DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

romance issues

Go down 
+35
TGAFAN25
HorribleCrowe
Kosburn59
Keeb631
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Daire
Camus
waltzingseñora
DeathoftheCool
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Perry
Christophe
StopAndSlideToTheRight
JukeboxJuliet
Álvaro
theBasemen
Hirti
steph
Jay
NeverTrustAJunkie
Holland
I am Incinerator
mingus
steady now steady now
plugga
El Jefe
Philo
Labhras
Debonair
loazis
MKULTRA
Shrewsbury_Stars
acousticbandit
Harbortown
JimmyB
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:59 pm

Anyone else having as much lack of luck as I in this category? Every single girl I have ever asked (20 total times) have turned me down.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:05 pm

I meet quite a lot of girls in Santa Barbara, most of them are nice and it's easy to get a number and a coffee date.
I'm still recovering from a heartbreak, though. SHIT'S TOUGH, YO.

I'm saying this based only on the pictures I've seen of you, but, you certainly have room for improvement in the fashion department.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:10 pm

As for fashion.,,, I usually wear a pair of Jeans, Chuck Taylor's a black tee, and a belt with a guitar buckle, and nothing done to my hair,,
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:37 pm

Harbortown wrote:

I'm saying this based only on the pictures I've seen of you, but, you certainly have room for improvement in the fashion department.
ouch!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:59 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Anyone else having as much lack of luck as I in this category? Every single girl I have ever asked (20 total times) have turned me down.

Hang in there pal. I've been with the same gal for 8 years now (and married to her for 5) so I've been out of the game a while.

Back when I was still playing the field, I usually preferred getting to know a girl as friends first before asking her out. When you get to know someone on a platonic level first, it takes a lot of the pressure off while you get to know each other. I think this can really increase the chance of hitting it off romantically.

Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 12:35 am

good name for a band
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 12:42 am

acousticbandit wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

ouch!
Hey I didn't say it to be mean!

I'm just saying, if you wear something good and you know it then you'll feel more confident and that's what girls like.

I'm hardly the most handsome guy on earth (I come in at second or third place), but I can be fairly confident when I decide to be, and that's how you ultimately get girls.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:53 am

I got this nasty crush that I haven't had in years where I just can't seem to swallow the smallest piece of an apple if I had to. It's funny how something so goddamn amazing can make you feel so insanely fucking shitty at the same time. The circumstances are of course overly dramatic and it all causes so much shit that some friends are gonna hate our guts but I suppose that's the way things go some times. Paradox and irony once again prove to be vital aspects of love and life. If there's anything beyond those stars, call it god or the universe, it has this weirdly fucked up sense of humor that I can't help but laugh about.
Back to top Go down

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:19 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

Back when I was still playing the field, I usually preferred getting to know a girl as friends first before asking her out. When you get to know someone on a platonic level first, it takes a lot of the pressure off while you get to know each other. I think this can really increase the chance of hitting it off romantically.

I 100% agree with this. Friends first. I'd be way more open to accepting a date if someone actually took the the time to get to know me first.

Harbortown wrote:
acousticbandit wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

ouch!
Hey I didn't say it to be mean!

I'm just saying, if you wear something good and you know it then you'll feel more confident and that's what girls like.

I'm hardly the most handsome guy on earth (I come in at second or third place), but I can be fairly confident when I decide to be, and that's how you ultimately get girls.

I think this is somewhat true, but if you're overly confident you tend to just come off as a cocky asshole.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:27 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
I think this is somewhat true, but if you're overly confident you tend to just come off as a cocky asshole.
Being a cocky asshole might not get you a girlfriend but it can definitely get you laid.
Back to top Go down

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:22 am

loazis wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Being a cocky asshole might not get you a girlfriend but it can definitely get you laid.

haha, true, but you'll be banging Snookie!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 1:59 pm

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t3497-fallon-pick-ups

Did you try some of the pick up lines yet? lol!

My guess your in college (like me) college years 18 - 24ish are tough. people are more concered about grades and their careers/future then dating.(which no offense you should be, work now to play later as they say) college years is just to much up in the air and moving around, so finding a nice stable long lasting relationship will be tough. Your more likely to get into smaller non-lasting relationships. You'd be better off finding a friends with benifits type then getting into alot of shitty relationships

Though if you really are looking for a relationship(a good one) do what everyone else is saying, find someone, become friends with them, and be charasmatic
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:56 pm

WingsForWheels wrote:
good name for a band
haha i thought the same thing!

as for the origional post, i would suggest that you're asking out the wrong girls. oh and smile, everyone likes a smile!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:58 pm

College-No, I went right into the workforce, since my grades would have probably kept me out. I just got my license in July to drive,
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Haveta say I've had serious romance issues myself, in the past year or so I have one girl practically obsessing over me (not being a 'cocky asshole' but its true, i hate it) and then theres me practically obsessing over this girl who just doesnt seem to notice, now I understand that one of the worst feelings in the world is liking somebody and they being completely and utterly oblivious to the fact. :-/
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:54 pm

Well this gave me an idea for a tattoo. You Stole my heart...on top of a Broken heart.
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:30 pm

You only have asked 20 girls? Keep asking. Seen worse stats.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eljefedesign.com
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 6:45 am

Philo wrote:
Haveta say I've had serious romance issues myself, in the past year or so I have one girl practically obsessing over me (not being a 'cocky asshole' but its true, i hate it) and then theres me practically obsessing over this girl who just doesnt seem to notice, now I understand that one of the worst feelings in the world is liking somebody and they being completely and utterly oblivious to the fact. :-/

exactly!
plus happened to me twice this year that the guy I liked started liking me only once I was finally over him scratch
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:45 am

Is there scope for a DimestoreSaints 'lonely hearts' sub-forum? I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:40 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Is there scope for a DimestoreSaints 'lonely hearts' sub-forum? I love you
Sergeant Jimmy and the lonely hearts sub forum
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:40 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Well this gave me an idea for a tattoo. You Stole my heart...on top of a Broken heart.
I don't mean to be on your case but that sounds pretty cheesy to me.
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 2:00 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
When you get to know someone on a platonic level first, it takes a lot of the pressure off while you get to know each other. I think this can really increase the chance of hitting it off romantically.

The risk of the so-called "friend zone" is not to be underestimated. I'm not saying it's impossible to date somebody who you already know very well, but the problem is that she might find it difficult to think of you of anything else than as a friend. It's kind of a cliché theory, but I haven't been able to prove it wrong, especially not the last months.
Back to top Go down
I am Incinerator
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:04 pm

Man, you're 19, there is plenty of time for steady relationships. by the time I was 19, I had maybe one steady-ish relationship. I wouldn't say that I wasn't out trying, especially when I was 19. I definitely had fun. Though, looking back I don't think I was all about the relationship as I thought I was at that age. I think I just enjoyed the idea of it plus the benefits, then the actual relationship. Those days I think I would probably date a girl for two weeks before I would be over it and want to hang out with my buddies more. Same goes for the girl in some cases. Sometimes it would be a peaceful split, sometimes it would be ugly, others just seemed to fade out, not sure why some of those ended.

This time 16-21 wasn't very long at all. I met the girl who I would end up marrying a few months after turning 21 she was a few weeks from turning 19. So, it happens when you least expect it. Just keep a cool head and have fun
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:44 pm

yeah I really don't have many friends either.
Back to top Go down

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:57 pm

Honestly going to any kind of school helps...either be a Junior College or College, it helps meet new people and expand your horizons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

romance issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

romance issues
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next