DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight taking a hiatus

Go down 
+47
shredderrrrrr
ncl1968
pleasepassthesoup
Shrewsbury_Stars
TooMuchGaslight
bringiton
SashaV
njguy99
enola
DeathoftheCool
Coma Girl
biggs
cowgirlwiththeblues
Ashburtongeorge
riversedge
Harbortown
Thunder Peel
Fail
Debonair
mingus
aaydmc2
HighLonesome
bootime
flannel
SirBrad
turnitin2004
rumham
JimmyB
cdala
Jerseyrain
Holland
miked331
CapedAvenger
steady now steady now
eagles1139
Anya_TGA
rem999
brianpd
cmigs
mja271
jonnyz83
The_River
Jaws
Steve70s
Rose1991
bt211
StitchesOnTheRadio
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 6:29 pm

Vader wrote:

Yeah, we maybe need a new thread for this now!

Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Facepalm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 6:36 pm

What's up Rose? I don't get it dude? Smile
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 4:04 pm

Vader wrote:
What's up Rose? I don't get it dude? Smile

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
ADMIN POST

Hey redheadchick, Barresi, cowgirlwiththeblues,Steve70s, and Anya_TGA, and now Vader

I hate to be that person but can you guys please edit this piece of information out of your posts or delete them (you know what info I'm talking about). Nothing has been announced and this was supposed to be kept on the "lowdown" or whatever so let's respect that please. If you (or anyone else) have any questions as to why, please feel free to PM me. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 8:31 pm

Erm.....ok......I'm honestly not being a jerk......but I still don't get it......have I missed something???
Why aren't we allowed to discuss and speculate about a potential Brian Fallon solo record? What's with all the secrecy, 'pm me for more info'? Wtf? Lol Get over yourself!

If Butch Walker has been dropping hints to some fans it's because he wants to generate a buzz.....er that's what artists do! If it was really 'on the lowdown', or top secret, or against the law, or not appropriate then he wouldn't have said anything to a bunch of random people at all. I mean, Brian's been alluding on Twitter all year about a solo album involving Cat Popper ( who in turn has links to Ryan Adams, thus Butch Walker). Brian and Butch performed on stage together. It's all about generating interest, hype and buzz - that's why they let us have little snippets in the meantime. Surely all you people on a music-based forum understand the fundamentals of the business? They want us speculating, discussing rumours etc. It keeps the artists current and in the public eye - why do you think Brian has been going hell for leather on ALL the social media sites? They'd be worried if nobody cared enough to share info and all the bits they've heard on the grapevine.

I'll tell you now, this site will die on it's arse (if it hasn't already) if you 'admins' don't get off your high horse and let the site be used for its true purpose - to discuss and share info about a rock band and it's members! Why are you 'admins' taking yourselves so damn serious? It's laughable! Are you on a power trip or something?! Who actually owns this forum? Maybe they should set the rules and then come out and state what kind of vibe they want - then it would be fair enough. Unfortunately, it seems to me like they've left a load of self righteous kids in charge. The general chat forums are doing ok on here but the Gaslight/Fallon discussion is extremely tedious.

This section of the forum would thrive if it was open to varied, exciting discussion and it should belong to ALL Gaslight/Fallon fans - not just a select group of sanctimonious 'admins'. There's some very patronizing individuals on here who seem to revel in adopting a very authoritative, holier-than-thou attitude. I'm surprised some of my fellow 'saints' have promptly deleted their interesting posts, thus leaving me out on a limb! I'm afraid I won't fall for it so do what you have to do! Wink

We all love the guys and so we should be able to discuss, dissect and SPECULATE about their music and potential future projects - it's not a top secret, classified government project that we mustn't talk about. It's not about life and death, it's not illegal or wrong to talk about what an artist has divulged to you. It's not immoral. What the hell is the problem? Lighten up ffs!!!! There's enough crap in this world, this should be fun and about escapism, we should be sharing our information about our favourite things - IT'S A ROCK BAND!!!!!

Anyway, I'm out guys.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 11:49 am

I've got to say I agree. That's sort of the point of having a forum about a band. It's not like somebody posted his home address or something. It's speculation that's fun and relevant to the concept of the forum.
Back to top Go down
aaydmc2
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 12:33 pm

I hate to say it but I also agree with Vader 100%.

It's obvious Brian is planning something solo, between the new social media presence and the solo shows with new songs. The holier than thou attitude perpetrated here is just not cool. I've seen it happen several times on this forum, but I keep coming back because its a great place to read other fans' opinion/reaction to anything Gaslight related. We should all be able to discuss the same thing. Saying something should be "on the dl" for something that clearly isn't just gives off the vibe that the powers that be like keeping people in the dark and want to have the conversations on their terms.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 1:01 pm

Thank you for the support guys! At least I know it's not just me getting these vibes around here!

