DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favourite TGA song and why?

Go down 
+54
Jerseyrain
luckysparks
eagles1139
Harbortown
Fiddler
DeathoftheCool
mingus
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Little Eden
simo
Jay
JerseyDevil
ann_mac913
jennylenore
borrowedcar
kieran
Jeff
stayhungry
clashcityrocker
e7c
dizzyblondecharlie
Jack
a Dirty Angel
Izzy Eviel
RobertODonnell
WoodyJoe
RunawaySmile
isthisreal
ViktorDelarm
KittyKat
massie1903
noble_man
Palmer89
saint
Vibes
Stevearm
mescalero
koolmcr
steph
MCStevepants
moosicmaniac
kcdc
Prisoner
Reinvent good times
LBAZ
Forum Owner
MissTiffers
Stalls_Standing
Tiffiny
andy.mac
ktp
Snap
Jukebox Romeo
steady now steady now
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
KittyKat

Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:39 pm

Today's was Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis!
Back to top Go down
isthisreal
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 1:07 pm

Say I Won't (Recognize) is probably my current favourite, especially the performance at the Area4 concert. I must watch that performance at least ocne a week.
Back to top Go down
massie1903
A Contender
A Contender
massie1903

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:30 pm

Mine have changed again...

Senor, Blue Jeans, 1930, I'da Called You Woody, Joe...

Will probably change again tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
RunawaySmile
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RunawaySmile

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:23 am

I find myself loving all the songs so it's hard to pick, but my favourite songs always tend to be the ones that I can relate to or really mean something to me. And I have to say for TGA, my two are Great Expectations and The Backseat especially. It just reminds me of being young, free and all the memories of good travels that I've been on with my best friends. Hopefully more to come I love you
Back to top Go down
WoodyJoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WoodyJoe

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:37 am

God, changes all the time.

But Drive is always high on the list. It just describes my times with my friends and going out to parties and hanging out all night. And also the line "we're much to young of men, to carry such heavy heads."
That one always gets me because sometimes I feel like I'm carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders.
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:52 am

I'm sure like everyone, the songs I listen to with the greatest frequency change from day to day, but We Came to Dance is my oldest and strongest favorite. Say I Won't is very close, though.
Back to top Go down
Izzy Eviel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:24 pm

My top five would be

1) Great Expectations
2) Navesink Banks
3) Blue Jeans & White T-shirts
4) Film Noir
5) Angry Johnny & The Radio
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Izzyeviel
WoodyJoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WoodyJoe

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:00 am

Great Expectations is my current one I'm stuck on.
Back to top Go down
a Dirty Angel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:46 am

I got to say that i have a huge love fot "the backseats" and Wooderson"
the backseats is such a beautiful song, it is a song that just grows so much on you
"if you never let me go, i'll never let you down"
and wooderson just perfextly describes wanting to leave your hometown but wanting to stay with your hometown sweetheart
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:11 pm

1930, '59 Sound, and Here's Looking at You, Kid. I'll become infatuated with various songs for stints of time, but if I had to pick three that really hit me every time it's those three.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
dizzyblondecharlie
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
dizzyblondecharlie

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 7:29 am

It has to be Here's Looking At You, Kid or Navesink Banks. Although I love the meaning and emotion behind The '59 Sound.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 7:57 am

dizzyblondecharlie wrote:
It has to be Here's Looking At You, Kid or Navesink Banks. Although I love the meaning and emotion behind The '59 Sound.

dizzyblondecharlie, welcome to the board

I am glad this thread has been revised, as we have had a lot of people sign up since I first posted the question.

As for myself, 'We Came to Dance' remains my number 1 for the reasosn I gave initially, and my top 5 have remained as well. I wonder what impact the new songs will have though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:17 am

wow, I can't believe it, I thought for sure I had posted in here, but I guess not!

So, I think all of you that know me, know that I am going to pick 1930 as my favorite song. There are so many reasons why that is my favorite song:

Obviously the song just has a great sound to it and fits in very well with the style of punk that I have loved for over 15 years now. 1930 was the first song that really hooked me by TGA and when I first saw them live (at this dungeon of a place in Wiemar Germany on their first european tour) I went up to Brian to tell him how much the song meant to me (I thought it was about a soldier dying and as he is dying he is thinking about his family). Brian thanked me for thinking so much about the song, but then told me what it was really about. Then about a year later on another tour in Wurzburg about six songs into the set Brian says "we are going to do something special tonight, we have a good friend of ours in the audience, Scott come on up, you're singing" needless to say, that was awesome! and then last week at The Black Cat, Brian actually talked about that first meeting in Wiemar and how much it meant to him and the band!

