DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]

Go down 
+88
rem999
Casey
HorribleCrowe
henn
Álvaro
StateOfMind
mja271
TGAFAN25
mvw
simo
big blue
marcsnitz
Lukazi
jensomniac
angryjohnny27
borrowedcar
thomas94
Brother Beck
brianisbae
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
33RPMHero
Hasler09
vamike
infoghost
aelliott88
White Man In Hammersmith
jonnyz83
Steve70s
23Punk
bt211
moosicmaniac
Unorthadox1080
ivienco
RobertODonnell
Shrewsbury_Stars
Boy From Little Eden
cmigs
Thunder Peel
Forum Owner
DeathoftheCool
Christophe
Keele
Vanderlyle Geek
The_River
flannel
miked331
Jerseyrain
tigerstrom29
CasanovaBaby90
gaslightfan89
No Retreat
ral
osumarko
steady now steady now
Andy_
Vibes
pleasepassthesoup
HolyBreakOfDay
Debonair
rumham
Prisoner
pepperedham
jzancan
bradleyjp
Hanswurst
Jack
CapedAvenger
NervousFeet
TooMuchGaslight
StitchesOnTheRadio
kappanera
riversedge
Harbortown
eagles1139
nebraska
The Last Jukebox Romeo
SirBrad
colmillionaire
bringiton_ty
bootime
Jaws
cdala
Erik Drost
njguy99
poormrpitiful
zerb012345
Halcyon
bringiton
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 3:49 pm

Where's everyone (UK posters specifically) pre-ordering the album from?

I ordered Handwritten from play.com, and it arrived the Saturday before release. Unfortunately they don't have Get Hurt listed, so i'll have to look elsewhere.

The obvious options are Amazon (UK) and direct from Universal. Does anyone have any previous experience of pre-ordering from them, and do they tend to deliver ahead of the release date?

I don't want to get home from work on the 18th and still not have a copy of the album.

Other suggestions (other than downloading - i want the CD) welcomed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 7:36 am

Same here - I go to Spain on the 17th so need it early!!
Back to top Go down
angryjohnny27
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
angryjohnny27

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 1:53 pm

That's cool. Rollin 'and Tumblin' is going well!

Spotify's Top 10 most viral tracks

The Associated Press

The following list represents the most viral tracks on Spotify, based on the number of people who shared it divided by the number who listened to it, from Monday, June 23 to Sunday, June 29 via Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and Spotify.

UNITED STATES

1. FKA Twigs, "Two Weeks" (Young Turks Recordings Ltd)

2. alt-J, "Hunger Of The Pine" (Infectious)

3. Ed Sheeran, "Thinking Out Loud" (Atlantic Records UK)

4. Sylvan Esso, "Coffee" (Partisan Records)

5. Bleachers, "Like a River Runs" (RCA Records)

6. Mastodon, "The Motherload" (Reprise)

7. PHOX, "Slow Motion" (Partisan Records)

8. Sylvan Esso, "Hey Mami" (Partisan Records)

9. The Gaslight Anthem, "Rollin' and Tumblin'" (Island Records)

10. Milky Chance, "Stolen Dance" (Republic Records)

UNITED KINGDOM

1. Jamie xx, "All Under One Roof Raving" (Young Turks Recordings Ltd)

2. alt-J, "Hunger Of The Pine" (Infectious)

3. Bobby Womack, "Across 110th Street" (Capitol Records)

4. The Gaslight Anthem, "Rollin' and Tumblin'" (Universal Music Ltd.)

5. Bobby Womack, "California Dreamin'" (Capitol Records)

6. Dan Le Sac vs Scroobious Pip, "Thou Shalt Always Kill feat. Pos Plug Won (De La Soul)" (Sunday Best)

7. FKA Twigs, "Two Weeks" (Young Turks Recordings Ltd)

8. Baz Luhrmann, "Everybody's Free (To Wear Suncreen)" (Capitol Records)

9. Thiago Thomé, "Brazil (ITV World Cup Theme)" (Pressure)

10. Mastodon, "The Motherload" (Reprise)

GLOBAL

1. Jamie xx, "All Under One Roof Raving" (Young Turks Recordings Ltd)

2. FKA Twigs, "Two Weeks" (Young Turks Recordings Ltd)

3. alt-J, "Hunger Of The Pine" (Canvasback/ATL)

4. alt-J, "Hunger Of The Pine" (Infectious)

5. Bobby Womack, "Across 110th Street" (Capitol Records)

6. Mastodon, "The Motherload" (Reprise)

7. The Gaslight Anthem, "Rollin' and Tumblin'" (Island Records)

8. Bleachers, "Like a River Runs" (RCA Records)

9. Ed Sheeran, "Thinking Out Loud" (Atlantic Records UK)

10. Watsky, "Whoa Whoa Whoa" (Universal Music Ltd.)

Records)

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/07/01/4212985/spotifys-top-10-most-viral-tracks.html
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Wow, already getting released in Germany on 8th of August.  Very Happy 

Seems like they changed the release dates, which feels kinda strange to as I can't remember any band changing that release to an earlier date. Never thought they'd get out the record that fast..
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 10:34 pm

Hooray for Aug 11/12 UK/US!!
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 9:51 am

http://m.musicradar.com/news/drums/five-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-gaslight-anthem-album-602681
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 10:04 am

angryjohnny27 wrote:
That's cool. Rollin 'and Tumblin' is going well!

