DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Molly & The Zombies

Go down 
+52
CapedAvenger
aelliott88
HolyBreakOfDay
cmigs
zerb012345
flannel
ManasquanMike
crazyhollywoodnights
simo
jonester
mingus
cdala
Bobul
The_River
redheadchick
Jerseyrain
Jaws
Vibes
Yozzy
The Angry Johnny Revue
LittleEden
thomas94
BereasaTGA
Hanswurst
jensomniac
Anya_TGA
HorribleCrowe
33RPMHero
ral
Steve70s
MKULTRA
eagles1139
Jack
TGAFAN25
miked331
Rizz
colmillionaire
brianisbae
The Last Jukebox Romeo
njguy99
bringiton_ty
matkins
NeverTrustAJunkie
Prisoner
steph
jerzshore732
rumham
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
Shrewsbury_Stars
LiveFastDieOld
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 6:44 pm

People are calling for an album or an EP or more live shows

...right now I think Brian just releasing the lyrics would be the most favorable move.
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 9:18 am

I must say, I always think that Brian has a terrible taste in band names (in fact, neither Gaslight Anthem or Horrible Crowes or Molly & The Zombies are good sounding band names to me), but he compensates that with great music and great lyrics. I'm listening to crappy Youtube recordings for half an hour now, and really quite stoked. Please, please, release an EP or something like that. Some of these songs sound incredibly amazing.

PS: is it confirmed that these are songs from his scrapped solo record?
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 9:33 am

mingus wrote:
I must say, I always think that Brian has a terrible taste in band names (in fact, neither Gaslight Anthem or Horrible Crowes or Molly & The Zombies are good sounding band names to me), but he compensates that with great music and great lyrics. I'm listening to crappy Youtube recordings for half an hour now, and really quite stoked. Please, please, release an EP or something like that. Some of these songs sound incredibly amazing.

I don't think it's confirmed but it's pretty highly speculated and most people are fairly sure. In fact, I believe some of the lyrics to Red lights were posted on his instagram around the time that he was supposedly writing the solo album.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:42 pm

The Gaslight Anthem isn't a good band name?
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 2:00 pm

Jack wrote:

Or The Horrible Crowes?  scratch 
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 2:15 pm

And I've always liked Molly & The Zombies from the moment it was announced. Not every band name needs to be earnest and perfect like The Gaslight Anthem
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 2:40 pm

33RPMHero wrote:
Jack wrote:

Or The Horrible Crowes?   scratch 

i think those are great names. but i kinda hate bandnames that are like "... and the blah blah blah" so Molly and the Zombies feels "meeeh" for me  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 8:14 pm

mingus wrote:

I really like the name The Gaslight Anthem, I think it's a really cool name ( the same for The Horrible Crowes) and Molly and The Zombies are amazing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bobul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Bobul

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:26 am

I think Molly and The Zombies is a great name for a band.
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 7:57 am

Hehe, I seem to be on my own with this opinion Very Happy It's not that they are bad band names, I just don't relate to them. The Horrible Crowes in specific, when I hear that name I picture a very ugly bird, not an honest man pouring his heart out. Same with Molly and the Zombies, I expect / want zombies on the stage when I hear that one! It'll probably be my autistic mind Wink
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 1:20 pm

mingus wrote:
Hehe, I seem to be on my own with this opinion :DIt's not that they are bad band names, I just don't relate to them. The Horrible Crowes in specific, when I hear that name I picture a very ugly bird, not an honest man pouring his heart out. Same with Molly and the Zombies, I expect / want zombies on the stage when I hear that one! It'll probably be my autistic mind Wink

I take molly and the zombies as a clever play. Molly being a slang term for a certain type of drug(s). Drugs can get people addicted and turn them into "zombies" so molly and the zombies. I'm prob 100% wrong on the band name but I like to think of it that way.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 6:10 pm

it rolls off the tongue pretty good. i mean the band name, not ecstasy
Back to top Go down
jonester
A Contender
A Contender
jonester

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:42 am

I know I'm late to this thread it's been a very busy week. I was up front in front of Kat and next to shorestyle69. I thought they were great. Brian was having a blast and had a huge smile most of the night. The songs were awesome and I really wish they were available. I met Brian briefly afterwards, I didnt want to take up too much of his time. I'm going to try to post some pics.Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 2013-116
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 2:01 pm

what an amazing picture!!!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:10 pm

Recorded versions of red lights and sketchy here

http://m.soundcloud.com/molly-and-the-zombies

Man we got very close on red lights lyrics!
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:18 pm

We're they really up for 3 weeks and no one noticed? Haha. Brian may have had a good laugh at that. I think this is a good sign that we may get an official recording at some point.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:35 pm

Debonair wrote:
Recorded versions of red lights and sketchy here

http://m.soundcloud.com/molly-and-the-zombies

Man we got very close on red lights lyrics!

Holy crap you have made my night SOOO much....thank you  High Five 

...how the hell did we miss this?
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:43 pm

matkins wrote:
We're they really up for 3 weeks and no one noticed? Haha. Brian may have had a good laugh at that. I think this is a good sign that we may get an official recording at some point.

THIS! same thing with the twitter and facebook page :Dif those really have been up for 3 weeks now without us noticing, Brian must have been a really happy child Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LittleEden
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LittleEden

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:27 pm

Any insight on why they would release these two songs only? They probably recorded the ones they performed live I assume since they put them up before the show.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:28 pm

Woah awesome.

Definitely sounds like Brian recorded these himself on like garageband or something, much like Misery/Hold You Up/acoustic Desire. Still hoping for a legit production but this'll do for now
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:36 pm

Oh yes. I need to be greedy and want Long Drives still. And Lucky. And Smoke. And 7th & Union. And songs we haven't heard yet.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:39 pm

It's actually kind of a letdown because it really does sound like just Brian. And he's fairly off-key in Sketchy.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 9:25 pm

Sketchy was probably my least favorite of the ones live, but I still like it. Brian said that Dave liked it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:31 pm

ive got both of these ripped. Put them in an album called "Demos" Would love to upload them and share for you people. Anyone care to point me to a site to upload these to for download? or the best way to do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:41 pm

So now we have clearer recordings, who's gonna do the chords for us covererers?

Also, I dunno if I should mention it here, but does anyone notice a sort of Bob Dylan inspiration in the way Brian delivers a few of the lines in Red Lights?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Molly & The Zombies
Page 8 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next