that they've never played Starland. Maybe they will play it at the end of the tour like they did with Asbury last year.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:13 pm

NYYFAN523 wrote:
Kills me that they've never played Starland.

They have never headlined there. They played there NYE of 12/31/07 with Thursday and Circa Survive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 7:18 pm

If anyone's trying to decide between Electric Factory and T5, I'd go to Electric Factory. Seriously. I hate T5 that much. 9:30 Club is similar to Electric Factory also.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 7:19 pm

steady now steady now wrote:

Yes! cheers
Back to top Go down
dmwhalen
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 7:40 pm

New fan/member here. I live in Philly and DC.

9:30 Club is significantly better all-around than The Electric Factory and Terminal 5.

I will attempt to see them at all three venues, but the 9:30 Club is a can't miss. Great sound, perfect stage to audience ratio, good beer choices, friendly staff.

Back to top Go down
moconnell23
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
moconnell23

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Does anyone know if there's any chance of a show in Chicago, not including Riot Fest?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Seems this tour is specified as Northeast.
Back to top Go down
B701
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:21 pm

My hopeful speculation is another Asbury show in December. November 30 and Dec 1 are open and would fit between NYC and DC, at least one night. Or one of the following weekends, which are both open according to the Convention Hall and Stone Pony concert calendars.

One can hope anyway. I'd much rather do that than deal with Terminal 5 - which doesn't sound too favorable based on the comments here. I'd even take a show at the Wellmont in Montclair.
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:32 pm

B701 wrote:
My hopeful speculation is another Asbury show in December. November 30 and Dec 1 are open and would fit between NYC and DC, at least one night. Or one of the following weekends, which are both open according to the Convention Hall and Stone Pony concert calendars.

One can hope anyway. I'd much rather do that than deal with Terminal 5 - which doesn't sound too favorable based on the comments here. I'd even take a show at the Wellmont in Montclair.

When someone asked after a show Brian said that they were not doing another home for the holidays show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:33 pm

Anyone know how much tickets'll cost for Terminal 5?
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Just got the official TGA website email: it IS 2 shows at Terminal 5 and 2 in DC.

Quote :

New US Tour Dates Announced

We are happy to announce these US shows in the Northeast. A pre-sale for 45 RPM Club members starts this Wednesday August 8th and tickets go on sale to the general public this Friday August 10th.

Mon Nov 26 - Boston - House Of Blues

Tues Nov 27 - Philadelphia - Electric Factory

Weds Nov 28 - NYC - Terminal 5

Thurs Nov 29 - NYC - Terminal 5

Sun Dec 2 - Washington DC - 9:30 Club

Mon Dec 3 - Washington DC - 9:30 Club
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:16 pm

Matt L wrote:
Anyone know how much tickets'll cost for Terminal 5?

$30

And bummer about no Home for the Holiday's show. That could have been the start of a sweet tradition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New US Dates in November!
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next