DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Molly & The Zombies

Go down 
+52
CapedAvenger
aelliott88
HolyBreakOfDay
cmigs
zerb012345
flannel
ManasquanMike
crazyhollywoodnights
simo
jonester
mingus
cdala
Bobul
The_River
redheadchick
Jerseyrain
Jaws
Vibes
Yozzy
The Angry Johnny Revue
LittleEden
thomas94
BereasaTGA
Hanswurst
jensomniac
Anya_TGA
HorribleCrowe
33RPMHero
ral
Steve70s
MKULTRA
eagles1139
Jack
TGAFAN25
miked331
Rizz
colmillionaire
brianisbae
The Last Jukebox Romeo
njguy99
bringiton_ty
matkins
NeverTrustAJunkie
Prisoner
steph
jerzshore732
rumham
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
Shrewsbury_Stars
LiveFastDieOld
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 12:00 am

Well we really can't ask for clearer recordings than this!

Sketchy is...peculiar here. What's with all those random sounds in the background at the end? I feel like Brian got on one of those sound effects websites and just started clicking stuff, haha. And his vocals kinda sound like shit on that recording, and I have a pretty high level of tolerance for imperfections in his vocals but that was not great. I hope we get a better recording of that one. I agree with whoever said it sounds like it was done really quickly on garageband. Which is better than nothing. But I'll stick with the live version for now.

The Red Lights recording sounds a lot better. I think Cat also got some backing vocals in on this one?  And I'm just so thankful to finally be able to clearly hear the lyrics!

EDIT: I'm not bothered by his vocals, I'm bothered by his backing vocals. I think they're what sound so weird and it kinda clashes with the main vocals. But whatever, demos are never perfect!

Last edited by StitchesOnTheRadio on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 12:10 am

Keep in mind at the show he said "We don't have any recordings yet", and these were dug up and not posted by Brian or anyone involved, so it pretty much confirmed that these were just demos Brian mocked up. Probably with the intention of sending to the other members so that they knew how to play the songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 12:24 am

http://www.sendspace.com/file/js99s2       RED LIGHTS

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mebuwy SKETCHY
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 12:42 am

Yeah, I actually think they should have held these back. Sketchy in particular doesn't sound good. Don't think I'll be listening to these again, really. Or if I do it certainly won't be very much.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 1:30 am

i like the red lights one! and they are great for the lyrics even if the recordings aren't the best.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 1:01 pm

It's funny. I always thought the whole "If I slow it down I'll end up one of my accusers' knives" line sounded like Dylan, but on this recording it reminds me of when Scott Weiland sings in a country-flecked style.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:15 pm

Shorestyle69 wrote:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/js99s2       RED LIGHTS

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mebuwy     SKETCHY

Just can't get these links to work. Either goes onto an add page and when I get rid of the ad part of the URL it puts me on a generic comsendspace page. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:23 pm

Ive sorted it now. Thanks for uploading Shorestyle!
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:53 pm

Man, Red Lights is an amazing song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 1:24 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Well we really can't ask for clearer recordings than this!

Sketchy is...peculiar here. What's with all those random sounds in the background at the end? I feel like Brian got on one of those sound effects websites and just started clicking stuff, haha. And his vocals kinda sound like shit on that recording, and I have a pretty high level of tolerance for imperfections in his vocals but that was not great. I hope we get a better recording of that one. I agree with whoever said it sounds like it was done really quickly on garageband. Which is better than nothing. But I'll stick with the live version for now.

The Red Lights recording sounds a lot better. I think Cat also got some backing vocals in on this one?  And I'm just so thankful to finally be able to clearly hear the lyrics!

EDIT: I'm not bothered by his vocals, I'm bothered by his backing vocals. I think they're what sound so weird and it kinda clashes with the main vocals. But whatever, demos are never perfect!

