DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

romance issues

Go down 
+64
zombietime
Mae
HorribleCrowe
riversedge
Roe
ivienco
McPhist0
Rizz
DamagedUniverse
The_River
cdala
jonnyz83
Smasha13
SarahSarahSarah
rem999
aldotheapache
ThisMachineKillsFascists
mingus
steady now steady now
Hombie
jzancan
emenius
Jeff
BereasaTGA
michaelphillips
Rose1991
pleasepassthesoup
loazis
The Angry Johnny Revue
kristyn
eagles1139
mwh
HolyBreakOfDay
TGAFAN25
BossTime
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
ThereIsAThunder
rumham
The Last Jukebox Romeo
jonester
redheadchick
StitchesOnTheRadio
MKULTRA
33RPMHero
bringiton_ty
Coma Girl
DeathoftheCool
Mr.Grieves
Klown
Yozzy
saltandburn1967
Christophe
Jack
colmillionaire
bringiton
JimmyB
plugga
Labhras
NeverTrustAJunkie
Debonair
Harbortown
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Camus
steph
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

romance issues - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 4:06 pm

loazis wrote:
Sounds just like in the movies, man. You will be head over heels only to realize that she made a bet with a bunch of friends to see who could get some nerd to fall for them first. You learn about this by overhearing a conversation she's having in her room as you walk up to ring the doorbell to give a her a serenade and bouquet of flowers. You walk away defeated and lonely, and as if she somehow knew you were there, she looks out of her window just as you pass the corner of her street only to see a guitar smashed to bits in the snow surrounded by trampled rose petals. She feels guilty and realizes that what started out as only a joke and a bet developed into something real. You, however, don't want none of that anymore and revert back to being a melancholic songwriter who's mean to other nerds on the Internet. After a few weeks without contact (and shaving) you muster up the courage to air your heartbreak by playing a few songs at an open mic evening at your local organic coffee bar. You play your heart out, but no one really seems to care too much. Depressed, you decide not to play your last song, seeing as life is nothing but darkness and despair anyway. Who cares? At the moment you mumble a "thank you" in the microphone, an angelic voice from somewhere in the back of the bar reaches your ears. You freeze up midway through undoing your capo as you would recognize that voice out of thousands. "You have one more song to play," she says. You think back about that one night you spent together goofing around and discussing the universe, and how you messed around with a few chords and she hummed a melody over it. "I finished the song," she says, "our song." She sits next to you on stage and you can't do anything but finger pick that first chord. As you play the intro, she tells the crowd that the song doesn't have a proper name yet, but that for now "I'm Sorry" will do. You feel your heart tighten in your chest. The crowd is interested all of a sudden, as if they sense the chemistry on the stage, awkward and frail as it may be at that moment. She starts to sing. It's perfect. As you reach the chorus and she sings "I love you, I'm sorry" with that cheeky smile of hers as she looks you straight in the eyes, you fall in love all over again. The crowd responds by cheering and clapping, love is in the air. The song ends, she asks for your forgiveness by taking your face in her hands and whispering in your ear. You respond by going in for the kiss. The crowd is roaring. You leave together, hand in hand, and you don't even notice the cold and bitter Swedish snow that night. You will live happily ever after and you know it in that instant. The bar is still buzzing, aside from one lonely dark figure in the corner. He peers at the two of you through the fogged up window as the two of slowly walk out of sight. He uses the pointer on his right hand to draw an upside down heart in the window, followed by a crack that goes from the top right down to the bottom. In his left hand, he cradles a model locomotive that he traveled to Sweden for to buy from a specialized seller. He jumps up as a feminine hand reaches over his shoulders to wipe out the broken heart. The boy notices a tattoo on her forearm in the candlelight of the bar. It says "No Retreat, No Regrets." "Hi," he says awkwardly. "No broken hearts tonight," she answers as she smiles at him. Her eyes light up when she looks at the locomotive. "Is that an original Z-1400 model from 1962?" she asks. The boy smiles and nods. Life's good that night.
well so far we've gone dumpster diving and smoked a bunch of weed, I guess it's a start
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 1:53 pm

ALRIGHT so tiny update on the utterly devastating heartbreak that started in late september last year.
Tiny backstory; We dated for about a year, moved to separate towns but still kept in touch and made plans to see each other, she met someone else and that broke me down completely, a few months later we started talking again and now she admits that she regrets choosing him over me.

She's dating a girl now so she really dives into new relationships fast. Her dating a girl feels fine though, because I don't end up comparing myself to her like I would compare myself to that guy. I'm so glad to be almost completely over her in that sense, and I'm glad we're able to keep in touch as really close friends.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 7:35 pm

So um, I've been talking with this woman I went to high school with every day online. Well um, I proposed getting some coffee her response was "Whenever I'm off work". She reads a lot of my statuses on FB and even said something about her playing an instrument as well. She's shown up to both events I was at that I told her about, and seemed slightly shy but confident. We even traded cell numbers today. So I think there may be possibly something here,.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 8:24 pm

So, I went on a date with her today, one of those Coffee dates to see how we clicked and if there was anything between us. I met her there, paid for both our drinks, and started conversation. We talked about everything imaginable for two hours and she didn't even touch her phone once during those hours. She even gave me a huge when we left. I think I may ask her out again soon.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 2:35 am

Good for you, Jimmy!
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 am

Nice Jimmy! Im proud of you buddy!

