DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Molly & The Zombies

Go down 
+52
CapedAvenger
aelliott88
HolyBreakOfDay
cmigs
zerb012345
flannel
ManasquanMike
crazyhollywoodnights
simo
jonester
mingus
cdala
Bobul
The_River
redheadchick
Jerseyrain
Jaws
Vibes
Yozzy
The Angry Johnny Revue
LittleEden
thomas94
BereasaTGA
Hanswurst
jensomniac
Anya_TGA
HorribleCrowe
33RPMHero
ral
Steve70s
MKULTRA
eagles1139
Jack
TGAFAN25
miked331
Rizz
colmillionaire
brianisbae
The Last Jukebox Romeo
njguy99
bringiton_ty
matkins
NeverTrustAJunkie
Prisoner
steph
jerzshore732
rumham
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
Shrewsbury_Stars
LiveFastDieOld
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 12:09 am

Geez, "Lucky" sounds like Heaven. If they don't release an album I am going to be so upset and disappointed. I love the sound of Molly and the Zombies.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 12:43 am

matkins wrote:
Looking at my videos in order with the setlist, I believe this may be "Lucky".

Interesting, both Lucky and "Sketchy" share the lyric "This is the first part of love"

Ugh I really want a Molly and the Zombies album. At least I know I'll love it (I mean, I LOVE the sound of all the songs I've heard so far), something I can't definitively say about a new Gaslight album.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 1:08 am

I can't tell if this is Smoke or 7th and Union. It makes me so mad that my phone was going dead and I couldn't catch more. This is a really, really good song.
 Sad 

Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 1:10 am

matkins wrote:

So is this actually lucky?

Shelby had said in her post here

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t5376-molly-and-the-zombies-lucky-lyrics

That it was number 5 which crossed with the set list meant it was lucky. If it isn't I would like to fix the error. They don't sound like the same song so I'm guessing one of these songs is actually another song....
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 1:19 am

Debonair wrote:
matkins wrote:

So is this actually lucky?

Shelby had said in her post here

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t5376-molly-and-the-zombies-lucky-lyrics

That it was number 5 which crossed with the set list meant it was lucky. If it isn't I would like to fix the error. They don't sound like the same song so I'm guessing one of these songs is actually another song....

I didn't have the set list at the time I made up those numbers. So #5 meant the 5th one we could find on youtube. I have no idea which song it was between 5 and 7, then someone said it was Lucky and I didn't argue because I had no idea, haha. So yeah, ignore my numbering entirely!

And yes, I believe that one is Lucky.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 1:22 am

matkins wrote:
I can't tell if this is Smoke or 7th and Union. It makes me so mad that my phone was going dead and I couldn't catch more. This is a really, really good song.
 Sad 

I'm gonna bet this one was smoke because I remember this song being the only one that was faster like I mentioned earlier and I'm pretty sure the faster one was 2nd to last of their original songs (so not including I Walked With A Zombie). But my memory has been known to be unreliable.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 1:26 am

It's like putting together a puzzle! I have Dead Flowers and the two songs I listed above on my phone before Zombie. I don't have the one Megan posted and Shelby listed lyrics for. My guess is that it is Smoke or 7th and Union since there are 3 songs between the two covers. Shelby and I were standing together, but we were too excited to coordinate the order of songs.  Razz
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 1:28 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
matkins wrote:
 Sad 

I'm gonna bet this one was smoke because I remember this song being the only one that was faster like I mentioned earlier and I'm pretty sure the faster one was 2nd to last of their original songs (so not including I Walked With A Zombie). But my memory has been known to be unreliable.

Ah ok my mistake. No prob just switched to title of the topic to "song title unknown" until we can figure out/agree on the song title. If any others ends to be switch to "unknown" give me a heads ups.

Feel free to create new topics for these new clips for the lyrics. If you're unsure of the name just put some form of 'Molly and the zombies : "unknown" lyrics' until we can figure it out.

Last edited by Debonair on Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 1:31 am

So we've accounted for the first 4 songs in that go pro video, and lucky is not what we originally thought but we have it now, so that's 5. 8 is of course IWWAZ so that leaves 6 and 7 and two videos we aren't sure on. Like I said, I think the faster one is #6 Smoke but I'm not sure, and that would mean the song we originally called Lucky, is in fact 7th and Union. So we have at least a clip of all the songs now and it's just those two that we're not positive which is which. Anyone else have any recollection of when the faster song was played?

Andrew, I of course can't say for sure. But he does say "how Lucky" in the song we now think is Lucky, so I'd say it's likely that that's the correct title. But in terms of officially calling it that I can understand hesitating. Just figured I'd mention it though.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 1:34 am

It wouldn't surprise me if some of these might not have permanent titles yet.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 1:37 am

If he saying "how lucky" in the song, to me at least, it's more than likely lucky. And matkins seem pretty sure of that too. If everyone else if fine with calling it "lucky" we can do that.

I'm going to split the video collection list I made into a new topic for easy reference and we can update it as more videos appear.

