DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Madrid 9th November

Go down 
+4
The Major
Álvaro
Down by the Mersey
theratman
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
theratman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
theratman

Madrid 9th November  Empty
PostSubject: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 4:59 am

Last show .... anyone going ?

Any places to recommend re food and drink ?

Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:21 pm

Yep I'm going - no idea about places to eat or drink though but I'm sure we'll manage Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
Álvaro
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Álvaro

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 2:53 pm

I can be of "some" help.

What do you mean, places to drink just before the gig or during the day, budget, etc.

Back to top Go down
The Major
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm also going...haven't been before so haven't got a clue about decent bars
Any recommendations would be welcome
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 8:45 am

[quote="Álvaro"]
I can be of "some" help.

What do you mean, places to drink just before the gig or during the day, budget, etc.

Alvaro - I need to collect my tickets from an ATM when I arrive. Do you know what ServiCaixa Atm of "la Caixa" are and how easy they are to find in Madrid?
Back to top Go down
covsc1922
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 1:36 pm

[quote="Down by the Mersey"]
Álvaro wrote:

I can be of "some" help.

Alvaro - I need to collect my tickets from an ATM when I arrive. Do you know what ServiCaixa Atm of "la Caixa" are and how easy they are to find in Madrid?

The ServiCaixa is a ATM service that belongs to "La Caixa". You can find them "everywhere" in Madrid. Check out the following link to see how they look like. Scroll until the end of the page.

http://www.ticketmaster.es/nav/landings/en/venta-recogida-entradas/index.html

You have to use the same card that you used when you bought the tickets and follow 2-3 steps.

The best places for eating and drinking in Madrid are near Puerta del Sol. For example Plaza Santa Ana or Calle del Principe.
If someone is intrested we can meet before the gig and drink a couple of San Miguel and eat some "Jamon".

See you in Madrid
Back to top Go down
Álvaro
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Álvaro

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 4:40 pm

Just 1 thing I discovered last week (when I collected my ticket): not every ATM of "La Caixa" can print tickets. You have to check this link (https://portal2.lacaixa.es/apl/localizador/caixamaps/index_es.html) and follow the steps:

1-. Click in the first item (Oficinas y Cajeros).

2-. Then, on the second one, you have to go the the "Venta de Entradas" and choose "Música" from the list.

3-. Then you have to point to Madrid city in the map.

4-. There are 240 ATM in Madrid city that can print tickets so maybe it's better to skip steps 1,2 & 3 and try directly in every ATM you come across while in the city.

Regarding places and things to do I agree with covsc1922, Plaza de Santa Ana (within walking distance from Sol) is a nice place to have some drinks.

I guess you are arriving that Friday in the morning. Bear in mind that November 9th is a holiday in the city. Therefore it can be a good idea to have a beer in the Latina district (like any other Saturday or Sunday) from noon till whatever time you like Wink. Other places would be Mercado de San Miguel (near Latina, where you can buy food and have some drinks) or Mercado de San Antón (more expensive maybe, but also good...it's on Chueca district).

After the show the Malasaña district can be a good option.

I'm glad to help with more tips of my city (not 100% accurate as I am from a city 10km south of Madrid...).

And I'm happy also to meet some fellow gaslight fans before the show (I would vote for some place close to the venue).

PS: covsc1922, are you spanish?

Back to top Go down
covsc1922
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm Portuguese Cool . But i've been to Madrid 15/16 times. I like it there, especially for rock shows.
Ok, let's meet before the show near Cats. We'll stay in touch.
Back to top Go down
Dino
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 9:53 am

Finally I have booked my flight and bougth the Ticket. Initially I planned to go to Barcelona and Madrid. But for economic reasons I decided just to come to Madrid.

By the way, ¿anyone know the Sala Cats, where they play? ¡Seems like no one I know in Madrid, knows this venue!
Back to top Go down
Álvaro
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Álvaro

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 2:51 pm

Well, the venue is a very well-known club in Madrid. I know it and I'm don't go to clubs at all (never been there, in fact). What I didn't know is that there are shows there.
Back to top Go down
Dino
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 6:15 pm

Álvaro wrote:
Well, the venue is a very well-known club in Madrid. I know it and I'm don't go to clubs at all (never been there, in fact). What I didn't know is that there are shows there.

