DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!

Go down 
+52
SubconsciousRitual
The Cool
Camus
heartlikeatomb
brucesboots
Shrewsbury_Stars
SirBrad
pleasepassthesoup
bringiton
steady now steady now
Ghost
Xanthias
NYYFAN523
mingus
kayla_tga
CapedAvenger
Little Eden
Hanswurst
covsc1922
OldManShoes3
saltandburn1967
RobertODonnell
rem999
EveryWordHandwritten
gaslightfan89
simo
Bea
enola
PPQ
ral
holdsteady82
Chesser19
VanillaMintFusion
BuddyHolly
njguy99
Klown
TheContender
'49mercury
SirPaco
bakerfall
jdc
Jack
Kosburn59
JJW319
Harbortown
StitchesOnTheRadio
azlisa
The Angry Johnny Revue
songs like a comfort
Christophe
IrishNameAndAnInjury
CluckyB
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:34 pm

I'd just like to point out that my 14-year-old brother is a huge, huge fan of Gaslight, and has been since SoS. Why does age matter? If people like it, that's good. It's not "your" band, it's Brian's band, and he wants to be famous, so let the man be famous.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:19 am

jdc wrote:
First of all, agree with the above post completely. Secondly, the standard issue is currently #29 on Amazon, the vinyl is #46, and the deluxe is #93. I don't believe there is any other album with 2 editions, let alone 3, anywhere near the top 100, and that bodes well.

Just for fun, to update this, at about 12:15 on release day in the US, Amazon has:

Standard CD: #28
Vinyl: #36
Deluxe CD: #48

The band has THREE versions of the same album in the top 50 on the third largest physical music retailer in the States, while no one else has more than one. Again, I don't know what that equals up to in terms of an actual chart position, but it's impressive to me and shows the true dedication of the fanbase (I'm sure people are buying multiple versions, in some cases).
Back to top Go down
rem999
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rem999

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:57 am

EveryWordHandwritten wrote:
I want the band to be big and popular because they are great guys who write fantastic songs and they totally deserve to be huge.

However I DONT want them to be big because then we'd have 14 year old girls singing their songs and they wouldn't be "Our" band anymore. And as everyone knows smaller shows are much better than arena shows!

going on almost three years ago now I saw the guys at the trocadero in philly. murder by death the loved ones and broadway calls opened. it was awesome. looking around that night, i saw a lot of different people. I think it's safe to say there were people from all different backgrounds there. There were guys and girls well into their 50's as well as teenage girls around 14/15 like you mentioned. And you know what? They were singing just as loud and having just as much fun as anybody else at that show that night. And honestly, that's what its all about. Every show I've been to since then has been that way.... a much more diverse group than one would expect... I don't understand why "14 year old girls singing their songs" would be a bad thing. If i ever have a daughter I would only wish she would be cool enough to identify one of the best bands in the world at such a young age.
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:26 am

#4 on Itunes.

EDIT: Now #2 on Itunes

Last edited by Harry Lime on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:29 am

What do you think first week sales will be like? I have a feeling they are actually going to be pretty high. I can't wait to see how Handwritten did at the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
OldManShoes3
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
OldManShoes3

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:35 am

Harry Lime wrote:
#4 on Itunes.

Nice, even though they're advertising it as "The Handwritten"
Back to top Go down
covsc1922
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 5:45 am

Very good news from Germany this morning. Handwritten is currently #1 in the official Sales Trend Charts. Thursday is the official album listing by Media Control, but it looks very good....

http://www.finanznachrichten.de/nachrichten-2012-07/24121054-the-gaslight-anthem-mit-neuem-album-handwritten-auf-erfolgskurs-im-herbst-auf-deutschland-tour-007.htm

Google Translation

The Gaslight Anthem after two years ago with their album "American Slang" Top 10 had the right of the Media Control Charts conquered, for the U.S. band began a time of change. Since Friday (. 20.07) is her major-label debut, "Handwritten" commercially available and is on a sensational success: is in the sales trend charts "Handwritten" at the top - not only cult author Nick Hornby is excited about the work .

