DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruce Springsteen

Go down 
+118
shiftynj
brunswick18
NotLikeWeBleed
bt211
Johnny 99
The Angry Johnny Revue
reitzel6570
kappanera
The_River
Debonair
Anya_TGA
TheMagnificentDreamer
Jaws
moosicmaniac
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Thunder Peel
BossTime
songs like a comfort
f1schu111
oh_megan
moconnell23
BuddyHolly
Raoul_Duke
DiamondSinatra
NYYFAN523
bringiton_ty
Definitely_Josef
Shorestyle69
acousticbandit
HeroOfVirtue
Emusic
onbackstreetsinbackseats
gtalbott
StitchesOnTheRadio
QuizzlyBear
CapedAvenger
03aarm
40 Miler
rumham
ral
covsc1922
Mikael
redheadchick
_rebekka_
Klown
bringiton
The Poet Jonah
joshyboytyler
Camus
TGAforLIFE
steph
nico0493
Christophe
I Came To Dance
mingus
eremitapa
Stalls_Standing
Gaslight23
Rizz
NeverTrustAJunkie
AngryJohnnyN1930
TGAFAN25
eagles1139
Mipi
Bea
Fiddler
Holland
luckyman
ThisMachineKillsFascists
dm1234
theBasemen
Daire
backseat99
Labhras
Álvaro
Down by the Mersey
luckysparks
plugga
Ghost
jzancan
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
Jerseyrain
DeathoftheCool
Matilda Noir
Philo
IrishNameAndAnInjury
brucesboots
Harbortown
riversedge
JimmyB
RobertODonnell
chickenman
Shrewsbury_Stars
Grant Michael
LuceroDiehard
chrissylovesbruce
Jay
Jack
MKULTRA
kieran
Ryan
Johnny99
e7c
simo
sarahjay
AmandaC.
steady now steady now
Scarlett
thecosmickid
drifter69
Angry Johnny
stephendgaf
Shipyards
Jukebox Romeo
ambrose
JoshRaymond
PatientFabiWheel
Forum Owner
122 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:16 pm

The Animals are so rad. I just kinda realized last year how much I like them. Then Gaslight covered them and I was like "I knew I loved this band for a reason." Glad they're being exposed to younger generations through them.

Vh-1 used to have a show called "My Generation" where they'd have Peter Noone (Herman's Hermits) host a half hour of retro videos. I learned a lot from that show. I wish they aired it now.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:43 pm

I really enjoyed listening to the speech very inspiring and a fascinating insight into the mind of a musical genius.
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 7:46 pm

Bit of a shameless plug but I've done a review of Wrecking Ball on my blog http://rain-dog-blog.blogspot.co.uk/ - what do people think? Also do u reckon TGA will be alongside the Boss at Hard Rock Calling this year? I don't reckon they will but who knows
Back to top Go down
The Poet Jonah
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Poet Jonah

Location : Chattanooga, the cousin nobody invites to the family reunion

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:02 pm

I'm afraid to buy his new album. I LOVE all of his stuff;
the river, born to run, greetings, darkness, and tunnel of love, all being my favorites
but his new stuff has been dry for me,
magic was alright and working on a dream was not better but still okay.
His music is getting harder for me to listen to.
What's your opinion of the new album compared to magic or his earlier more poetic lyrics?
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:53 pm

The Poet Jonah wrote:
the river, born to run, greetings, darkness, and tunnel of love, all being my favorites
What's your opinion of the new album compared to magic or his earlier more poetic lyrics?

100% agree , his still the boss live lo
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:31 am

Everytime I cover I'm On Fire and get to the "sheets soaking wet part" I start singing "it's a pretty good song" instead of "and a freight train running through the middle of my head." damn you gaslight!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 4:55 am

The Poet Jonah wrote:

Of his last couple albums, I genuinely like this one. As a frame of reference, I'm not that into the song "The Rising" but I love "We Take Care Of Our Own" because it has a bite to it lyrically that I really needed at the moment with the way things are now. Have you watched his stuff on Fallon he did recently? So good.
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 7:24 pm

E Street shuffle on Fallon made my jaw drop. I hope to get lucky and see Morello at one of these upcoming shows. I am digging most of the stuff on the new album. I think "You've Got It" and "Jack Of All Trades" is really good.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:25 am

If anyone is going to see Bruce, he starts way after his listed start time. He did that when I last saw him a few years ago and on this tour he started later in NJ and Atlanta. Just FYI! My ticket said 7:30 but he went on at about 8:25 or so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:45 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
If anyone is going to see Bruce, he starts way after his listed start time. He did that when I last saw him a few years ago and on this tour he started later in NJ and Atlanta. Just FYI! My ticket said 7:30 but he went on at about 8:25 or so.

sounds like a diva...next thing you know...he is going to start pulling an Axl Rose.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:54 am

I think I've mentioned how he handed out fliers asking people to STFU during his acoustic tour. Of course now that I'm into acoustic shows, I want everyone to hand out fliers!