Thanks Álvaro. I know that it is a club. Seems like all the people I know in Madrid don´t go to clubs. And I never heard before that there are shows. As it is a club I suppose they want to get the people out there as soon as the concert ended. Only thing is I hope that the curfew will not be too early!
Back to top Go down
Álvaro
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Álvaro

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 6:19 pm

My ticket says that the show starts at 21 and I don't know if there would be any openers (no RBS or Dave Hause as far as I know) so I guess curfew - if a thing like that exists here Smile- won't be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Dino
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 6:26 pm

Álvaro wrote:

My ticket says that the show starts at 21 and I don't know if there would be any openers (no RBS or Dave Hause as far as I know) so I guess curfew - if a thing like that exists here Smile- won't be a problem.

I haven´t heard anything about support act neither. So I hope there will be none! And oh yes, curfew exists here in Spain!
Back to top Go down
Álvaro
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Álvaro

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 6:28 pm

Dino wrote:
Álvaro wrote:

I haven´t heard anything about support act neither. So I hope there will be none! And oh yes, curfew exists here in Spain!

Where do you live?

I guess there are curfews, but no one respect them!
Back to top Go down
Dino
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 6:35 pm

Álvaro wrote:
Dino wrote:
Álvaro wrote:

Where do you live?

I guess there are curfews, but no one respect them!

I live in Lanzarote and I´m quite often in Madrid and other places in Spain.
Back to top Go down
lydozzz
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
lydozzz

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 8:06 pm

the opening act in Madrid is His Majesty The King.
Back to top Go down
http://brainwashedgeneration.tumblr.com
Dino
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 7:09 am

lydozzz wrote:
the opening act in Madrid is His Majesty The King.

My hope was that there will be no support act! But anyway, His Majesty The King is a good band. Saw them in January supporting another band and they did a good show!

I´m looking forward to friday! Cool
Back to top Go down
covsc1922
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:13 am

Do you think His Majesty will start at 9pm or before that? There is no information in the net, not even in the SalaCats Homepage.

I'll be there around 7pm. Hope to see some of you there. And this time they have to play 1930. Never heard it live.
Back to top Go down
Dino
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:40 am

Don't know if they start before 9pm But I honestly I don't think so! It says almost everywhere (i.e. ticket, nvivo) 21.00h! But I just found this one on Ticketmaster:

9/11/2012
Viernes

20:00h.

But I don't know if they open the doors at 20.00h or if the show starts at 20.00h. And I just saw that Bandsintown says 19.00h!

As I arrive on Thursday night I will be there early as well.
Back to top Go down
Álvaro
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Álvaro

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:13 pm

I have the same questions...I think I will be there around 7/8 pm...
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:16 pm

I think we will be getting there for around 8 and see what the night brings?
Back to top Go down
lydozzz
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
lydozzz

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:00 pm

anyway as it's fiesta in madrid, do the cercanias and metro work as usual?
I'm new in madrid anyway that's why I have to prepare first Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://brainwashedgeneration.tumblr.com
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:52 am

lydozzz wrote:

Fiesta -is that like a public holiday? Madrid is going to be busy then and the ground staff are on strike at the airport.
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 10:06 am

Álvaro wrote:
Just 1 thing I discovered last week (when I collected my ticket): not every ATM of "La Caixa" can print tickets. You have to check this link (https://portal2.lacaixa.es/apl/localizador/caixamaps/index_es.html) and follow the steps:

1-. Click in the first item (Oficinas y Cajeros).

2-. Then, on the second one, you have to go the the "Venta de Entradas" and choose "Música" from the list.

3-. Then you have to point to Madrid city in the map.

4-. There are 240 ATM in Madrid city that can print tickets so maybe it's better to skip steps 1,2 & 3 and try directly in every ATM you come across while in the city.

Are these ATMs inside the banks or outside on the street? We don't get to Madrid until late afternoon and with it being a fiesta the banks wont be open.

Back to top Go down
Dino
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 10:52 am

lydozzz wrote:

Don't know about the cercanías but I think it will be like the metro more or less! I have been so many times to Madrid (mostly weekends but also when there is fiesta) and I haven't experienced any problems with the metro. Maybe they run with a bit more difference in between each train but usually the metro works well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Madrid 9th November
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next