DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruce Springsteen

Go down 
+119
shiftynj
brunswick18
NotLikeWeBleed
bt211
Johnny 99
The Angry Johnny Revue
reitzel6570
kappanera
The_River
Debonair
Anya_TGA
TheMagnificentDreamer
Jaws
moosicmaniac
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Thunder Peel
BossTime
songs like a comfort
f1schu111
oh_megan
moconnell23
BuddyHolly
Raoul_Duke
DiamondSinatra
NYYFAN523
bringiton_ty
Definitely_Josef
Shorestyle69
acousticbandit
HeroOfVirtue
Emusic
onbackstreetsinbackseats
gtalbott
StitchesOnTheRadio
QuizzlyBear
CapedAvenger
03aarm
40 Miler
rumham
ral
covsc1922
Mikael
redheadchick
_rebekka_
Klown
bringiton
The Poet Jonah
joshyboytyler
Camus
TGAforLIFE
steph
nico0493
Christophe
I Came To Dance
mingus
eremitapa
Stalls_Standing
Gaslight23
Rizz
NeverTrustAJunkie
AngryJohnnyN1930
TGAFAN25
eagles1139
Mipi
Bea
Fiddler
Holland
luckyman
ThisMachineKillsFascists
dm1234
theBasemen
Daire
backseat99
Labhras
Álvaro
Down by the Mersey
luckysparks
plugga
Ghost
markbarlow
jzancan
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
Jerseyrain
DeathoftheCool
Matilda Noir
Philo
IrishNameAndAnInjury
brucesboots
Harbortown
riversedge
JimmyB
RobertODonnell
chickenman
Shrewsbury_Stars
Grant Michael
LuceroDiehard
chrissylovesbruce
Jay
Jack
MKULTRA
kieran
Ryan
Johnny99
e7c
simo
sarahjay
AmandaC.
steady now steady now
Scarlett
thecosmickid
drifter69
Angry Johnny
stephendgaf
Shipyards
Jukebox Romeo
ambrose
JoshRaymond
PatientFabiWheel
Forum Owner
123 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 4:14 am

Any fans here? The new album references him quite a bit - I am not a huge fan but there are definately songs of his that I love, I love his acoustic stuff like Tom Joad, other than that not really.

Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
PatientFabiWheel
A Contender
A Contender
PatientFabiWheel

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 5:24 am

I like his stuff....great records: Born in the USA, The River, Darkness on the edge of town, Nebraska.
Back to top Go down
PatientFabiWheel
A Contender
A Contender
PatientFabiWheel

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 5:39 am

Whoooo....and Born to run of course!
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:45 pm

Yeah - not such a huge fan but agree that he is talented. I listen to his Bob Seeger sessions quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 4:25 pm

never really heard much but one song i heard once was called devil in the woods or something like that and it was fucking amazing
Back to top Go down
ambrose
A Contender
A Contender

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:26 am

i just downloaded his Greatest Hits and i definitely get the constant comparisons between The Boss and TGA.

I'm loving every song on here so far (Born to Run, Thunder Road, The River, Hungry Heart).
Back to top Go down
obxsully

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:27 am

Springsteen is my obsession. He is how I got into TGA. TGA gets a lot of love from Springsteen and his fans. Backstreets.com is Springsteen's main fan site and I am a member over there. I recommended The 59' Sound over there and tons of Boss fans had already heard it and loved it. You guys should all check out Springsteen, he is the biggest influence in TGA's music and he has some amazing songs. Go further than just the greatest hits. If you more into the punk scene I would recommend the album "The River" and Born to Run.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 3:47 am

Sweet, maybe someday all of the Springsteen fanatics can come together with the Gaslight fanatics and we can have a kegger party. With TGA and Springsteen playing.
Back to top Go down
PatientFabiWheel
A Contender
A Contender
PatientFabiWheel

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:33 am

Hahahahaha....sounds good!
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 2:17 pm

just got his "Live 75-85" CD, and it has the acoustic version of "No Surrender", which is amazing
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:05 pm

i just downloaded most of his records and i really do enjoy them.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:48 pm

