DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]

Go down 
+88
rem999
Casey
HorribleCrowe
henn
Álvaro
StateOfMind
mja271
TGAFAN25
mvw
simo
big blue
marcsnitz
Lukazi
jensomniac
angryjohnny27
borrowedcar
thomas94
Brother Beck
brianisbae
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
33RPMHero
Hasler09
vamike
infoghost
aelliott88
White Man In Hammersmith
jonnyz83
Steve70s
23Punk
bt211
moosicmaniac
Unorthadox1080
ivienco
RobertODonnell
Shrewsbury_Stars
Boy From Little Eden
cmigs
Thunder Peel
Forum Owner
DeathoftheCool
Christophe
Keele
Vanderlyle Geek
The_River
flannel
miked331
Jerseyrain
tigerstrom29
CasanovaBaby90
gaslightfan89
No Retreat
ral
osumarko
steady now steady now
Andy_
Vibes
pleasepassthesoup
HolyBreakOfDay
Debonair
rumham
Prisoner
pepperedham
jzancan
bradleyjp
Hanswurst
Jack
CapedAvenger
NervousFeet
TooMuchGaslight
StitchesOnTheRadio
kappanera
riversedge
Harbortown
eagles1139
nebraska
The Last Jukebox Romeo
SirBrad
colmillionaire
bringiton_ty
bootime
Jaws
cdala
Erik Drost
njguy99
poormrpitiful
zerb012345
Halcyon
bringiton
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 8:20 am

steady now steady now wrote:
Just found this 1984 album cover

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Yellowman+-+Nobody+Move+Nobody+Get+Hurt+lp

hahah that album is a bona fide classic.

Excited for the new single!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:03 am

Erik Drost wrote:
'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 B00L1W6AHI.01-AE2QNCE40KCLM._SX420_SCLZZZZZZZ_V351137177_

First single : Rollin' And Tumblin' - release date 25 june 2014
(source; amazon.co.uk)

Alright! Counting down the days!
Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:48 am

Was clicking through a slideshow on Huffington Post and one of the ads between photos was for Get Hurt!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:53 am

Steve70s wrote:
From the small clip the guitars sound pure Billy Duffy of The Cult which is a very good thing.

Which is a VERY good thing! 'Electric' is pure genius.
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
23Punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 7:10 pm

Gaslight released Handwritten on the major label Mercury Records, and now it says for their new album get hurt that it is being released through Island records. Was their a switch in labels by the band I always thought that Island records was apart of Mercury records?
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:02 pm

23Punk wrote:

Gaslight released Handwritten on the major label Mercury Records, and now it says for their new album get hurt that it is being released through Island records. Was their a switch in labels by the band I always thought that Island records was apart of Mercury records?

Mercury is an imprint/division of Island Records which is one of Universal Music Group's labels. No clue why they're saying Island now instead of Mercury but they're more or less synonymous.
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:31 pm

Any additional song on the single? 45 single had two tracks.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 3:38 am

Keele wrote:
Any additional song on the single? 45 single had two tracks.

so far we only know about the single because it is listed by Amazon UK as an MP3; not sure if there will be a hard version
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
TooMuchGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TooMuchGaslight

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 5:24 am

Yeahh I got tickets for their show in the Heineken Musical Hall in Holland, 15th of november!  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 7:20 am

Kropotkin wrote:
Steve70s wrote:
From the small clip the guitars sound pure Billy Duffy of The Cult which is a very good thing.

Which is a VERY good thing!  'Electric' is pure genius.

Yeah Electric is great but the guitars on the teaser clip sound like modern-day Billy Duffy, with the overdriven blues-rock tone.
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 7:27 am

Steve70s wrote:
Kropotkin wrote:
Steve70s wrote:

Which is a VERY good thing!  'Electric' is pure genius.

Yeah Electric is great but the guitars on the teaser clip sound like modern-day Billy Duffy, with the overdriven blues-rock tone.

Hmmm ... I like the Alice In Chains / Soundgarden comparison better personally - but feel we are saying the same thing - either way the guitars **rock**.

PS - The other day I just had to listen to Fire Woman a dozen times Smile
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 7:38 am

Duffy is good mates with Jerry Cantrell so there's something there. If you YouTube 'Lucifer' by The Cult then that is a good example of Duffy's current sound.

And Firewoman is a classic cheers 
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 8:35 am

trivia: in 2010 a song called 'Get Hurt' was recorded by Souleye AKA The Light feat. Sodad

Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 10:18 am

Random question, is that really Andy in the teaser?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 11:30 am

zerb012345 wrote:
Random question, is that really Andy in the teaser?

yes
Back to top Go down
23Punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 7:43 pm

I really hope Gaslight achieve a lot with this new album and it sells many copies. Rock and Roll needs to be shaken up to be relevant again. The radio today plays the same old music, its either songs from 30 or 40 years ago , or hip hop, rap, or R&B. I feel like Gaslight is just the right band to wake up rock and roll from its sleep. I just wish the band were played on the radio more same with Against Me, Rise Against, The Bouncing Souls, and others. I hope the single when its released next week goes straight to number 1 and stays their for a long period of time.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 9:03 pm

23Punk wrote:

I really hope Gaslight achieve a lot with this new album and it sells many copies. Rock and Roll needs to be shaken up to be relevant again. The radio today plays the same old music, its either songs from 30 or 40 years ago , or hip hop, rap, or R&B. I feel like Gaslight is just the right band to wake up rock and roll from its sleep. I just wish the band were played on the radio more same with Against Me, Rise Against, The Bouncing Souls, and others. I hope the single when its released next week goes straight to number 1 and stays their for a long period of time.

