DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!

Go down 
+52
SubconsciousRitual
The Cool
Camus
heartlikeatomb
brucesboots
Shrewsbury_Stars
SirBrad
pleasepassthesoup
bringiton
steady now steady now
Ghost
Xanthias
NYYFAN523
mingus
kayla_tga
CapedAvenger
Little Eden
Hanswurst
covsc1922
OldManShoes3
saltandburn1967
RobertODonnell
rem999
EveryWordHandwritten
gaslightfan89
simo
Bea
enola
PPQ
ral
holdsteady82
Chesser19
VanillaMintFusion
BuddyHolly
njguy99
Klown
TheContender
'49mercury
SirPaco
bakerfall
jdc
Jack
Kosburn59
JJW319
Harbortown
StitchesOnTheRadio
azlisa
The Angry Johnny Revue
songs like a comfort
Christophe
IrishNameAndAnInjury
CluckyB
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:24 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
When do record charts usually come out for the week. I really want to know first week sales #. I feel like they are going to be way higher than most of us expected.

I got the last copy at Best Buy today and they had about 4 empty rows of them.

Record charts are Tuesday through Monday in the US, and usually, when I get to work on Thursday, Billboard has updated their website.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:44 pm

US iTunes: #2 overall and #1 & #5 on Rock (Deluxe and regular)
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
Xanthias
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Xanthias

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 10:08 pm

Apparently they're doing very well, aren't they? Also, the Handwritten video on Youtube has reached 200000+ views in a week, which is not bad at all! Still, here in Italy they haven't hit the charts yet...
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 5:58 am

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but currently number 2 in the UK album chart Smile.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:39 am

CapedAvenger wrote:
Absolutely bossing the iTunes charts (and remember this is ALL albums, not just Rock). http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10albums.html

In the UK iTunes album chart just now, the Beatles at 2 and the Gaslight Anthem at 5 are the only non compilation albums in the top 7. Very Happy

Last edited by steady now steady now on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:41 am

There's so much rubbish in the UK charts. They're looking very strong in the US right now though.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:58 am

bringiton wrote:
There's so much rubbish in the UK charts. They're looking very strong in the US right now though.

There is indeed Crying or Very sad . To be honest, that makes being at number2 very impressive though.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:41 pm

NYYFAN523 wrote:

When you factor in the two versions, there's a good chance that the album as a whole is #1. Deluxe is #2 by itself without factoring in any sales of the standard version.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:20 pm

According to this report, Handwritten is likely to sell 30-35K in its first week. Not sure where that will put them on the Billboard, but Nas was #1 the week before with 140K. But I don't think very many people sell anything near that number.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news09062m01
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 5:46 pm

simo wrote:
According to this report, Handwritten is likely to sell 30-35K in its first week. Not sure where that will put them on the Billboard, but Nas was #1 the week before with 140K. But I don't think very many people sell anything near that number.

I wouldn't have a problem with that. It is top 10, for sure, if you look at my post (a few pages back - the average #10 seller this year is about 27K, and this is a "weak" week), and in some weeks, it could be borderline top 5.

Just as a note, on average, 1 to 2 albums per week sell in the six figures - sometimes the top spot doesn't get there, but there have been more than a few weeks where three or four have sold that much. But it's a far cry from the times when the top debuts would go platinum instantly and where bands like Rancid could go multi-platinum.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:56 pm

Number 2 in the UK midweek album charts. http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/update/albums

Not sure if it'll slip after the kiddies all go shopping and buy some crap this weekend though.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 8:28 pm

I know we've been talking a lot about the album, and that is very exciting (I can't wait for numbers), but just to keep a view on the original topic:

For the week of August 4, "45" is up to 16 on the Alternative Songs chart and 29 on the Rock Songs chart.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 6:16 am

I heard it's an overall battle (for the week's sales) between Gaslight and Passion Pit. Sadly PP is bigger here, but I hope Gaslight takes the top!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:09 am

pleasepassthesoup wrote:
NYYFAN523 wrote:

When you factor in the two versions, there's a good chance that the album as a whole is #1. Deluxe is #2 by itself without factoring in any sales of the standard version.

do the different versions count as one where the official album charts are concerned?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 1:28 pm

azlisa wrote:
I heard it's an overall battle (for the week's sales) between Gaslight and Passion Pit. Sadly PP is bigger here, but I hope Gaslight takes the top!

I assume that you mean for new albums, rather than top of the charts?
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 2:33 pm

Projected to sell 30-35 in first week; number one debut.

Congrats to the band!

"Top new debut should be Mercury/IDJ’s New Jersey neo-Springsteen garage-rockers the Gaslight Anthem with their major label bow, Handwritten, after graduating from L.A. indie SideOneDummy, the band’s fourth studio effort overall. First-week sales estimates from our crack network of retail reporters and numbers-crunchers put the figure at between 30-35k."
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:43 pm

jdc wrote:
azlisa wrote:

I assume that you mean for new albums, rather than top of the charts?

yup just from last weeks releases
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:45 pm

JJW319 wrote:
Projected to sell 30-35 in first week; number one debut.

Congrats to the band!

"Top new debut should be Mercury/IDJ’s New Jersey neo-Springsteen garage-rockers the Gaslight Anthem with their major label bow, Handwritten, after graduating from L.A. indie SideOneDummy, the band’s fourth studio effort overall. First-week sales estimates from our crack network of retail reporters and numbers-crunchers put the figure at between 30-35k."

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:30 pm

When will we find out where they're gonna chart on Billboard?
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:34 pm

I never have really looked into record release sales before. Is 30-35K pretty good actually?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:43 pm

http://www.billboard.com/news/the-beatles-headed-back-to-top-40-on-billboard-1007692952.story?utm_source=most_recent#/news/the-beatles-headed-back-to-top-40-on-billboard-1007692952.story?utm_source=most_recent

bumped to 35-40k, looks like its likely going to get number three. =)
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:55 pm

CluckyB wrote:
http://www.billboard.com/news/the-beatles-headed-back-to-top-40-on-billboard-1007692952.story?utm_source=most_recent#/news/the-beatles-headed-back-to-top-40-on-billboard-1007692952.story?utm_source=most_recent

I'll take that! That is awesome! Did any of their other albums ever make the top ten?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:59 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

I'll take that! That is awesome! Did any of their other albums ever make the top ten?

I think Josh said AS got only to 16. This is so exciting!!!!
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:00 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

according to Wiki, American Slang's peak position was #16 on Billboard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Slang
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:04 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

I think Josh said AS got only to 16. This is so exciting!!!!

Wow, That is so crazy how this is probably going to get spot #3 compared to the #16. I really can see them having a very successful future. Please come to Kansas again on your next tour Gaslight Anthem!!!! Concerts are going to get insane......well hopefully not, for Shelby's case. We don't want that poor girl getting beaten up anymore than she did at the record release concert. haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next