DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!

Go down 
+52
SubconsciousRitual
The Cool
Camus
heartlikeatomb
brucesboots
Shrewsbury_Stars
SirBrad
pleasepassthesoup
bringiton
steady now steady now
Ghost
Xanthias
NYYFAN523
mingus
kayla_tga
CapedAvenger
Little Eden
Hanswurst
covsc1922
OldManShoes3
saltandburn1967
RobertODonnell
rem999
EveryWordHandwritten
gaslightfan89
simo
Bea
enola
PPQ
ral
holdsteady82
Chesser19
VanillaMintFusion
BuddyHolly
njguy99
Klown
TheContender
'49mercury
SirPaco
bakerfall
jdc
Jack
Kosburn59
JJW319
Harbortown
StitchesOnTheRadio
azlisa
The Angry Johnny Revue
songs like a comfort
Christophe
IrishNameAndAnInjury
CluckyB
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:57 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I'm seriously confused. why when i click on the billboard 200 it has kidz bop at #3? and TGA nowhere to be found.

They haven't updated their charts, which I believe they publish in one push, but they did release their news article on the week's results so far.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:17 pm

I just want the link to the chart (with them on it) so I can be like "IN YOUR FACE!" to my friends because I'm a jerk like that.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:20 pm

I just want the link to the chart (with them on it) so I can be like "IN YOUR FACE!" to my friends because I'm a jerk like that.

You are kind of a dick, Shel.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:22 pm

jdc wrote:

You are kind of a dick, Shel.

I try Smile
Back to top Go down
ashleybb
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
ashleybb

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:44 pm

Wow. I'm pretty surprised they outsold Passion Pit. Good for them!
Back to top Go down
'49mercury
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
'49mercury

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:42 pm

From El Jefe's Facebook page:

"El Jefe Design shared a link.
27 minutes ago
Working on revamping my new site and just got the news: The Gaslight Anthem album "Handwritten" debuts this week #3 in the US, #2 in the UK, #2 in Germany, #5 in Canada, #3 in Holland, #7 in Ireland, and #8 in Austria. YES! YES! YES!"

Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:42 pm

ashleybb wrote:
Wow. I'm pretty surprised they outsold Passion Pit. Good for them!

totally surprised. LOVE zbb though. happy for everyone!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 9:09 am

'49mercury wrote:

27 minutes ago
Working on revamping my new site and just got the news: The Gaslight Anthem album "Handwritten" debuts this week #3 in the US, #2 in the UK, #2 in Germany, #5 in Canada, #3 in Holland, #7 in Ireland, and #8 in Austria. YES! YES! YES!"

'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 G27625800000000000038175731dc1c3e3cb75d69429aa876a53b5b99c8
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:43 am

jdc wrote:
I know we've been talking a lot about the album, and that is very exciting (I can't wait for numbers), but just to keep a view on the original topic:

For the week of August 4, "45" is up to 16 on the Alternative Songs chart and 29 on the Rock Songs chart.

Just to get back to this - "45" has plateaued on the Alternative charts, at #16, but continues to climb the Rock charts, up to #26. It'd be nice if it continued to push, but the good news is that we, of course, have a second video ready to go if they decide Handwritten is the next single in the US.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:04 pm

And obviously, the album is #1 on both the Rock and Alternative albums charts .
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:06 pm

jdc wrote:
'49mercury wrote:

27 minutes ago

'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 G27625800000000000038175731dc1c3e3cb75d69429aa876a53b5b99c8
Laughing
'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 47122610
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Wezzo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 6:26 am

It's at number 2 on the United World Chart for last week (a compilation of most major album markets) - making it the best-selling English-language album in the world last week. Very nice. I'm a new member so I can't post a link yet, but Google search United World Chart.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:17 am

In the UK the album has dropped from 2 in its first week to 13 in its second week. It will be interesting to see if drops furthr quite rapidly or if it got enough attention through its chart success to give it some staying power.

There is also the matter of availablility. As mentioned, the album was actually in Tesco supermarkets made up chart in its release week (at 21), but Sainsbury's supermarket did not have it in its own made up chart. Given that it reached no.2 in the official charts, I expected to find it in Sainsbury's in week 2, but no such luck. Weird how a supermarket can ignore a no.2 record.

Pricewise in the UK the album was £10 in HMV (£13 for the deluxe), but in week two it was already part of HMV's 2 for £15 deal, making it £7.50.

Tesco had it for £7.99 in its release week, it is now £6.

I wonder if Mercury has priced it well to get high sales, and the resultant publicity, rather than to get a high instant return.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:44 am

All the write-ups I've seen have pointed to ho the release week was a really slow week for record sales in the US. Even though TGA was high up on the charts, albums selling that few copies normally don't land in the top 5. Perhaps Mercury picked that week for that reason, to get a "chart bounce."

