DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Molly & The Zombies

Go down 
+52
CapedAvenger
aelliott88
HolyBreakOfDay
cmigs
zerb012345
flannel
ManasquanMike
crazyhollywoodnights
simo
jonester
mingus
cdala
Bobul
The_River
redheadchick
Jerseyrain
Jaws
Vibes
Yozzy
The Angry Johnny Revue
LittleEden
thomas94
BereasaTGA
Hanswurst
jensomniac
Anya_TGA
HorribleCrowe
33RPMHero
ral
Steve70s
MKULTRA
eagles1139
Jack
TGAFAN25
miked331
Rizz
colmillionaire
brianisbae
The Last Jukebox Romeo
njguy99
bringiton_ty
matkins
NeverTrustAJunkie
Prisoner
steph
jerzshore732
rumham
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
Shrewsbury_Stars
LiveFastDieOld
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 4:21 am

33RPMHero wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
33RPMHero wrote:
I honestly think they are going to surprise us with an album or EP.  I was just on facebook and they have started some things and added a bunch of pictures in a studio.  They now have a twitter and an instagram.  I dunno...I just have the feeling something big is coming.

I don't know if we're gonna be that lucky. Those photos are of the red bull session they promised when he was saying they WEREN'T going to do an album a few weeks ago. But I'm excited to see that it looks like they'll be better recordings than I expected. I thought it was just gonna be the 4 of them in front of a camera, steal the audio from a youtube video, kinda thing. I'm excited for this. But like Laura (flannel) said, that's if Brian doesn't get bored of this before they have a chance to make it into something. It's sort of poorly timed with TGA getting things moving again.

God Dammit Shelby......always getting my frickin hopes up.  Sad

Wait, how did I get your hopes up?  scratch
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:53 am

Those pictures look way more professional than a live type thing.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 12:02 pm

33RPMHero wrote:
33RPMHero wrote:
I honestly think they are going to surprise us with an album or EP.  I was just on facebook and they have started some things and added a bunch of pictures in a studio.  They now have a twitter and an instagram.  I dunno...I just have the feeling something big is coming.

I don't know if we're gonna be that lucky. Those photos are of the red bull session they promised when he was saying they WEREN'T going to do an album a few weeks ago. But I'm excited to see that it looks like they'll be better recordings than I expected. I thought it was just gonna be the 4 of them in front of a camera, steal the audio from a youtube video, kinda thing. I'm excited for this. But like Laura (flannel) said, that's if Brian doesn't get bored of this before they have a chance to make it into something. It's sort of poorly timed with TGA getting things moving again.

God Dammit Shelby......always getting my frickin hopes up.  Sad

Wait, how did I get your hopes up?  scratch

You will only understand when the stars and the midnight milky way align themselves to reveal the truth. You will have to follow me down on Allison Road and find Mrs. Rita until I fall away.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 12:03 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
Those pictures look way more professional than a live type thing.

That is exactly what I was thinking. They look just as good as the pictures from the 60 dollar deluxe edition of Handwritten. I honestly think something else is up.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 12:21 pm

Brian gave the impression at the Crossroads show that they had to be pretty careful with this project so as not to run afoul of his contract with Mercury. (Remember that this is material that Brian was going to put out on a solo album for Mercury before he decided to scrap the project.)

I think what he might have been getting at is that (i) Mercury has the rights to a proper studio recording of this material and (ii) that a Red Bull session was kind of a loophole around that. So I really do think this is just a "live" in-studio session and nothing more. We'll see though. I'd love an official release of this stuff.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 1:04 pm

Whatever it is, it will be great.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 2:42 pm

the pictures on Facebook and Instagram are really amazing, I can't wait for the album, I think it will be sth really fantastic
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:47 pm

Honestly, after listening to some Red Bull Sessions from other bands a couple minutes ago I'd be happy with it just being Red Bull Sessions. The sound quality seems to be awesome and similar to studio recording.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 4:04 pm

" (i) Mercury has the rights to a proper studio recording of this material and (ii) that a Red Bull session was kind of a loophole around that. "

I think I need this explained further.  scratch 
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 5:35 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
" (i) Mercury has the rights to a proper studio recording of this material and (ii) that a Red Bull session was kind of a loophole around that. "

Brian was going to release a lot of this stuff on a solo project on Mercury as a label. So, technically, they own it, and don't want him to release it as a studio recording with another band. Because Red Bull sessions aren't technically a "studio release"  Mercury can't do much about it.

I THINK that's what he was saying.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 5:39 pm

Did Brian actually say these were the songs that were for his solo project he scrapped? The only thing I remember him saying was that the problem was he couldn't come up with anything good.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 5:48 pm

A while ago he posted some picture on some social network with lyrics from Red Lights talking about a solo project. Other than that nothing else was really said until his solo project was cancelled. Then came Molly and the Zombies.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 5:49 pm

I REALLY hope I'm not giving wrong info here
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 6:13 pm

Oh ok- I actually forgot about the Red Lights lyrics being posted.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:38 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

Brian was going to release a lot of this stuff on a solo project on Mercury as a label. So, technically, they own it, and don't want him to release it as a studio recording with another band. Because Red Bull sessions aren't technically a "studio release"  Mercury can't do much about it.

I THINK that's what he was saying.

Yup.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 1:22 pm

If anyone has a size Medium Molly and the Zombies shirt they'd be willing to part with... PM me. Those are amazing.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 2:45 pm

what does that mean?
Quote :
Mollyandthezombies ‏@mollyzombies
On this day in 1964 Bob Dylan sang on stage with Brandon Flowers of the killers. #truerockfacts

is it a joke or is there a meaning behind it?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 4:06 pm

Anya_TGA wrote:
what does that mean?
Quote :
Mollyandthezombies ‏@mollyzombies
On this day in 1964 Bob Dylan sang on stage with Brandon Flowers of the killers. #truerockfacts

is it a joke or is there a meaning behind it?

They're just having some fun (see the earlier post about Van Halen in 1492)
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 7:18 pm

alright, thanks, I thought it could have a meaning... and tbh I have overseen the earlier posts
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 1:56 am

oh man Smoke is a great song
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:40 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
oh man Smoke is a great song

Yeah, I've been listening to that acoustic version quite a bit. I loved it with the full-band that much more, though. Can't wait to hear it from the Red Bull session.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:18 am

I've not really followed the MATZ story so far... can someone please bring me up to speed regarding the number of songs they have and how many we can expect on the Red Bull session?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 8:06 pm

Steve70s wrote:
I've not really followed the MATZ story so far... can someone please bring me up to speed regarding the number of songs they have and how many we can expect on the Red Bull session?

Thanks in advance.

at least 6?
Long Drives, Red Lights, Smoke, Sketchy, Lucky, 7th and Union are the ones that come to mind
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 5:49 pm

I really do think Brian should seriously consider this being his main project going forward. I think these are some of his best songs he's ever written and they're made even better by the musicianship of the band and especially the harmonies. Not to mention he looks and sounds rejuvenated when he's on stage with Molly & the Zombies.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 6:10 pm

Jack wrote:
I really do think Brian should seriously consider this being his main project going forward. I think these are some of his best songs he's ever written and they're made even better by the musicianship of the band and especially the harmonies. Not to mention he looks and sounds rejuvenated when he's on stage with Molly & the Zombies.

While I agree that these songs are pretty special, I think that Brian may head in a similar direction for the next Gaslight record, especially with the news that Matt Mays will be singing harmonies on the new record.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Molly & The Zombies
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next