I think we're the only ones up right now! haha

Tonight I was grateful he started late. But when I saw him on that Devils and Dust tour we got there on time according to the ticket, and I actually fell asleep waiting for him to start. I woke up when the lights went down and the crowd roared. I was like Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction when Travolta jammed the needle into her chest.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:57 am

I think handing out fliers is reasonable. If you're going to an acoustic show you ideally want to be able to hear it.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 4:01 am

I laugh at it now because it makes me think "Wow he doesn't even like it when people say 'Bruuuuuce' at his shows either."

http://life-from-the-front-row.blogspot.com/2006/11/07-20-05-springsteen.html
That was my review where I wrote out what the info said in an e-mail, but I think the flier said something about being quiet. Plus he actually told people to be quiet! ha
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:53 pm

Hey, here's a crappy cell phone pic I took during Born To Run.
Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Photo010
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:28 pm

Triple post:

http://www.examiner.com/concert-in-new-york/concert-review-bruce-springsteen-and-the-e-street-band-play-nj

My review (plus link to the set). No photo pass. They only had like 2 or 3 people shooting so approval was pretty limited.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:25 am

New Bruce dates for Fall

August 18 – Boston, MA – Gillette Stadium (on sale 4.28 – ticketmaster.com)
August 24 – Toronto, ON , Canada– Rogers Centre (on sale 4.20 – ticketmaster.com)
August 26 – Moncton, NB, Canada – Magnetic Hill (on sale 4.21 – tickets.moncton.ca)
August 29 – Vernon, NY – Vernon Downs Raceway (on sale 4.28 – ticketmaster.com)
September 2 – Philadelphia, PA – Citizens Bank Park (on sale 4.21 – comcasttix.com)
September 7 – Chicago, IL – Wrigley Field (on sale 4.21 – tickets.com)
September 14 – Washington, DC – Nationals Park (on sale 4.27 – tickets.com)
September 19 – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium (on sale 4.20 – ticketmaster.com)
September 21 – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium (on sale 4.20 – ticketmaster.com)
September 22 – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium (on sale 4.20 – ticketmaster.com)
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Apologies if this has been discussed on here before, but does anyone think maybe TGA will support him on his UK dates? I think they'd be a great fit for a main support on arena shows but who knows.
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:02 pm

bringiton wrote:
Apologies if this has been discussed on here before, but does anyone think maybe TGA will support him on his UK dates? I think they'd be a great fit for a main support on arena shows but who knows.
I don't think Bruce has had a supporting act on his tours since the early seventies. It will just be him and the E Street Band.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Bruce has NEVER had a backing band for The E street Band. He Might have been a backing band during child/steel Mill/Dr Zoom and the Sonic boom. I swear I read somewhere he said "I don't have backing bands because there are jerks in the audience that will just keep shouting Bruce" or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 4:53 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Bruce has NEVER had a backing band for The E street Band. He Might have been a backing band during child/steel Mill/Dr Zoom and the Sonic boom. I swear I read somewhere he said "I don't have backing bands because there are jerks in the audience that will just keep shouting Bruce" or something like that.
That's not true. He had several opening bands for ESB shows in 1973. He also opened for a variety of different bands that year.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 5:29 pm

Well I guess I was thinking of Born To Run E Street Band. You know with, Steven Van Zandt, Roy Bittan, and Max Weinberg
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Regardless, we can all agree that Gaslight will not be opening for Bruce in any capacity.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:28 pm

Pascrell Reintroduces BOSS Act | Pollstar -

TRENTON — U.S. Rep. Bill Pascrell said today he will re-introduce legislation that would toughen regulations on concert ticket brokers and make it a crime to use sophisticated computer programs to jam web-based box offices.

Pascrell (D-8th Dist), who is running for re-election in a realigned district, discussed the legislation — what he calls "The BOSS ACT - 2012 Tour" — outside the Prudential Center in Newark, where Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band performed last night.

"This is a multi-billion dollar business filled with corruption, kickbacks and backroom deals and the little guy doesn’t stand a chance," Pascrell said.

http://goo.gl/mMkodBruce Springsteen - Page 19 10934188-large
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 1:38 pm

I'm selling 1 GA ticket for each of Bruce's Italian shows (Milan, Florence and Trieste) if anybody's interested?
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 7:24 am

Wait, so Bruce never has support bands?? I've got my Manchester tickets sorted now and they state doors open at 5pm! But assuming Bruce won't be on til 9 as is normally the case, what will be on in between??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen
Page 19 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next