DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

romance issues

Go down 
+64
zombietime
Mae
HorribleCrowe
riversedge
Roe
ivienco
McPhist0
Rizz
DamagedUniverse
The_River
cdala
jonnyz83
Smasha13
SarahSarahSarah
rem999
aldotheapache
ThisMachineKillsFascists
mingus
steady now steady now
Hombie
jzancan
emenius
Jeff
BereasaTGA
michaelphillips
Rose1991
pleasepassthesoup
loazis
The Angry Johnny Revue
kristyn
eagles1139
mwh
HolyBreakOfDay
TGAFAN25
BossTime
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
ThereIsAThunder
rumham
The Last Jukebox Romeo
jonester
redheadchick
StitchesOnTheRadio
MKULTRA
33RPMHero
bringiton_ty
Coma Girl
DeathoftheCool
Mr.Grieves
Klown
Yozzy
saltandburn1967
Christophe
Jack
colmillionaire
bringiton
JimmyB
plugga
Labhras
NeverTrustAJunkie
Debonair
Harbortown
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Camus
steph
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 34 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

romance issues - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 11:03 am

JimmyB wrote:
Think I got put into the friendzone again
First this woman was acting like she was into me-messaging me first, typing lots of lols and extra letters, seeing if I went places she goes to,etc.
Well last night I asked her honest opinion of me and she said " I think you're a genuinely awesome person you see just saw too hard on yourself. Lighten up and let loose!!!! "
She then said my haircut looks a lot better now-buzz cut

Then I have my honest opinion of her last night " I think you are the most attractive woman I've ever met. You're beautiful inside and outside and I like it. You have an absolutely wonderful soul, and you talking with me has made myself really happy."

And all she said was "awe Thanks"

Pittsburgh area really has no one who fits my type now.

Jimmy, you've never met her in person. You have no idea if she is the most attractive woman you've ever met, you don't know her inside and outside. You don't know her soul.

It's great to see you trying and out there, but you need to realize that you have to meet people halfway.

If I've met a cool guy once and we had a great time, I'm not going to say "You are the most awesome dude I've ever hung out with. You are a stand up guy, you are honest and amazing. I can't believe we're best friends. This makes me so happy". He'd be like what the fuck are you talking about? You don't know me.

And that would just be in regards to a platonic friendship.

You add the weight and pressure of romance and what I just said would be an automatic, nope, done!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 11:13 am

I've met her in person.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 5:11 pm

Okay but maybe you should dial it down a bit and ask her out on a date before pouring your heart out.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 1:31 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Think I got put into the friendzone again
First this woman was acting like she was into me-messaging me first, typing lots of lols and extra letters, seeing if I went places she goes to,etc.
Well last night I asked her honest opinion of me and she said " I think you're a genuinely awesome person you see just saw too hard on yourself. Lighten up and let loose!!!! "
She then said my haircut looks a lot better now-buzz cut

Then I have my honest opinion of her last night " I think you are the most attractive woman I've ever met. You're beautiful inside and outside and I like it. You have an absolutely wonderful soul, and you talking with me has made myself really happy."

And all she said was "awe Thanks"

Pittsburgh area really has no one who fits my type now.

I mean, of course that was her reaction. That response is super over-the-top. That's like what you'd say when you want to propose to someone, not when you want to maybe grab dinner sometime.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 8:49 pm

So an interesting moment just occurred!

I'll try to be as brief as possible. Last year I met a girl at a festival and I fell like crazy for her, she had feelings for me too. She lived in Stockholm (she was like half the reason I ended up moving there but I've since returned), five hours away from me, but we managed to see each other once more after the festival. Then things were a bit haywire in her life so she said she couldn't keep in touch anymore.

A few hours ago she asked if she could call me so I said yes and we talked and she apologized. We agreed to hang out at some point. After saying good bye I had to close the balcony door so my hands were too occupied to terminate the call, and apparently she forgot to do it so before I could end it I heard her tell her friends "I'm in love".

