DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight taking a hiatus

Go down 
+47
shredderrrrrr
ncl1968
pleasepassthesoup
Shrewsbury_Stars
TooMuchGaslight
bringiton
SashaV
njguy99
enola
DeathoftheCool
Coma Girl
biggs
cowgirlwiththeblues
Ashburtongeorge
riversedge
Harbortown
Thunder Peel
Fail
Debonair
mingus
aaydmc2
HighLonesome
bootime
flannel
SirBrad
turnitin2004
rumham
JimmyB
cdala
Jerseyrain
Holland
miked331
CapedAvenger
steady now steady now
eagles1139
Anya_TGA
rem999
brianpd
cmigs
mja271
jonnyz83
The_River
Jaws
Steve70s
Rose1991
bt211
StitchesOnTheRadio
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 5:22 pm

It's a pause not a stop, guys. Pause not stop.
I'm excited to hear Brian's solo work and everybody branching out while stepping away from the band. And they'll be able to come back stronger than ever with their creative batteries recharged.
Really, I see no downside
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 5:54 pm

miked331 wrote:
https://twitter.com/dannydeldonuts/status/626582053958602752

Phew

this tweet was a kinda relief for me..even that I knew that it is just a break and not forever. I have seen the announcement just before I went to bed...which kinda ruined my sleep but anyway I cant wait for their other projects...
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 7:07 pm

I don't think they have a fixed plan or timeline in mind - perhaps that's exactly what they are trying to escape? Many bands took breaks and in this time pursued different (musical and non musical) interests and then came back refreshed and inspired to make a brilliant album.

So, no reason to panic ;-)
Doesn't mean I won't miss them of course!

Last edited by enola on Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 4:54 am

I find it ironic that the announcement happened the same day many of us got our 45 club shipment.

That said it makes complete sense. Touring is tough, especially when you have a lot of personal things going on in your lives. New children, new spouses/partners, etc.

Sometimes you just need a break.

Who knows, maybe after 3 months they'll be bored and want to start again? We can always hope.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 1:45 pm

Really pleased i took a punt to get tickets for the Shepherd's Bush gig now rather than waiting for them to come closer to home (which obviously isn't coming for quite some time now).

It'll be interesting to see what that gig will be like, it being their last full one before they take some time off.
Back to top Go down
brianpd
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 11:59 pm

I kinda had a feeling that this was happen based on that interview from a few months ago. It's been a great first chapter for the band. Hopefully the hiatus does not last for two long. I can't see it being more than two years. However I was at Newport Folk Festival and the two new songs that Brian played were awesome. So if that's what his record is like then I'm pumped! It is sad that TGA is going on hiatus but hopefully we get a great BF record and then in a few years a great renergized Gaslight Record.
Back to top Go down
http://secretofthesound.com
SashaV
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SashaV

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 4:14 pm

I hadn't been on here in a while, so I didn't see this thread, and before the band announced it, I kind of sensed this was coming. In the past two years the guys have been consistently touring or playing shows along with their side projects and personal lives. It seems like it's been a lot for them themselves and the break is definitely needed to recharge the Gaslight batteries.

I heard in interviews from other, older bands that stepping away from their music for a little bit gives them a new appreciation and excitement for it when they finally do go back to it. So maybe that will happen for the band with Get Hurt when they come back from their hiatus because it is a really good album. I just think reviews from fans and critics alone they took a hard blow with it and that might have soured it a little for them.

Not having a Gaslight tour or album for a little while is a bit of a heartache, but I am excited to see what they do individually. Especially a Brian Fallon solo album because he really has to be one of the greatest writers. A tour and/or album for their 10th anniversary after having a break would be awesome and good timing.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 6:52 pm

I'm definitely sure that Brian will release a solo album or a M&TZ album! because those new songs he played at Newport must be put on a record Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 9:44 pm

aaydmc2 wrote:
Were you at the Hunting Village Tavern with your boyfriend before the show?? I think me and my cousin spent a good amount of time talking to you two. My cousin had the red hair, and I'm Mike the one with the black hair. It was nice meeting you guys, hope you enjoyed the show as much as we did and hopefully the rest of your NY stay was good!

Ahhh yes, that was us!! It was fantastic meeting and talking with you guys before the show! I am so happy we stopped in to the Tavern. Me and my boyfriend were literally JUST talking about how kind and welcoming everyone was -- seriously, you east coast Gaslight fans are amazing! We had an incredible time in NY. We definitely can't wait to make another trip out there Smile
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 5:43 am

Kinda surprised this place is so quiet while the band is going on a hiatus for quite some time. Though this place would rumble a little more.
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 11:38 am

It does feel like the end of something, an era or whatever, if not the band totally. I mean it feels so long ago I first heard them for the first time. I think I take them for granted a little bit, or forget how much they meant to me before I was a little disappointed with the previous two records and the whole meet and greet stuff. Those first three albums, and the Horrible Crowes one carried me through a lot. After the show at Reading I more had that cliched feeling, 'I'm not sad it's over over I'm happy it happened'. I've been out of sync with them for a little bit so I don't think I would've noticed too much had they gone. It's not even really a big deal unless they're gone for 4-5 years, which by the sounds of it they won't be. The usual gap between albums for most bands is 2-3 years. I mean Trouble Will Find Me by The National was out May 2013, looks like the next one will be out next summer. The twins have been doing a lot of side stuff, Matt has done this EL VY record. I wouldn't be surprised if Gaslight end up following a similar path. Besides, the prospects of a Fallon solo venture and tour are mouth watering anyway. It's cool. Just glad I managed to snag the last 'Stay hungry, stay free and do the best you can' shirt at the festival.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 1:28 pm

