DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!

Go down 
+52
SubconsciousRitual
The Cool
Camus
heartlikeatomb
brucesboots
Shrewsbury_Stars
SirBrad
pleasepassthesoup
bringiton
steady now steady now
Ghost
Xanthias
NYYFAN523
mingus
kayla_tga
CapedAvenger
Little Eden
Hanswurst
covsc1922
OldManShoes3
saltandburn1967
RobertODonnell
rem999
EveryWordHandwritten
gaslightfan89
simo
Bea
enola
PPQ
ral
holdsteady82
Chesser19
VanillaMintFusion
BuddyHolly
njguy99
Klown
TheContender
'49mercury
SirPaco
bakerfall
jdc
Jack
Kosburn59
JJW319
Harbortown
StitchesOnTheRadio
azlisa
The Angry Johnny Revue
songs like a comfort
Christophe
IrishNameAndAnInjury
CluckyB
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:09 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
http://www.billboard.com/news/the-beatles-headed-back-to-top-40-on-billboard-1007692952.story?utm_source=most_recent#/news/the-beatles-headed-back-to-top-40-on-billboard-1007692952.story?utm_source=most_recent

bumped to 35-40k, looks like its likely going to get number three. =)

I'll take that! That is awesome! Did any of their other albums ever make the top ten?

I think Josh said AS got only to 16. This is so exciting!!!!

Wow, That is so crazy how this is probably going to get spot #3 compared to the #16. I really can see them having a very successful future. Please come to Kansas again on your next tour Gaslight Anthem!!!! Concerts are going to get insane......well hopefully not, for Shelby's case. We don't want that poor girl getting beaten up anymore than she did at the record release concert. haha

Hahaha, believe me, there's no need for any concert to be more insane than Webster was. Just ask the people who went to Atlantic City. I didn't get beaten up too bad anyway haha, it's just hard to enjoy it when it's quite that crazy.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:16 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
http://www.billboard.com/news/the-beatles-headed-back-to-top-40-on-billboard-1007692952.story?utm_source=most_recent#/news/the-beatles-headed-back-to-top-40-on-billboard-1007692952.story?utm_source=most_recent

I'll take that! That is awesome! Did any of their other albums ever make the top ten?

Wow, That is so crazy how this is probably going to get spot #3 compared to the #16. I really can see them having a very successful future. Please come to Kansas again on your next tour Gaslight Anthem!!!! Concerts are going to get insane......well hopefully not, for Shelby's case. We don't want that poor girl getting beaten up anymore than she did at the record release concert. haha

Hahaha, believe me, there's no need for any concert to be more insane than Webster was. Just ask the people who went to Atlantic City. I didn't get beaten up too bad anyway haha, it's just hard to enjoy it when it's quite that crazy.

I gotcha! Haha, I went to a Rush concert 4 or 5 years ago and I thought it was perfect. They played for about 3 and a half hours and it was a stadium show so there were no moshpitters or anything like that. I hope the Gaslight Anthem get far enough in their careers where they can do stadium shows. I want to be there to enjoy the music and watch the band not deal with fools jumping into eachother. I feel like with the style of music they are going for though, judging from Handwritten, we are going to see less and less toolbags at concerts. This isn't a bad thing either.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:32 pm

#1 on the Jack's Music Shoppe of Red Bank's charts.

'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 529998_10151122909916061_1220776945_n
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:44 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

I gotcha! Haha, I went to a Rush concert 4 or 5 years ago and I thought it was perfect. They played for about 3 and a half hours and it was a stadium show so there were no moshpitters or anything like that. I hope the Gaslight Anthem get far enough in their careers where they can do stadium shows. I want to be there to enjoy the music and watch the band not deal with fools jumping into eachother. I feel like with the style of music they are going for though, judging from Handwritten, we are going to see less and less toolbags at concerts. This isn't a bad thing either.

