DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]

Go down 
+88
rem999
Casey
HorribleCrowe
henn
Álvaro
StateOfMind
mja271
TGAFAN25
mvw
simo
big blue
marcsnitz
Lukazi
jensomniac
angryjohnny27
borrowedcar
thomas94
Brother Beck
brianisbae
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
33RPMHero
Hasler09
vamike
infoghost
aelliott88
White Man In Hammersmith
jonnyz83
Steve70s
23Punk
bt211
moosicmaniac
Unorthadox1080
ivienco
RobertODonnell
Shrewsbury_Stars
Boy From Little Eden
cmigs
Thunder Peel
Forum Owner
DeathoftheCool
Christophe
Keele
Vanderlyle Geek
The_River
flannel
miked331
Jerseyrain
tigerstrom29
CasanovaBaby90
gaslightfan89
No Retreat
ral
osumarko
steady now steady now
Andy_
Vibes
pleasepassthesoup
HolyBreakOfDay
Debonair
rumham
Prisoner
pepperedham
jzancan
bradleyjp
Hanswurst
Jack
CapedAvenger
NervousFeet
TooMuchGaslight
StitchesOnTheRadio
kappanera
riversedge
Harbortown
eagles1139
nebraska
The Last Jukebox Romeo
SirBrad
colmillionaire
bringiton_ty
bootime
Jaws
cdala
Erik Drost
njguy99
poormrpitiful
zerb012345
Halcyon
bringiton
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 4:28 pm

VERY VAGUE first impression by Jason Tate (founder of AbsolutePunk)

http://chorus.fm/post/91339445958/first-impressions-the-gaslight-anthem-get-hurt
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Hanswurst wrote:

http://chorus.fm/post/91339445958/first-impressions-the-gaslight-anthem-get-hurt
That's nothing but good news.

Firstly: "It’s so fucking good, I’m currently leaning toward calling it career defining." So he's currently of the mindset it might redefine them, whereas i don't think anyone right now would argue that T59S defines them.

Secondly: So what if it's not where "the internet masses" thinks they should go? What do the masses know? To quote Henry Ford, 'If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.'
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 5:27 pm

Career defining might be an overstatement. I think people could find a way to attach that statement to each full length (debut in SOS, break through album in 59Sound, follow up to a hit record and maintain momentum with Slang, jump to a major and broader success of Handwritten, and willingness to expand or your sound and be bold in whatever get hurt will be).

I think the more important thing in Jason's comment is that "it's so fucking good". He's a gaslight fan too, and if another real fan of the bands likes it that is promising for everyone else. If they had only released a two song single with Get Hurt and Rollin' and Tmblin' I'd still have been really happy with the resaults. great songs and many more to come.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 2:58 am

"It's so good it may just be career defining good." - Jason Tate's first impressions article on Handwritten, May 2012
http://www.absolutepunk.net/journal.php?do=showentry&e=359152
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 8:18 am

simo wrote:
"It's so good it may just be career defining good." - Jason Tate's first impressions article on Handwritten, May 2012
http://www.absolutepunk.net/journal.php?do=showentry&e=359152

Yeah, you have to take a fanboy's first impressions with a grain of salt. I say that as a fellow fanboy.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 9:31 am

I'll agree with that. First thing I thought when I heard the snippets from 45 and Handwritten was that "HW will probably be their best record to date". Obviously that was a bit of an overstatement.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:16 am

Harbortown wrote:
I'll agree with that. First thing I thought when I heard the snippets from 45 and Handwritten was that "HW will probably be their best record to date". Obviously that was a bit of an overstatement.

Agreed, but once I heard those songs I wasn't as enthusiastic... Sounded a bit too generic....

I think with RnT and GH, we've been able to get more excited because the songs in their entirety fit with the Gaslight canon, but also bring more to the table...
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 11:50 am

I love Handwritten. Don't understand the knocks against it. I think we've all been told that Get Hurt is a little weird and different, so everyone is making it sound like they've done more for this than any other album. Since we haven't heard Get Hurt, that's hard to say.

I think each album has a vibe. SOS is very raw. 59 has a classic through back feel. AS has a bit of a brit clash era vibe on certain songs, HW is a bit of grungy undertone in places well. But really, we've had The Horrible Crowes. That was a shift in Brian's writing and sound, but still embraced some Gaslight elements. We've also had a more folksy sound with Molly now too.

I think each album has brought something more to the table that the last record didn't have. But sometimes as you add more, you have to take stuff away (like the vocal treatment on 59 which isn't on any other album for example). One of the things I love about this band is that all the albums and eps, live stuff all fits together well you can still identify which album it's from in the bands catalogue. I don't expect Get Hurt will be different from what we've heard. That's why I'm really happy with the two songs they released...they're kind of opposites in nature but feel like they belong together (Rollin bing a fast song and hurt being a slower song).
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:43 pm

Keele wrote:
I love Handwritten. Don't understand the knocks against it. I think we've all been told that Get Hurt is a little weird and different, so everyone is making it sound like they've done more for this than any other album. Since we haven't heard Get Hurt, that's hard to say.

