DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Molly & The Zombies

Go down 
+52
CapedAvenger
aelliott88
HolyBreakOfDay
cmigs
zerb012345
flannel
ManasquanMike
crazyhollywoodnights
simo
jonester
mingus
cdala
Bobul
The_River
redheadchick
Jerseyrain
Jaws
Vibes
Yozzy
The Angry Johnny Revue
LittleEden
thomas94
BereasaTGA
Hanswurst
jensomniac
Anya_TGA
HorribleCrowe
33RPMHero
ral
Steve70s
MKULTRA
eagles1139
Jack
TGAFAN25
miked331
Rizz
colmillionaire
brianisbae
The Last Jukebox Romeo
njguy99
bringiton_ty
matkins
NeverTrustAJunkie
Prisoner
steph
jerzshore732
rumham
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
Shrewsbury_Stars
LiveFastDieOld
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 5:33 pm

fuck yes for the gopro video as well as the other ones! very interesting stage angle haha
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 5:52 pm

I think this proves that anything Fallon touches turns to gold. A year or two ago I would just believe that I was so googly eyed over the Gaslight Anthem but now I really believe it. This man can not write a bad song.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 5:55 pm

I like the one that Dave Hause likes. Song #3
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 5:56 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:

That song almost brought me to tears. haha. I really enjoy them all but if I had to pick one out of the ones we heard I Would have to go with the second one.
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 5:57 pm

Thanks Shelby and Horrible Crowe so much for your video posts. It is indeed so great to see Brian having fun on stage again. After enjoying the new sounds, I am most happy to see that.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 6:04 pm

33RPMHero wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

That song almost brought me to tears.  haha.  I really enjoy them all but if I had to pick one out of the ones we heard I Would have to go with the second one.

They were all really good. The harmonies on that one were what made it stand out to me. Long Drive was really nice too I love how dark and folksy these songs are, it's nice to hear that all this talk Brian's been doing about his interest in rootsy Americana has yielded some cool songs by him
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 7:39 pm

Theres a twitter account @mollyzombies only one tweet from back in October. Not sure if it's real but hey why not?

Only 9 followers will be interesting to see the jump  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 7:53 pm

https://www.facebook.com/MollyandTheZombies/info

holly shit -

they've got a facebook page too since december 13! and there it stands:

members:
Brian Fallon
Cat Popper
Brian McGee
Randy Schrager

...how on earth did no one find out about this till now?!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BereasaTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BereasaTGA

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 8:24 pm

Thanks for sharing! That was awesome.

About what people were talking about TGA being the right vehicle for Brian in his music journey, he can always do things a la Neil Young and play with different groups according to which music style he feels like playing, don't you thing?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 8:32 pm

I would like to see Brian do all sorts of musical ventures with all kinds of people.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 8:32 pm

Come on people! We got to flood that facebook page and let them know how much we love them! Maybe with enough support from the fans we can get an album out or something.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 8:33 pm

I mean can you imagine how good these songs would sound recorded??!!  Laughing Cool 
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 9:24 pm

I really didn't see some project like Molly and the Zombies to come up after all the ideas Brian has thrown away in the last years.

From what I got from the vids they sounded really good. I'm still hoping for an entire audio recording to give these songs a closer listen.  Wink 

Thank you very much for uploading these videos everyone.

Last edited by thomas94 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 11:13 pm

I wouldn't be shocked if perhaps they have already recorded some of these tunes
Back to top Go down
LittleEden
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LittleEden

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 12:16 am

I'm so excited for the future of TGA and Brian Fallon. Brian Fallon's songwriting is untouchable. I think it is a little hasty to say M&TZ is so much better or have more potential than TGA. Brian has improved each album musically so much with different influences and so has TGA. Obviously any new songs that Brian has written sounds so good. It's like that honeymoon stage for us listeners. Anyway who else is super excited for the future of TGA and BF?!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 1:13 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I would like to see Brian do all sorts of musical ventures with all kinds of people.

