DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

romance issues

Go down 
+35
TGAFAN25
HorribleCrowe
Kosburn59
Keeb631
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Daire
Camus
waltzingseñora
DeathoftheCool
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Perry
Christophe
StopAndSlideToTheRight
JukeboxJuliet
Álvaro
theBasemen
Hirti
steph
Jay
NeverTrustAJunkie
Holland
I am Incinerator
mingus
steady now steady now
plugga
El Jefe
Philo
Labhras
Debonair
loazis
MKULTRA
Shrewsbury_Stars
acousticbandit
Harbortown
JimmyB
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

romance issues - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:18 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Quote :
personally, i would not want to sleep with someone my friend had slept with.

And that too! Not to mention super amounts of jealousy if things worked out with the person when they didn't work out with me. Plus the guys I don't talk to anymore were kinda jackass-y so I'd also question the friend's sanity as to why they'd think they would enjoy their company in the first place knowing they were a jerk to me.

yep, yep...it would just be weird any time your friend tried to talk about their relationship with you, and you're like, uhh...i know, i dated him first.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:20 pm

Well they wouldn't be able to talk to me about it because we wouldn't be friends anymore.

Oh yeah. I'm that cold. Smile
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:22 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Well they wouldn't be able to talk to me about it because we wouldn't be friends anymore.

Oh yeah. I'm that cold. Smile

haha. totally understandable :high five emoticon:
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:33 pm

The reason why, I like her, and Am starting to run out of Single girls my age that I have any attraction to. Excuse me for not wanting a girl who thinks she is "Ghetto,Hood, and phat". I personally want a girl who is normal, good looking, great personality, and smart, yeah I know, impossible to find. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:35 pm

JimmyB wrote:
The reason why, I like her, and Am starting to run out of Single girls my age that I have any attraction to. Excuse me for not wanting a girl who thinks she is "Ghetto,Hood, and phat". I personally want a girl who is normal, good looking, great personality, and smart, yeah I know, impossible to find. Rolling Eyes

that doesn't answer the question...how long did they date for, were they serious? also, no girl wants to be asked out simply because you've run out of girls who are not "ghetto, hood, and phat"...do people still really say "phat"?!
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:40 pm

i think we're being a little hard on jimmy here. it's not impossible for it to be ok to go out with someone your mate went out with. it depends on the situation and given jimmy's girl troubles i shoul hope his pal would be big about it. a definite no is reading too much into the facebook thing. just cus someone's online does not mean they've gotta respond right away. as a matter of fact i would pay almost zero attention to how other ppl follow facebook ettiquette cus it always leads trouble. a good rule to follow is to not try to contact them for 2 days after the date. then give them a how do you do and ask them if they want to see you again.

jimmy i really hope that after she didn't respond to you you didn't post again saying "why aren't you answering me?" or something of that nature?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:40 pm

steph wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

that doesn't answer the question...how long did they date for, were they serious? also, no girl wants to be asked out simply because you've run out of girls who are not "ghetto, hood, and phat"...do people still really say "phat"?!
Yes, They still say phat, along with thick...They were dating about 3 or 4 months...I guess they were slightly serious...
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:42 pm

Labhras wrote:

jimmy i really hope that after she didn't respond to you you didn't post again saying "why aren't you answering me?" or something of that nature?
No. I just messaged her, saying if she would want to go out for some coffee again sometime.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:42 pm

Jimmy, you're just looking the wrong places if you're only finding girls who talk like that. There are so many nice, respectable, smart girls out there for you
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:47 pm

Labhras wrote:
i think we're being a little hard on jimmy here. it's not impossible for it to be ok to go out with someone your mate went out with. it depends on the situation and given jimmy's girl troubles i shoul hope his pal would be big about it. a definite no is reading too much into the facebook thing. just cus someone's online does not mean they've gotta respond right away. as a matter of fact i would pay almost zero attention to how other ppl follow facebook ettiquette cus it always leads trouble. a good rule to follow is to not try to contact them for 2 days after the date. then give them a how do you do and ask them if they want to see you again.

i don't mean to be hard on jimmy, although he is such a Debbie Downer sometimes it seems like it might help to be a bit hard? but that's why i was inquiring about how serious the friend's relationship with the girl was, if it wasn't long and the friend doesn't care, then i guess, go for it!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:48 pm

JimmyB wrote:
steph wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

Yes, They still say phat, along with thick...They were dating about 3 or 4 months...I guess they were slightly serious...

that's awesome, you must live in the backwoods, the boonies, hah.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:54 pm

steph wrote:
Labhras wrote:

i don't mean to be hard on jimmy, although he is such a Debbie Downer sometimes it seems like it might help to be a bit hard? but that's why i was inquiring about how serious the friend's relationship with the girl was, if it wasn't long and the friend doesn't care, then i guess, go for it!
oh yeah i'm all for the tough love! i just thought that the idea that is indisputably wrong for him to go out with someone is mate had a liason with that was being proliferated wasn't completly right.

on an unrelated note; was that the right use of the word "proliferate"? confused
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:56 pm

Labhras wrote:
steph wrote:
Labhras wrote:

oh yeah i'm all for the tough love! i just thought that the idea that is indisputably wrong for him to go out with someone is mate had a liason with that was being proliferated wasn't completly right.

