DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury

Go down 
+27
I Came To Dance
Frenzal
steady now steady now
obxsully
talley
e7c
Palmer89
Dan_Dog
tigrr13
lynchyeatspizza
tomttt
ktp
ksupilot
Shallow
saint
Stalls_Standing
Prisoner
Refused
Stevearm
kieran
losethetragic
Vibes
Snap
Daire
ral
Jukebox Romeo
Holland
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Empty
PostSubject: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 1:53 pm

Bruce has joined TGA onstage at Glastonbury , i haven't seen it yet but its going to be on bbc soon.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 1:55 pm

nice
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 3:23 pm

looks like bruce joined them for '59 sound. here are some pictures http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4137235-glastonbury-in-photos--bruce-springsteen-with-gaslight-anthem
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 5:42 pm

Just saw it there. You can see Brian is absolutely chuffed to have him on stage and Bruce totally rocked it. He didn't know all the words, but he got most of them.

The songs they showed on tv ran as:
High Lonsom
Casanova, Baby!
Old White Lincoln
59 Sound (w/Bruce)
Film Noir
Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts
Great Expectations
Backseats

I think they played more but it msut've been cut. It's on a bit of a loop on BBCi so I'll try and tape it later.
Back to top Go down
Snap
A Contender
A Contender
Snap

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 6:13 pm

They've put up the video here, but i've got a feeling you can't see it unless you're in the UK
http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2009/artists/gaslightanthem/
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 6:18 pm

Yeah, UK only I think. I certainly can't watch it here.

Here's some great pics from the Beeb though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2009/artists/gaslightanthem/photos/
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 6:21 pm

Damnit! I wanna see it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 6:36 pm

Here's them playing The '59 Sound http://bit.ly/d9i8U
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 6:38 pm

that's so sweet. really big sound too. couldn't really hear Bruce though
Back to top Go down
losethetragic
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 7:03 pm

Absolutely fantastic, this has made my day completely.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tomgd
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 7:44 pm

Oh fuck yes cant wait for tomorrow now!
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 7:57 pm

I came...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
Refused
A Contender
A Contender
Refused

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

I think this has finally made it hit home just how massive these guys are getting! No longer my little secret anymore, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://acriddissonance.wordpress.com
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:08 pm

Oh my god. Can't wait to hear a full video and Bruce singing.

It's weird seeing Brian play a Les Paul and Bruce a Les Paul Junior
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:11 pm

I'm happy to see how big they're getting, and I'm happy to say that I've liked them before the whole (almost) world knows who they are
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Also fuck these UK only stuff I wanna see it
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:17 pm

lmao i agree, I wanna see the entire thing, theres a youtube video for The '59 Sound with Springsteen in it
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:20 pm

Stevearm wrote:
lmao i agree, I wanna see the entire thing, theres a youtube video for The '59 Sound with Springsteen in it

Yeah but it's only one half of the song!

Man, almost exactly a year ago I say Gaslight in a venue with the maximum of 150 people
Now they are playing with Springsteen. Fucking sick
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:44 pm

For all you non-UK heads I just got the set recorded. But you gotta bare with me, it's gonna be tomorro night (Sunday+night for me GMT) at the earliest before I get it up.

Also the visual quality isn't 100% because of the convuluted way our DVD recorder is set up, but it's perfectable watchable unless you're a pernickity b*stard or a Hi-Def Nazi. Sound quality should be fine.

I don't have any software on my computer for cutting it up into segments and it's 25+ mins long so I don't think YouTubing it is possible on my end. I'll zip it and up it for download. Hopefully someone will cut it all up, upload it to YT, tag it with Michael Jackson, and watch the new fans roll in.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:45 pm

Daire wrote:
For all you non-UK heads I just got the set recorded. But you gotta bare with me, it's gonna be tomorro night (Sunday+night for me GMT) at the earliest before I get it up.

Also the visual quality isn't 100% because of the convuluted way our DVD recorder is set up, but it's perfectable watchable unless you're a pernickity b*stard or a Hi-Def Nazi. Sound quality should be fine.

I don't have any software on my computer for cutting it up into segments and it's 25+ mins long so I don't think YouTubing it is possible on my end. I'll zip it and up it for download. Hopefully someone will cut it all up, upload it to YT, tag it with Michael Jackson, and watch the new fans roll in.

Thanks man, can't wait for it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 10:28 pm

Woah, I'm pretty drunk but that was amazing! So good seeing Bruce and Brian in one microphone
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Daire wrote:

Sweet! I cant wait!
Also I have software n stuff to cut it up with so I might be able to do it, time forbidding
Back to top Go down
saint
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 4:02 am

sweeeet! great performance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 6:43 am

Refused wrote:
I think this has finally made it hit home just how massive these guys are getting! No longer my little secret anymore, haha.

There's a lot of people watching them there!

Also, this is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:39 am

Great set also from TGA , Bruce kept singing "old gospel song" haha. BBC actually covered it on the main programme as well which possibly wouldn't have happened if Bruce didn't appear. What was going on with that roadie guy who was on the stage through the whole of Old White Lincoln.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next