I don't know if I'll be banned or if this will be deleted but here's the situation:

Any folk browsing this board will come on this thread and see a ton of deleted posts and be none the wiser - but for those who didn't see it, basically Butch Walker apparently told somebody, "Yeah, I'm going to produce Brian Fallon's solo record....but...you know...wink...wink...keep it quiet...on the low down!"  Great, this is something interesting for us to talk about!! Let's all imagine how great this is gonna be! Let's speculate! No, now it's all gone and we're told to shut up! Thanks a lot!

Hey, there's nothing cool to see in this thread but don't worry guys......move onto the next one, we can all talk about what Gaslight songs we like to sing along to whilst we're taking a dump or something.

Last edited by Vader on Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 1:03 pm

Apart from the whole Butch Walker thing, I don't see how it could be a stupid idea to talk a bit about what Brian might do next. He restarted his Instagram and Tumblr account, started a Facebook fanpage for himself and keeps dropping hint that he's going to do something. It seems silly that we shouldn't talk about it whatsoever.

So to answer to Vaders question: yeah, why not a separate thread?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 1:27 pm

Vader wrote:
I'll tell you now, this site will die on it's arse (if it hasn't already) if you 'admins' don't get off your high horse and let the site be used for its true purpose - to discuss and share info about a rock band and it's members! Why are you 'admins' taking yourselves so damn serious? It's laughable! Are you on a power trip or something?! Who actually owns this forum? Maybe they should set the rules and then come out and state what kind of vibe they want - then it would be fair enough. Unfortunately, it seems to me like they've left a load of self righteous kids in charge. The general chat forums are doing ok on here but the Gaslight/Fallon discussion is extremely tedious.

This section of the forum would thrive if it was open to varied, exciting discussion and it should belong to ALL Gaslight/Fallon fans - not just a select group of sanctimonious 'admins'. There's some very patronizing individuals on here who seem to revel in adopting a very authoritative, holier-than-thou attitude.

Now that you got all that off your chest, why not put on some Gaslight and chill for a bit?

As for your question, the forum is co-owned by the Admins who range from their 20s to their 40s. And some of us have been around here a fair while.

As for the rules, we have always maintained that if we are told things on the quiet by the band or by those involved with them, then we will not post this here.  It is called respect.

Now back to that Gaslight record you're supposed to be chilling to.  High Five

Last edited by steady now steady now on Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 2:31 pm

I'm chilling to some Butch Walker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 2:34 pm

Steve70s wrote:
I'm chilling to some Butch Walker.

Oooo, you rebel! (Nice one!Smile)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 2:37 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Vader wrote:

This section of the forum would thrive if it was open to varied, exciting discussion and it should belong to ALL Gaslight/Fallon fans - not just a select group of sanctimonious 'admins'. There's some very patronizing individuals on here who seem to revel in adopting a very authoritative, holier-than-thou attitude.

Now that you got all that off your chest, why not put on some Gaslight and chill for a bit?

As for your question, the forum is co-owned by the Admins who range from their 20s to their 40s. And some of us have been around here a fair while.

As for the rules, we have always maintained that if we are told things on the quiet by the band or by those involved with them, then we will not post this here.  It is called respect.

Now back to that Gaslight record you're supposed to be chilling to.  High Five

Thank you Sir for proving my point! Very Happy

As you were everybody.
Back to top Go down
onbackstreetsinbackseats
A Contender
A Contender
onbackstreetsinbackseats

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 4:03 pm

Respect is reserved for those who earn it. If an artist opened up their big mouth when they weren't supposed to, that's not my problem. Respect was backing off when Brian's divorce surfaced. We're here to talk about the music, not respect. Everything I've seen, heard and read point towards new music. Let's talk about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 4:11 pm

onbackstreetsinbackseats wrote:
Respect is reserved for those who earn it. If an artist opened up their big mouth when they weren't supposed to, that's not my problem. Respect was backing off when Brian's divorce surfaced. We're here to talk about the music, not respect. Everything I've seen, heard and read point towards new music. Let's talk about it.