All I've seen seems to say Rick Ross is going to blow a lot of people off the US chart when it comes out. But we'll know for sure in a few days...
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:47 pm

njguy99 wrote:
All the write-ups I've seen have pointed to ho the release week was a really slow week for record sales in the US. Even though TGA was high up on the charts, albums selling that few copies normally don't land in the top 5. Perhaps Mercury picked that week for that reason, to get a "chart bounce."

All I've seen seems to say Rick Ross is going to blow a lot of people off the US chart when it comes out. But we'll know for sure in a few days...

I'd be more surprised if last week wasn't selected intentionally. It was a super slow week on the chart with the lowest selling #1 in well over a year. That said, they still sold 40k and a #3 album is a #3 album anyway you look at it. The real test will be how quickly it drops down the chart. Early numbers from Hits Daily Double put it somewhere in the late 20s this week.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:29 pm

ral wrote:
The real test will be how quickly it drops down the chart. Early numbers from Hits Daily Double put it somewhere in the late 20s this week.

That's so depressing.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:39 pm

ral wrote:
The real test will be how quickly it drops down the chart. Early numbers from Hits Daily Double put it somewhere in the late 20s this week.

That's so depressing.

It's not that surprising though. There's no reason to expect continued chart success without a "hit" or a major tour or something more. I wish there was a way to find out how many people bought multiple copies in the first week. I know it's impossible to determine but I'm curious how much (if any) that increased sales.

For comparison, here's how American Slang did in 2010

Week 1 - #16 - 26,846
Week 2 - #44 - 9,218
Week 3 - #84 - 5,540
Week 4 - #105 - 4,374
Week 5 - #166 - 3,376
Week 6 - #197 - 2,922

After that, it alternated between out of the top 200 and somewhere 160+ for a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 5:22 pm

Does anyone have the weekly breakdown for 59 Sound? Just curious for comparison's sake...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:24 pm

ral wrote:
ral wrote:

That's so depressing.

It's not that surprising though. There's no reason to expect continued chart success without a "hit" or a major tour or something more. I wish there was a way to find out how many people bought multiple copies in the first week. I know it's impossible to determine but I'm curious how much (if any) that increased sales.

For comparison, here's how American Slang did in 2010

Week 1 - #16 - 26,846
Week 2 - #44 - 9,218
Week 3 - #84 - 5,540
Week 4 - #105 - 4,374
Week 5 - #166 - 3,376
Week 6 - #197 - 2,922

After that, it alternated between out of the top 200 and somewhere 160+ for a few weeks.

Haha, no you're right it's not surprising. I'd bet a LOT of those sales were people buying more than one copy. My count is up to 3 and I know I'm not the only one. Plus of course the majority of fans bought either pre-orders or went out that week and picked it up I'm sure. But it's a good reflection on how much their fanbase has grown in the last two years (or how much more insane we've gotten with buying multiple copies). I just hate that they have 4 LPs now and and still no one knows who I'm talking about when I say their name.
Back to top Go down
holdsteady82
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 2:54 am

"I just hate that they have 4 LPs now and still no one knows who I'm talking about when I say their name."

I know it may seem selfish, but if I'm being completely honest, I'm actually okay with that.

Also, after looking at American Slang's weekly sales for the first 6 weeks (as listed above in another post), it'll be interesting to see how Handwritten stacks up in comparison from one week to the next. While it's expected that Handwritten's weekly sales are going to be higher than AS's weekly sales; however, I'd actually be surprised if Handwritten kept up the same pace/sales rate as AS. As the weeks go on, I could see Handwritten's weekly sales decreasing/falling at a higher percentage than AS's sales. There's no overly radio-friendly single and I believe that many buyers purchased more than one copy (preordered or bought within the first week), which seems to create drastically lower sales in the following weeks. Personally, I purchased 3 copies of the album and if I could do it all over again, I would avoid my purchases of the El Jefe bundle order and the BS "Euro" LP from Banquet, while keeping the deluxe CD that I bought and probably adding a regular LP from interpunk.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:26 am

Has anyone seen the numbers for the last week yet? Normally they're out on Thursdays...
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:30 am

njguy99 wrote:
Has anyone seen the numbers for the last week yet? Normally they're out on Thursdays...

38 on Billboard Hot 200
12 on Rock Albums
6 on Alternative Albums
24 on Canadanian Albums Chart
4 on Tastemakers Albums

That was a big drop. Sad
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:33 am

Big drop, but it could have been worse. They could have fallen out of the top 50...
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:40 am

njguy99 wrote:
Big drop, but it could have been worse. They could have fallen out of the top 50...

True. I hope that debuting at 3 gave them some extra exposure and maybe some people who had never heard of them checked out the music. Smile
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Passion pit dropped less. Handwritten just isn't getting a whole lot of buzz outside of the core fanbase =(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next