Well, I was texting this girl for about a week and she came over last Thursday. I broke my first rule and fooled around with her the first night I met her. It was a good night and everything but I can't help but feel like she thinks I used her. She had major trust issues and all her ex-boyfriends were crazy. I texted her the night of the mornign she left and we texted back and forth and she was very flirty and saying she had a great time. I didn't hear anything from her Saturday and Sunday and then she randomly friended me on facebook. I texted her this past Monday and we texted for about 5 minutes and then asked her if she wanted to hang out again and haven't heard from her since then. Not really sure what her deal is. I really believe she thought I was just another one of those guys who like to sleep around when I'm really not. She was pretty, smart and just awesome. I dunno what I should do. Do I pursue her or just forget about her? I would like to see her again and even if I dont I wish there was someone to let her know that wasn't my intent that night.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 8:12 am

Right on Jimmy, good for you!

33RPMHero wrote:
Do I pursue her or just forget about her? I would like to see her again and even if I dont I wish there was someone to let her know that wasn't my intent that night.
I'd text or call her and tell her that you've noticed she's kind of slipped away in a sense and tell her to just be honest with you.

I've got more news on my turbulent love story.
My ex called me a week ago and admitted to having feelings for me. I told her I feel the same. We decided to meet up on wednesday (that's two days ago) in Stockholm (most nervous 5 hour drive of my life) and we met for dinner.
We had a few drinks and then walked around the Old Town district of Stockholm. Suddenly she kissed me and I think it must have been the most perfect moment of my life because after spending almost half a year trying to get over her but kind of failing, I was once again in her arms. Now here's the tricky part, she still has a girlfriend, I'm still dating someone and we still live five hours apart.

Those are all hurdles we're gonna deal with, though, because I'm so in love I feel like my heart is about to fucking dropkick right out of my chest. I haven't felt this way in years.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 11:39 am

33RPMHero wrote:
Do I pursue her or just forget about her?  I would like to see her again and even if I dont I wish there was someone to let her know that wasn't my intent that night.

Winston Churchill once said something like "Never, never, never give up".
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 10:38 pm

So, I went on a second date with this girl today. It went beautifully as the first did. She got called into work, so we were only able to be together for an hour, but we went for coffee again. Naturally I paid for hers again, even after she kept saying "I've got cash...If you insist". I let her pick a place to sit, this time instead of sitting across a table, we took a table with chairs right next to each other and she positioned herself to face me right on. Like last time, she was shy with me, but every time she looked at me she looked right into my eyes, and made sure our eyes locked (man she has these absolutely beautiful grey eyes!). So we talked for an hour again (only an hour because she got called out to work), and she mentioned about wishing it was nicer outside to "walk around town with you". I suggested walking in her favorite park and getting some ice cream afterwards, and she smiled and said "yes". So there's a future date idea.
She made sure to tell me she would attend the next Open Mic Night I play, and then asked how the previous night went (best I've ever played in my own opinion, I think I channeled Brian on my one song "Madly In Love"). She then took me outside to see one of the robots she works with in her car, and was showing it off to me. We then said our goodbyes with our standard goodbye apparently- a hug. This time though, I took it a step further; I dropped where I hugged her. Normally we would hug around the shoulders but this time, I hugged her around the waist, while she hugged me at the shoulders. She got close to me in the hug, and was smiling when we stopped hugging. Oh, she was playing with her hair a little bit.
I can't wait for the next one Smile I may have something going here.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 3:08 am

Go man, go! I believe in you!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 9:03 am

This actually sounds promising mayne, you do you
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Well, I took a step last night, and when she said "How was your day?" (She messaged me), I responded "Best ever, because I got to spend it with you", and she said "Daww, hahaha you're sweet"
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 9:42 pm

That's good Jimmy but I think you should hold off a little bit on that kinda thing. Don't sound too in love until things get a little bit more serious.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 2:46 am

Yeah, I'll second that. When a girl says "hahaha" to something like that, it means she's slightly uncomfortable and wants to laugh it off. Don't get discouraged though; just reel it in a little.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 9:09 am

word
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 1:22 pm

I'm worried now, from what you two said/
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 4:31 pm

Don't worry about it. Just keep your cool for a while, for now a simple "I had a really good time with you" will suffice.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 5:01 pm

This thread is one of the most beautiful things about DimestoreSaints. You can feel the love. I actually told Brian about this thread once. Who knows where he gets the inspiration for all those relationship songs of his ...

Last edited by steady now steady now on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 5:10 pm

hahaha really, I'm sure he hasn't seen it but what'd he say?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 2:26 pm

Harbortown wrote:
hahaha really, I'm sure he hasn't seen it but what'd he say?

he mentally noted what I told him; no idea if he ever came to have a look; for all I know he's giving advice under a fake name ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 5:59 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I'm worried now, from what you two said/

Don't worry, just try to see how things go from now on and make sure to make her feel comfortable with you, so she can open up. The fact that she is shy means you will have to hold off on that kind of phrases for a bit until she's comfortable enough with you but by no means feel discouraged Smile the whole thing sounds amazing Wink
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 5:59 pm

I just came across this and, though I'm not gonna catch up with all 43 pages, I do need to say this thread is AMAZING.

If only I had found this like two or three months ago...
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 12:38 pm

I asked her to breakfast. She said "sure, let me check my schedule". I'm screwed.
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 1:07 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I asked her to breakfast. She said "sure, let me check my schedule". I'm screwed.
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Roe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 1:16 pm

Not necessarily man. Sometimes different times of the day aren't as flexible as others for some people. I work overnights on the weekends, which can make scheduling a time to date pretty rough sometimes. I'm going to agree with everyone else who has recommended just taking a breath and slowing down a little. Give her at least a few days to get back to you about the breakfast thing and don't sweat it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

romance issues
Page 34 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next