Born to Run and Born In the U.S.A. are the only full albums I love. I don't even like all of the songs on his Greatest Hits. But Better Days, Spirits in the Night, Lost in the Flood, Streets of Philadelphia, The River, Atlantic City, Devils and Dust, and Radio Nowhere are really good as well.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 3:42 pm

the phone just rang, and the caller ID said "Asbury Park NJ". i missed it, and there was no message

Bruce?
Back to top Go down
Shipyards
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Shipyards

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 3:56 pm

Think I've grown into Springsteen, I didn't really get it for a while but with age he started to make sense. I guess his words didn't speak to the angry young man of my teens (or so I thought?) and I totally misunderstood him- perhaps seeing him as a cartoon musican of the 1980's. But he's grown to be one of my favourite artists, always bringing more. The 'Magic' shows I saw earlier this year were thrilling. Saying all that I'm still not sure about the Seeger Sessions; the two live shows I saw around that album were often hardwork but for a couple of solo acoustic songs which were spellbinding and made all the effort worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 5:23 pm

Anyone heard any of the new songs from "Working on a dream" They're pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 5:27 pm

i heard the single. i like it

it seems like with his 3 most recent albums, there are a few incredible songs, then a bunch that aren't too good. i think he should just take his time and release one amazing album every 5-6 years
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 2:44 pm

Here's Brian looking like The Boss:
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1060/74/68/501180646/n501180646_5078978_1973.jpg
Back to top Go down
Angry Johnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Angry Johnny

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: BOSS   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:40 pm

for anyone who is trying to get into bruce, check out his earlier stuff. anything from the 70's is great. most people think Born in the USA when they think of the boss, but to me, it's his worst stuff. Darkness on the Edge of Town is my favorite, but Asbury Park, Born to Run and Nebreska are great as well. If you're into Gaslight and not gotten in Boss yet, i would recomend starting with Darkness on the Edge of Town.
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:22 am

love the boss,earlier stuff is my favourite but like all his stuff really.the river is one of my favourite albums of all time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 3:54 pm

As some of you might have understood from my name I'm a huge Springsteen fan. I was born the same day he played in my town ;D
His music has a special place in my heart and it will always keep that spot, he's just the best.

It's a little sad that the media has made such a big thing about tga and the Boss, take Bruce for what it is and Gaslight for what that is. Both are great and that's that!

"It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win!"
Back to top Go down
Scarlett
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Scarlett

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:13 am

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
the phone just rang, and the caller ID said "Asbury Park NJ". i missed it, and there was no message

Bruce?

LOL that made me laugh:D

Greetings From Asbury Park, NJ is one of my favourite Bruce albums anyway Bruce Springsteen Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:20 am

Scarlett wrote:
Jukebox Romeo wrote:

Bruce?

Greetings From Asbury Park, NJ is one of my favourite Bruce albums anyway Bruce Springsteen Icon_bounce

that made me think of Bruce's answerphone message, apparently authentic; listen here:

http://www.teresi.us/resources/audio/misc/Bruce_answering_machine.mp3
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Scarlett
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Scarlett

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:43 am

steady now steady now wrote:
Scarlett wrote:
Jukebox Romeo wrote:

Bruce?

that made me think of Bruce's answerphone message, apparently authentic; listen here:

[url=http://www.teresi.us/resources/audio/misc/Bruce_answering_machine.mp3
http://www.teresi.us/resources/audio/misc/Bruce_answering_machine.mp3[/quote[/url]]

haha I would get a heartattack if someone started to sing like that when I'd call XD
But I guess it's a whole lot better than my mumble "imnothere" Razz
Back to top Go down
AmandaC.
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AmandaC.

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 8:27 pm

I know I'm new but, I would like to say I'm a HUGE fan of Bruce Springsteen. I think it's cool that the album references him so much, and I think he really appreciates it.
Back to top Go down
AmandaC.
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AmandaC.

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 8:45 pm

I have definately grown up with Bruce Springsteen and have come to realize this man has got to be my biggest hero next to God and Elvis. I love everything of his I've ever heard, and to tell you the truth, I'm obsessed with his music. It's so amazing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen
Page 1 of 39Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next