I would write more, but I have to go to work now... so, to be continued!
Back to top Go down
clashcityrocker
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
clashcityrocker

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:06 pm

For me it has to be a tie between "I Coulda Been a Contender" and "The Backseat"

"Contender" was the very first song I ever heard from TGA. I remember it was late one night and Scott and Jason from Alt Press played it on their podcast called The AP Show. Little did I know that that band would change my life. I love everything about that song, especially after the second verse when he says " and i'd sing them blues to you".

I love "The Backseat" so much because it hit me as soon as I heard it that "The '59 Sound" was my new favorite record! Every member of the band are on fire on that song. When it gets to the part where it's just Alex's bass and Brian says "It meant nothing to me" and then the build up starts with him singing " You know the summer always brought in that wild and reckless breeze" that always blows me away! You don't know happiness until you listen to that song driving with the windows down on a summer night.
Back to top Go down
stayhungry
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:16 pm

boomboxes. easy. ("if you're scared of the future tonight, we'll just take it each hour one at a time") so relatable and it's helped me get through so many hard times.

close seconds are old white lincoln and blue jeans.
Back to top Go down
stayhungry
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:18 pm

Reinvent good times wrote:
I agree, Cowgirls was the only song off of 59 Sound that I didn't warm up to initially...now, however, it's grown on me as a good change of pace type song, so I don't mind it.

same with me. at first it was the only gaslight song (including both albums and the ep) that i didn't like. but once i heard it live, i learned to love it and now it's one of my favorites! haha
Back to top Go down
clashcityrocker
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
clashcityrocker

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:24 pm

stayhungry wrote:
Reinvent good times wrote:
I agree, Cowgirls was the only song off of 59 Sound that I didn't warm up to initially...now, however, it's grown on me as a good change of pace type song, so I don't mind it.

same with me. at first it was the only gaslight song (including both albums and the ep) that i didn't like. but once i heard it live, i learned to love it and now it's one of my favorites! haha

I actually loved Cowgirls when I first got the album because it was the B-side to the 59 single.
Back to top Go down
stayhungry
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:30 pm

nice. yeah i'm glad that most people like it. it's a really good song. and it actually inspired me to go back and listen to tom petty more too, which is another reason i love it haha
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:49 pm

I didn't say this in my first post, but Casanova, Baby! has the uncanny ability to pull me out of any dark place I happen to be in. For that, it's likely my favorite song. Not just by TGA, but in general.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Jeff
A Contender
A Contender
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:52 pm

Meet Me By the River's Edge. The first one I've heard and still brilliant every time I hear it.

And that "no retreats, no regret" is just something that should seriously just be something everybody should live by.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:08 am

Jlblue wrote:
Meet Me By the River's Edge. The first one I've heard and still brilliant every time I hear it.

And that "no retreats, no regret" is just something that should seriously just be something everybody should live by.

Agree so much so im incorporating that lyric into a tattoo im getting done once I have some money.

My fave song though has to Wherefore Art Thou Elvis. I picked up the EP while in Canberra Australia before a massive coach journey to Melbourne and this song had a certain resonance with me at that point in time. All the songs did but this one stands out for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:43 pm

don't know if i already posted here, but i'm too lazy to look up all the past posts...

i can't decide which sos-song i like best, but my most favourite on the '59 sound definitely is
"Meet me by the river's edge"

it's the song i can relate to the most, because that's exactly the way i felt like being a teenager and i still do sometimes now.
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:36 pm

Sos- We're Getting a Divorce, You Keep the Diner/ Contender
SatQ- Wherefore Art Thou Elvis/ Blue Jeans
59S- Backseats/ River's Edge
Back to top Go down
jennylenore
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:42 am

My favorite song of theirs changes every few months. Right now, I'd have to say Blue Jeans & White Tshirts. It's just so pretty and I love the female voice in it.
Back to top Go down
stayhungry
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:08 pm

jennylenore wrote:
My favorite song of theirs changes every few months. Right now, I'd have to say Blue Jeans & White Tshirts. It's just so pretty and I love the female voice in it.

speaking of that, who is the female voice ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favourite TGA song and why?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next