It took me a few listens to hear the weird springy sounds at the end of Sketchy. I wonder what the hell is behind that  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:28 am

Definitely demos. These are just drum loops.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 6:23 am

I'm starting to come around on Sketchy. Although I'm seriously missing the bass on that one thanks to the GoPro video where the bass is so overblown, haha. Issues aside though, it's such a good song.

@Matt, I have no idea with that spring, haha. But seriously, those are all stock sounds off a website or something. I feel like I'm back in my sound editing class when I listen to that song, clicking on varies clips of "dogs barking" and whatnot, haha.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 6:51 am

brian was just fuckin around
Back to top Go down
crazyhollywoodnights
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 1:44 pm

I think Sketchy is really good, I like it more than most of Handwritten to be honest, but Red Lights is the one that really does it for me. Definitely my favorite thing he's released since Elsie, if not since 59 Sound.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 2:16 pm

I'm just so happy because it seems like Brian and the band as a whole are in great spirits and really excited about what's next. 2014 is going to be a great year for them. I've heard comments from people who are loving the Molly material that had lost some interest after Handwritten came out.
Back to top Go down
Bobul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Bobul

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 6:23 pm

Does anyone have a place to go to in order to dl these songs other than sendspace? Everything on there seems like an ad and I have no idea what to click to get them.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 11:04 am

PM me your email and I can send them as an attachment.
Back to top Go down
ManasquanMike
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 1:59 pm

Anyone have any MP3's of any tracks other than Sketchy and Red Lights? Even if they are decent live versions since I think only those 2 demos were leaked out.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 2:51 pm

I want them to be a full-time band.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:55 pm

I don't know if it has been already posted, but I love this picture

http://instagram.com/p/j5TR9_lmpi/#
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 1:38 am

I honestly think they are going to surprise us with an album or EP. I was just on facebook and they have started some things and added a bunch of pictures in a studio. They now have a twitter and an instagram. I dunno...I just have the feeling something big is coming.
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 1:46 am

I do think Brian has said he wants to, although I wonder how soon it'd be considering that Gaslight is recording their next album this season. Hopefully he won't get bored before they have time to put something out...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:12 am

33RPMHero wrote:
I honestly think they are going to surprise us with an album or EP.  I was just on facebook and they have started some things and added a bunch of pictures in a studio.  They now have a twitter and an instagram.  I dunno...I just have the feeling something big is coming.

I don't know if we're gonna be that lucky. Those photos are of the red bull session they promised when he was saying they WEREN'T going to do an album a few weeks ago. But I'm excited to see that it looks like they'll be better recordings than I expected. I thought it was just gonna be the 4 of them in front of a camera, steal the audio from a youtube video, kinda thing. I'm excited for this. But like Laura (flannel) said, that's if Brian doesn't get bored of this before they have a chance to make it into something. It's sort of poorly timed with TGA getting things moving again.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:17 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
33RPMHero wrote:
I honestly think they are going to surprise us with an album or EP.  I was just on facebook and they have started some things and added a bunch of pictures in a studio.  They now have a twitter and an instagram.  I dunno...I just have the feeling something big is coming.

I don't know if we're gonna be that lucky. Those photos are of the red bull session they promised when he was saying they WEREN'T going to do an album a few weeks ago. But I'm excited to see that it looks like they'll be better recordings than I expected. I thought it was just gonna be the 4 of them in front of a camera, steal the audio from a youtube video, kinda thing. I'm excited for this. But like Laura (flannel) said, that's if Brian doesn't get bored of this before they have a chance to make it into something. It's sort of poorly timed with TGA getting things moving again.

God Dammit Shelby......always getting my frickin hopes up. Sad
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 4:20 am

It seems like there's a decent effort being put into this Red Bull recording so I think we're all gonna be happy with it for now...Definitely better than the Red Lights & Sketchy rough acoustic demos that I played dozens of times even though they sounded pretty rough.

We're already getting a Gaslight album this year so a little extra Fallon of any kind is a bonus in my book
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Molly & The Zombies
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next