Agreed! High Five
Back to top Go down
BKO5950505
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BKO5950505

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 4:31 pm

Vader for President
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 5:23 pm

onbackstreetsinbackseats wrote:

So here goes:

Brian is undoubtedly writing and recording some new music (you heard it here first). He's done that kind of stuff before, so he's probably doing it again. I guess there will be like lyrics. Brian writes a lot of those, full of words and stuff. I guess there will be guitars on the album, and drums. But perhaps he should give glockenspiel a go too. Brian will probably sing the lyrics, rather than read them out. Though he might experiment this time round. Other people will probably help out with the music. Apparently he's got some demos. What do people think they sound like? Maybe like Pearl Jam with a touch of Bluegrass? This guy Butch is producing, so he says, and the album might sound like the last album Butch produced, or it may have a different sound. I am getting really excited about this now. Can't wait for the album. I wonder what the cover art will be like. Maybe we could have something psychedelic this time round. What does everyone else think?

drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 7:31 pm

Vader wrote:
Unfortunately, it seems to me like they've left a load of self righteous kids in charge.

steady now steady now wrote:

So here goes:

Brian is undoubtedly writing and recording some new music (you heard it here first). He's done that kind of stuff before, so he's probably doing it again. I guess there will be like lyrics. Brian writes a lot of those, full of words and stuff. I guess there will be guitars on the album, and drums. But perhaps he should give glockenspiel a go too. Brian will probably sing the lyrics, rather than read them out. Though he might experiment this time round. Other people will probably help out with the music. Apparently he's got some demos. What do people think they sound like? Maybe like Pearl Jam with a touch of Bluegrass? This guy Butch is producing, so he says, and the album might sound like the last album Butch produced, or it may have a different sound. I am getting really excited about this now. Can't wait for the album. I wonder what the cover art will be like. Maybe we could have something psychedelic this time round. What does everyone else think?

drunken

This is brilliant! Keep 'em coming! Can I start chalking them up?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 4:58 am

Well that escalated quickly. If you're off your soap box now, I'd like to offer a "self-righteous" admin's POV.  

We're reasonable people guys. I've said a million times, if anyone ever has a question on why we are requesting people edit/delete something or why we did so ourselves, please just ask and we can discuss it and us self righteous admins might even discover we're wrong Surprised

The band has been really cool to everyone on here and in return we try to respect that by not spreading things around if we (using our fallible judgement skills) feel the guys may not want it around (although, we can't read their minds shocking as that may seem). However, given that this was not something deeply personal about them and it's kind of a poorly kept secret at this point, we decided just to request that those posting about it edit their posts (they chose to delete them) and I discussed with many of them why in PMs, listened to counter points and they seemed to feel okay with editing or removing their posts. At least that's the impression I got. The reason I asked for PMs if people had questions was because obviously discussing it on here defeated the point but that doesn't really matter now so discuss away! I'm honestly not all that concerned with this one, hence the lack of any admins actually editing or deleting the posts.

Anyway, long story short, sorry you felt we're a bunch of dumb kids who think we're overlords of gaslight's internet presence or something. I assure you, we're just an overly cautious group of people who don't want to contribute to any artist running into problems because of something said on a site we (or well not me but the original admins) created and we play the rather safe than sorry game sometimes. Not everyone has evil intentions despite what the world wants you to think. And with that, feel free to hop back on the soap box.
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 9:28 pm

Chiming in to agree with Vader on this. If it's not personal, then I don't see what the big deal is.
How else are we supposed to know anything?!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 2:12 am

cdala wrote:
Chiming in to agree with Vader on this. If it's not personal, then I don't see what the big deal is.
How else are we supposed to know anything?!

Nothin' wrong with that. That's why I said we're reasonable people. We didn't take it too heavily and some people have expressed like you are here that it's not that big a deal and we're letting it go. As you can see we're not on a rampage deleting his or anyone else's posts and banning people or something crazy.

We were over cautious, the people spoke (some rather rudely), we considered the fairly made points and realized we might've acted hastily (you know like every human being does sometimes), and we let it go.

Can we all chill about this now? Seriously Hug Hug to everyone. The evil dictators of the DSS forum aren't trying to take away your freedoms and we're not too stubborn to reconsider something  Smile

EDIT: Woohoo it's officially announced!
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 3:29 pm

Hugs all around in honour of the official news Hug Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 10:23 pm

Seriously can't wait for Fallon's new solo stuff. I'm dying over here.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 7:09 pm

CasanovaBaby90 wrote:
Seriously can't wait for Fallon's new solo stuff. I'm dying over here.

me too..pretty excited
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 11:13 am

"They were painkillers to me..."

Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Painkillers_zpslytu4zh9
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 10:11 am

It's bittersweet to find that Painkillers is so brilliant that the Gaslight Anthem may well be dead and buried.

However, surely Brian will either have to incorporate the entire TGA song catalogue into future tours or, if the Gaslight Anthem were to rise again, Brian will need to be happy to play non-TGA songs with them. He always declined to play Horrible Crowes songs at TGA shows, but who is going to go to a TGA show (if any) in the future and not want to hear songs off Painkillers?

Right now it doesn't really matter to me who his backing band is (as much as I love Benny), as long as Brians keeps doing what he does and, at least after this tour, draws on his whole song catalogue at shows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight taking a hiatus
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next