DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ticket issues

Go down 
+16
saltandburn1967
plugga
EveryLittleSecret
NeverTrustAJunkie
spork13
njguy99
simo
HighLonesome
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Mary Ann
JJW319
ral
Klown
rsj
StitchesOnTheRadio
megan125
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
megan125
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
megan125

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:06 pm

merged threads:
scalpers [WTF?!? How is this even possible?!?]
Impossible to get tickets!

Use this thread to discuss any problems you run into/ find with tickets.

--------------------

Is anyone else getting annoyed at how hard it is to get tickets to any of these shows?? I'm hoping what Brian was saying about the fan club is true. I don't know how else to get tickets!!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 1:44 am

I got really lucky today and got tickets right at 10am but I know a lot of people got stuck waiting. It seemed to work out for everyone though, as long as they tried within the first like 15 minutes, idk after that.

My best advice is just keep trying, even if it says there's none available.

I hope they're going to do this fan club thing soon too. I'm so psyched for it and I was hoping after the last time they mentioned it that it wasn't just a fleeting thought. I can't wait to hear more about it since it sounds like they're still just tossing ideas around. Maybe they'll put it together during the winter when they take a mini break from touring.
Back to top Go down
rsj
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rsj

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 5:12 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I got really lucky today and got tickets right at 10am but I know a lot of people got stuck waiting. It seemed to work out for everyone though, as long as they tried within the first like 15 minutes, idk after that.

My best advice is just keep trying, even if it says there's none available.

I hope they're going to do this fan club thing soon too. I'm so psyched for it and I was hoping after the last time they mentioned it that it wasn't just a fleeting thought. I can't wait to hear more about it since it sounds like they're still just tossing ideas around. Maybe they'll put it together during the winter when they take a mini break from touring.

When Brian played the acoustic set @ NME he brought up the tickets issue more than once. It definitely seemed like something he was pretty passionate about sorting out, and he was adamant they were working on something Smile
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 6:57 am

For people thinking the fan club is going to bring answers, it won't, it will just bring another version of these threads a year or two down the line, if they are thinking of doing something the 10c model of things. Unless they are going to use that as model of how NOT to do it, Brian and whomever is in on this, needs to be looking to the direction DMB, Metallica, Iron Maiden on how to make a fanclub work.

As long as we don't get to the stage of 10c, where the fans that pay an annual fee, think they are better than normal fans, then that's good as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 2:19 pm

Klown wrote:
For people thinking the fan club is going to bring answers, it won't, it will just bring another version of these threads a year or two down the line, if they are thinking of doing something the 10c model of things. Unless they are going to use that as model of how NOT to do it, Brian and whomever is in on this, needs to be looking to the direction DMB, Metallica, Iron Maiden on how to make a fanclub work.

As long as we don't get to the stage of 10c, where the fans that pay an annual fee, think they are better than normal fans, then that's good as well.

Agree with most of this. If they start a fan club based on what PJ tried to do in the 90s, they have a chance. Their goal used to be get tickets for fans, send out newsletters a couple times a year and do a christmas single every year. Essentially it was about the fans and almost a thank you, even though you paid $10-15 per year. I don't even want to get started on what the TC has become or how they treat some of the fans.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 2:23 pm

ral wrote:
Klown wrote:

Agree with most of this. If they start a fan club based on what PJ tried to do in the 90s, they have a chance. Their goal used to be get tickets for fans, send out newsletters a couple times a year and do a christmas single every year. Essentially it was about the fans and almost a thank you, even though you paid $10-15 per year. I don't even want to get started on what the TC has become or how they treat some of the fans.

Paying $10-15 a year isn't much a problem as Brian said at the NYC show that the members would get a yearly exclusive 7", t-shirts, and other merchandise, all for free.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 2:31 pm

JJW319 wrote:

Paying $10-15 a year isn't much a problem as Brian said at the NYC show that the members would get a yearly exclusive 7", t-shirts, and other merchandise, all for free.

