DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]

Go down 
+88
rem999
Casey
HorribleCrowe
henn
Álvaro
StateOfMind
mja271
TGAFAN25
mvw
simo
big blue
marcsnitz
Lukazi
jensomniac
angryjohnny27
borrowedcar
thomas94
Brother Beck
brianisbae
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
33RPMHero
Hasler09
vamike
infoghost
aelliott88
White Man In Hammersmith
jonnyz83
Steve70s
23Punk
bt211
moosicmaniac
Unorthadox1080
ivienco
RobertODonnell
Shrewsbury_Stars
Boy From Little Eden
cmigs
Thunder Peel
Forum Owner
DeathoftheCool
Christophe
Keele
Vanderlyle Geek
The_River
flannel
miked331
Jerseyrain
tigerstrom29
CasanovaBaby90
gaslightfan89
No Retreat
ral
osumarko
steady now steady now
Andy_
Vibes
pleasepassthesoup
HolyBreakOfDay
Debonair
rumham
Prisoner
pepperedham
jzancan
bradleyjp
Hanswurst
Jack
CapedAvenger
NervousFeet
TooMuchGaslight
StitchesOnTheRadio
kappanera
riversedge
Harbortown
eagles1139
nebraska
The Last Jukebox Romeo
SirBrad
colmillionaire
bringiton_ty
bootime
Jaws
cdala
Erik Drost
njguy99
poormrpitiful
zerb012345
Halcyon
bringiton
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 7:54 pm

I have to say that on firs listen I didn't like the snippet of the new song at all.
But I just listened to it with my fancy headphones instead of my crappy speakers and it sounded way better.
Aside from a nineties grunge vibe, I'm getting a Black Sabbath feel from it.

I'm really anxious to hear the rest of it. A strong chorus, cool guitar solo's, riffs etc. could really propel it from okay to amazing.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:00 pm

Hadn't been on here much lately so the news surprised me. The title is growing on me but I can't say I'm a fan of the artwork. Deluxe vinyl £39.99 too! As for the snippet, it sounds ok, it reminded me a lot of Pearl Jam for some reason...
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
poormrpitiful
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
poormrpitiful

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:26 pm

Andy Diamond just tweeted a link to this, new interview with brian talking about Get Hurt: http://www.redbull.com/us/en/music/stories/1331659065669/brian-fallon-interview-on-new-gaslight-anthem-album
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:36 pm

poormrpitiful wrote:
Andy Diamond just tweeted a link to this, new interview with brian talking about Get Hurt: http://www.redbull.com/us/en/music/stories/1331659065669/brian-fallon-interview-on-new-gaslight-anthem-album

Nice little read, thanks for the link.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 9:55 pm

Sharon Jones! Wow.

I am pumped for this album. And I am really excited they are playing PNC in their backyard. Even though I hate that place.

My input is this. Getting annoyed by album covers and song titles before you hear the songs is pointless. Look at Bruce's album covers over the years...
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 10:39 pm

since this has just turned into us posting our opinions:
I personally love the title, the track listing, and the clip (some may recall that I am probably "Too Much Blood"'s biggest fan)
pretty unenthused about the album art but feel like it'll look nicer in person? like nice and simple as opposed to... made in paint, which is how it looks on here
EXTREMELY UNENTHUSED ABOUT THE NEW JERSEY TICKET PRICES
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 10:42 pm

also really pumped about the release date
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 2:01 am

zerb012345 wrote:
poormrpitiful wrote:

Nice little read, thanks for the link.

I want to point out this quote from that article. Brian said the tracks were, "All original songs on the b-sides and everything".

a) I'm thrilled he's telling us that so we don't have to guess

and

b) That's sooo much new music! Yay!
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 2:23 am

Seems like everybody is bummed about the artwork...
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 2:34 am

Who really cares about the artwork? It could be blank for all I care, as long as it sounds great.
Back to top Go down
Vanderlyle Geek
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Vanderlyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 4:23 am

The_River wrote:

I'm not really, sure it's simple, but simplicity can be good, and in this case I think they pulled it of, it stands out, much more than the previous ones (except sink or swim, which I absolutly love)

as far as the little sneak preview, I'm not going to plot on how the album is going to be, we can sort of get an idea but it is waaay to short to really know what's going to happen
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 5:47 am

Excited by all the new music we'll be getting. Excited by the August release date (and not September). Album title works, and I don't mind the simplicity of the album cover because the image sticks with you right away and is very obvious in terms of what the album content will be. Excited for all the b-sides.

As for the clip, I feel the Stone Temple Pilots vibe. My only concern is that the vocals sound buried in the clip. It is a clip yes. I just don't want Brian's vocals buried because they are an amazing part of this band as well as the lyrics. I think they are playing us the most out there song clip to shock us a bit to get prepared. Should be another awesome album.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 6:13 am

The_River wrote:
Not everybody. As i said earlier, i like it. Simple is good. Sometimes simple can be iconic (Dark Side Of The Moon, The Beatles, Back In Black, Unknown Pleasures, etc. Not that i'm saying this is up there alongside those).
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 7:46 am

CapedAvenger wrote:
The_River wrote:
Not everybody. As i said earlier, i like it. Simple is good. Sometimes simple can be iconic (Dark Side Of The Moon, The Beatles, Back In Black, Unknown Pleasures, etc. Not that i'm saying this is up there alongside those).

I really like it too. I think it'll look great in person.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 8:37 am

On the band's website for the deluxe cd it says the release date is 15/9/14  scratch scratch 
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 10:54 am

CapedAvenger wrote:
The_River wrote:

I personally like simple as well. I just think this looks cheezy and needs SOMETHING else (or something less, blank would be better). Even if it was different coloring. Like a black, beat up, heart. This looks like a misprinted valentine. But that's the last I'm saying on the subject because the cover doesn't make the songs! I wish I knew the thought process behind it though...
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 11:00 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
CapedAvenger wrote:
The_River wrote:

I personally like simple as well. I just think this looks cheezy and needs SOMETHING else (or something less, blank would be better). Even if it was different coloring. Like a black, beat up, heart. This looks like a misprinted valentine. But that's the last I'm saying on the subject because the cover doesn't make the songs! I wish I knew the thought process behind it though...

we'll also have to see how the cover works with the rear cover, booklet, inside gatefold, sleeve, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 11:17 am

So just to be clear the bonus tracks are on the deluxe CD and the picture disc double vinyl.
The splatter vinyl is only the regular album tracks.

Am I right?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 11:21 am

miked331 wrote:
So just to be clear the bonus tracks are on the deluxe CD and the picture disc double vinyl.
The splatter vinyl is only the regular album tracks.

Am I right?

that is my understanding; and don't forget the iTunes only bonus track
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 11:23 am

This album should be renamed "There Will Be Too Much Blood"
Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 12:44 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:

lol! 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 1:31 pm

From that little clip, it sounds like Alex L is getting away from just repeating the chords. I mean, it's there a little bit, but after the first few bars he starts to get away from it.
I like it.
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 3:03 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
Thunder Peel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 3:09 pm

I'm beyond excited. I have no problem with the artwork and the brief clip in the preview video sounds interesting and different. I get the sense this will be a really dark and heavy album.
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 3:14 pm

Went onto Island - DefJam and they have the album as “Hurt Your (Pre-Order)”.

http://www.islanddefjam.com/artist/discography_single.aspx?artistID=7459&productID=12871

Strange! Oh well, still a few months to fix it I guess.
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next