DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings

Go down 
+7
AudreyHepburnPearls
bringiton_ty
Jerseyrain
Jack
Ghost
CluckyB
Hanswurst
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

"HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings Empty
PostSubject: "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings   "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 6:53 pm

i just discovered HANDWRITTEN on the amazon album-of-the-year ranking and wondered if it's on any other rankings so far Smile

its #44 on amazon
-why not #45 ?! that would have been really great king
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings   "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Hanswurst wrote:
i just discovered HANDWRITTEN on the amazon album-of-the-year ranking and wondered if it's on any other rankings so far Smile

its #44 on amazon
-why not #45 ?! that would have been really great king

They put Scars on 45 at 45. Guy making the list probably just looked at the band names and not the track list Very Happy

Besides. That list doesn't have Celebration Rock or On the Impossible Past on it so its validity is rather questionable Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings   "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 6:58 am

In Kerrang! magazine's Top 250 songs of the year, National Anthem was 19 and 45 was 9 Smile.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings   "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 10:25 am

Kerrang's always, always been good to Gaslight it seems. Nice placement (though I'd of course have many more songs in the top 250 and they'd be much higher up, as I'm sure most here would).
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings   "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 10:42 am

I just bought UNCUT and they didn't rate Handwritten in their top 75 albums of 2012
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings   "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 11:32 am

Yeah neither did Q magazine or others i checked while browsing smiths. shame really Sad least bruce got in there with wrecking ball
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings   "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 12:08 pm

JackStreetcar wrote:
Kerrang's always, always been good to Gaslight it seems. Nice placement (though I'd of course have many more songs in the top 250 and they'd be much higher up, as I'm sure most here would).

Yeah they have. First magazine ever to have them as cover artists, if I recall. They also said that 'speak soon, stay lucky' was taken from an e-mail the editor sent to Brian Fallon when he was going through his writers block period, which was the only line that 'cured' and inspired him to write the rest of the album.

I was surprised they went for National Anthem though, a strange (but nice) choice.
Back to top Go down
AudreyHepburnPearls
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AudreyHepburnPearls

PostSubject: Re: "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings   "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 7:49 am

#1 in Alternative Press!
http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/aps_10_essential_albums_of_2012

I don't have the link but #10 in Rocksound as well.

Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings   "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:36 am

I'm honestly shocked that this album has made any top 10 lists at all... Just never really struck a chord with me...
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings   "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 5:44 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
I'm honestly shocked that this album has made any top 10 lists at all... Just never really struck a chord with me...

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings   "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:37 pm

#9 on the german site plattentests.de cheers
#35 for HANDRITTEN the song
http://www.plattentests.de/pollerg2012-1.php

#10 for 'band of the year'
#8 for 'live-band of the year'
BUT #8 for 'most-disappointing album of the year'
http://www.plattentests.de/pollerg2012-2.php

it's the leading german website for music reviews

Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings   "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:11 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

Frying Pan Frying Pan Frying Pan
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings   "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:39 am

Ghost wrote:
In Kerrang! magazine's Top 250 songs of the year, National Anthem was 19 and 45 was 9 Smile.
we all know how Kerrang! feels about Gaslight though. No surprise there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings   "HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"HANDWRITTEN" - album-of-the-year-rankings
Page 1 of 1