DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

romance issues

Go down 
+64
zombietime
Mae
HorribleCrowe
riversedge
Roe
ivienco
McPhist0
Rizz
DamagedUniverse
The_River
cdala
jonnyz83
Smasha13
SarahSarahSarah
rem999
aldotheapache
ThisMachineKillsFascists
mingus
steady now steady now
Hombie
jzancan
emenius
Jeff
BereasaTGA
michaelphillips
Rose1991
pleasepassthesoup
loazis
The Angry Johnny Revue
kristyn
eagles1139
mwh
HolyBreakOfDay
TGAFAN25
BossTime
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
ThereIsAThunder
rumham
The Last Jukebox Romeo
jonester
redheadchick
StitchesOnTheRadio
MKULTRA
33RPMHero
bringiton_ty
Coma Girl
DeathoftheCool
Mr.Grieves
Klown
Yozzy
saltandburn1967
Christophe
Jack
colmillionaire
bringiton
JimmyB
plugga
Labhras
NeverTrustAJunkie
Debonair
Harbortown
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Camus
steph
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

romance issues - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:46 am

kristyn wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
I'm feeling hurt beyond belief today.  I cannot believe my flirting is not even acknowledged, let alone accepted.  Anyone want to give me some positives about being single?

I think we have all been right where you are at at one point or another, and I am sorry that you are there right now. The sidebar says you are 22, which was absolutely the worst of it for me. It got better right as I was pretty sure that I couldn't take any more weird romantic experiences (like how sometimes, you can't even be sure what happened or if you communicated everything properly and you just start to wonder if something is wrong with you). But nothing is wrong with you. I promise.

Anyway, I feel for you. It got better for me and I hope it will get better for you.

There have been tweets and posts from him where he comes off like a masochist. Don't fall for his pity tricks either. We have been trying to help him forever and he never takes anyone's advice. He always does this and a majority people here are sick of it.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 10:49 am

33RPMHero wrote:
kristyn wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
I'm feeling hurt beyond belief today.  I cannot believe my flirting is not even acknowledged, let alone accepted.  Anyone want to give me some positives about being single?

I think we have all been right where you are at at one point or another, and I am sorry that you are there right now. The sidebar says you are 22, which was absolutely the worst of it for me. It got better right as I was pretty sure that I couldn't take any more weird romantic experiences (like how sometimes, you can't even be sure what happened or if you communicated everything properly and you just start to wonder if something is wrong with you). But nothing is wrong with you. I promise.

Anyway, I feel for you. It got better for me and I hope it will get better for you.

There have been tweets and posts from him where he comes off like a masochist.  Don't fall for his pity tricks either.  We have been trying to help him forever and he never takes anyone's advice.  He always does this and a majority people here are sick of it.

Just because you're sick of it doesn't mean you have to be a heartless asshole. Everyone has feelings and Jimmy has a right to be upset whether you agree that he should or not.

Sorry your life is so tough that you have to flame Jimmy every time he posts on here. If you don't want to deal with it, simply don't read or reply to his posts.

Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Actually I'm just not a fan of people who complain about stuff over and over again and don't do anything about it. And that wasn't an asshole post...go back on this thread and see what some of the other people have posted to him about the same situation.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 1:24 pm

Online dating doesn't work. I've been trying it.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 1:26 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Online dating doesn't work.  I've been trying it.

Jimmy, I've been doign online/app dating for the last couple years... There is a GOLDMINE there...

Trust me, it works...
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 1:38 pm

I am not getting any "goldmine" women.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 1:49 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I am not getting any "goldmine" women.

There's no such thing as a perfect woman. Nor is there a woman who will fit all your wants and needs. All there are in this world are human beings. Humans are flawed.

What you do need to find is someone you make a connection with. Don't look for reasons not to be with someone, look for reasons to be with someone. When you love someone, you'll quickly realize their flaws are beautiful and make them who they are.

You can be perfectly imperfect, and that's party of the beauty of being human.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 3:47 pm

Maybe I need to reevaluate what I am looking for.  Yes, this is the photo I am using for my image.
romance issues - Page 17 156035_270935789762533_2637855065659368858_n
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 5:55 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Maybe I need a boob job?  Yes, that would improve the photo I am using for my image.
go for it buddy. if that's what you feel in your heart you need to do then don't let anyone talk you out of it.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 2:40 am

i had this weird dream that the hillbilly way became massively popular
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Okay, Honestly. How attractive am I?
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 7:25 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Okay, Honestly.  How attractive am I?

Jimmy my boy, right now you are sitting at a respectable 8 on the physical appearance scale. Have you ever considered getting a nasal septum piercing? That shit would bump you up a notch to 8.5 right there!
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 10:17 am

JimmyB wrote:
Okay, Honestly.  How attractive am I?
new boobs wouldn't hurt
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 11:44 am

It all depends on who you're asking but I've seen Harbortown give you very good advice to clean up your appearance and it doesn't look like you've taken it so I don't know what to say.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:57 pm

jimmy you should ask Benny for advice on women when he does the forum chat thingy.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 12:33 am

Jack wrote:
It all depends on who you're asking but I've seen Harbortown give you very good advice to clean up your appearance and it doesn't look like you've taken it so I don't know what to say.