I personally feel this is the end of the band really. Everything you follow on social media, especially Instagram, gives the impression of finality. It's sad really but you can't deny they've had a great run and worked extremely hard. 2007-2011 will always be my favourite era and the last 2 albums haven't been my favourites yet the quality of work they have produced (including Elsie if you like) has been outstanding nonetheless. It's a shame when you think how great the band has been sounding this year and now it's all going to stop. That last set at Reading with Backseat as the closer was heavy!

I think Brian especially will always have a hardcore following but I really hope his talent or songs don't slip under the radar as he deserves a big audience for any future solo or alternative band work.

Either way, thank you Gaslight for the past 8 years - it's been incredible Cool
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 1:58 pm

I really don't think this is the end. Brian and Levine have both said (like actual words that have been processed through their brains and come out of their actual mouths) that they're not going to be gone that long. Would they lie to people to make us feel better? It's possible, but I don't think they would.

Take it easy, babies. It's not over yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 2:29 pm

Rose1991 wrote:

Exactly. This is what was professed at the end of Handwritten. Next came Get Hurt. See what happened there?! Wink
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 3:43 pm

My money is on tour dates in 2017 - they could do that without even recording any new songs. 2016 looks like being the year of Molly and the Horrible Fallon Zombies...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 5:22 pm

Mmm, but 2017 is literally only 17 months away! Even if they were to only play a greatest hits tour (and perhaps a best of album) why make an official announcement regarding a break only to then come back so soon?

Nah, to me the signs are Gaslight are done for at least 5-10 years or worst case they'll maybe not come back at all Sad

The way their official statement is worded and with the press calling it an 'indefinite hiatus', I can't help but fear the worst. I've seen it happen with too many bands. It's just a clever way of saying, 'we're breaking up', 'don't hold your breath'. I hope I'm wrong but I guess time will tell. I am looking forward to what Brian comes out with next though Smile
Back to top Go down
TooMuchGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TooMuchGaslight

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 5:46 pm

I don't know, I was just watching the Reading 2015 show, and Brian was constantly with a smile on his face.

I don't think they are done with Gaslight yet. They just need some inspiration for a new album, and they need some time to 'breathe' and do other projects.

For example, Brian stated once, after he wrote 45, he had inspiration for the whole Handwritten album.

They deserve a break from Gaslight to have some time for their own after 7 years of almost constantly recording and touring, and I'm sure they'll be back. Maybe in a year, maybe in 10 years, I don't care, I'll be there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 5:55 pm

Yeah I agree, Brian looked really happy during the Reading set but I thought Alex R looked quite sad Sad

Either way, yeah there's no doubt they deserve a rest and the chance to do something new - I can't think of many bands that have worked as hard as they have over the past 8 years, it's been incredible really as they've been constantly on the go - writing, recording and playing.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 6:58 pm

Rose1991 wrote:
I really don't think this is the end. Brian and Levine have both said (like actual words that have been processed through their brains and come out of their actual mouths) that they're not going to be gone that long. Would they lie to people to make us feel better? It's possible, but I don't think they would.

after reading all those comments which are making me sad...
I toally agree with you... I am pretty sure that they will come back...
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 7:23 pm

I was at Shepherd's Bush on Saturday. They all looked to be enjoying being on stage and performing. I'm no expert and wouldn't presume to second guess the band, but they didn't look like a band who knew they were playing their final full gig.

And if they knew that this was a permanent thing, why would they not announce as much? They gain nothing by not announcing it.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 4:49 am

I don't think these guys will stay away from each others for too long in a way or an other. None of them will stop making music. I'm exited for what is about to come in 2016.
Back to top Go down
Ashburtongeorge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Ashburtongeorge

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 7:17 am

Coming into this last week I had started to get into my head that this might be the end, but the way they looked so happy at Leeds/Reading has made me question that again. (Unless they were taking that as a "this is the last time so lets fully enjoy it" thing but I hope not!)

The changes in terms of Brian setting up his social media stuff again makes me think he's looking to promote some solo things in future rather than ending everything - as people have said if that was their plan why not just say?

In a similar vein Alex R must be wanting to try out some new stuff and let off some steam with his new metal project, so it kind of all makes sense that they take some time to explore other things before coming back
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 10:19 am

To all the people suggesting that you think the band may be over, I have this (serious) question for you:

Do you think the actual band members are (i) being dishonest or (ii) simply don't know their own intentions as well as you do?
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 12:50 pm

(iii) You people have no patience...
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 2:06 pm

There's really nothing to be gained by them telling everybody they're coming back if they have no plans of it. All that'll do is get people pestering them about when they're coming back. If they were breaking up, they'd just say it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight taking a hiatus
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next