DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Molly & The Zombies

Go down 
+53
CapedAvenger
aelliott88
HolyBreakOfDay
cmigs
zerb012345
flannel
ManasquanMike
crazyhollywoodnights
simo
jonester
mingus
cdala
Bobul
The_River
redheadchick
Jerseyrain
Jaws
Vibes
Yozzy
The Angry Johnny Revue
LittleEden
thomas94
BereasaTGA
Hanswurst
jensomniac
Anya_TGA
Shorestyle69
HorribleCrowe
33RPMHero
ral
Steve70s
MKULTRA
eagles1139
Jack
TGAFAN25
miked331
Rizz
colmillionaire
brianisbae
The Last Jukebox Romeo
njguy99
bringiton_ty
matkins
NeverTrustAJunkie
Prisoner
steph
jerzshore732
rumham
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
Shrewsbury_Stars
LiveFastDieOld
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 2:04 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
Jack wrote:
I really do think Brian should seriously consider this being his main project going forward. I think these are some of his best songs he's ever written and they're made even better by the musicianship of the band and especially the harmonies. Not to mention he looks and sounds rejuvenated when he's on stage with Molly & the Zombies.

While I agree that these songs are pretty special, I think that Brian may head in a similar direction for the next Gaslight record, especially with the news that Matt Mays will be singing harmonies on the new record.

What?! Harmonies?! Awesome haha. Who is Matt Mays? Apparently I am out of the loop.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 2:10 pm

Jack wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:
Jack wrote:
I really do think Brian should seriously consider this being his main project going forward. I think these are some of his best songs he's ever written and they're made even better by the musicianship of the band and especially the harmonies. Not to mention he looks and sounds rejuvenated when he's on stage with Molly & the Zombies.

While I agree that these songs are pretty special, I think that Brian may head in a similar direction for the next Gaslight record, especially with the news that Matt Mays will be singing harmonies on the new record.

What?! Harmonies?! Awesome haha. Who is Matt Mays? Apparently I am out of the loop.

A badass Jack....a badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESRofDkmg0I
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 7:25 am

OMG I didn't know Matt Mays, I'm listening to City of the Lake right now and I don't know how to say how much I love that!
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 7:32 am

33RPMHero wrote:
Jack wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:
Jack wrote:

A badass Jack....a badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESRofDkmg0I

A badass....who can make you feel too.

Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 1:52 pm

Ooh nice Ryan Adams vibe I'm getting from that song.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 2:07 pm

Jack wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:
Jack wrote:

And here he is with Brian doing National Anthem

Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 7:34 pm

Oh I forgot to add this here, we asked at crossroads how they all met. Paraphrasing but:

Brian said he knew McGee since he was in plow united but they met sometime after that ended. So he's known him for awhile.

Cat and Randy he met while doing the tribute album for Joe Strummer. As he put it he felt that the rhythm section was awesome and he needed to make something with them.

And the name came about because he liked the song they covered "I walked with a zombie"
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 7:59 pm

thanks for the information Very Happy I just wanted to ask how they met ^^
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 1:10 am

Debonair wrote:
Oh I forgot to add this here, we asked at crossroads how they all met. Paraphrasing but:

Brian said he knew McGee since he was in plow united but they met sometime after that ended. So he's known him for awhile.

Cat and Randy he met while doing the tribute album for Joe Strummer. As he put it he felt that the rhythm section was awesome and he needed to make something with them.

And the name came about because he liked the song they covered "I walked with a zombie"

Wait, that Joe Strummer tribute became an album? I thought it was just a show. I remember seeing video of it. Is there really an album though?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 1:26 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Debonair wrote:

Wait, that Joe Strummer tribute became an album? I thought it was just a show. I remember seeing video of it. Is there really an album though?

Oh I was just going off of memory when I wrote that. I remembered him saying tribute so my brain just added album. I went back and listened and he just says tribute.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 2:18 am

Debonair wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Debonair wrote:

Oh I was just going off of memory when I wrote that. I remembered him saying tribute so my brain just added album. I went back and listened and he just says tribute.

Haha, you almost got my hopes up but I didn't think he said album. Especially since he said he messed up on like 2/3 of them, which was true but it was still awesome. If only there was an album though!
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 11:20 pm

Well I'm going to revive this thread with a totally overblown statement where I'm probably jumping the gun, but this is actually Brian's finest effort.

MATZ
E
SOS
59S
SATQ
AS
H

Part of me wishes there was more, but most of me is super happy at how complete and compact this is. Literally the definition of perfection for me.

Short but so, so sweet.

Watch for me to take this back next week.  Wink
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 11:30 pm

From a songwriting standpoint it's definitely up there. I can't really make the overall comparison because the production is obviously not as strong; it's a studio session and sounds like it.

But yeah it's awesome. I particularly love smoke.

"Your love, though like gold, is gone."
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 11:39 pm

Honestly prefer this stripped down lack of production over both Handwritten and even American Slang's.

Sink or Swim sounds rough around the edges.

It's definitely not as crisp as Elsie was though.

Regardless, I'm really happy with how it sounds.
Back to top Go down
aelliott88
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
aelliott88

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 6:49 am

I think its brilliant.

Has anyone got any ideas how get a download of the songs?
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:01 am

aelliott88 wrote:
I think its brilliant.

I find the free program Audacity pretty good but you then need to convert to mp3.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 10:30 am

Smoke and Red Lights are the best songs. No doubt.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 10:42 am

….and Long Drives. And Lucky. These songs really do immediately cut through in a way nothing has since The '59 Sound for me. This confirms that it wasn't just the magic of being there live and it happening for the first time in front of me.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 10:51 am

Jack wrote:
….and Long Drives. And Lucky. These songs really do immediately cut through in a way nothing has since The '59 Sound for me. This confirms that it wasn't just the magic of being there live and it happening for the first time in front of me.

Don't like Sketchy?
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 11:03 am

zerb012345 wrote:
Jack wrote:

Don't like Sketchy?

I do but depending on my mood I could see each of the other four being my favorite song. Not really Sketchy. Good song, though.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 1:04 pm

I'm curious…is Brian McGee singing harmonies or is it Brian Fallon layering his own voice? Sometimes I think it's one, sometimes the other, but I can't really tell for sure.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 2:03 pm

Steve70s wrote:
aelliott88 wrote:
I think its brilliant.

I find the free program Audacity pretty good but you then need to convert to mp3.
There's a plugin for Audacity that allows you to export to .mp3. I did that for nicking some of Brian's tracks from YouTube. I'll give it a go soon.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 3:07 pm

Stuff that, just seen that someone's already ripped and uploaded them on a different thread. click the link below.

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t5407p180-molly-and-the-zombies-live-red-bull-session-out-now
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 3:27 pm

i've never seen people have so much trouble downloading a group of songs
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 3:33 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
i've never seen people have so much trouble downloading a group of songs

...its getting pretty humorous now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Molly & The Zombies
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next