DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight taking a hiatus

Go down 
+47
shredderrrrrr
ncl1968
pleasepassthesoup
Shrewsbury_Stars
TooMuchGaslight
bringiton
SashaV
njguy99
enola
DeathoftheCool
Coma Girl
biggs
cowgirlwiththeblues
Ashburtongeorge
riversedge
Harbortown
Thunder Peel
Fail
Debonair
mingus
aaydmc2
HighLonesome
bootime
flannel
SirBrad
turnitin2004
rumham
JimmyB
cdala
Jerseyrain
Holland
miked331
CapedAvenger
steady now steady now
eagles1139
Anya_TGA
rem999
brianpd
cmigs
mja271
jonnyz83
The_River
Jaws
Steve70s
Rose1991
bt211
StitchesOnTheRadio
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 11:31 am

Anya_TGA wrote:
alright thanks for the information... if he is doing something.. I hope he will also do a European tour Very Happy

I believe he intends to.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 7:08 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:
alright thanks for the information... if he is doing something.. I hope he will also do a European tour Very Happy

I believe he intends to.

that would be so amazing!!! I havent seen him (alone) live yet Smile
Back to top Go down
aaydmc2
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 10:18 pm

HighLonesome wrote:
I believe that this has been mentioned, but on Tuesday I went to the Huntington, NY show. I got a chance to briefly meet Brian afterwards and, of course with me wanting to indulge in more Gaslight shows, I asked if they would be coming over to the west coast anytime soon because I was out from California (I haven't been on the forum lately so I hadn't seen this update -- oops). He said no, that the band was gonna go home for a bit and take a break, but that he was gonna be out doing some stuff on his own.

Were you at the Hunting Village Tavern with your boyfriend before the show?? I think me and my cousin spent a good amount of time talking to you two. My cousin had the red hair, and I'm Mike the one with the black hair. It was nice meeting you guys, hope you enjoyed the show as much as we did and hopefully the rest of your NY stay was good!
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:22 pm

And so now it's official... They just posted this on Facebook

Quote :
THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM
3 min. ·

Hello all!
We wanted to let everyone know that we'll all be taking a break from The Gaslight Anthem after this next European tour in August. We're all going to do other projects and stay active in some way or another, both in and out of music, but we'd like to step away from the band until we decide what we'd like to do next.

We'd like to recharge and take a step back until we have something we feel excited about rather than going right back to making a record just for the sake of making the next record. We all feel this is the best decision we can make and it feels like the right one for us.

Thank you to everyone who came out and supported our band for the last eight years and we'll see you down the road!

With love and respect,
Brian, Benny, Alex and Alex.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Oh bo
Guess there's no need to renew my 45 membership

Last edited by miked331 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:41 pm

Note, they didn't say "Indefinite hiatus". So its not over.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:43 pm

maybe there will be a further Horrible Crowes album or a solo one by Brian Fallon...who knows... so my feelings are mixed....but I am pretty sad Crying or Very sad ...the waiting for a new TGA album will kill me
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:46 pm

At best it will be 2017 I say. I hope.

I agree there will be a Fallon project sooner than later.

That will help.

Just don't want to not hear these songs live again. Had so many great nights at these shows.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:47 pm

2017!!! :O OMG!!!! I wont survive it!!!!
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:49 pm

You would think for them to state this they will need at least a year before they hit a studio. They clearly need to separate, explore and than regroup.

Hopefully
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 8:13 pm

My guess 10th anniversary album/tour so yeah I'm thinking 2017 as well.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 9:35 pm

Honestly, I don't think they're restricting themselves to a specific timeline. Like if you're taking time off till you have a good idea, you don't know when that will be. I imagine that 2 years and maybe some writing for other projects will give them each something new to bring to the table and allow for new inspiration, but I don't think it's like "yes, new album 2017, tour from july through november" They probably need just enough space from it, to feel refreshed and like they have a new perspective.
Back to top Go down
Fail
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Fail

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 9:47 pm

I've seen bands say they are going on an unspecified break and then come back within 6 months (Foo Fighters being one of the prime examples of that). Sometimes it can be a few years and sometimes they never come back.

At the end of the day, the band have to do what is right for them. On a personal level, I'm glad I got a ticket for the London show now, which I ummed and ahhed over for a while. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 10:14 pm

My thoughts on this are still all over the place tonight.

They have given us hints for a few weeks but seeing the official announcement on FB tonight made my heart sink to the floor and below.

