DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight taking a hiatus

Go down 
+47
shredderrrrrr
ncl1968
pleasepassthesoup
Shrewsbury_Stars
TooMuchGaslight
bringiton
SashaV
njguy99
enola
DeathoftheCool
Coma Girl
biggs
cowgirlwiththeblues
Ashburtongeorge
riversedge
Harbortown
Thunder Peel
Fail
Debonair
mingus
aaydmc2
HighLonesome
bootime
flannel
SirBrad
turnitin2004
rumham
JimmyB
cdala
Jerseyrain
Holland
miked331
CapedAvenger
steady now steady now
eagles1139
Anya_TGA
rem999
brianpd
cmigs
mja271
jonnyz83
The_River
Jaws
Steve70s
Rose1991
bt211
StitchesOnTheRadio
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
TooMuchGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TooMuchGaslight

Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 11:54 am

steady now steady now wrote:
It's bittersweet to find that Painkillers is so brilliant that the Gaslight Anthem may well be dead and buried.

However, surely Brian will either have to incorporate the entire TGA song catalogue into future tours or, if the Gaslight Anthem were to rise again, Brian will need to be happy to play non-TGA songs with them. He always declined to play Horrible Crowes songs at TGA shows, but who is going to go to a TGA show (if any) in the future and not want to hear songs off Painkillers?

Right now it doesn't really matter to me who his backing band is (as much as I love Benny), as long as Brians keeps doing what he does and, at least after this tour, draws on his whole song catalogue at shows.

I don't think Brian will play songs from Painkillers if TGA were ever to play again.
Simply because he never did in with THC either, and everyone wanted to hear that.

I like the way he keeps everything seperated, it makes the solo shows more special I think.
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 1:20 pm

I'd be fine going to a TGA show and not hearing Painkillers songs. There's a place for both things in the future if Brian wants. I look at it this way: Brian will always make music. When TGA (hopefully) returns, they'll do a record and a year or so of touring, then he'll do his solo stuff (records/tours) in between. The in between gaps will presumably be longer. I think both things can easily be separate and satisfy fans. Now if TGA is completely done, I'm gonna need him to incorporate those songs into the solo show because they're too good to never get played again.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 3:11 pm

It's bittersweet to find that Painkillers is so brilliant that the Gaslight Anthem may well be dead and buried.

However, surely Brian will either have to incorporate the entire TGA song catalogue into future tours or, if the Gaslight Anthem were to rise again, Brian will need to be happy to play non-TGA songs with them. He always declined to play Horrible Crowes songs at TGA shows, but who is going to go to a TGA show (if any) in the future and not want to hear songs off Painkillers?

Right now it doesn't really matter to me who his backing band is (as much as I love Benny), as long as Brians keeps doing what he does and, at least after this tour, draws on his whole song catalogue at shows.

Why?

Why can't there be two things.

Enjoy now
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 6:53 pm

Por que no los dos? My hope for the future is for Gaslight to come back within the next 2-3 years, but still have Brian do as much solo stuff as he wants. I prefer Gaslight, but I love most of the solo stuff as well.

He said in an interview earlier this week (can't remember which one) that if Gaslight decided they were never coming back, he would play those songs in his solo stuff, but for now they'll stay with Gaslight.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 7:42 pm

mja271 wrote:
I'd be fine going to a TGA show and not hearing Painkillers songs. There's a place for both things in the future if Brian wants. I look at it this way: Brian will always make music. When TGA (hopefully) returns, they'll do a record and a year or so of touring, then he'll do his solo stuff (records/tours) in between. The in between gaps will presumably be longer. I think both things can easily be separate and satisfy fans. Now if TGA is completely done, I'm gonna need him to incorporate those songs into the solo show because they're too good to never get played again.

I also see that..I think after Brian's solo record there will be a further Gaslight album and than again a solo record..just as The Killers have done it recently...
I don't think Brian will play any 'Painkillers' songs with TGA that would be a bit strange because those are his own songs and don't have anyting to do with the band... but again..thats my opinion..of course I won't mind if he plays some songs of his own with TGA
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 9:00 pm

I tried to search on the site for this topic, and couldnt seem to find it. Im sure its out there, but if not, do people think Alex Levine and Benny are offended, or upset in any way they arent involved in Brians other stuff? Ian has done elsie, and now with the solo album. Same with Alex. But benny and alex l have been left off all the other stuff. Think everything is cool about that? I find it hard to imagine they dont feel a little slighted. Hope its not a big deal.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 3:07 am

turnitin2004 wrote:
I tried to search on the site for this topic, and couldnt seem to find it.  Im sure its out there, but if not, do people think Alex Levine and Benny are offended, or upset in any way they arent involved in Brians other stuff? Ian has done elsie, and now with the solo album.  Same with Alex.  But benny and alex l have been left off all the other stuff.  Think everything is cool about that?  I find it hard to imagine they dont feel a little slighted.  Hope its not a big deal.

Well if they had been involved it would be a Gaslight album, no?
I'm pretty sure they're all cool with their decisions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 3:13 am

TooMuchGaslight wrote:

I don't think Brian will play songs from Painkillers if TGA were ever to play again.
Simply because he never did in with THC either, and everyone wanted to hear that.

I like the way he keeps everything seperated, it makes the solo shows more special I think.

I'm totally with you on that. Even though there might (will) be crossovers of songs in either direction I like it when he keeps them separate. Lots of bands don't mix the band and the solo material live.

And I wouldn't say that there is no chance that TGA won't ever return. Let's wait and see.

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 11:17 am

Just for the record. Besides the two guys that are in his band now being in Gaslight. I saw Alex
L at the show last night and heard Benny was there also. So point being, these guys support each other and are still a band.

So let's all enjoy this moment (and Brian's songs) and when the boys are ready they'll be ready
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 11:59 am

miked331 wrote:
Just for the record. Besides the two guys that are in his band now being in Gaslight. I saw Alex
L at the show last night and heard Benny was there also. So point being, these guys support each other and are still a band.

So let's all enjoy this moment (and Brian's songs) and when the boys are ready they'll be ready

Oh yea, Im not rushing them back together by any means.  Just was hoping everyone was cool with everything just on a personal level, cause i'd be sad, band or not, if they had issues.  glad to hear everyone is cool, whether they get back together or not.

agree, love brians new solo stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight taking a hiatus   Gaslight taking a hiatus - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight taking a hiatus
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7