DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruce Springsteen

Go down 
+117
shiftynj
brunswick18
NotLikeWeBleed
bt211
Johnny 99
The Angry Johnny Revue
reitzel6570
kappanera
The_River
Debonair
Anya_TGA
TheMagnificentDreamer
Jaws
moosicmaniac
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Thunder Peel
BossTime
songs like a comfort
f1schu111
oh_megan
moconnell23
BuddyHolly
Raoul_Duke
DiamondSinatra
NYYFAN523
bringiton_ty
Definitely_Josef
acousticbandit
HeroOfVirtue
Emusic
onbackstreetsinbackseats
gtalbott
StitchesOnTheRadio
QuizzlyBear
CapedAvenger
03aarm
40 Miler
rumham
ral
covsc1922
Mikael
redheadchick
_rebekka_
Klown
bringiton
The Poet Jonah
joshyboytyler
Camus
TGAforLIFE
steph
nico0493
Christophe
I Came To Dance
mingus
eremitapa
Stalls_Standing
Gaslight23
Rizz
NeverTrustAJunkie
AngryJohnnyN1930
TGAFAN25
eagles1139
Mipi
Bea
Fiddler
Holland
luckyman
ThisMachineKillsFascists
dm1234
theBasemen
Daire
backseat99
Labhras
Álvaro
Down by the Mersey
luckysparks
plugga
Ghost
jzancan
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
Jerseyrain
DeathoftheCool
Matilda Noir
Philo
IrishNameAndAnInjury
brucesboots
Harbortown
riversedge
JimmyB
RobertODonnell
chickenman
Shrewsbury_Stars
Grant Michael
LuceroDiehard
chrissylovesbruce
Jay
Jack
MKULTRA
kieran
Ryan
Johnny99
e7c
simo
sarahjay
AmandaC.
steady now steady now
Scarlett
thecosmickid
drifter69
Angry Johnny
stephendgaf
Shipyards
Jukebox Romeo
ambrose
JoshRaymond
PatientFabiWheel
Forum Owner
121 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:38 am

Ghost wrote:
Wait, so Bruce never has support bands?? I've got my Manchester tickets sorted now and they state doors open at 5pm! But assuming Bruce won't be on til 9 as is normally the case, what will be on in between??

Ive seen Bruce twice in Manchester in stadiums and he never has a support act. Doors at about 5 and Bruce will likely take to the stage at about 8.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:48 am

Jerseyrain wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Wait, so Bruce never has support bands?? I've got my Manchester tickets sorted now and they state doors open at 5pm! But assuming Bruce won't be on til 9 as is normally the case, what will be on in between??

Ive seen Bruce twice in Manchester in stadiums and he never has a support act. Doors at about 5 and Bruce will likely take to the stage at about 8.

Interesting. Thanks for the info Smile
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:27 am

From what I've generally picked up, Bruce doesn't bring support bands out with him, it's just The Boss for 3 1/2 hours. Which is no bad thing at all.

As for the 5pm doors opening, don't forget, they have to get 60,000 people in, and with I say a 7/7.30pm start, that seems about right for a stadium show.

I still have to get my tickets for Dublin, must get that sorted Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 12:27 pm

He doesn't bring support bands and it is a bit less than 3 ½ hours. Stage time is usually between 8:20-8:30. Generally 2:45-3 hours with no breaks, not even an encore break. He'll call the entire band to the front of the stage for a bow at the end of the main set, but then they pick up their instruments and go right into the encore. I saw his show in Detroit on this tour and it was the best I've seen from him or anybody, for that matter.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:16 am

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/2012/estadio-olimpico-seville-spain-5bdfa350.html

less than a mooooonth cheers
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:30 am

Gonna see him next week in Cologne! Smile

And indeed, Bruce never brings support bands. He needs all evening for his own show! Wink
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:35 am

wat are the chances of him playing I'm goin down in milan? Sad
Back to top Go down
The Poet Jonah
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Poet Jonah

Location : Chattanooga, the cousin nobody invites to the family reunion

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rget1LCS-r8&feature=related

seriously, wow!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:54 pm

I'm off to Barcelona for Thursday's (and maybe Friday's) show.

Should be great though strangely I'm not looking forward to it as much as I did the last two tours.
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:56 pm

I saw Bruce in 2000 in Minneapolis and got comped second row tickets. One of the best shows I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 6:24 pm

springsteen's crap. he just rips off TGA.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 6:24 pm

and he stole those lyrics from high lonesome
Back to top Go down
Mikael
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 8:40 am

Tom Morello has been added to the Hard Rock Calling Line up. We should get some nice duo! Looking forward for a TGOTJ they'll play together.
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 1:49 pm

The Poet Jonah wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rget1LCS-r8&feature=related

seriously, wow!

Damn, thats freaking awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 3:56 pm

I saw Bruce in Cologne yesterday and as always it was amazing!!! I must admit that music wise Bruce isnt one of my favorites but his concerts are definitely some of the best I have seen. 3 hours and 15 minutes with not one real break. I think that is very impressive. The power and energy this man has is unbelievable. Especially together with the E Street Band, it was one big party! And it is so great to see how much contact he always makes with the audience. Also the E Street Bands newest member, Jake Clemons, was great! He definitely is a very good replacement for Clarence and I'm sure Clarence would be very proud.

