DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

romance issues

Go down 
+35
TGAFAN25
HorribleCrowe
Kosburn59
Keeb631
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Daire
Camus
waltzingseñora
DeathoftheCool
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Perry
Christophe
StopAndSlideToTheRight
JukeboxJuliet
Álvaro
theBasemen
Hirti
steph
Jay
NeverTrustAJunkie
Holland
I am Incinerator
mingus
steady now steady now
plugga
El Jefe
Philo
Labhras
Debonair
loazis
MKULTRA
Shrewsbury_Stars
acousticbandit
Harbortown
JimmyB
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

romance issues - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:36 am

Yeah, moving to Colorado has never been in my plans and it doesn't look like it ever will be. I'm just trying to ignore whatever feelings I have/had left for him and hope something better comes along.

Also, I'm about two and a half hours north of you at the coast, lol.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:39 am

Well good luck with that. It's a tough feat!

Hah, well, if you ever find yourself down the American riviera give me a call.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:47 am

Thanks. Man, it sure is.

Hah, will do!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Long distance stuff is the worst, especially if you're trying to get to know each other when you live far apart. Unless you love drama, jealousy, crying, anger and are a total masochist, I would stay away from it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 4:29 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Long distance stuff is the worst, especially if you're trying to get to know each other when you live far apart. Unless you love drama, jealousy, crying, anger and are a total masochist, I would stay away from it. Sad

I'll second this. Long-distance is horrible Sad
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Camus wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

Thirding.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 4:37 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Camus wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

Thirding.

Long distance is weird, my brother and sister and law had a long distance relationship for a few years before they moved to the same state. The only reason though I believe it ended up working though was because they basically traveled every weekend to see each other. One weekend she would come stay here and the next he'd go to stay by her.

But for the most part yeah, they do not work, unless you put crazy effort
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 4:43 pm

I think the chances of that type of thing working out are one in a million. Crazy effort is right! Plus you go through that phase of "I'm driving more than you are" and "Why didn't you text me back right away" resentment and blah.

Funny we all know the pain. I guess with the internet it's more common these days.

Let that be a lesson JimmyB! If she lives further than you can drive every weekend, just leave it at "She's hot and cool but she lives far away. Next."

And- if feelings are not mutual DEFINITELY forget about it. Unless you like thinking thoughts like "Who the F#$% is that girl/guy in his/her Facebook photo?" and "What did that girl/guy mean by THAT wall comment?" or on the flip side have to explain to the person that likes you that it's just your cousin in the pic, etc. Yeah, you'll definitely Facebook stalk/be Facebook stalked and just become someone you hate.

BOO TO LONG DISTANCE!!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 4:49 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I think the chances of that type of thing working out are one in a million. Crazy effort is right! Plus you go through that phase of "I'm driving more than you are" and "Why didn't you text me back right away" resentment and blah.

That's the worst part.

You can be the most perfect match ever, but the constant distance makes you argue about petty things that you would otherwise not give a fuck about. It's tragic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:00 pm

Harbortown wrote:
You can be the most perfect match ever, but the constant distance makes you argue about petty things that you would otherwise not give a fuck about. It's tragic.

Been there, done that. Never, ever again. That shit sucks so much.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:03 pm

redskynight wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

I'm with you 100% on that one.

It's so heartbreaking and pointless and awful. It's fine if you're older and you have the possibility to move in together but if you're younger and stuck at college or don't have a job or whatever, it's just hopeless.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:03 pm

redskynight wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Never say never, life has a weird way like that
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:14 pm

Debonair wrote:
redskynight wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Never say never, life has a weird way like that
Yes, but have you ever personally been in a LDR?

I'm not saying one heartache is worse than the other, but LDRs are just horrifying. Having to physically part ways with your lover and not know when you get to see them again is emotional torture, plain and simple. And that's just one aspect.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:17 pm

Yeah I've been in rough relationships before, but never an LDR. But I can understand what you mean.
But even still, life has a way of putting you places you never dreamed of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:23 pm

Harbortown wrote:
redskynight wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

I'm with you 100% on that one.

It's so heartbreaking and pointless and awful. It's fine if you're older and you have the possibility to move in together but if you're younger and stuck at college or don't have a job or whatever, it's just hopeless.

It really is.

The thing I had with this guy before was so ridiculous: I met him through a friend, but since he was working in Arizona and I was going to school in California, we never had a chance to meet in person. We just had stuff like Skype. We got to know each other and everything, but he was off having his own real relationship stuff and I was busy with school and I was also pretty jealous. Then he was single again and we got closer and an actual thing could've happened, but it didn't because of distance and the fact he stopped talking to me randomly.

That was enough to put me off long distance relationships and internet dating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:25 pm

Debonair wrote:
Yeah I've been in rough relationships before, but never an LDR. But I can understand what you mean.
But even still, life has a way of putting you places you never dreamed of.
This is true.

I mean, maybe when I'm older, I'll be fine with long distance relationships. But while I'm still young? No, thanks.

But I guess I'll just see where life takes me.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:37 pm

The worst is when you're getting to know each other via long distance, because you tend to fill in the blanks about who they are. Then when you're actually around each other it can be a different story.

I've had that experience too where they suddenly stop talking to you so much. And it was because they met another girl who lives in their town :\

F LDRs!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:44 pm

Ughhh, basically. And I figured he had met another girl who was right there while I was in California -- of course he wouldn't tell me about that. He never did until after the fact. Neutral
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 8:13 pm

I think a lot of the time it's just about attention- you're so psyched to find someone attractive that is paying attention to you (and they're psyched you like them too), that you forget about reality and where it's all really going. It's like playing with fire basically.
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 8:23 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

And- if feelings are not mutual DEFINITELY forget about it. Unless you like thinking thoughts like "Who the F#$% is that girl/guy in his/her Facebook photo?" and "What did that girl/guy mean by THAT wall comment?" or on the flip side have to explain to the person that likes you that it's just your cousin in the pic, etc. Yeah, you'll definitely Facebook stalk/be Facebook stalked and just become someone you hate.

BOO TO LONG DISTANCE!!

But you don't really have to be in a long distance relationship to become like this, I guess. Jealousy is a véry ugly characteristic that, unfortunately, most people have somewhere inside them (myself very much included).

No real connection with long distance though, it's nice when you live in a country where everyone is not more than an hour drive away Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 8:28 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I think a lot of the time it's just about attention- you're so psyched to find someone attractive that is paying attention to you (and they're psyched you like them too), that you forget about reality and where it's all really going. It's like playing with fire basically.

Yeah, absolutely. I've looked back on it a lot and I've come to the realization that I was a naive 18-year-old who had never gotten attention from anyone in a romantic way before, so I got so caught up in it. It wasn't healthy at all. And while I'm glad to have gotten out of that, I feel like a lot of my trust issues have stemmed from that.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Oh for sure. LDRs will scar you for life.

Agreed mingus, it's not like you won't have these problems in person. It's just that LDR increases your odds of it happening. Also, LDRs can drag it all out whereas if it's in-person you can figure out something shady's going on a lot quicker.

Just say no to LDRs!

haha "LDR" sounds like a disease.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:13 pm

I totally wondered for a moment what is a ldr Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:17 pm

I agree -- LDRs can drag things on for a while where as IRL can just be handled quickly like ripping a band-aid off.

I just hope this guy doesn't try to contact me when he moves to California for work. (Cause he and I talked about that and it's basically a definite thing he's going to work in CA for a while.)
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:30 pm

Well you have the option of not answering or slowly phasing him out Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

romance issues
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next