DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]

Go down 
+88
rem999
Casey
HorribleCrowe
henn
Álvaro
StateOfMind
mja271
TGAFAN25
mvw
simo
big blue
marcsnitz
Lukazi
jensomniac
angryjohnny27
borrowedcar
thomas94
Brother Beck
brianisbae
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
33RPMHero
Hasler09
vamike
infoghost
aelliott88
White Man In Hammersmith
jonnyz83
Steve70s
23Punk
bt211
moosicmaniac
Unorthadox1080
ivienco
RobertODonnell
Shrewsbury_Stars
Boy From Little Eden
cmigs
Thunder Peel
Forum Owner
DeathoftheCool
Christophe
Keele
Vanderlyle Geek
The_River
flannel
miked331
Jerseyrain
tigerstrom29
CasanovaBaby90
gaslightfan89
No Retreat
ral
osumarko
steady now steady now
Andy_
Vibes
pleasepassthesoup
HolyBreakOfDay
Debonair
rumham
Prisoner
pepperedham
jzancan
bradleyjp
Hanswurst
Jack
CapedAvenger
NervousFeet
TooMuchGaslight
StitchesOnTheRadio
kappanera
riversedge
Harbortown
eagles1139
nebraska
The Last Jukebox Romeo
SirBrad
colmillionaire
bringiton_ty
bootime
Jaws
cdala
Erik Drost
njguy99
poormrpitiful
zerb012345
Halcyon
bringiton
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 4:54 pm

I don't know about these actually shipping but the most I've ever seen people receive a preorder was about 2 weeks before street day. With majority receiving it around a week to a few days before.

My guess is they are boxing stuff up right now and as a result of their system or set up it sends a message saying it shipped.

For some reason I remember sideone had to tell people their orders hadn't actually shipped and they were just boxing. Not sure on that though.

I'd be surprised if anyone got theirs before the 29th (2 weeks from street) of course there's always your friendly neighborhood record store who tend to put stuff out well in advance.
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 5:14 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:
I belive that "myplaydirect" was the site that the club and the band linked to in their original preorder announcement. At least that's the site I ordered my CD from. I can't imagine they would ship them out so early on purpose but hey that would be awesome.

Thanks! I never paid much attention to the site in the link, oops. Embarassed 

Hmmm - I pre-ordered mine through Infinite Merch because that was the site they initially linked to when they announced the album pre-order in the very very beginning.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 5:17 pm

it'll get there

when it gets there
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 5:29 pm

I ordered from both - different colored vinyls...
Back to top Go down
marcsnitz
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
marcsnitz

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 4:00 pm

So the label has started sending the record out to the press and I received my stream today. Before I say anything, could anyone let me know what I shouldn't talk about? I obviously don't want to drop any spoilers or anything but if any admins think I should also just keep my mouth shut entirely, please let me know!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/snitzonsnacks
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 4:28 pm

marcsnitz wrote:
So the label has started sending the record out to the press and I received my stream today. Before I say anything, could anyone let me know what I shouldn't talk about? I obviously don't want to drop any spoilers or anything but if any admins think I should also just keep my mouth shut entirely, please let me know!

You are welcome to discuss the album, with a spoiler warning, unless a condition of access to the stream was that reviews are embargoed until a certain date.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
marcsnitz
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
marcsnitz

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 4:37 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
marcsnitz wrote:

You are welcome to discuss the album, with a spoiler warning, unless a condition of access to the stream was that reviews are embargoed until a certain date.

Nah, there were no conditions or anything. i'm not even able to share the stream anyway. I started a separate thread for this too.
Back to top Go down
No Retreat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 12:07 pm

marcsnitz wrote:
marcsnitz wrote:

Nah, there were no conditions or anything. i'm not even able to share the stream anyway. I started a separate thread for this too.

Where is this thread? I couldn't find it. Would love to hear your initial thoughts on the album! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 12:12 pm

No Retreat wrote:
marcsnitz wrote:
marcsnitz wrote:

Where is this thread?  I couldn't find it.  Would love to hear your initial thoughts on the album!  Thanks.

Admin note: There is after all an initial embargo on reviews based on the official industry only stream. The thread was hence sensibly taken down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
No Retreat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 12:15 pm

No Retreat wrote:
marcsnitz wrote:
marcsnitz wrote:

Where is this thread?  I couldn't find it.  Would love to hear your initial thoughts on the album!  Thanks.

Admin note: There is after all an initial embargo on reviews based on the official industry only stream.  The thread was hence sensibly taken down.

Ahhhh I see. Thanks for response.
Back to top Go down
NervousFeet
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
NervousFeet

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 2:17 pm

Anyone been able to confirm whether the album can be pre-ordered now with a stream?

I'd love to hear it early ;-;
Back to top Go down
marcsnitz
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
marcsnitz

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 2:49 pm

No Retreat wrote:
marcsnitz wrote:
marcsnitz wrote:

Admin note: There is after all an initial embargo on reviews based on the official industry only stream.  The thread was hence sensibly taken down.

Whoops! Sorry about that.  Neutral 
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 11:58 am

One month. Too many if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 10:19 pm

Back from Holiday, is there anything that I've missed involving the new album or is it all pretty much the same?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 12:57 am

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Back from Holiday, is there anything that I've missed involving the new album or is it all pretty much the same?

I guess that depends on when you left/what you heard last?
Back to top Go down
big blue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 2:10 pm

I'm sure it's a mistake but on Sirius alt nation DL, they just said the new album from gaslight comes out on Tuesday July 15.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 3:17 pm

Handwritten's NPR stream went up July 16th. Handwritten was released a week later on the 23rd. So 1 week before the 12th would be Tuesday August 5th.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 5:25 pm

A lot of NPR streams go up immediately after an album has leaked elsewhere. I assume trying to curb pirating.
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 11:28 pm

I anxiously check this thread everyday hoping that a new song (or full album) has leaked.
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 11:29 pm

Debonair wrote:
Handwritten's NPR stream went up July 16th. Handwritten was released a week later on the 23rd. So 1 week before the 12th would be Tuesday August 5th.

I remember this. I was browsing this forum on my phone before Gaslight went on stage at the show in Toronto. It was a weird feeling not being able to hear the new album because I was waiting to hear them in person. Needless to say, the ride home was awesome.
Back to top Go down
mvw
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 11:46 pm

Well......I'm ready for a leak. I can't wait any longer.
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 10:10 am

I'm ready to hear the new album too. I've been listening to the new songs a lot and they get stuck in your head so easily. Kind of cool to think that there are still 14 more on their way (I'm including b-sides).
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 8:16 pm

The teaser's not available in the US anymore. I wonder why?
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 3:16 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
The teaser's not available  in the US anymore. I wonder why?

Hmmm...that is very odd.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 4:08 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
Where's everyone (UK posters specifically) pre-ordering the album from?

I ordered Handwritten from play.com, and it arrived the Saturday before release. Unfortunately they don't have Get Hurt listed, so i'll have to look elsewhere.

The obvious options are Amazon (UK) and direct from Universal. Does anyone have any previous experience of pre-ordering from them, and do they tend to deliver ahead of the release date?

I don't want to get home from work on the 18th and still not have a copy of the album.

Other suggestions (other than downloading - i want the CD) welcomed! Very Happy
*Bump*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next