DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Molly & The Zombies

Go down 
+52
CapedAvenger
aelliott88
HolyBreakOfDay
cmigs
zerb012345
flannel
ManasquanMike
crazyhollywoodnights
simo
jonester
mingus
cdala
Bobul
The_River
redheadchick
Jerseyrain
Jaws
Vibes
Yozzy
The Angry Johnny Revue
LittleEden
thomas94
BereasaTGA
Hanswurst
jensomniac
Anya_TGA
HorribleCrowe
33RPMHero
ral
Steve70s
MKULTRA
eagles1139
Jack
TGAFAN25
miked331
Rizz
colmillionaire
brianisbae
The Last Jukebox Romeo
njguy99
bringiton_ty
matkins
NeverTrustAJunkie
Prisoner
steph
jerzshore732
rumham
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
Shrewsbury_Stars
LiveFastDieOld
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Yay for having friends that hook you up with sweet information/that are awesome in general.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 2:29 pm

How many from here will be there on the 27th?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 6:10 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
Yay for having friends that hook you up with sweet information/that are awesome in general.

Are you able to share this information? *nudge nudge, wink wink* Wink

If not I understand. I'll know soon enough!

@matkins, I'll be there tomorrow (the 27th) and I'm lookin to meet up with people! So if you or anyone else wants to say hi, grab food, or just be line buddies before the show, send me a PM! I'm trying to decide how early to get there so if anyone who's been in the past has thoughts on that, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 6:20 pm

I'll also be there tomorrow night. Hope it's a good one since I took off work for it!
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 7:00 pm

I cannot, sworn to secrecy....
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 7:33 pm

I know nothing other than what's been stated publicly. My suspicion is that Brian, Dave Hause and possibly others will be collaborating (Dave Hause recently announced on his email list that he'll at least be in attendance for these shows).

I actually prefer not to know the exact line-up so there's still an element of surprise. There's no way I will be disappointed because the Souls have been my favorite band for 18 years. Tomorrow will be my 63rd time seeing them but I still feel the magic every time. There's no other band I can say that about.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 8:23 pm

@colmillionare fair enough, I figured I'd try though Razz I was told something as well by a friend of a friend but I don't trust the source so I'll have to wait and see.

I agree @Shrewsbury_Stars that the whole "element of surprise" thing is fun, I'd just rather it be entirely a surprise or no surprise rather than all this speculation that has the potential to raise my expectations too high. I saw that in Dave's email too, but I'm trying to forget it because again, lowering expectations, haha.

And wow, 63 times? that's awesome! I'm only on #4, haha.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 9:14 pm

ready or not it's supergroup time?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 9:41 am

Ok so Molly and the Zombies officially consists of Brian Fallon and Brian McGee from Plow United. I assume there will be others too but this is all that's been "announced" as far as I know.

http://instagram.com/p/iUISy9yoz7/

brianmcgeemusic
3 days ago
Please to announce that my new solo album RUIN CREEK will be released by Square Of Opposition Records, @creeprecords and Waterslide Records (Japan), in spring if 2014. The album features 10 new-ish songs that were recorded and produced by @pete_steinkopf at Little Eden in Asbury Park, NJ. And speaking of Asbury Park, this Friday I'll be playing with @thebrianfallon in Molly and The Zombies at The Stone Pony as part of this year's Home For The Holidays, brought to you by @bouncingsoulsnj #chunksaahrecords and @russomusicnj. See y'all there and happy holidays!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 10:46 am

Knew it!
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 5:34 pm

Does anyone know the set times? Or at least when the souls go on?
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 9:44 pm

Cannot wait to hear how this goes!
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 1:45 am

In a word, amazing. I don't remember exactly how many songs they played, but all but two were originals (perhaps leftovers from Brian's cancelled solo album?) They played Dead Flowers which was really great and a goofy little fun song about zombies but the originals absolutely stole the show. The second song they played was easily one of the best things Brian's written. Not exaggerating. It was a rush of joy and tears in my eyes all at the same time. The band was so tight (HARMONIES!) and honestly made me question whether Gaslight is the best avenue for Brian to continue his musical journey.

But I don't want to put a damper on it, because it was just incredible. Bouncing Souls are/were boring. Laura Stevenson was fantastic.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 2:17 am

damn. there is one video on there. hoping for more! sounds like jack's review is pretty accurate
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 2:31 am

As Jack said... they were really good. Very tight and Brian sounded great. But it also seemed to likely be a onetime deal. He was sitting near the soundboard and on my way out I asked if he's planning a M&TZ album and he said "you never know" with a big smile.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 2:41 am

this is all pretty awesome / exciting. hope more videos surface! i'm being greedy tonight
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 3:23 am

Woah...if no vids surface of the originals I will be real bummed
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 3:46 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
damn. there is one video on there. hoping for more! sounds like jack's review is pretty accurate

the drunk dude yelling through the song cracked me up.

Brian- "have a good night!"

Drunk Dude - "YEEEEAAAHHHH NICE FUCKING SHIRT YEEAAAAHHH!!"
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 6:25 am

I'm uploading a video to youtube right now of part of the first song. I'll put it on here when it finishes. my phone memory filled up so i didn't get all of it. I'm not gonna lie, I'll be seriously pissed if they never record this. I definitely didn't hear even half the lyrics but the ones I could make out were awesome. I can't stand the thought of never hearing any of it again, or heck, actually HEARING it for the first time. He said they just formed the band so they haven't had a chance to record it. They probably would like to record it but my fear is it'll get lost in the shuffle because TGA is so close to recording again.

The band was tight and the harmonies were awesome but I don't agree at all that Brian should maybe continue his career with this band as opposed to Gaslight. The one area that this group lacked was it was kinda boring musically. I mean, the music fit and was nice, but nothing jumped out at me. I think TGA is way more creative in that department.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 6:40 am

The song starts around the 1 minute mark. Sorry I couldn't grab the whole thing!

Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 8:40 am

Isn't I Walked With A Zombie just Stand By Me?  affraid 
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 10:41 am

the rest of Molly and the Zombies was Brian McGee on guitar, Catherine Popper (formerly of Ryan Adams & the Cardinals / Grace Potter and the Nocturnals) on bass and Randy Schrager (Scissor Sisters) on drums.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 10:46 am

ral wrote:
the rest of Molly and the Zombies was Brian McGee on guitar, Catherine Popper (formerly of Ryan Adams & the Cardinals / Grace Potter and the Nocturnals) on bass and Randy Schrager (Scissor Sisters) on drums.

Thanks for this. I was trying to figure out who the woman (he kept calling her "Cat") was...
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 10:56 am

These were no doubt the songs from Brian's scrapped solo record he was going to record with Ryan Adams.

The first song had the lyrics that Brian posted on his old instagram account months back ("In all good faith and sentiment I can't believe somehow...that I haven't died of grief of something since you left this town I'm all undecorated, cigarettes and standard white apartment walls.").

Most of the songs had a common theme: being left by your significant other.

After one of the songs, Brian noted how strange it was to be harmonizing because that's something Gaslight can't do. He even said Gaslight's inability to harmonize was their "Achilles heal." He wasn't saying it in a dickish way and was laughing as he said it ("Ask them, they'll tell you the same thing, we talk about it all the time.").
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 11:39 am

I knew about the solo record but didn't know he was going to record it with Ryan Adams! Also, Cat is awesome. Saw a bunch of Cardinals shows back in the day. Still my favorite version of Ryan Adams. Hope Brian releases this stuff somehow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Molly & The Zombies
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next