DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?

Go down 
+29
Breanne
DiamondSinatra
SirBrad
Klown
Rizz
IrishNameAndAnInjury
acousticbandit
StitchesOnTheRadio
miked331
JukeboxJuliet
DrockNJ
Pridevsprose
Velocity
bt211
steph
EveryLittleSecret
njguy99
Shrewsbury_Stars
bringiton
CluckyB
TGA30
LuceroDiehard
simo
colmillionaire
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Angry Johnny Revue
plugga
Debonair
NYYFAN523
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:40 am

Sure- the rest of his statement about his feelings towards the "people at his shows" is here:
http://www.examiner.com/article/interview-one-on-one-with-folk-punk-rock-singer-frank-turner-part-2 (that quote is towards the middle)

Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:46 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Sure- the rest of his statement about his feelings towards the "people at his shows" is here:
http://www.examiner.com/article/interview-one-on-one-with-folk-punk-rock-singer-frank-turner-part-2 (that quote is towards the middle)

Thanks!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 5:04 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

Razz

he seems like a really, really decent guy!
also, the photo of you is nowhere near the best photo of you i've seen. i mean it's good, but you're way hotter, girlie.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 5:14 am

Does it help to know I was buzzing off margaritas in that photo?

Frank IS a decent guy. He's probably the epitome of "punk."

It's funny, you know, I always thought of Bon Jovi as just a great, entertaining band. But after reading these posts I'm kinda confused about what they're up to.

One of the things Jon said yesterday was about how they thought of Bamboozle as a smaller gig for them cus they're used to behemoth stadium shows. I was like- really?! It probably made Gaslight's life to play a crowd that size in their hometown, only to have their fans get roughed up by old rich people. What a bizarre turn of events.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 5:20 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Does it help to know I was buzzing off margaritas in that photo?

Frank IS a decent guy. He's probably the epitome of "punk."

It's funny, you know, I always thought of Bon Jovi as just a great, entertaining band. But after reading these posts I'm kinda confused about what they're up to.

One of the things Jon said yesterday was about how they thought of Bamboozle as a smaller gig for them cus they're used to behemoth stadium shows. I was like- really?! It probably made Gaslight's life to play a crowd that size in their hometown, only to have their fans get roughed up by old rich people. What a bizarre turn of events.

i can't lie. for a long time, i thought "Livin' On A Prayer" was one of the most romantic songs. and i have heard about good things JBJ has done w/ his fame and how he's been married to his high school sweetheart (or something like that) but yeah. reading some recent stuff is gag-inducing.

but i agree about the "epitome of punk", people can argue about what is or isn't punk all fucking day, but it's more about an essence/way of living than a style of music, any day. so yeah. fuck yeah! haha.

either way, i'll still rock out to "slippery when wet" (also known as my inner thigh tattoo) any day! Smile

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 5:30 am

Slippery When Wet was my first rock album. That and Whitesnake! haha

Well I'm not gonna hold Bon Jovi accountable for their fans' ridiculous behavior. But I don't like the idea of them financially punishing their fanbase and taking advantage of their loyalty like that. I just hope the people paying are all getting their money's worth.
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 5:40 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Slippery When Wet was my first rock album. That and Whitesnake! haha

Well I'm not gonna hold Bon Jovi accountable for their fans' ridiculous behavior. But I don't like the idea of them financially punishing their fanbase and taking advantage of their loyalty like that. I just hope the people paying are all getting their money's worth.

I was a BJ fan for almost 20 years, I have seen almost 90 BJ shows. There were times when JBJ was a good guy but I think his fame got to him. And I think it is hypocritical to give money to charity on one side and on the other to rip off your fans. During their last tour last year BJ not only had a golden cirlce but also a diamond circle in front of the golden circle. The prices for the diamond circle tickets varied between 170 and 350$, depending on which country, the most expensive ones in Greece, not as if they had a financial crisis there. So if you wanted to get to the front you needed a diamond circle ticket. And I won't start to talk about the ticket packages the fan club always sells... For me it seems that BJ are taking advantage of their very loyal fan base. They know that their loyal fans want to be in the front and that they will pay whatever they ask to get there.

But lets not turn this into a BJ discussion.lol I'm just glad that there are bands and singers like Frank and Gaslight who are much nicer to their fans. I just hope they stay like this.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 5:47 am

The worst I heard was Beyonce who made her fans pay just over $1,000 to get front row, some special merch and also meet her & take pics. I'm sure KISS has some stupid package like that too.

Or, you can find a local band to support, see them for $5 and meet them for free. I bet they'd even have dinner with you too! Wink

I still can't get over these violent stories! Jeez.
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:13 am

Funny thing is the BJ fans are complaining about the rude, aggressive and nasty people at Bamboozle...
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:37 am

Just got done editing. Here's my favorite shot I got of Brian:
Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 562635_10150985395561495_521306494_11962183_556485745_n

And I finally got some good shots of Alex L!
Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 575058_10150985392041495_521306494_11962146_391248310_n
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 7:04 am

I remember PJ fans got early entry at HRC in 2010, but that was it, same ticket price etc. its just that fan club thing gives some people an extra sense of entitlement in their heads, if you can't keep your space, it's not the people around yous fault.