Fucking weird, man, really confusing.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 11:20 pm

She was obviously lying, Johan. Just fucking w your dumb head Razz
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 3:43 pm

oh how i love that this thread is still a thing. i'm not sure that i should, but oh well.

hope you're all doing well Smile
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 9:22 am

A girl I was getting quite shit-faced with told me I was "like a big bro" to her. I told her if that were true I was in need of a seriously good therapist who specializes in incest.

Haven't heard back from her yet.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 9:46 am

dude, YES, best fucking reply you could have given!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 2:57 pm

So apparently even a woman who is almost an exact clone of me doesn't have interest in me. We both like model trains, the same music, history, even after talking for hours she is now ignoring me- she even asked me not to tag her in anything on Facebook.

I really am meant to be alone and never date. Sigh, but I want to eventually have a marriage and a family. I guess God thinks I'm too much a failure at everything I attempt to bless me with a relationship. I'm 23 and have never dated in my life. Women don't get attracted to me.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 7:08 pm

Yeah, I just got this. "Are you okay? I'm sorry I hurt you, I really am. I didn't want you to be so upset. I could tell you liked me, I didn't know it was that much. If I led you on, I'm so very sorry. I would never knowingly do that. ".

Same story different woman. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 7:39 pm

god doesn't exist, Jimbo
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 12:24 am

Wow, so I actually have a crush on someone that isn't a married dude in a band, and it seems like he might actually like me. This is the strangest thing that's happened to me in a long time.
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 3:46 pm

I was just randomly browsing the forum and happened to click on your Flickr link Rose1991, cool pics!
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 4:01 pm

Oh thanks! I haven't updated it much lately. Razz
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 6:02 pm

Rose1991 wrote:
Wow, so I actually have a crush on someone that isn't a married dude in a band, and it seems like he might actually like me. This is the strangest thing that's happened to me in a long time.
Jump on that!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 7:57 am

Well done. Meanwhile o think women physically repulsed by me.
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 12:33 pm

JimmyB wrote:
High Five
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 1:23 pm

JimmyB wrote:
you charm me physically but I feel spiritually harassed by you
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 2:03 pm

OK I'm pretty sure he likes me.

Yesterday while we were setting up for a take, he came walking by me and made a detour in my direction to start some useless conversation with me about if I'd made up a backstory for my character, and then he poked fun at crafty for serving hot food an hour before lunch. That's good, right? And then when he got pulled away for a task, he hung back for a second to finish what he was saying before he ran off.

And the day before that, about 70 of us background actors were walking up the dirt road and he was walking down it, and I was dead tired and covered in filth, and when we passed each other he yelled, "Hey, miserable face!" and smiled at me.

Like at first I thought we were just set buddies cuz he kept making a point to say hi to me and he was just being friendly, but now I'm like... is there something else there?

I can't imagine why he'd be attracted to me, but he's really cute and our personalities seem to mesh pretty well, so I'm just going to not question it and see what happens. It's just weird because I can't remember a single time in my life where some guy was into me and he wasn't some desperate weirdo. Maybe for once I'm actually... *gasp* ...somebody's type???

It's odd. But I'm gonna give him my number next week when the show ends. Wish me luck. Smile
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 9:09 am

Wish I was someone's type. Not even the weirdos like me. I've had more guys look at my online dating profiles-no offense meant,but I'm straight.
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 11:02 am

JimmyB wrote:
Wish I was someone's type. Not even the weirdos like me. I've had more guys look at my online dating profiles-no offense meant,but I'm straight.
Hug Razz
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 5:08 pm

Sounds like a good thing, Rose, I'm happy for you.

Personally I've found myself completely tattered and torn by the fact that I took someone for granted for the longest time and recently learned she moved on and has met someone. She deserves all the happiness in the world, and I in no way see myself as a victim or like someone's done me wrong, but it still hurts a fuckton. Hindsight is 20/20, right?
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 9:13 am

Back for second year of University now. Tough as hell. I dated a Christian girl all through first year and she's amazing but broke up with me because I'm not the same religion and she needs to think long term. Tough part is that we started dating quite early and her flat and mine are basically now 1 giant friendship group so I have to see her all the time. Sucks so much.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 12:30 pm

Let's form a sad people support group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

romance issues
Page 31 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 34 ... 38  Next