DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Molly & The Zombies

Go down 
+53
CapedAvenger
aelliott88
HolyBreakOfDay
cmigs
zerb012345
flannel
ManasquanMike
crazyhollywoodnights
simo
jonester
mingus
cdala
Bobul
The_River
redheadchick
Jerseyrain
Jaws
Vibes
Yozzy
The Angry Johnny Revue
LittleEden
thomas94
BereasaTGA
Hanswurst
jensomniac
Anya_TGA
Shorestyle69
HorribleCrowe
33RPMHero
ral
Steve70s
MKULTRA
eagles1139
Jack
TGAFAN25
miked331
Rizz
colmillionaire
brianisbae
The Last Jukebox Romeo
njguy99
bringiton_ty
matkins
NeverTrustAJunkie
Prisoner
steph
jerzshore732
rumham
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
Shrewsbury_Stars
LiveFastDieOld
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 3:41 pm

Jack wrote:
I'm curious…is Brian McGee singing harmonies or is it Brian Fallon layering his own voice? Sometimes I think it's one, sometimes the other, but I can't really tell for sure.

yeah i was thinking the same. i think its just sometimes Fallon and sometimes McGee. i can definitely hear Cat in there sometimes though.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 3:53 pm

33RPMHero wrote:
Jack wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:
Jack wrote:
I really do think Brian should seriously consider this being his main project going forward. I think these are some of his best songs he's ever written and they're made even better by the musicianship of the band and especially the harmonies. Not to mention he looks and sounds rejuvenated when he's on stage with Molly & the Zombies.

While I agree that these songs are pretty special, I think that Brian may head in a similar direction for the next Gaslight record, especially with the news that Matt Mays will be singing harmonies on the new record.

What?! Harmonies?! Awesome haha. Who is Matt Mays? Apparently I am out of the loop.

A badass Jack....a badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESRofDkmg0I

Matty Mays is awesome. Coyote has to be in my top ten albums
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 3:57 pm

My opinions so far. Already loved red lights think thats a great song, sketchy Ive grown tired of quite quickly. Lucky is good but lacking something. Smoke is awesome, can't stop listening to it and it is reminiscent of T59S for me. Long Drives is my fave. I love the way it swings and sways with the beat and the chorus is so simple but so good.

Lucky seems like an Elsie out take with the way he sings it,
Long Drives verses remind me a lot of Halloween too.

Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 6:54 pm

MKULTRA wrote:
Jack wrote:
I'm curious…is Brian McGee singing harmonies or is it Brian Fallon layering his own voice? Sometimes I think it's one, sometimes the other, but I can't really tell for sure.

yeah i was thinking the same. i think its just sometimes Fallon and sometimes McGee. i can definitely hear Cat in there sometimes though.

Oh for sure, it's just very easy to tell when Cat is singing. It's harder to distinguish between the two Brians.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
brunswick18
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
brunswick18

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 12:04 am

What do you guys make of 7th and Union not making the cut?
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 12:24 am

Ehh…it just wasn't as good as the others, to be honest. Not that it was bad per se, but I don't recall it really even having a chorus. It rambled.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 4:11 am

I feel like Sketchy could have used some more work. It's the type of song that's very difficult to pull off in one take. That being said it's probably my favorite one, just not my favorite recording
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 4:37 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
I feel like Sketchy could have used some more work. It's the type of song that's very difficult to pull off in one take. That being said it's probably my favorite one, just not my favorite recording

Really? I don't have any real issue with this recording of it, but I think that's largely due to how low the bar was set after that demo, haha. Hearing this recording though reminded me of why I loved the song so much when I first heard it back in December. What about it bothers you? <(this is a genuine question not a bitchy remark.)
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 5:07 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

Really? I don't have any real issue with this recording of it, but I think that's largely due to how low the bar was set after that demo, haha. Hearing this recording though reminded me of why I loved the song so much when I first heard it back in December. What about it bothers you? <(this is a genuine question not a bitchy remark.)

