DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!

Go down 
+52
SubconsciousRitual
The Cool
Camus
heartlikeatomb
brucesboots
Shrewsbury_Stars
SirBrad
pleasepassthesoup
bringiton
steady now steady now
Ghost
Xanthias
NYYFAN523
mingus
kayla_tga
CapedAvenger
Little Eden
Hanswurst
covsc1922
OldManShoes3
saltandburn1967
RobertODonnell
rem999
EveryWordHandwritten
gaslightfan89
simo
Bea
enola
PPQ
ral
holdsteady82
Chesser19
VanillaMintFusion
BuddyHolly
njguy99
Klown
TheContender
'49mercury
SirPaco
bakerfall
jdc
Jack
Kosburn59
JJW319
Harbortown
StitchesOnTheRadio
azlisa
The Angry Johnny Revue
songs like a comfort
Christophe
IrishNameAndAnInjury
CluckyB
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:05 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Does anyone know when we will find out where the album charts on Billboard in the US?
Probably on Thursday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:01 pm

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
Handwritten around the world:
UK - 2
Netherlands - 3
Ireland - 7
Australia - 14 (Their first time charting in Australia)
Belgium - 32
Finland - 45 (lol)

Sorry guys. Im trying to make them known on Finland, but its really
hard because Finns have the shittiest taste on music and radio stations. At least Gaslight have made 4 gigs on here and 2 them club shows that sold out pretty quickly. Im going To make my best Basketball
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:35 pm

Billboard Charts are usually out late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning.

Hits Daily Double (which is another chart, with, I think, a few different methodologies) has an early chart with approximately 52 percent of their sales reported. As of around 2 PM ET on Monday, the album is 5th with just under 20K units sold, and is closer to the top album (29K) than the 10th album (10K). The album is behind Nas (9000 copies), Passion Pit (about 1800 copies), Kidz Bop 22 (1600 copies) and Zac Brown Band (1100 copies).

I'd take 5th, for sure, although I hope that when the final chart is done here, or when Billboard releases their final chart, the number is closer to 3rd as was predicted on that Billboard article. I'd note that if the numbers projected (and there is no way to know where the partial numbers are coming from - if NYC or NJ posts later, for example, we'd likely jump) but it projects to about 38K sold, which is very very good and fits in with the Billboard estimates.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:45 pm

Can this Kidz Bop thing just end already? Seriously why do people buy that?
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:46 pm

Cause people love listening to music to make them feel cool. If a cool kid likes one musician, why not join them and become cool by listening to them too.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:47 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

Cause people love listening to music to make them feel cool. If a cool kid likes one musician, why not join them and become cool by listening to them too.

Cool kids are lame geek
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:47 pm

I can't wait to hear the Kidz Bop version of '45' on Kidz Bop 23.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

saltandburn1967 wrote:

Cool kids are lame geek

So so so true. Smile
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:52 pm

Ya never know - Kidzbop 23 may have a version of 45!

*Can you see my head? Just look at it shake* Mad
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:06 pm

Can we start a thread with our favorite Kidz Bop covers and videos? There are so many good ones.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:32 pm

njguy99 wrote:

lol!

We should do a Dimestore Bop and do ridiculously childish covers of gaslight songs. Mad
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:34 pm

njguy99 wrote:

lol!

We should do a Dimestore Bop and do ridiculously childish covers of gaslight songs. Mad

So...fucking...in...

(Somewhere in the ether, I got dragged into being in a lip-sync video of Buddy Holly, and I am willing to dress up THAT MUCH SILLIER for a Gaslight covers video.)
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:51 pm

jdc wrote:
njguy99 wrote:

lol!

So...fucking...in...

(Somewhere in the ether, I got dragged into being in a lip-sync video of Buddy Holly, and I am willing to dress up THAT MUCH SILLIER for a Gaslight covers video.)

hmm, I'm gonna think about this a bit and maybe make a thread about it. Anyone is welcome to beat me to the punch. I just don't want to derail this one but I'm intrigued.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:29 pm

Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:36 am

from http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/the-gaslight-anthem-take-home-official-record-store-chart-gold-1512/

The Gaslight Anthem take home Official Record Store Chart gold

31/07/2012

By Dan Lane

While Plan B’s Ill Manors may have taken home chart gold for Team GB on the Official Albums Chart, it’s US band The Gaslight Anthem who have come top of the table on the Official Record Store Chart.

The New Jersey rockers’ fourth studio album, Handwritten, was officially the most purchased album of the last seven days in the nation’s independent record stores, knocking Great Britain's Plan B into second place.

The Official Record Store Chart, which was launched in April of this year, is compiled from sales through the UK’s coolest and most vibrant independent record shops. Last year independent record shops accounted for over 2.5 million album sales in the UK, and 95.8% of all vinyl album sales.

In addition to The Gaslight Anthem’s Handwritten (Number 1) and Plan B’s Ill Manors, there are eight other new entries on this week’s Official Record Store Chart.