Bon Jovi fans are rude, look at the price they pay to be in their fan club, they aren't of a stable mindset anyway. Still remember going to Bon Jovi in Dublin a few years back, just to see Kid Rock, they didn't like the fact that there was someone enjoying music that day, that wasn't Bon Jovi. I got pushed about a bit, it's just they didn't realise I was someone that would push back. I'm not proud of that state of mind at times, but that's me, I'm not going to let someone push me about.

The moral of the story is...when Gaslight introduce their fanclub, we will get this herd mentality at shows/here as well...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 11:35 am

I understand pushing back. At a certain point it does come to having to act in self defense.

Brian is claiming their price will be low and affordable, so we'll see.

One of my favorite bands in the world, who is known for greeting fans outside after the show, started having one of those "VIP/meet the band beforehand then get into the show early" packages and so now you have older people up front. I think they don't understand the nature of the front rows, how you will get shoved but it's not personal, and just lash out like it's a streetfight.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:41 pm

_rebekka_ wrote:

And I have a question for those who were there. Some BJ fans keep telling around that Brian talked bad about JBJ, that he said while being on stage that JBJ is arrogant and nasty. Did he really say that?

He definitely never said that. I can gather from other interviews that Brian doesn't really respect JBJ (who could blame him) and while Brian is known to speak his mind I can't even imagine him trashing him like that.

He said stuff like "There's a billboard that says "Bon Jovi, All the hits" so I'm expecting all of them" (something like that)
and "You guys better not do this to Bon Jovi" refering to the crowd being dead.
I don';t think he mentioned them any other times. I know he said something good about Brand New as well.

OH and something I totally forgot that I was a bit appalled by...

Someone THREW A FULL WATERBOTTLE in Brian's direction during the set. Luckily it fell short and hit the stage about a foot and a half below him but I couldn't believe it. He was just singing a song it's not like he said something controversial (not that that would excuse it.) I hope I somehow saw it wrong and it wasn't intended to hit him but it did not look good.
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:22 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
_rebekka_ wrote:

And I have a question for those who were there. Some BJ fans keep telling around that Brian talked bad about JBJ, that he said while being on stage that JBJ is arrogant and nasty. Did he really say that?

He definitely never said that. I can gather from other interviews that Brian doesn't really respect JBJ (who could blame him) and while Brian is known to speak his mind I can't even imagine him trashing him like that.

He said stuff like "There's a billboard that says "Bon Jovi, All the hits" so I'm expecting all of them" (something like that)
and "You guys better not do this to Bon Jovi" refering to the crowd being dead.
I don';t think he mentioned them any other times. I know he said something good about Brand New as well.

OH and something I totally forgot that I was a bit appalled by...

Someone THREW A FULL WATERBOTTLE in Brian's direction during the set. Luckily it fell short and hit the stage about a foot and a half below him but I couldn't believe it. He was just singing a song it's not like he said something controversial (not that that would excuse it.) I hope I somehow saw it wrong and it wasn't intended to hit him but it did not look good.

Thanks for the clarification!
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:26 pm

Klown wrote:
I remember PJ fans got early entry at HRC in 2010, but that was it, same ticket price etc. its just that fan club thing gives some people an extra sense of entitlement in their heads, if you can't keep your space, it's not the people around yous fault.

Bon Jovi fans are rude, look at the price they pay to be in their fan club, they aren't of a stable mindset anyway. Still remember going to Bon Jovi in Dublin a few years back, just to see Kid Rock, they didn't like the fact that there was someone enjoying music that day, that wasn't Bon Jovi. I got pushed about a bit, it's just they didn't realise I was someone that would push back. I'm not proud of that state of mind at times, but that's me, I'm not going to let someone push me about.

The moral of the story is...when Gaslight introduce their fanclub, we will get this herd mentality at shows/here as well...

Not all fan club members need to be like the BJ fan club members. And it also depends on how the fan club will be organized. And not all fan club members are the same. I remember during one BJ tour when the Stereophonics were supporting and I was front row I gave a stereophonic fan my spot for their set cause she would enjoy it even more than me. And a couple of times I let kids in front of me.

In my opinion a fan club can definitely be a good thing, for example when fc members get presales. And it seems as if the band really cares about their fans and the fan club so I just hope that they will keep an eye on the management of the fan club.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:36 pm

It seems all of our biggest concern is not being able to get tickets for a show, so hopefully that will be the fan club's focus, which is working on a system that tries to outsmart scalpers as much as possible.

Surely not every Bon Jovi fan is crazy. It just seemed like at this particular show, it wasn't uncommon to come across one that was. You sound fairly sane Wink so there must be others like you out there who just want to be down front next to their hero and aren't looking to beat up everyone else around them.

For the record, f I am ever near someone who throws a full bottle of water at Brian I will scratch their eyes out.