If someone has the talent to make "Rock and Roll" relevant again, it's someone like Jack White. No offense to Brian, but I never bought into him as the savior of rock and roll. And if the soundgarden-esque teaser is any indication, then Brian is part of the problem with rock being so played out at this point with bands falling back on the same sound as those who came before them.
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 9:35 pm

rumham wrote:
23Punk wrote:

If someone has the talent to make "Rock and Roll" relevant again, it's someone like Jack White.  No offense to Brian, but I never bought into him as the savior of rock and roll.  And if the soundgarden-esque teaser is any indication, then Brian is part of the problem with rock being so played out at this point with bands falling back on the same sound as those who came before them.  

Nah - I disagree with that. I think Brian is one of the very few who could help make rock music relevant to the mainstream masses again. His song writing sets him apart from your typical "rocker." However, I think Brian views himself more of a "song writer" than a "rocker" and I don't think he's trying to make rock and roll mainstream.

But I'd be willing to bet on Brian if he was dead set on making rock music relevant. I just don't think that's his mission. Nor should it be.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 10:39 pm

rumham wrote:
23Punk wrote:

If someone has the talent to make "Rock and Roll" relevant again, it's someone like Jack White.  No offense to Brian, but I never bought into him as the savior of rock and roll.  And if the soundgarden-esque teaser is any indication, then Brian is part of the problem with rock being so played out at this point with bands falling back on the same sound as those who came before them.  

I completely agree with you on Jack White bringing back rock. His solos are outstanding, he knows how to write lyrics and endless melodies. But Brian has that potential too. He may not have EVERYTHING Jack has, but, in the Handwritten notes, Nick Hornby said it best; "you've gotta carry on the tradition of rock in your own voice".
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 7:49 am

rumham wrote:
23Punk wrote:

It may be approaching 2 years old, but an article disagreeing with you:

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/why-the-gaslight-anthem-are-the-saviours-of-american-rocknroll
Back to top Go down
23Punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 11:11 am

I never said Brian was the savior of rock and roll, I just think that if one band can help bring rock and roll back to the radio or make people start talking about it again its The Gaslight Anthem, I mean look at the rock bands today, Rise Against is putting out a new album, but their time to breakthrough has passed now 8 albums in. I like Rise Against a lot to but I don't think its going to happen. Against Me released a great album Transgender Disphoria Blues but it only charted at 23 in the us, their a great band that's overlooked. Been a Green Day fan for 10 years but their time is coming to an end in my opinion especially after putting out the 3 album trilogy 2 years ago. I don't really know who is left in the rock and roll field besides some bands that have been around for 30 or close to 40 years. Its sad really when you think about it, Gaslight should be getting radio play and be on mtv or vhl with a documentary or have their video's played. Jesse Malin is another great artist he has amazing solo albums he should be as big as Bruce in my opinion. I get that stuff happens and bands you like don't always get recognized. But I really hope The Gaslight Anthem can make a lasting imprint on music with this album and future albums, they are a great band that deserve to be heard by people. What I like about the band is that their are no gimmicks or stage jumping, its just great rock and roll music that will be listened to for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 2:30 pm

Steve70s wrote:
Duffy is good mates with Jerry Cantrell so there's something there. If you YouTube 'Lucifer' by The Cult then that is a good example of Duffy's current sound.

Nice nice nice nice! The last I heard from them was 'Born Into This' ... But definately hear the link with TGA in 'Lucifer' - thanks for that nice link!
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 5:28 am

Kropotkin wrote:
Steve70s wrote:

Nice nice nice nice!  The last I heard from them was 'Born Into This' ... But definately hear the link with TGA in 'Lucifer' - thanks for that nice link!

We are two of the few who actually heard Born Into This then - a strange time for the band and a rushed record, but with a few gems included on it.

I think I am going to like the new guitar sound on Get Hurt a lot.
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Steve70s wrote:
Kropotkin wrote:
Steve70s wrote:

Nice nice nice nice!  The last I heard from them was 'Born Into This' ... But definately hear the link with TGA in 'Lucifer' - thanks for that nice link!

We are two of the few who actually heard Born Into This then - a strange time for the band and a rushed record, but with a few gems included on it.

I think I am going to like the new guitar sound on Get Hurt a lot.

Born Into This was a decent album, a few great cuts, etc., but indeed me too I am excited to see the new direction of the album - the sound is intriguing!
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 6:42 am

So 'Rollin And Tumblin' sounds great! Excited to hear the rest of the album now!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next