American metallers Slipknot debut at Number 6 with their new Best Of collection, Antennas To Hell, while Canadian dream pop duo Purity Ring are new in at Number 7 with their first album, Shrines. Massachusetts electropopsters Passion Pit enter this week’s Official Record Store Chart at Number 11 with their second album, Gossamer. Om’s Advaitic Songs debuts at Number 12, and Stereolab’s Laetitia Sadier’s new solo album, Silencio, enters at Number 13.

Micachu & The Shapes are new in at 15 with Never, while Joss Stone’s The Soul Sessions Vol. 2 debuts at 21. Searching For Sugar Man by Rodriguez completes this week’s wave of new entries, debuting at Number 34.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
covsc1922
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 11:48 am

Handwritten #2 in the German Charts. It's their best Chart Position. AS was at #8.
People should listen now a bit their older albums. Especially SoS and 59

http://www.derwesten.de/kultur/the-gaslight-anthem-steigen-auf-platz-zwei-der-charts-ein-id6935074.html

Google Translation

The Gaslight Anthem are entered with their new album "Handwritten" at number two on the charts.

Baden-Baden (DAPD). The Gaslight Anthem entered with their new album "Handwritten" at number two on the charts. This is the biggest chart success of the U.S. band around frontman Brian Fallon: During the first two albums were better known in smaller circles, it managed to "American Slang" (2010) recently ranked eight, as Media Control on Tuesday in Baden-Baden announced. At the number one rapper Cro The Gaslight Anthem are but a must. Linkin Park slip from two to three.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:12 pm

I wonder if being at No.2 in the UK and Germany will expose the album to even more potential buyers, so I hope they stay high for a few more weeks
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:18 pm

hits chart is final: http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

2 1 ZAC BROWN BAND ATLANTIC 47,092 -38% UNCAGED
1 2 NAS DEF JAM/IDJ 42,510 -70% LIFE IS GOOD
-- 3 GASLIGHT ANTHEM MERCURY 37,688 -- HANDWRITTEN
3 4 KIDZ BOP KIDS RAZOR & TIE 34,757 -46% KIDZ BOP 22
-- 5 PASSION PIT COLUMBIA 34,657 --

I think that's directly correlated with Billboard sales. Assuming so it means they officially got #3 =)

Seriously, the boys from jersey who have only been around for like six years have the third best selling album in the whole country now. Surreal
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:35 pm

Can we talk about how ridiculous it is that Kidz bop is even on this list...

but YAY! I hope it is correlated with Billboard!
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:59 pm

CluckyB wrote:
hits chart is final: http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

2 1 ZAC BROWN BAND ATLANTIC 47,092 -38% UNCAGED
1 2 NAS DEF JAM/IDJ 42,510 -70% LIFE IS GOOD
-- 3 GASLIGHT ANTHEM MERCURY 37,688 -- HANDWRITTEN
3 4 KIDZ BOP KIDS RAZOR & TIE 34,757 -46% KIDZ BOP 22
-- 5 PASSION PIT COLUMBIA 34,657 --

I think that's directly correlated with Billboard sales. Assuming so it means they officially got #3 =)

Seriously, the boys from jersey who have only been around for like six years have the third best selling album in the whole country now. Surreal

It's not DIRECTLY correlated, but their rules are similar enough that Gaslight should be third on Billboard as well (there was enough space between Kidz Bop that it shouldn't matter).
Back to top Go down
The Cool
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
The Cool

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 3:58 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
I wonder if being at No.2 in the UK and Germany will expose the album to even more potential buyers, so I hope they stay high for a few more weeks

I didn't see 'Handwritten' being sold at all in any of the supermarkets last week, I wonder how much better sales would have been if they had. Finally saw the regular edition yesterday in Tesco for £6 (just over $9 for you US folks), which is a crazy price for an album just released.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:15 pm

The Billboard Charts are officially out!

http://www.billboard.com/news/zac-brown-band-reclaims-top-spot-on-billboard-1007714752.story?utm_source=most_recent#/news/zac-brown-band-reclaims-top-spot-on-billboard-1007714752.story?utm_source=most_recent

"Right behind him is the chart's highest debut, the Gaslight Anthem's "Handwritten," at No. 3 with 40,000. It's easily the best sales week for the act, which had previously lodged its highest frame when 2010's "American Slang" debuted at No. 16 with 27,000. (That album also marked the band's previous chart peak.)"

""Gossamer" was a monster in terms of downloads, as a full 74% of its first week were sold digitally. (Comparatively, Gaslight Anthem's first-week digital share was 52%)."

Zac Brown Band, 48K
Nas, 45K
Gaslight, 40K
Passion Pit, 37K
Kidz Bop, 35K
Justin Bieber, 35K
One Direction, 33K
Frank Ocean, 33K
Adele, 30K
Maroon 5, 23K
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:29 pm

40k is really awesome. Congrats to the guys. I hope the sales keep up and grow in the coming weeks...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:40 pm

I'm seriously confused. why when i click on the billboard 200 it has kidz bop at #3? and TGA nowhere to be found.
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:45 pm

I think the rankings are official starting tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next