DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favourite TGA song and why?

Go down 
+54
Jerseyrain
luckysparks
eagles1139
Harbortown
Fiddler
DeathoftheCool
mingus
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Little Eden
simo
Jay
JerseyDevil
ann_mac913
jennylenore
borrowedcar
kieran
Jeff
stayhungry
clashcityrocker
e7c
dizzyblondecharlie
Jack
a Dirty Angel
Izzy Eviel
RobertODonnell
WoodyJoe
RunawaySmile
isthisreal
ViktorDelarm
KittyKat
massie1903
noble_man
Palmer89
saint
Vibes
Stevearm
mescalero
koolmcr
steph
MCStevepants
moosicmaniac
kcdc
Prisoner
Reinvent good times
LBAZ
Forum Owner
MissTiffers
Stalls_Standing
Tiffiny
andy.mac
ktp
Snap
Jukebox Romeo
steady now steady now
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:49 am

My favorite changes constantly, but if I had to choose one right now, it would be The Backseat.

RIght now though I'm also very much into Wherefore... and I'da Called...
Back to top Go down
SteveLik

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:20 pm

Great Expectations. The lyrics are masterful really hit me, and the music is perfect.

Runners up: Here's Lookin At You, Kid, Senor and the Queen, Blue Jeans.
Back to top Go down
MCStevepants
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MCStevepants

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:23 pm

^
woops, that was me
Back to top Go down
MCStevepants
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MCStevepants

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:36 pm

Here's Lookin At You actually I've decided is the lyrical winner of them all...the storytelling is just phenomenal. It deserves an award.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:10 pm

MCStevepants wrote:
Here's Lookin At You actually I've decided is the lyrical winner of them all...the storytelling is just phenomenal. It deserves an award.

i think im gonna have to agree with you...
Back to top Go down
koolmcr
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
koolmcr

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:27 pm

Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis defiantly. I love 1930 and Boomboxes and Dictionaries dearly too Smile
Back to top Go down
mescalero
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mescalero

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 12:51 am

"High Lonesome" is definitely my favorite song, at least right now. It just sounds so sincere when Brian says "I always kinda sorta wish I was someone else". Something I can totally relate to, not in a depressing way, but in a way where you recognize your shortcomings and wish that you could be a better person.

Also, "Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts" just really moves me, especially the live version from "Live At Park Ave."

I saw tGA for the first time last month at Antone's in Austin, TX, and the last song they played before the encore was "The Backseat", which gave me goosebumps, even though previously I wasn't really into that song. Brian changed the lyrics to "Rode a fever out of Austin (instead of Boston), Dreamed of California Nights". Man, that was an awesome show.
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 2:06 am

My god I just checked my Play Count on itunes, every single TGA song is 104+ (mostly played is Casanova, Baby! and thats at 183)
I'd agree with Casanova, Baby! as being my favorite, the chorus is absolutely awesome.
The line "Forget this dead mans town" completely relates to me, I live in a very dead town, nothing happens here, no bands play here, no one likes to go outside and just hang out. I'm the kinda guy that likes to go outside just for the sake of going outside, I don't need a reason, I can go outside and just sit at the little bridge on Pacific and 'R' and chill with a couple friends, but most of my friends around here HAVE to have something to do or they wont leave there house and it irks the crap outta me. Thought I'd share that just so you can see why this song relates to me haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 2:29 am

From Sink or Swim, Angry Johnny live is an amazing song especially the interlude with soul songs and then the party afterwards. We Came To Dance and Woody Joe are also great live songs and absolute favorites of mine.

I miss when they played Divorce, I got to see it once live and that was a lot of fun. It was at the Lanes so that song means a little more to me.

From Señor and the Queen my two favorites are Elvis and Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts. I love the chorus to Elvis. Every line in Blue Jeans means something to me. It means even more when I'm out west at school, gives me a little piece of the East Coast.

From The '59 Sound, Casanova, Baby, Great Expectations are amazing right off the CD, but live I love Meet Me By The River's Edge and Backseats. Whenever I sing the song now I sing "We rode the fever out of Boston, dreamed of Colorado nights," since I go to school in Colorado and almost did in Boston. I kinda wanna get No Retreat, No Regrets tattooed on me somewhere. That'd be cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:25 am

clashrock11 wrote:

I saw tGA for the first time last month at Antone's in Austin, TX, and the last song they played before the encore was "The Backseat", which gave me goosebumps, even though previously I wasn't really into that song. Brian changed the lyrics to "Rode a fever out of Austin (instead of Boston), Dreamed of California Nights". Man, that was an awesome show.

isn't austin the original lyric?
Back to top Go down
mescalero
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mescalero

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:46 am

You're right Steph, Austin is the original lyric. The website I was looking at must've had it wrong. I guess I just figured "Boston" since they're from the east coast... I dunno.

That's cool, I guess. I feel like a horses patoot.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:51 am

haha...the only reason i said that is i thought i remembered specifically looking at the lyrics, because i thought it said "boston," and realized i was wrong...it sounds like he says boston...and sometimes i still sing it that way, just cause thats the way i sung it for so long, haha.
Back to top Go down
mescalero
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mescalero

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:57 am

yeah, austin... boston...

articulation has no place in rock 'n roll.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 5:00 am

the way you toss proper english aside in the name of rock and roll! now wonder they think its the devils music!
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 11:38 am

Just thought i'd chime in and say my favourite song is still Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis
Back to top Go down
saint
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:41 am

Here's Lookin At You & Casanova, Baby! (at least for the moment, keeps changing)
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:21 pm

Stevearm wrote:
My god I just checked my Play Count on itunes, every single TGA song is 104+ (mostly played is Casanova, Baby! and thats at 183)
shit dude. i don't think a single song is over 40 or 45 out of all the songs on my ipod
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 2:58 pm

there have been no replies to this thread for a while, but a lot of new people have signed up since

so, newbies, what's your favourite TGA song and why?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:12 pm

I'm being unfair b/c I posted a fave not too long ago...but my current one, because it ALWAYS changes is....I coulda been a contender.. Love the Steady Now, Steady Now.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:50 pm

God knows how many times i've played each song, must be reaching record level amounts, well well over 100+ times each song, since May last year i've hardly listened to anyone else bar the odd fling.

Faveourite song, I have no idea, live without a doubt is Say I Don't or great expectations.

Blue Jeans, Great Expectation and Patient Ferris wheel album wise.
Back to top Go down
noble_man
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:01 pm

my fav songs of each LP

sink or swim - ida call you woody joe

59 sound - currently miles davies ( but that changes every time i listen to the whole record !)
Back to top Go down
massie1903
A Contender
A Contender
massie1903

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:17 pm

59 Sound, Great Expectations, Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts and Old White Lincoln.

But love every song by them, just the ones mentioned are my favourites. Absolute tunes!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 4:01 pm

From Sink or Swim: 1930

From The '59 Sound: High Lonesome
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:26 pm

Hmm...I think we could all add a different one each day depending how we feel!Sometimes a slow one...sometimes a heavy one. Today's was Drive....sang it really loudly on my cycle home from work! Last week's was Senor and the Queen. Old White Lincoln will always be special as it's the first song I heard by TGA.
Back to top Go down
ViktorDelarm
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:17 pm

Great expectations!

these 2 words mean a lot,ive got them tattooed on my chest!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/delarm138
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite TGA song and why?   Your favourite TGA song and why? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favourite TGA song and why?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next