Only it's not going to be $10-15, and it's not free gifts, as you're effectively paying for them. I would be shocked if they do it for that price.

The 10c is now $50 a year for international customers, so they are charging their customers for a shitty server that can't hold up to any sort of demand for sales, barely any merch sales, and an annual gift that is now about 2 years behind. Oh, and plain white t-shirt which says "I'm analog"...and that's before their shit service comes into play.
Back to top Go down
Mary Ann
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mary Ann

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: scalpers [WTF?!? How is this even possible?!?]   ticket issues Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 2:50 pm

I am naive about some of the ways of this wicked world. How does this work?

Mafia? Insider trading? Bloody ruthless rogues?

I seriously don't get it...Somebody clue me in how this is even remotely possible:

http://www.liveshindigs.com/tickets/newyork-newyork/thegaslightanthem-jul242012330am-tickets.aspx

http://www.stubhub.com/gaslight-anthem-tickets/gaslight-anthem-new-york-webster-hall-7-24-2012-4088644/

Admin, feel free to move/delete this thread as per your judgment. I just thought it deserved its own attention.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 2:52 pm

$236?! That's insane! I hate scalpers. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Mary Ann
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mary Ann

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 2:54 pm

But, but, but....the tickets aren't even on sale yet via the Gaslight Anthem website. AND Webster Hall doesn't even have them listed yet on their calendar!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 2:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJyQ0FuMsv4

Take 45 minutes out of your time to watch that, that's how they can do it.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 2:57 pm

Oh my gosh, I didn't realize that! That's even more insane! I wonder how many people will freak out thinking that they won't be able to get tickets and go ahead and buy these? I hope that doesn't happen, but it probably will.
Back to top Go down
Mary Ann
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mary Ann

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:03 pm

Thank you, Klown, I definitely will watch that video. Right now I'm off to an obligatory Sunday afternoon social event.
Bound to be a snoozer. But damn, even ticket master doesn't have this event listed yet.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search&user_input=gaslight+anthem&q=gaslight+anthem&search.x=0&search.y=0
Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:17 pm

That's ridiculous... it's so shady! Scalpers suck. Klown, I just watched the first part of that video... ugh. Organizations/people like that really grind my gears. It's not fair to true fans in the least bit.
Back to top Go down

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:38 pm

best way to avoid scalping is to make every show a will call ticket only.

the issue with that is that lets say if I can't go then I can't have my friend go for me cause the will call would be under my name.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:50 pm

And here in the midwest tickets have been on sale for 24+ hours and they're not even sold out yet.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 4:42 pm

You guys do realize, I hope, that whoever's selling these "tickets" almost certainly does not have them yet. They are pre-selling the promise of a ticket. That's why they won't ship until early July.

Pay now, that encourages them to go buy them. If they don't get them - oops, they'll send you a refund.

Don't do it.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 4:46 pm

njguy99 wrote:
You guys do realize, I hope, that whoever's selling these "tickets" almost certainly does not have them yet. They are pre-selling the promise of a ticket. That's why they won't ship until early July.

Pay now, that encourages them to go buy them. If they don't get them - oops, they'll send you a refund.

Don't do it.

Watch the link I posted, they almost certainly do have them, or at least the guarantee of them.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 4:49 pm

Klown wrote:
Watch the link I posted, they almost certainly do have them, or at least the guarantee of them.

I did - and I doubt it. The ticket brokers and/or the organizers aren't stupid enough to post them to a re-selling site weeks before the tickets go on sale to the general public. That would draw a lot of attention.

Stubhub, btw, only has the event listed and no actual tickets posted.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 5:03 pm

I'll add: that site, liveshindigs.com, is already "selling" tickets for the NHL Stanley Cup finals.

The schedule for those games isn't out yet - and we don't even know which teams will be playing!

Maybe some season ticket holders are pre-selling their seats to see what they might get if they decide to not attend.