*crosses fingers for arenas not stadiums* having seen Bruce in both. Arenas are better because they're usually slightly smaller and the acoustics are way better. I hate out door shows for that reason (which is too bad b/c outdoor is a better atmosphere). I hope they get to that point too but it's gonna be sad to be soo far from them after all this. I can only imagine how those who saw them back in like 2008 will feel. If only we could have both. Okay, done being selfish now Smile
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:51 pm

I love how TGA and ZBB are next to each other. I love both bands dearly!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:04 pm

SirBrad wrote:
#1 on the Jack's Music Shoppe of Red Bank's charts.

'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 529998_10151122909916061_1220776945_n

Man, I miss Jack's. I grew up in Middletown and used to spend so much time in that place.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:23 pm

CluckyB wrote:

Looks like Mercury knew what they were doing when they delayed the album until this week. A pretty quiet week overall with the #1 album (either Nas or ZBB) having the lowest sales since Feb 2011.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:05 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

*crosses fingers for arenas not stadiums* having seen Bruce in both. Arenas are better because they're usually slightly smaller and the acoustics are way better. I hate out door shows for that reason (which is too bad b/c outdoor is a better atmosphere). I hope they get to that point too but it's gonna be sad to be soo far from them after all this. I can only imagine how those who saw them back in like 2008 will feel. If only we could have both. Okay, done being selfish now Smile

More than slightly. MetLife Stadium has 82,500 seats and the Prudential Center seats about 18,000.

I don't do stadium shows. Saw Bruce at PNC Park in Pittsburgh and it was okay and then saw Pearl Jam and the Stones there as well and that was enough. Just lousy expereinces if you are there for the music and not to drink and socialize with your friends.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:16 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Man, I miss Jack's. I grew up in Middletown and used to spend so much time in that place.

Yeah nice spot in a good location but it's dead in there every time I drop in. I don't go out of my way to go there, my wife is from Fair Haven so we were in the area. Honestly don't know what they're doing to stay in business.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:32 am

SirBrad wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

Yeah nice spot in a good location but it's dead in there every time I drop in. I don't go out of my way to go there, my wife is from Fair Haven so we were in the area. Honestly don't know what they're doing to stay in business.

I live in Hazlet and go there all the time. I've always had suspicions that Bruce pumps money into Jack's and Red Bank in general (and Asbury). There are pictures of him everywhere in Jack's and he's done multiple in-store acoustic things there,
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:47 am

"45" number 1 on Kerrang Radio"s chart.
Back to top Go down
heartlikeatomb
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:01 pm

Handwritten charted No. 2 in the UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/albums
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:01 pm

Handwritten enters the UK album charts at No.2. Losing out to Plan B's new release.

Edit: Beaten.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:04 pm

45 Making it to 75 in the UK charts climbing from 106. That may not sound very good but, the UK top 100 is always filled with utter tripe with maybe 4 or 5 "rock songs" making it in each weeks, even then those 4 or 5 spots are usually reserved for huge generic rock bands.
Back to top Go down
heartlikeatomb
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:06 pm

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
Handwritten enters the UK album charts at No.2. Losing out to Plan B's new release.

Edit: Beaten.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:08 pm

45 making it into the top 100 also puts it at no.1 in the UK Rock Charts. Also Handwritten debuts modestly at 18 in the UK Rock charts.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:11 pm

heartlikeatomb wrote:

So impressive! It was always going to lose out to Plan B unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:04 pm

So proud!!!

That's great news. I think American Slang got in at 17 or something, so this is awesome.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:26 pm

heartlikeatomb wrote:

wow cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:37 pm

Handwritten around the world:
UK - 2
Netherlands - 3
Ireland - 7
Australia - 14 (Their first time charting in Australia)
Belgium - 32
Finland - 45 (lol)
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:07 am

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
Handwritten around the world:
UK - 2
Netherlands - 3
Ireland - 7
Australia - 14 (Their first time charting in Australia)
Belgium - 32
Finland - 45 (lol)

how did they do in Germany ?
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:24 am

Congrats Brian & the boys, fantastic achievement.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:19 am

Really cool! I hope they do that well in the US too...
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:32 am

I just checked Billboard's website, and "45" is currently #16 on the Alternative chart and #29 on the Rock chart. Hopefully it will just keep climbing and Handwritten will do really well! Smile
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:16 am

Does anyone know when we will find out where the album charts on Billboard in the US?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next