I was there with my dad and cause he is such an old man (:-S actually he isnt!lol) he wanted to get seats. It was ok but I must admit that it once again showed me that I definitely prefer standing. I just cant sit at concerts! And the people aroudn us first got up during the second half of the show...
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:12 pm

According to BTX.com....Bruce called the parents of a pyschologist killed in a shooting in Pittsburgh, after someone posted on BTX that the mother was having a hard time dealing with the loss. Bruce is one helluva man for that. Got big and famous, yet never "went hollywood", and stayed a kind and genuine person who cares about others.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:16 pm

JimmyB wrote:
According to BTX.com....Bruce called the parents of a pyschologist killed in a shooting in Pittsburgh, after someone posted on BTX that the mother was having a hard time dealing with the loss. Bruce is one helluva man for that. Got big and famous, yet never "went hollywood", and stayed a kind and genuine person who cares about others.

Wow, that is really touching. Bruce is one of the most real and genuine people out there, and I like him more and more as the years go on. More people should be caring and compassionate like Bruce.
Back to top Go down
luckyman
A Contender
A Contender
luckyman

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:26 pm

markbarlow wrote:

Should be great though strangely I'm not looking forward to it as much as I did the last two tours.

How was Barcelona gig did you enjoy it more then you thought?

Got tickets for 3 Bruce shows but like you not as excited as much i have been on previous tours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:36 pm

luckyman wrote:
markbarlow wrote:

How was Barcelona gig did you enjoy it more then you thought?

Got tickets for 3 Bruce shows but like you not as excited as much i have been on previous tours.
I only went to the first night and yes I enjoyed it a lot. Had a nightmare getting in though - I was with a mate who wasn't bothered about being near the front so we spent the day in the city and turned up at around 2000h. We were still queuing to get in when the show started at 2145h! Missed the first half of Badlands but it was strangely cool to walk in and see the entire stadium bouncing to it.

We definitely chose the right night. Seeing Prove It... with THAT intro made it all worthwhile. More generally it was a great show, I'd put it in my top 5. My mate reckoned it was the best he'd seen. Helps that the crowd are so into it over there (unlike UK) but Bruce was on fire - seemed like he had something to prove. Excellent set too with Murder Inc, The River, Thunder Road and Born in the USA (which looks to have become a bit of a regular).

I liked the new material live - Shackled and Drawn and We Are Alive worked really well.

Which shows are you going to? Once you get through the door and he takes to the stage, you'll be right back into it. I'm really looking forward to the next one now (Sunderland for me).
Back to top Go down
luckyman
A Contender
A Contender
luckyman

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:23 pm

Going to Manchester (taking my daughter to her first Bruce gig) then going to both shows in Paris with my mate.

Booked off work for Sunderland not got a ticket,but can't decide if i can be bothered driving up on my own then straight back after the show.

Really want to get a ticket for Hyde Park I'm a big fan of Tom Morello's Nightwatchmen stuff and would love to see him and Bruce do The Ghost of Tom Joad.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:59 pm

I was thinking about Paris but was put off by the ticket prices.

Tickets for Hyde Park are looking hard to come by. I managed to get one for my bro the other day off BTX so maybe check on there if you want to go. The lineup looks great with Tom Morello (his latest album is fantastic) and John Fogerty. Reckon we might get a couple of memorabe duets that night.

I'll also be at Manchester - I just hope the crowd is better than the last couple of times he's played there.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:45 am

Springsteen slams 'greedy' bankers during concert
By Reuters
Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 120530-ent-springsteen-hmed.380;380;7;70
Peter Wafzig / Getty Images

Bruce Springsteen performs on stage at the Rheinenergiestadion on May 27 in Cologne, Germany.

BERLIN -- Rocker Bruce Springsteen touched on a nerve of widespread discontent with the financiers and bankers at a Berlin concert on Wednesday, railing against them as "greedy thieves" and "robber barons."

Springsteen, a singer-songwriter dubbed "The Boss" who has long championed populist causes, played to a sold-out crowd at Berlin's Olympic Stadium, singing from his album "Wrecking Ball" and speaking about tough economic times that have put people out of work worldwide and led to debt crises in Greece and other countries.

"In America, a lot of people have lost their jobs," said Springsteen, 62, who performed for three hours to some 58,000 fans in the packed stadium that hosted the 1936 Olympics and the 2006 World Cup final.

"But also in Europe and in Berlin, times are tough," he added, speaking in fluent German. "This song is for all those who are struggling." He then introduced "Jack of All Trades", a withering attack on bankers that includes the lyrics: "The banker man grows fat, working man grows thin."

Europe has been especially hard hit since 2008's financial meltdown that sparked an enduring sovereign debt crisis. Unemployment on the continent has risen to levels not seen since the 1990s.

Springsteen's "Wrecking Ball" tour began on May 13 in Spain, which is struggling with its crushing debt load, and it runs for 2-1/2 months with 33 stops in 15 countries before concluding on July 31 in Helsinki.

Berlin, largely a working class city, has been a special place for Springsteen since his July 1988 concert behind the old Iron Curtain in East Berlin.

Watched by 160,000 people, or about 1 percent of then Communist East Germany's population, it was the biggest rock show in East German history, and The Boss boldly spoke out against the "barriers" keeping East Germans in their portion of the city.

Some historians have said the concert fed into a movement gaining moment at the time that contributed to the tearing down of the Berlin Wall 16 months later in November 1989.

"Once in a while you play a place, a show that ends up staying inside of you, living with you for the rest of your life," he told the crowd on Wednesday after being handed a poster from a fan thanking him for the 1988 concert. "East Berlin in 1988 was certainly one of them."
More:

http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/30/11972974-springsteen-slams-greedy-bankers-during-concert
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:48 am

God damn, journalists and their misleading headlines.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 9:00 am

Harbortown wrote:
God damn, journalists and their misleading headlines.

Wait--the Mainstream Media is ALWAYS right and MSNBC has Maddow so it must be correct
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:25 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsjkqHT0O-o&feature=youtu.be

this is awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen
Page 20 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next