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Rebekka you sound like an awesome fan. I wish the JBJ fan in front of me at bamboozle had offered that opportunity to me when TGA played when i was screaming the lyrics in her ear essentially and she was too busy moving all over (causing me to move all over just to see) so she could see every freaking crowd surfer (why they facinated her, idk).

Also when I was further back, there were some nicer JBJ fans.

And NeverTrustAJunkie (sorry I don't know your name) I agree I'd scratch their eyes out too! My friend had a better view than me and she said it was even closer to hitting him than I thought and that Brian laughed it off (I'd have been freaked out if I were him) I just love how security didn't even pretend to try and find the jerk.

I kind of felt bad for security though. The JBJ fans that had never experienced a festival before, were complaining left and right, trying to get people thrown out.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 5:43 pm

They are older fans who give old music fans a bad name (BAD NAME! Shot through the...never mind). I'm going to be an old lady at shows but I will never be as weird as that type where I start bullying younger kids!

My writeup:
http://www.examiner.com/article/concert-review-bamboozle-2012-takes-over-asbury-park

My photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/sets/72157629852412916/
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 10:25 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
They are older fans who give old music fans a bad name (BAD NAME! Shot through the...never mind)

I totally laughed out loud at this.... and I agree with you, my dad is 54 and he goes to shows all the time....he went to Bamboozle and when I saw him at the end of the night he was talking about how he met Hot Water Music and how crazy the crowd was for Less Than Jake. He knows he's a big dude so if anyone tries to go in front of him, especially a girl, he'll let her by.

I guess every artist has shitty fans, but I wouldn't doubt that Bon Jovi's are total douches.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 4:25 am

The crowd really did go crazy for Less Than Jake. They didn't want them to leave! They kept chanting their name even as the roadies took apart the set.
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:40 pm

It seems we are very interesting cause we are being watched. Because of what I said about BJ and their fans some BJ fans came here to read it and now there is a big discussion about me on facebook and they are posting the link to this topic here on facebook. Hello everyone from the BJ world! Nice that you missed me! I'm glad I'm once again a hot topic and can get you all entertained! Very Happy

You guys probably wonder why I'm so important to them (I must admit I wonder about that too and I wonder if they don't have anything better to do with their time?!?). To make a very long story short: I voluntarily helped the BJ fan club for many years to organize the fan club entrance at many shows in Europe. Last year JBJ's brother offered me to work for the fan club. I got fired after 6 shows cause I stood up for what I believe (it was about ticket prices and favoring rich fans). First I was everybodys darling in the BJ world and now everyone hates me. I just can say that I did what I had to do and I would do it again. I can still look in the mirror and look myself in the eye cause I always stayed my true self and didnt turn into a fake person. I'm a critical person, always was and always will be and no job will change that. I was critical about BJ before and I'm critical about Gaslight if I think I have to be. If they ever turn into the same direction BJ turned I will be very critical for example. But compared to the BJ world where it is a crime to be critical I have the feeling that here on this message board it is allowed to be critical and that is a very refreshing experience for me. Also I have the feeling here it is allowed to say what you think and you dont get judged for it, another persons opinion gets accepted. Also a new experience for me...

So I have a lot of personal experiences with BJ fans and of course I dont think that all BJ fans are crazy, psychotic and nasty but many are, unfortunately. I found some good friends through BJ and I'm glad about that. But last year I also found out that many of my BJ friends were fake friends and that was a very hard lesson for me. They are saying now that I exchange BJ for TGA which is not true. I have been a TGA fan for some years already and I even thought about going on TGA tour instead of BJ tour last year. I just didnt cause I got the FC job offer. And I love music and I love concerts. So I go to concerts of my favorite bands... I didnt know that this is a crime...

Sorry to bother you with this personal comment. I didnt plan it and actually I dont really like to be that personal but I somehow have the feeling I need to explain myself.

Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:46 pm

I think that's the thing with fan clubs, some people will view them as a status symbol, and try and use them as just that. Which is sad when it gets past the fact why everyone got there in the first place...the music.

That was an interesting read, thanks Rebekka Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:19 pm

Well if they read through I think it's clear that we're being harsh on those particular fans that you guys talked about and that not all the BJ fans are nuts like that. I didn't have any problems, but then again I was by the barricade where there was a lot of security. Out in the middle of the crowd probably would have been another story. It's just interesting that all the incidents written about here were specifically Bon Jovi fans, and not say, Buckcherry or Brand New fans.

Hi Bon Jovi fans! I like Bon Jovi too. But I don't like people who take general admission crowd shoving personally and think that it's ok to get violent just because they paid extra to get in early. As I always say to people down front who get all ticked off- if you can't stand the heat, get your ass out the kitchen Smile

Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:26 pm

We should make the Bon Jovi fans pay to use this forum like JBJ makes them pay to use his.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:07 pm

Here are my pictures from Saturday and Sunday:

Sunday: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36455967@N00/sets/72157629870607824/
Saturday: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36455967@N00/sets/72157629870738386/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?   Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle? - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possibility of The Gaslight Anthem playing at 2012 Bamboozle?
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next