I think each album has a vibe. SOS is very raw. 59 has a classic through back feel. AS has a bit of a brit clash era vibe on certain songs, HW is a bit of grungy undertone in places well. But really, we've had The Horrible Crowes. That was a shift in Brian's writing and sound, but still embraced some Gaslight elements. We've also had a more folksy sound with Molly now too.

I think each album has brought something more to the table that the last record didn't have. But sometimes as you add more, you have to take stuff away (like the vocal treatment on 59 which isn't on any other album for example). One of the things I love about this band is that all the albums and eps, live stuff all fits together well you can still identify which album it's from in the bands catalogue. I don't expect Get Hurt will be different from what we've heard. That's why I'm really happy with the two songs they released...they're kind of opposites in nature but feel like they belong together (Rollin bing a fast song and hurt being a slower song).

Amen! Agree on pretty much every point here.
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 11:53 pm

Hanswurst wrote:

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?p=132212550#post132212550

Looks like Tate's doing a more in-depth review on his podcast next Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
StateOfMind
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 3:24 am

Stay Vicious is on the spanish amazon with a release date of 28th July.
Back to top Go down
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mike_Millburys_Shoe

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 8:15 am

That's...weird
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 10:56 am

Looks like it'll be the Spanish single. It's got the song name on the bottom like the other single covers. Excited to hear all of it Smile
Back to top Go down
23Punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:04 am

If Stay Vicious is coming out as a Spanish single when would it be out in the US the same day July 28? I have never heard of 3 singles coming out before the release date of an album. The album release is only about 2 and half weeks away. Just got a copy of Rise Against's new record listened to the whole thing last night, its a great album its different but it still sounds like them, its mixed with fast songs and alternative songs, which sounds great, with how it was done. Hearing that album makes me even more excited to listen to Get Hurt by Gaslight when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:07 am

Even if it's not a US release I think you can still buy from international stores, but I don't know for sure.
Back to top Go down
23Punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:07 am

Keeping an open mind with Gaslight's new album since I heard Rise Against's maybe the change of pace for Gaslight music will sound great to me, I wish the album was out already. I have liked everything Gaslight has done so I'm sure I will like this new record.
Back to top Go down
23Punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:20 am

Has anybody else listened to the new Rise Against album?
Back to top Go down
StateOfMind
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:46 am

I'm not Spanish I just get creative when I'm looking for music I want haha.
with Deer Tick's new album that came out last year the Spanish amazon had samples of each song more than a month before the actual release, so now I always check it for new music. I just need previews now, I'm done waiting haha Sad
Back to top Go down
TooMuchGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TooMuchGaslight

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 2:00 pm

@DannyDelDonuts, friend of the band and I think he's working behind the stage on tour too, has posted these two quotes:

"Became blood on stray paper"

"And I don't feel those kinds of things, don't you cry for me, I used to feel everything"

I am for sure the first one is from Stray Paper, the new gaslight song.
Back to top Go down
Álvaro
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Álvaro

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 3:03 pm

StateOfMind wrote:
I'm not Spanish I just get creative when I'm looking for music I want haha.
with Deer Tick's new album that came out last year the Spanish amazon had samples of each song more than a month before the actual release, so now I always check it for new music. I just need previews now, I'm done waiting haha Sad

I'm spanish and I didn't know that! Smile It's bizarre, don't you guys think? What's the point of releasing a song in spanish before anywhere else when you are not stopping here in your european tour and Spain is not certainly a big market like UK or Germany? I don't know!
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 3:15 pm

The teaser clip is no longer on YouTube with the bit of Stay Viscious. My guess is it'll be released everywhere that day and was just out up a bit early by the UK and Spanish amazon sites
Back to top Go down
poormrpitiful
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
poormrpitiful

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 7:57 pm

TooMuchGaslight wrote:
@DannyDelDonuts, friend of the band and I think he's working behind the stage on tour too, has posted these two quotes:

"Became blood on stray paper"

"And I don't feel those kinds of things, don't you cry for me, I used to feel everything"

I am for sure the first one is from Stray Paper, the new gaslight song.

If i put, toooo much blood on the page.... a bit similar maybe its supposed to be a reference?
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 7:07 am

BF reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally needs to retire the word blood. Every. Single. Track.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 7:11 am

A third single pre-release really isn't that strange either, especially when its marketed at a different country, different market etc
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 11:57 am

TooMuchGaslight wrote:
@DannyDelDonuts, friend of the band and I think he's working behind the stage on tour too, has posted these two quotes

I'm pretty sure I've seen Danny sells their merch at shows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next