Spotify's Top 10 most viral tracks

great find; RnT really is doing well

I'd love to see this for the week when the 'Get Hurt' single appears on Spotify
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
23Punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 11:11 am

Why did the release date get switched, so now its coming out in the us on August 12, not August 19 has this change been confirmed by the band? I don't see anything about changing release dates. That's really early release then if its true.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 11:14 am

23Punk wrote:

Why did the release date get switched, so now its coming out in the us on August 12, not August 19 has this change been confirmed by the band? I don't see anything about changing release dates. That's really early release then if its true.

as I keep saying of late, if the info comes from Admin (or via my Twitter), then be happy you've got it; oh you doubters  Mad 

that said, the German date was already on TGA's Facebook, the UK date is now on Amazon.co.uk

not sure why the date was advanced, but I'm not complaining
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 11:21 am

steady now steady now wrote:
23Punk wrote:

as I keep saying of late, if the info comes from Admin (or via my Twitter), then be happy you've got it; oh you doubters  Mad 

that said, the German date was already on TGA's Facebook, the UK date is now on Amazon.co.uk

not sure why the date was advanced, but I'm not complaining

also itunes changed the date to the 12th and the band retweeted Alexander's tweet about the dates being moved up. I feel like the latter is pretty solid proof.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 11:24 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
[...] and the band retweeted Alexander's tweet about the dates being moved up. I feel like the latter is pretty solid proof.

LOL - I hadn't realised  cheers 
Back to top Go down
23Punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 12:06 pm

I am not saying I'm not happy that the album got moved up, but I was at work yesterday so I didn't see anything regarding the change in release dates until this morning that's why I asked the question regarding the album in my earlier post. I was surprised not to see the a website reporting that the dates got moved up that's why I was skeptical at first.
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 3:35 pm

Nice surprise waking up to Get Hurt on my iTunes. Smile (The song, relax Wink)
Back to top Go down
NervousFeet
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
NervousFeet

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 5:37 pm

Confirmed on band page, release date moved August 12

I'm happy about this personally because I leave for Europe a few days after so this way I can get the album before I leave Smile
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 5:50 pm

Ok so now it is pretty much just over a month until the release date I wonder when iTunes previews of all songs will become available (if they do at all).
Back to top Go down
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mike_Millburys_Shoe

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 9:01 pm

Christophe wrote:
Ok so now it is pretty much just over a month until the release date I wonder when iTunes previews of all songs will become available (if they do at all).

At the last show I saw, Brian said they weren't going to release snippets like they did for Handwritten. I don't know if that includes iTunes though.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 1:25 pm

Mike_Millburys_Shoe wrote:
Christophe wrote:

At the last show I saw, Brian said they weren't going to release snippets like they did for Handwritten. I don't know if that includes iTunes though.

Ok thanks that's interesting. I guess this would be a good thing so I am not tempted to listen to any previews before the album is released. I hope there won't be any previews now.
Back to top Go down
Lukazi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 1:58 pm

Looks like we may be getting the album well before official release! Got my shipping confirmation for the vinyl in my inbox today! WOO!
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 2:01 pm

Where did you order from?
Back to top Go down
Lukazi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 2:03 pm

The 45rpm club vinyl package from.. play?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 3:08 pm

Lukazi wrote:

Please elaborate. What does the 45rpm club vinyl package have to do with Get Hurt and what's "play"?

Don't tease me like this!  Frying Pan Razz
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 3:22 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Lukazi wrote:

Please elaborate. What does the 45rpm club vinyl package have to do with Get Hurt and what's "play"?

Don't tease me like this!  Frying Pan Razz

I wonder if he just meant the link from the club pages to the InfiniteMerch packages
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 3:37 pm

I belive that "myplaydirect" was the site that the club and the band linked to in their original preorder announcement. At least that's the site I ordered my CD from. I can't imagine they would ship them out so early on purpose but hey that would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 3:51 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
I belive that "myplaydirect" was the site that the club and the band linked to in their original preorder announcement. At least that's the site I ordered my CD from. I can't imagine they would ship them out so early on purpose but hey that would be awesome.

Thanks! I never paid much attention to the site in the link, oops. Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Lukazi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 4:17 pm

Eagles is right, that's who it's ordered from .. I know I just joined the forum but i'm not pulling one over ! I was hoping other people got the notice today too... maybe it was a mistake. I made up a screenshot but i'm on a work computer and can't host/post to imagesharing sites... will do later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next