the ending is kinda of a mess and i thought the vocal delivery was a little squirrely. one of my favorite parts is when the drums drop out for the last chorus, and i feel like the instrumentation leading up to that part kind of takes away from it

another small nitpick is the drum sound on the songs. i just don't really like how they come across, but sketchy's drums are a little more echoey and 3 dimensional, which i actually like a little more
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 7:51 pm

Posted on diamond choir interview for brian mcgees new album. Small part about molly

"There are no plans made for a record or a tour. But, we’ve definitely kicked around ideas for recording and playing more shows. It’s a fun band so, of course, we’d like to do more things. But everyone has other/bigger projects that require a larger time commitment. We’ll see what happens."

http://www.nodepression.com/m/blogpost?id=2342817%3ABlogPost%3A1085533
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 4:32 pm

Turns out Cat played on 4 of the 11 songs on Jack White's Lazaretto. Check out the Jack White New Solo Album thread for more.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 5:26 pm

Quote :
The Gaslight Anthem singer Brian Fallon channels Bob Dylan in new americana project
http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2014/06/molly_and_the_zombies.html
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 6:13 pm

Who's heading to the show tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:31 am

njguy99 wrote:
Quote :
The Gaslight Anthem singer Brian Fallon channels Bob Dylan in new americana project
http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2014/06/molly_and_the_zombies.html

Poor guy can't make his own music.  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:37 am

Maybe not necessary to make it the headline but he did compare it to Dylan and I think anyone familiar with his music would recognize that line delivery as being extremely Dylanesque. But I see what you're saying haha. Can't catch a break, that Mr. Fallon.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 3:11 am

at least the fool gets articles written about his music. a pyrrhic victory
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 3:42 am

Do articles relating to Brian exist where another artist ISN'T mentioned in the title and/or first two sentences?

But yeah, to be fair, he did Bring up the Dylan thing and I think many of us immediately pointed out how the delivery of that line sounded very Dylanesque. Although, if you think about it, how often do you suppose he does an interview and answers maybe 20+ questions, 19 of which don't involve mentioning another artist (or do but they're a less known act) and then the 1-2 quotes the interviewer uses, are the ones mentioning the big name artist that will pull in readers? I'm betting this happens a lot. It's smart (but annoying) journalism.
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 7:18 am

I didn't had time to listen to the songs until this morning, but I really like them. My fav is Long Drive Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 9:09 am

Do articles relating to Brian exist where another artist ISN'T mentioned in the title and/or first two sentences?

But yeah, to be fair, he did Bring up the Dylan thing and I think many of us immediately pointed out how the delivery of that line sounded very Dylanesque. Although, if you think about it, how often do you suppose he does an interview and answers maybe 20+ questions, 19 of which don't involve mentioning another artist (or do but they're a less known act) and then the 1-2 quotes the interviewer uses, are the ones mentioning the big name artist that will pull in readers? I'm betting this happens a lot. It's smart (but annoying) journalism.

Something tells me he had a huge smile on his face when he said that line. Especially because it was probably preceded by the question: "Some of your lyrics remind your listeners of Bob Dylan..."
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 11:38 am

njguy99 wrote:

Something tells me he had a huge smile on his face when he said that line. Especially because it was probably preceded by the question: "Some of your lyrics remind your listeners of Bob Dylan..."

True, I mean it is one hell of a compliment! But I still wonder if articles exist where comparing him to someone else isn't the main focus. But yeah, in this case it was probably a good thing.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 9:49 pm

Full set!!!
Back to top Go down
BereasaTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BereasaTGA

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 8:09 am

Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 2:06 pm

great, thanks for the video!
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Great vid. Would be so much better without the annoying guy singing next to you. Oh wait, that was me  Razz 
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 5:31 pm

I don't understand why they didn't release this on 7", I would love to have these songs on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Molly & The Zombies
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next