^this. get new glasses frames, get a sharp haircut and some nicer fitting clothes, keep exercising (if you need a refresher on what that advice was)
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 5:10 pm

Also, why the face?
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 7:07 pm

What do you mean? Why the face?
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 7:34 pm

That Jack guy's got it. Gotta get dem black rims.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 6:57 pm

thanks to dating sites i now think all women are shitebags.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 6:57 pm

apart from my mum. i love my mum.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 4:00 am

Jimmy, my man, I'm jobless, broke, psychologically wrecked and possibly clinically insane at the same and I feel like writing a long-ass post on life and shit. Listen the fuck up.

The best thing that could happen to you is that some gorgeous, generous, loving girl who fits you perfectly falls down from the sky right on your lap. Falling in love, feeling some romance, putting your hand down a girl's skirt; it would all help you see things in a different perspective probably.

But then again, no one falls down from the sky like that, so it's just not gonna happen. You're trying to be flirty, which is a good thing, but when you're shot down you return to your spiral of negativity. "Yeah, I fucked up again / I'm an unattractive piece of shit / I don't know what to do with my life / I can't ever get anything right / I am an idiot / I'll never have a girl / My life sucks" Well, I'm a introspective twat like yourself and I can't go two hours without finding and obsessing over a fatal flaw in my character, decision-making abilities or appearance. The problem appears to be kinda simple; nothing seems to work out, you have low self-esteem and all that shit has been making you unhappy for years and years and every time you feel like you've made some steps in the right direction, something goes wrong and you feel like a piece of shit again.

The solution? Well, that's the thing, it's all on you. Oh, shit. On me? Yes, on you. You're responsible for making things happen in your life. That's not to say that everything that goes wrong is your fault and that you should feel bad about it, but it does mean that if you want to see improvement, you'll have to act. Doing stuff takes courage and mustering up courage is difficult when you're convinced you're a dipshit, but it's the only way.

Don't be too hard on yourself, gather up the courage to take a small step at a time. You want to look better to feel more confident (which is not 'shallow,' just common sense; we're all worth investing time and money into ourselves)? Look up how a good fitting pair of jeans/chinos should look and pick the cheapest option. Do the same with a few basic t-shirts and shirts. Don't feel the need to spend your savings on a new wardrobe all of the sudden, just make small, incremental changes to your style. Want a cool haircut? Do it. Sip on some soothing liquids beforehand if it's a big thing for you. Want to look and feel better? Start a basic workout-routine (check this for example, if you don't feel like going to a gym. Etc.

Allow yourself the time, but try to make small steps towards the directions that feel right for you. You're worth it. WE'RE ALL GONNA MAKE IT #SUPERYOLO

Time to fry some eggs and play Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 1:22 pm

loazis wrote:
Jimmy, my man, I'm jobless, broke, psychologically wrecked and possibly clinically insane at the same and I feel like writing a long-ass post on life and shit. Listen the fuck up.

The best thing that could happen to you is that some gorgeous, generous, loving girl who fits you perfectly falls down from the sky right on your lap. Falling in love, feeling some romance, putting your hand down a girl's skirt; it would all help you see things in a different perspective probably.

But then again, no one falls down from the sky like that, so it's just not gonna happen. You're trying to be flirty, which is a good thing, but when you're shot down you return to your spiral of negativity. "Yeah, I fucked up again / I'm an unattractive piece of shit / I don't know what to do with my life / I can't ever get anything right / I am an idiot / I'll never have a girl / My life sucks" Well, I'm a introspective twat like yourself and I can't go two hours without finding and obsessing over a fatal flaw in my character, decision-making abilities or appearance. The problem appears to be kinda simple; nothing seems to work out, you have low self-esteem and all that shit has been making you unhappy for years and years and every time you feel like you've made some steps in the right direction, something goes wrong and you feel like a piece of shit again.

The solution? Well, that's the thing, it's all on you. Oh, shit. On me? Yes, on you. You're responsible for making things happen in your life. That's not to say that everything that goes wrong is your fault and that you should feel bad about it, but it does mean that if you want to see improvement, you'll have to act. Doing stuff takes courage and mustering up courage is difficult when you're convinced you're a dipshit, but it's the only way.

Don't be too hard on yourself, gather up the courage to take a small step at a time. You want to look better to feel more confident (which is not 'shallow,' just common sense; we're all worth investing time and money into ourselves)? Look up how a good fitting pair of jeans/chinos should look and pick the cheapest option. Do the same with a few basic t-shirts and shirts. Don't feel the need to spend your savings on a new wardrobe all of the sudden, just make small, incremental changes to your style. Want a cool haircut? Do it. Sip on some soothing liquids beforehand if it's a big thing for you. Want to look and feel better? Start a basic workout-routine (check this for example, if you don't feel like going to a gym. Etc.

Allow yourself the time, but try to make small steps towards the directions that feel right for you. You're worth it. WE'RE ALL GONNA MAKE IT #SUPERYOLO

Eggs are delicious.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 2:40 pm

Jimmy, here's a song that really helped me get through some hard times. Maybe it'll help you too.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 8:08 pm

loazis wrote:

i feel like i just listened to a dave hause song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

romance issues
Page 17 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 38  Next