DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Molly & The Zombies

Go down 
+52
CapedAvenger
aelliott88
HolyBreakOfDay
cmigs
zerb012345
flannel
ManasquanMike
crazyhollywoodnights
simo
jonester
mingus
cdala
Bobul
The_River
redheadchick
Jerseyrain
Jaws
Vibes
Yozzy
The Angry Johnny Revue
LittleEden
thomas94
BereasaTGA
Hanswurst
jensomniac
Anya_TGA
HorribleCrowe
33RPMHero
ral
Steve70s
MKULTRA
eagles1139
Jack
TGAFAN25
miked331
Rizz
colmillionaire
brianisbae
The Last Jukebox Romeo
njguy99
bringiton_ty
matkins
NeverTrustAJunkie
Prisoner
steph
jerzshore732
rumham
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
Shrewsbury_Stars
LiveFastDieOld
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 11:53 am

I would be surprised if we don't hear these songs somewhere again whether it is Brian solo, with Molly, Gaslight, etc. I expected it to be a great show, but was completely blown away. Brian was so happy and having so much fun.  He and Dave Hause were crowd surfing during the Souls. I talked to both, but just kept stumbling over my words trying to tell Brian how great it sounded. He just grinned and said it was ok. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 12:23 pm

Great set. More amazing music by Mr. Fallon. Not really much more to add than what everyone else already said. I was lucky enough to catch Brian after the show as he was leaving and he was gracious to stop for a photo and talk for a few minutes.

Told him the music was great and asked if he had plans to put this out on a record or at least in digital form. He said that "he hopes to get it out there, but not really sure at this time." He thinks he will since he has A LOT of down time coming up. He told me we will probably see some more shows from this band coming up most likely in smaller venues in Brooklyn and other places. He said the Gaslight record was finished and about to head into the studio for that.

I asked if he minded signing a couple of autographs for me and said "definitely man, no problem!" I had the new Gaslight DVD and the Horrible Crowes live vinyl. He looks at the DVD and hits his sound guy in the chest and says "look dude I'm on a fuckin DVD" with the biggest smile on his face. He was in such a good mood last night. Haven't seen him like this in a long time. I moved the DVD and he signed the vinyl.  We talked about Horrible Crowes for a bit. He said "It's really tough listening to your own music and thinking if it's good or bad, but I listened to this record the other day and it's REALLY good." Told him the album is beautiful from top to bottom and it is some of the best stuff he has written and hope to see some shows again soon. He said we will probably see some more shows again soon and he would love to record some new music with them. I don't know how this guy expects to tour with 3 bands, but I wasn't about to argue with him. I thanked him for everything he has done and he left to go to the afterparty at The Wonderbar. Another fun night in the little city by the sea!
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 1:27 pm

I am so glad to hear that Brian is doing awesome. I am pretty sure the new album is going to hit in June/July if they are just about to go the studio to record. I am for sure excited. I took a listen to the video that Shelby posted and I can't stop listening to the song. It sounds so good. I really hope he records these new songs and releases them. If the other songs are as good as the one Shelbster posted....he needs to.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 1:30 pm

Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 1:33 pm

HorribleCrowe wrote:

You're the man! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 1:37 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I'm uploading a video to youtube right now of part of the first song. I'll put it on here when it finishes. my phone memory filled up so i didn't get all of it. I'm not gonna lie, I'll be seriously pissed if they never record this. I definitely didn't hear even half the lyrics but the ones I could make out were awesome. I can't stand the thought of never hearing any of it again, or heck, actually HEARING it for the first time. He said they just formed the band so they haven't had a chance to record it. They probably would like to record it but my fear is it'll get lost in the shuffle because TGA is so close to recording again.

The band was tight and the harmonies were awesome but I don't agree at all that Brian should maybe continue his career with this band as opposed to Gaslight. The one area that this group lacked was it was kinda boring musically. I mean, the music fit and was nice, but nothing jumped out at me. I think TGA is way more creative in that department.

