DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New US Dates in November!

Go down 
+48
Gumption
pookieray
Rizz
Velocity
DaleCooper
turnitin2004
xstevenbx
jdc
cmigs
onbackstreetsinbackseats
big blue
rumham
EveryLittleSecret
cruzila
RandyMachoManCabbage
fatbench
Shorestyle69
HighLonesome
TGAFAN25
simo
infoghost
smetz224
bt211
TGAforLIFE
pjpitt89
Breanne
B701
moconnell23
dmwhalen
NYYFAN523
Shrewsbury_Stars
colmillionaire
steady now steady now
StitchesOnTheRadio
SirBrad
ral
njguy99
prettyontheinsidex
Zach_Edelman
NeverTrustAJunkie
acousticbandit
DiamondSinatra
GlennR
brianisbae
The Angry Johnny Revue
SubconsciousRitual
Klown
LuceroDiehard
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:33 pm

Got Boston and NYC today as well! I missed the presale due to work so I was relieved Boston and NYC didn't go on sale at the same time.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 11:42 pm

Is there a reason the second night is normally better? Im just curious as to why that would be the case, if that is true.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:03 am

turnitin2004 wrote:
Is there a reason the second night is normally better? Im just curious as to why that would be the case, if that is true.

Who knows the next time the will be in the area after the second night? Just my speculation, I've never seen a band on the second night of a two night stint.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
Gumption
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:43 am

NYYFAN523 wrote:
turnitin2004 wrote:

Who knows the next time the will be in the area after the second night? Just my speculation, I've never seen a band on the second night of a two night stint.
Agreed that the second night is always better. It drives me nuts when a band adds a second show after the fact and I already have tickets for the first one.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:09 am

Think it'll just be them since they haven't announced an opening band yet? I was hoping for someone like Fake Problems or the Menzingers.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:29 am

NicholasHorror wrote:
Think it'll just be them since they haven't announced an opening band yet? I was hoping for someone like Fake Problems or the Menzingers.

No. It's four months out, almost. It also probably isn't that hard to book an opening band for essentially two weeks either, I wouldn't think.
(As a note, neither FP nor the Menzingers have dates that conflict with the Gaslight dates, but the Menzingers will have just come off of an extremely long tour.)
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:51 pm

Gumption wrote:
NYYFAN523 wrote:
turnitin2004 wrote:

Agreed that the second night is always better. It drives me nuts when a band adds a second show after the fact and I already have tickets for the first one.

I've never been to the 2nd night of a show of back to back nights, so I cant say it is true.

I am just curious of the reason as to why it would be.

Who knows when they will next be in the area next shouldn't really make the 2nd show any better. For any obvious reason to me anyway.
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:56 pm

the second show tends to have a different set list, with songs that haven't been heard for a while, or songs that haven't been n rotation on this touring cycle
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:02 pm

EveryLittleSecret wrote:
the second show tends to have a different set list, with songs that haven't been heard for a while, or songs that haven't been n rotation on this touring cycle

Ah okay see now that I can buy. That would be a good reason. I've seen 5 gaslight shows recently with similar playlists, so if they play some stuff I haven't heard in awhile on the second night then that would definitely be a positive.
Back to top Go down
RandyMachoManCabbage
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RandyMachoManCabbage

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:08 pm

The reason may be different for each band but in my experience when seeing a band that is playing multiple nights in the same city the last night is usually the best. Set lists tend to be more diverse, more b-sides, longer sets, longer jams, higher energy. This has been true with smaller bands and bands that sell out arenas and stadiums. I think it was Eddie Vedder who once said that they like to outdo themselves. Bands that also have cult followings that will happily go to both night's performances tend to reward fans on night 2.*

*The only exception to this rule that I've noticed is when the tour date ends a tour. For some reason the second to last show before the final tour date has always been better. I think especially at the end of long tours bands are kind of happy to just go home and be with their families. **

** The only exception to this exception is when it is a band's final performance.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:03 pm

Tickets for night one of Terminal 5 still available!
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:38 pm

Looks like Polar Bear Club is opening for TGA in Boston.
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:44 pm

Just finalized plans for the DC shows. Getting excited! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Menzingers just announced that they're opening the Philly shows.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

Wait there is more than one now?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:24 pm

I'm not a big Polar Bear Club fan...I wish the Menzingers were opening the Boston show. That would be insane! It'll still be a great show either way
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:36 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

Wait there is more than one now?

Just a typo on my part. Sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
sentrand
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 2:32 pm

how about cincinnati?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:25 pm

hope they plan on a full us tour early in the new year....

dying to hear the new album cuts live...
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:35 am

DC and NYC shows are sold out. Boston has upper mezzanine tickets left and Philly also has tickets left as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 7:05 pm

blugel wrote:
hope they plan on a full us tour early in the new year....

dying to hear the new album cuts live...

I think a lot of us are. I hesitated to even bring this up and I feel bad for getting frustrated, but it seems there are areas of the country that are just being left out. (I'm in GA). I don't want to sound selfish and am really, really grateful that I've been able to see the band in '09 and '10. However, it seems like the dates outside of the N.E. are pretty random and there are a lot of across the pond trips. I know they discussed smaller venues and festivals right now, but wish there were a few more smaller venues added! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
thgilsag_mehtna
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
thgilsag_mehtna

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 8:50 pm

I agree with matkins, I live in Nashville and you would think Nashville would have alot of bands, not. Gaslight was here in July and that was a great show. It was the tail end of the tour, they played a couple new songs, which was awesome. Brain said they would be going on tour again for Handwritten and I was stoked. When I checked out the dates nothing down here. Since they recorded Handwritten here in Nashville I thought for sure they would do a show here. I guess I will have to move up north and be closer to the action. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:44 pm

I still wish they would come around Pittsburgh
Back to top Go down
Gumption
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:05 am

thgilsag_mehtna wrote:
I agree with matkins, I live in Nashville and you would think Nashville would have alot of bands, not. Gaslight was here in July and that was a great show. It was the tail end of the tour, they played a couple new songs, which was awesome. Brain said they would be going on tour again for Handwritten and I was stoked. When I checked out the dates nothing down here. Since they recorded Handwritten here in Nashville I thought for sure they would do a show here. I guess I will have to move up north and be closer to the action. Very Happy
They haven't played a public show in Philly since July 2010. Philly is very close to home for them.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 11:56 pm

Gumption wrote:
thgilsag_mehtna wrote:
They haven't played a public show in Philly since July 2010. Philly is very close to home for them.

It's kind of funny (not as in haha) that they don't play the NJ/PA area as often as NYC and DC. You'd think all 4 would be guarantees on every tour. or at least that NJ would be.

but "up north" as in NYC area is definitely where all the action seems to be. Shows, late night shows, music videos, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New US Dates in November!    New US Dates in November!  - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New US Dates in November!
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next