Link: https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t5378-molly-and-the-zombies-live-video-reference-list

Edit:
Ok updated the list with these two new songs. Called the first new one "lucky" and switched old 'lucky' to "unknown #1"

Also added the second new video as unknown #2

Will update names and video as found.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 2:00 am

matkins wrote:

Haha undoubtably so. Hopefully people who read/lurk understand we have no insider information and do this purely for our own "entertainment" (if you call the stress entertainment  Razz )
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 2:02 am

Debonair wrote:
matkins wrote:

Haha undoubtably so. Hopefully people who read/lurk understand we have no insider information and do this purely for our own "entertainment" (if you call the stress entertainment  Razz )

Haha, I'm glad someone else is feeling stressed by this too!  Razz 
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 2:10 am

eagles1139 wrote:
matkins wrote:

Interesting, both Lucky and "Sketchy" share the lyric "This is the first part of love"

Ugh I really want a Molly and the Zombies album. At least I know I'll love it (I mean, I LOVE the sound of all the songs I've heard so far), something I can't definitively say about a new Gaslight album.

They share more than that.

Lucky:

"Call your name, from miles and miles away. This is the first part of love"

Sketchy:

"This is the first part of love. And I came to call your name, miles and miles away"
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 2:13 am

I can't believe I forgot how Lucky sounded. Damn all those songs were so incredible. So I'm thinking Smoke was the one I was talking about (emotional rockabilly) and 7th & Union was the one referencing Sink Or Swim? Or I might be wrong, I can't remember. It was all a lovely, perfect blur.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 2:22 am

Jack wrote:
I can't believe I forgot how Lucky sounded. Damn all those songs were so incredible. So I'm thinking Smoke was the one I was talking about (emotional rockabilly) and 7th & Union was the one referencing Sink Or Swim? Or I might be wrong, I can't remember. It was all a lovely, perfect blur.

I'm like 90% sure that that's accurate. Like I said before, I'd been waiting for a fast song so the one you're calling "emotional rockabilly" stood out. I remember thinking, they have to have at least one more song like this, right? and then I think the next one was slow again. And from what little I remember of how the sink or swim line sounded, it fits perfectly with the song we now believe to be 7th and Union. But again, going off vague memory.

"It was all a lovely, perfect blur" really sums it up well, haha.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 2:50 am

I want an album. So badly. At the very least a soundboard recording (doesn't the Stone Pony do that for every show anyway?)

I love these songs way too much to only have my shit memory and low quality Youtube videos to remember them by.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 3:18 am

Jack wrote:
I want an album. So badly. At the very least a soundboard recording (doesn't the Stone Pony do that for every show anyway?)

I love these songs way too much to only have my shit memory and low quality Youtube videos to remember them by.

I don't want an album.....I NEED an album. haha. I really like the sound from the youtube videos and can't imagine how good it sounded to y'all who were actually there. Studio recordings would probably sound heavenly. If I had to take a guess I don't believe this is the last we have heard of these songs. I am guessing we will get an album sometime after the new Gaslight Anthem album drops. These songs are too good and precious to be thrown in a cell and never be heard from again. I need to hear "Lucky" in its entirety. Just that 50 seconds brings tears to my eyes.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 3:28 am

Jack wrote:

At this point, I'd take a clearly recorded bootleg or soundboard recording. Anything to hear the full songs. That GoPro video is helpful but the audio is shit.

But yeah, if this never becomes an album, or if God forbid it does and they decide one of these songs doesn't make the cut, then this is going to top the "lack of Horrible Crowes shows/albums" for cruelest thing Brian has ever done to his fans Evil or Very Mad Frying Pan. <<I don't mean that as angrily and melodramatic as it sounds, haha  Smile .

Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 9:55 am

on a side note.
Is Brian McGee playing on Brian F. his blue Gibson from the handwritten tour?
It is likely, probably not.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:01 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:
on a side note.
Is Brian McGee playing on Brian F. his blue Gibson from the handwritten tour?
It is likely, probably not.
From what I saw, yes it was Brian F's. I specifically saw the little sticker that said "bud". I was watching because I thought that it looked very familiar.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 11:19 am

You don't see many relic pelham blue es345 these days. So there's lotsa chances that's brian's guitar. Considering how he's been selling his gear lately it seems like it's length or sold to the other Brian. Feels weird. Back in the days the LPJr was pretty much his pride and joy (till it got broken, as far as I can remember).
Back to top Go down
Bobul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Bobul

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:52 pm

All of the original songs performed that night would be the perfect material for an EP. They have a few songs in the bag, and that's really all they need. I have been picturing "Molly And The Zombies" scrawled across the top of the sleeve of a 7 inch since I first heard the name. And seeing the art from the Tshirt, well that would fit perfectly on the front cover. The release of those 4 songs on an EP would make me very happy.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 12:46 pm

Thanks for a copy of the setlist. We had the titles, but weren't sure which of the titles belonged to one of my song clips.  Very Happy It was either Smoke or 7th and Union.
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 2:08 pm

They should release an EP. I bet S1D would be all over that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Molly & The Zombies
Page 7 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next