I agree. Remember how he talked about sorta getting Elsie out of his system so he could write more Gaslight songs? It seems like it'd be best for TGA and for Brian if he kept TGA going with stuff that fit the band, and when he feels like doing something that just seems too different, he can go do it on the side. Just like he does now. The only downside is how frustrating it is for those of us who want to hear the side project stuff live, or with M&TZ live and recorded, because he's kinda bad about putting something great out there, and then not returning to it.

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
I wouldn't be shocked if perhaps they have already recorded some of these tunes

They haven't. Brian said "We don't have any recordings because that's what happens when you start a band...we put the band together and wrote a couple songs and we didn't have time to make a record or anything."

So if any recordings exist, I imagine they're very rough, not like studio recordings. I mean, why would you go into a studio and record let's say 3 songs, then be like "eh, we might go back and record the rest if we get a chance". It'd be a waste of money.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 1:31 am

It sure seems based on what Brian said as well as comments from Brian McGee that this is certainly a legit band and not just a fun little thing they did for this one show.

I will say this is really odd timing on Brian's part.....Gaslight has a bunch of songs written and is presumably about to record them and now is when you announce you're also doing another band? Definitely flies in the face of that "we almost broke up" interview that makes it seem like he's just riding with Gaslight for the time being. It said there that some of the songs he wrote for his solo album would be used on Gaslight's new album, but he just played a handful of them with his new band instead.

Confusing stuff but it obviously has me excited for this next year.

Without being too specific per forum rules, these songs seem really brutally honest in regard to what happened Brian's personal life. I read this forum almost every day and still wasn't really sure what was going on but these songs make it pretty obvious. Makes you wonder what the next Gaslight album is gonna sound like lyrically.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 3:07 am

I'm sure he will include 2 or 3 solo songs that he had written on the new gaslight album but we really have no idea how many he had written for that. Maybe he realized that he wanted to go in another direction with the new gaslight. Whatever he decided, I am happy with. These songs make me excited for the new gaslight anthem record though. I have a feeling that we all are going to be very surprised when it is released.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 8:00 am

Song #4 is a cover of the Rolling Stones song Dead Flowers

Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 1:44 pm

I may split the lyrics into their own topics into the "Song Meanings" area. That way we can have an easy archive of the lyrics that won't get buried here. Also so people can discuss the songs and add alterations to the lyrics until official ones come out.

Not to jump the gun on a Molly and The Zombies sub category on the forum (like THCs) because we do not know the future of this band or how it will grow. So use the other subcategories as normal for M&TZ related topics if such a need for a new topic is necessary (interviews, new shows etc.)

Name topics "Molly and The Zombies : 'topic tittle' "

That way we have an easy sort for Molly and the zombies if people search the forum for said topics and it future proofs us for easy location and relocation if we decide on a new subcategory.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 2:41 pm

LittleEden wrote:
I'm so excited for the future of TGA and Brian Fallon. Brian Fallon's songwriting is untouchable. I think it is a little hasty to say M&TZ is so much better or have more potential than TGA. Brian has improved each album musically so much with different influences and so has TGA. Obviously any new songs that Brian has written sounds so good. It's like that honeymoon stage for us listeners. Anyway who else is super excited for the future of TGA and BF?!

I can't wait for their new album Very Happy You're absolutely right, Brian's songwriting is really untouchable, and Molly and The Zombies is the proof of it
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 3:19 pm

Setlist

Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Img_8110
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 3:45 pm

Okay i think i got all the post, if i missed anything give me a heads up. Thanks shelby (StitchesOnTheRadio) for your help on the lyrics. Feel free to edit your top post to correct lyrics and credit people. Ill do the best to keep an eye on red lights and update it as needed since mine is at the top

red lights lyrics:
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t5373-molly-and-the-zombies-red-lights-lyrics

Long drives lyrics:
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t5374-molly-and-the-zombies-long-drives-lyrics

Sketchy lyrics:
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t5375-molly-and-the-zombies-sketchy-lyrics

Lucky Lyrics:
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t5376-molly-and-the-zombies-lucky-lyrics
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 3:51 pm

Cool. Will do. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 6:19 pm

I'm such a huge Brian McGee fan but had no idea until watching all the videos that have surfaced of the show that he is such an excellent guitarist.

Also harmonies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Molly & The Zombies
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next