I just think they were better musicians, personally. Think about it. How long has this band been playing together? Three months max? And Gaslight's been together for 8 years or so. If you give them some time I feel like they'd do amazing, truly special stuff. But that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 1:39 pm

FULL song, great audio. Just put it up.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Molly and the Zombies sure gives me a The Tower and the Fool vibe. Not a bad thing since I love The Tower and the Fool.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 3:19 pm

the songs are really amazing, it would be amazing if they recorded it
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 3:24 pm

Jack wrote:
I'm uploading a video to youtube right now of part of the first song. I'll put it on here when it finishes. my phone memory filled up so i didn't get all of it. I'm not gonna lie, I'll be seriously pissed if they never record this. I definitely didn't hear even half the lyrics but the ones I could make out were awesome. I can't stand the thought of never hearing any of it again, or heck, actually HEARING it for the first time. He said they just formed the band so they haven't had a chance to record it. They probably would like to record it but my fear is it'll get lost in the shuffle because TGA is so close to recording again.

The band was tight and the harmonies were awesome but I don't agree at all that Brian should maybe continue his career with this band as opposed to Gaslight. The one area that this group lacked was it was kinda boring musically. I mean, the music fit and was nice, but nothing jumped out at me. I think TGA is way more creative in that department.

I just think they were better musicians, personally. Think about it. How long has this band been playing together? Three months max? And Gaslight's been together for 8 years or so. If you give them some time I feel like they'd do amazing, truly special stuff. But that's just my opinion.

Eh, that may be. At this point I just hope they don't abandon the project completely! haha. But I've always like TGA's style of playing. Sure there are a lot of better musicians out there, but they're interesting and I'd rather have interesting than perfect. But maybe that's just me.

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 3:27 pm

Short clip of Long Drive

Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 3:34 pm

Hey Shelby, How many songs did they play last night excluding the two covers?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 3:37 pm

Stole this off that Andy Diamond facebook group. It's the first 4 songs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb007XcQL8A

Chris, I couldn't tell ya for sure, I wanna say 6-8 maybe? They played for 45 minutes. If the chord chart I snagged is any indication than I'd say 6.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 3:38 pm

Jack wrote:

Eh, that may be. At this point I just hope they don't abandon the project completely! haha. But I've always like TGA's style of playing. Sure there are a lot of better musicians out there, but they're interesting and I'd rather have interesting than perfect. But maybe that's just me.

Oh, I would be completely satisfied if they just cut an album and I got to see them one more time in a headlining slot. Or at the very least the album. I was just so head over heels last night.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 3:41 pm

Stole this off that Andy Diamond facebook group. It's the first 4 songs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb007XcQL8A

Chris, I couldn't tell ya for sure, I wanna say 6-8 maybe? They played for 45 minutes. If the chord chart I snagged is any indication than I'd say 6.

Thanks Shelby!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 3:47 pm

Jack wrote:
Jack wrote:

Oh, I would be completely satisfied if they just cut an album and I got to see them one more time in a headlining slot. Or at the very least the album. I was just so head over heels last night.

Agreed. I think I was too full of awe and excitement to totally absorb what was happening! So yeah, I'm hoping for those things too so I can better appreciate the material.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:11 pm

Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 2vjeib6
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:12 pm

Is that a shirt?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:13 pm

Yes, they sold out instantly
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Horrible crowe beat you to it on the previous page  Wink 

They sound great, will def be interesting to see what will come out of them in the future, if anything at all. It goes to show you that Brian is excellent at adapting his writing style to many situations. (TGA THC M&TZ
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:18 pm

So happy to snag one of those shirts. I got one for me and my brother, the guy gave us three shirts and I went back and gave him the extra because I felt like they were going to sell out really fast. So whoever got the last medium shirt...you're welcome  Cool 
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:26 pm

I am now officially jealous... and I did think of flying over.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:39 pm

Debonair wrote:

Horrible crowe beat you to it on the previous page  Wink 

They sound great, will def be interesting to see what will come out of them in the future, if anything at all. It goes to show you that Brian is excellent at adapting his writing style to many situations. (TGA THC M&TZ

wups, didn't see that, haha. I just hope for a recording. That's all I'm asking for. But considering Brian's reputation for abandoning projects, I'm not holding my breath, haha.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:39 pm

As Brian said... "we don't have an album, but we have t-shirts!"

Was glad to get the last large before they sold out.
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:50 pm

They should've done a live recording - could have sold em at the show and cleaned up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Molly & The Zombies   Molly & The Zombies - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Molly & The Zombies
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next