I'm not saying organizers don't funnel their tickets to re-sellers and game the system so they get extra money. We know they do. I just seriously doubt that's what's happening here.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 5:03 pm

Klown wrote:
JJW319 wrote:

Only it's not going to be $10-15, and it's not free gifts, as you're effectively paying for them. I would be shocked if they do it for that price.

The 10c is now $50 a year for international customers, so they are charging their customers for a shitty server that can't hold up to any sort of demand for sales, barely any merch sales, and an annual gift that is now about 2 years behind. Oh, and plain white t-shirt which says "I'm analog"...and that's before their shit service comes into play.

right, the $10-15 is what PJ used to charge when they ran the fan club for the fans instead of as a business. I would hope that Gaslight can offer something similar to the My Morning Jacket fan club, Roll Call. $30/year gets you access to tickets/vip packages, an exclusive tshirt, an exclusive poster, download of a 2011 show, early access at shows, exclusive online content, and I believe they've even offered access to soundchecks in the past.
Back to top Go down
Mary Ann
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mary Ann

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 3:02 am

Whoa, guys...didn't mean to start a row.

I have no way of investigating, but it did/does strike me as shady at worst and presumptuous at best to have resale ticket sites poised to sell tickets for these events when the venues haven't even posted them.

I did watch the video, thank you, Klown; certainly explains the difficulties the average bloke has when trying to get a fair price.

I've wondered, too, whether scalpers employ some sort of jamming system when legit tickets do go on sale at legit sites -- seems so many complain about technical difficulties during these times. Or maybe that's just my overactive imagination.

Sigh...I guess there really is nothing new under the sun, but the ease by which the Internet makes it possible to scam one's fellow man is quite alarming.

But for some reason or other I am reminded of the The Art of the Steal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMe3r9PLtpI

Back to top Go down
spork13
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
spork13

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 11:27 pm

so what the hell is going on? this is all because of scalpers? im so cunfused. all i know is apparently i cant go to the july 22nd show in mass and im literally heartbroken Sad
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 4:20 am

We all know Gaslight Anthem is awesome. I'm just confused as to when the rest of the world caught on so fast since, for example at Bamboozle, no one seems to know who they are.

I feel like the MHOW show alerted their presence to scalpers and now everything is screwed.

OR is it because Bruce Springsteen alerted everyone to their presence?

Anyway, since the Pearl Jam club was specifically mentioned, can you give us a rundown of what you actually get? Or what you used to get when you weren't against it? (cus it sounds like you're against it now)
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:44 am

10c...international and canada membership was 50 dollars and US was something like 30-35 dollars.

You got an annual gift. That went from been called the Xmas single to annual gift, as it was always late. Just to let you have an idea HOW late. The 2010 Xmas single, didn't arrive until last Sept/Oct. We haven't got the annual gift from last year late.

You got a magazine that was meant to be once or twice a year. I've had one magazine in the past 2 years.

You got early access to tickets. On a server that never loads, and can't handle any sort of demand, thus leading to the prime example of the fact it took some people for the Euro tour, over a day to get through and get tickets. They keep saying they are upgrading their servers, every time they do, it gets worse. They should just use Ticketmaster and swallow their pride, besides, TM tickets are cheaper than 10c tickets.

You get early access to shows. Cool, if you're prepared to sleep outside a venue for a day.

You get use of the exclusive messageboard. You don't, you can use it without been in the club.

You get exclusive merch sales. You do and you don't, the staff hold lots back, and then stick it on e-bay. Then when they have made their cash, they suddenly 'find some more stock!!' Which to be honest, if you're 'misplacing' 250 pieces of vinyl, then you can't be very organised (or you're just lying)

You also get such great freebies, as staff members been abusive to you, staff members using your personal details and a huge sense of elitism and that you are better than normal fans.

Oh, you also get a gift every time you re-new, last years gift was a plain white tshirt, with the words 'im analog' on it, no reference to Pearl Jam at all. This years gift is a sheet of stickers, that again, doesn't reference Pearl Jam, just has 10club splashed all over it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ticket issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ticket issues
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next