on an unrelated note; was that the right use of the word "proliferate"? confused

i'm gonna go with yes, :high five emoticon that doesn't exist to congratulate you for using a big boy word!:

well, i don't think it's automatically wrong to go out with someone your friend has dated, we were just wondering if it was something serious and whether his friend would mind. but like me and nevertrustajunkie were talking about, i think that may be more of an issue with girls.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:04 pm

steph wrote:
Labhras wrote:
steph wrote:
Labhras wrote:

i'm gonna go with yes, :high five emoticon that doesn't exist to congratulate you for using a big boy word!:

well, i don't think it's automatically wrong to go out with someone your friend has dated, we were just wondering if it was something serious and whether his friend would mind. but like me and nevertrustajunkie were talking about, i think that may be more of an issue with girls.
:PROUD FACE: huzzah! that's good cus i mucked it up earlier today. i think i said prolate Sad

yeah possibly. i guess it just depends on the ppl involved. oh and jimmy that's good you just left it at the one comment, though i'd be partial to sending a txt myself. anywho i hear the girls are getting you a brazzer so don't worry bout it Wink
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:34 pm

Yeah- to be clear, asking an ex of mine out would not fly in my world. In someone else's it might be fine.

I still feel there is more to the story with the girls you've run through already. Much like the "I can't lose weight" statement, where we then find out you're eating a whole pizza once a week and having soda every day. This particular date sounds like a miscommunication- either she didn't think it was a date or you didn't make it clear it was a date.

Also I might suggest you be direct instead of dancing around the issue and being vague about a future date. Just say "Hey. Would you like to go out this Friday?" Otherwise "let me know if you want to go out sometime" is too open ended and doesn't warrant an immediate response. You kinda gotta say what you want even if it's scary.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:49 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Don't be a dick, don't date your friend's ex.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:52 pm

Harbortown wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

oh, that made me laugh out loud. nice and concise!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:58 pm

steph wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

oh, that made me laugh out loud. nice and concise!
Cool!

I'm just a bit cross that he paints himself in the color of a victim and then he goes for something totally uncool. I realize he's lovestruck and whatnot but that's never a good reason to break the brocode.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:02 pm

Let's look at this objectively.

1. It's your best friend's ex-girlfriend.

2. You didn't suggest an actual date in this latest FB message.

3. When you felt you were being ignored, you asked her ex what was up instead of asking her.

4. The ex-bf told you she wasn't going to date anyone til after college even though she just dated him a few months ago.

What conclusions can be drawn from this. Hm.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:04 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I'm just a bit cross that he paints himself in the color of a victim and then he...

finish with "asks his best friend's recent ex-gf out" or "eats like crap all week", etc.

JimmyB.... What are we going to do with you! geek
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:05 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Let's look at this objectively.

1. It's your best friend's ex-girlfriend.

2. You didn't suggest an actual date in this latest FB message.

3. When you felt you were being ignored, you asked her ex what was up instead of asking her.

4. The ex-bf told you she wasn't going to date anyone til after college even though she just dated him a few months ago.

What conclusions can be drawn from this. Hm.

that JimmyB is unlovable and cannot and will not ever find someone that is not ghetto or phat and should resign himself to posting about it here.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:38 pm

in all seriousness, I think therapy is in order. There's way too many layers to JimmyB's rampant self-hatred to go through and dissect. Even the kings & queens of the Spam thread don't have that kind of time.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:53 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
in all seriousness, I think therapy is in order. There's way too many layers to JimmyB's rampant self-hatred to go through and dissect. Even the kings & queens of the Spam thread don't have that kind of time.

harsh! silent although not unreasonable or uncalled for...
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:02 pm

Aww- it's definitely not meant to be an insult. Cognative Therapy would be perfect. It is paying someone to listen to you and help you figure out why you behave this way and helps you change those behaviors so you'll be happier in life (as opposed to the type of therapist where you just complain and then go home). They focus on the present rather than the past. So it's like, focused on the here & now rather than analyzing your childhood.

The thing is I am realizing that we're not getting the full stories from JimmyB and none of us has the time to think of ways to pull out all the bits we're not being told in order to help JimmyB understand why situations don't work out. I doubt he has the time to post case by case instances and all their details either.

Almost everyone I know has gone to therapy at some point. There are just some things friends & family can't help you figure out!

I also just noticed your sig. Is this a movement? lol

Last edited by NeverTrustAJunkie on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:03 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Aww- it's definitely not meant to be an insult. Cognative Therapy would be perfect. It is paying someone to listen to you and help you figure out why you behave this way and helps you change those behaviors so you'll be happier in life (as opposed to a therapist where you just go and bitch and come home only to make the same mistakes over and over).

The thing is I am realizing that we're not getting the full stories from JimmyB and none of us has the time to think of ways to pull out all the bits we're not being told in order to help JimmyB understand why situations don't work out. I doubt he has the time to post case by case instances and all their details either.

I also just noticed your sig. Is this a movement? lol

haha, no i totally get where you are coming from. i went to a therapist when i was really, really depressed, so i have nothing bad to say about that!

and uh, that was just something to make me laugh! Razz it can be a movement if you want!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

romance issues
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next