My practical self tells me that it is completely normal for any band to take a break after a record and tour and that it would be impossible for them to keep going like they have in the past if we want to see them for the next twenty years or more.  With most bands I like I am used to not seeing them for a couple of years after a tour.

My selfish self has been spoiled with my continuous Gaslight fix every few months and I will miss that. Even more so as the sets they have been playing this year have been the best ever.  It seems impossible they’d  stop now but on the other hand, perhaps knowing they’ll take a break after this tour has made this tour better for them.

And my grateful self says thanks guys for the music you have given us over the past eight years. I can’t imagine not having your songs in my life.

Going to Bridgeport on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 12:22 am

I'm not too panicked over this news only because they said they were taking a break and I see no evidence to believe that they won't eventually reconvene to make more music. In the meantime I hope we'll get another Horrible Crowes album or a Brian solo project. A lot of bands do this from time to time and I wouldn't worry about it. They deserve a rest and hopefully they'll come back in a few years ready to amaze us all over again.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 12:37 am

https://twitter.com/dannydeldonuts/status/626582053958602752

Phew
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 12:54 am

I don't feel much one way or the other about the announcement, because it pretty much mirrors exactly what they've been saying to the folks who've chatted with them after the shows recently and we knew it was coming. If anything, I'm happy they made a statement rather than just quietly petering out for awhile and leaving everybody wondering what was going on. Plus after what Shelby said Brian told her about it not being super long, I'm really not that worried. I mean, it is what it is. I'm bummed that it'll be awhile before I see them again or get any new music, but they need a rest, and we'll survive till they come back.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 1:07 am

Is it weird that i'm mildly excited for how excited I'll be when they come back? Don't take this the wrong way, I've never gotten bored of them but usually they come around again right as I'm about to be like "hmm, I think it's about time for another show". It'll kinda be nice to hit a point where I'm like "oh thank you Jesus it's about time!" I think it'll be great.

...She says only a week after her most recent show. 8-months-into-the-future-me will likely disagree.
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 2:23 am

I'm not too worried. Things with the group seem totally amicable, it's not like they're going to disappear for four years (I hope). They've been going at it for eight+ years straight, they've earned a breather.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 6:57 am

The prospect of not getting a new album from them for some time is kinda shitty, but at least now Brian can rest his voice so he doesn't sound so bad and strained live.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 8:07 am

Not posted on here in a long time guys so hi!

I honestly truly believe that a BF solo album will be better than anything we can ever imagine. As much as I love the dynamic, I think that Elsie proved to me and a lot of people that the major creative force behind Gaslight was Brian and the music he creates when he has the freedom by himself is mesmerizing. If a hiatus means a BF solo album, then I'm not upset in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
Ashburtongeorge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Ashburtongeorge

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 10:04 am

Although I’m obviously gutted that Gaslight are planning an extended break, I’m excited by the idea of side projects and for them to get a well earned rest.

It’s better to have them take this time now to relax and regain passion rather than release stuff they aren’t happy with and possibly break up for good.

(Also rather cheekily crossing fingers for a new Horrible Crowes album or a Local Summer tour in England or something similar because I’m a greedy bastard)

But yeah we knew it was coming and they aren’t speaking in terms of an actual break up yet, so hopefully there’s no reason to panic fully just because the statement has now been released

And luckily they've provided us with such brilliant material down the years that it'll definitely last the next few years! Enjoy the rest lads - you've earned it!
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 10:52 am

Eight years and five (and a half) good albums without a lineup change is good going by anyone's standards; they seem to work pretty hard and it must get wearing. At least they didn't get to the point of putting out awful records before realising they needed a break as some bands do (yes, I'm looking at you, Bon Jovi...).

I've seen a couple of bands on reunion tours after a break or breakup, and there's definitely a new fire and enthusiasm, so we've got that to look forward to in a couple of years.

And in the meantime, solo projects to be excited about, especially Brian's for me if the new songs are anything to go by. And of course tours will be back to smaller venues, which is always a plus.

Look on the bright side!
Back to top Go down
biggs
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
biggs

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 3:14 pm

pretty much agree with what others are saying ,better to have a break and recharge do other stuff and generally after a while if they miss each other give it another go and i would be gutted if they just quit and say thats it without saying goodbye with a tour ,so have a rest and not growing to hate each other is best
Back to top Go down
Coma Girl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Coma Girl

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 3:48 pm

I get it...but the heartbreak is real
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight taking a hiatus
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next