- Anyone who ever bit frustrated - a girl, a boy, his own ego - can hear this music and to understand and feel full of energy. (...) Songwriter who fear no comparison with the greats of rock. The Gaslight Anthem at the head of a long line of cool people. Nick Hornby (High Fidelity, About A Boy) in The World

If laut.de in his review of the entire album five out of five stars and says attacks cult author Nick Hornby in the world with all my heart for the U.S. band, then this can only mean one thing: The Gaslight Anthem have with their new album "Handwritten" struck at the heart. The new album has been a Friday (20.07.) Available in Germany and is located at the top of the sales trend charts. In the autumn, their tour of Germany.

A major development since its inception in 2005, The Gaslight Anthem laid doubt: Tireless tours around the globe, a growing fan base, chart success and ultimately the contract with major label and recording sessions with producer Brendan O'Brien (Pearl Jam, Rage Against The Machine). For singer and guitarist Brian Fallon, guitarist Alex Rosmilia, bassist Alex Levine and drummer Benny Horowitz, now begins the next chapter of their success story.

In the fall of The Gaslight Anthem are on tour in Germany in October and some selected rock festivals before.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:23 am

on US iTunes 8 hours after the American release:
'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Us_itu10

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:33 am

Is it? Are the charts I'm looking at online really out of date?

Looking at this: http://www.apple.com/itunes/charts/albums/ it's not even on there.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:36 am

don't know what's up with that. maybe they update the website once a day? or once a week? don't know, but i opened iTunes and changed the store to the US one, and there they are. they were on #4 for a while, then moved to #2, and now #1.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:08 am

Bea wrote:
don't know what's up with that. maybe they update the website once a day? or once a week? don't know, but i opened iTunes and changed the store to the US one, and there they are. they were on #4 for a while, then moved to #2, and now #1.

It's possible (I'm at work and don't have iTunes). They are top 10 in pretty much every non-US country except Japan, so if the website is updated through yesterday (when it was released everywhere else), that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:07 am

It's definitely #1 right now. I'm looking at the store and it plainly lists it in the top spot.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:32 am

Yeah, looking at the site now, it SHOWS as #2 (the deluxe) behind Passion Pit. It's #1 in Canada, #2 in the UK, and top 10 in a bunch of places that got it Friday, like Germany, Austria, Finland and Sweden. I assume in the actual software the charts are live.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:35 am

still #8 in Luxembourg. that makes me happy.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 3:08 pm

'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Tumblr_lwc1h8N4VT1qca5dp

http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10rockalbums.html

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 3:35 pm

oh my..!
so great Very Happy

and they deserve it this much Clap
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Bea wrote:
'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Tumblr_lwc1h8N4VT1qca5dp

Spoiler:

Oh my god, this whole post just made my day. Thank you for that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 5:08 pm

This shit is bananas (b-a-n-a-n-a-s), and I'm LOVING it!!

The force is strong with TGA nation cheers
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 6:35 pm

Current Amazon Charts:

#12 Regular Edition
#21 Vinyl
#28 Deluxe Edition

We have all 3 versions in the top 100 as people have already said. Just think what number we would be if they combined all 3 versions into one group. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:47 pm

Absolutely bossing the iTunes charts (and remember this is ALL albums, not just Rock). http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10albums.html
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:14 pm

Amazon Charts Now!

#7 Regular Edition
#17 Vinyl
#24 Deluxe

We are moving up every hour it seems. Did any other albums of theirs move up this quick?
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:44 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Amazon Charts Now!

#7 Regular Edition
#17 Vinyl
#24 Deluxe

We are moving up every hour it seems. Did any other albums of theirs move up this quick?

As of 9:45:
#8 Regular Edition
#16 Vinyl
#22 Deluxe
Back to top Go down
kayla_tga
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:22 pm

Ireland Rock Charts:
Number 1 is Bruce Springsteen Greatest Hits, number 2 is TGA Handwritten. Hard to compete with the Boss but I was pleasantly surprised with how well TGA have done. Does this mean we deserve some shows?!

EDIT:
On a side note, the Norwegian Rock Charts: Bruce has 6 of the top 10 .. Jeez!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:23 am

When do record charts usually come out for the week. I really want to know first week sales #. I feel like they are going to be way higher than most of us expected.

I got the last copy at Best Buy today and they had about 4 empty rows of them.
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:20 am

Bea wrote:

Spoiler:

Wow, superb Smile They really deserve this!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!   '45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'45' and 'Handwritten' (the album) on the charts!
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next