DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US/Canada Tour 2014

Go down 
+85
Rose1991
Woody
redheadchick
spokes
dmwhalen
abw123
NervousFeetHeartofStone
Yozzy
Jack
MacysDayMar
brunswick18
eagles1139
MKULTRA
BKO5950505
bigbug
NotLikeWeBleed
pepperedham
jensomniac
big blue
michaelphillips
shredderrrrrr
borrowedcar
TGAFAN25
AndWithTheWindowDown
Lastoftheindependents
Smasha13
DeathoftheCool
BSouls97
wedidwhenyoung
JukeboxJuliet
Harbortown
AngryRyan
Forum Owner
prettyontheinsidex
riversedge
jdc
CasanovaBaby90
MustangSally
JacksSmirkingRevenge
TheContender
33RPMHero
knuckles
onbackstreetsinbackseats
lol_paul_ledoux
jonnyz83
moosicmaniac
SouthJerseyTGA
macci
infoghost
pleasepassthesoup
SirBrad
Velocity
TGA30
bradleyjp
cmigs
ACA
turnitin2004
redskynight
GlennR
colmillionaire
njguy99
Rizz
Zach_Edelman
ral
The Last Jukebox Romeo
miked331
Christophe
Shrewsbury_Stars
LuceroDiehard
Jaws
matkins
NeverTrustAJunkie
mingus
enola
Anya_TGA
sjoy89
StitchesOnTheRadio
flannel
zerb012345
bt211
jonester
Unorthadox1080
Debonair
bootime
rated_r_67
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 4:39 pm

It's crazy to think we're already lamenting the first iPod! I sold my iPod classic when I got an iphone but I still have my first walkman! haha.

I talked to the guys in twopointeight after DC and they said they got kicked off the bill for PNC because there were "too many bands" and yeah they mentioned not being able to get into Canada, haha. It's too bad. I wish they could be at all of Gaslights shows this tour because they're truly great.

Thanks for sharing your photos as usual Lorraine. I'll be sure to check them out later tonight!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 5:06 pm

Oh well. Maybe they'll join up with Gaslight again in the future!
Back to top Go down
Smasha13
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Smasha13

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 7:08 pm

I have no words for last night.  It was that good for me.

Twopointeight were awesome.  I don't know a lot of their stuff but I will definitely be checking them out further because they were great.

Against Me! was awesome.  Laura Jane is a beast.  I don't know a super great deal of their older material but they were super high energy and really got the crowd going.

I think this was my favourite Gaslight show ever.  They were so tight, their set was such a good mix of songs.  I also finally had the opportunity to meet Brian and Alex L (and Danny!) and I can't stop gushing over them.  Beyond expectations.  Brian wished me a happy birthday, Danny came off the bus to bring me a setlist because he heard it was my birthday, Alex was joking around with us and threw a little shade at Canada before remembering that there was a Canadian in the midst and apologized so many times.

I had had kind of a rough day prior (getting pulled into customs before even getting started on this trip because apparently it was a red flag that I was going to see a band that the guards didn't know, by myself in Detroit and then coming back right after Rolling Eyes ), having some vehicle issues and getting lost several times trying to find the venue (Detroit is so confusing!), but I ended up meeting up with some DSS people who were so awesome and welcoming and anything bad was forgotten.  So thank you obviously to the guys, the bands and Andrew, Caleigh and Izzy for letting me tag along with you and making my birthday so memorable and just downright awesome.  I will say things in my Canadian accent for your entertainment any day Wink
Back to top Go down
Smasha13
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Smasha13

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 7:12 pm

Set list from last night if anyone is interested!

US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Set_li11
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 9:09 pm

I love the crossed-out Baba O'Riley and then the big, simple '59.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 11:48 pm

Aw, kinda wish I went to that Detroit show. Normally catch them twice (sometimes 3!) during a tour in Toronto, Detroit, and Buffalo (which they finally played again since not being there since 2009).
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 11:49 pm

Impressed with the setlist variation so far. Everyone's a critic but, man oh man, I could use some Casanova Baby.
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 11:54 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Impressed with the setlist variation so far. Everyone's a critic but, man oh man, I could use some Casanova Baby.

Yes, please. Top 5 song for me.
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 12:13 am

I was at the Toronto show on Friday night.

I've been getting less interested in the band more and more over time, I only went because a friend needed someone to go with.

They sounded great, and Baba O'Riley was a great closer. Also good to hear em play 1930 again.

But other than that, it was pretty average. And now that they're bigger (as douchey as this sounds) the crowd just wasn't really into it.

Back when it was just like, hardcore fans celebrating T59S and AS it was so different.

I'm happy for their success but it sucks to see some energy missing as a result of a bigger fanbase.

Anywho it's just me and I've been slowly getting out of the band so my opinion is pretty meaningless.
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 12:15 am

Wow I'm surprised by how much of the set list is older material. Am I the only one who would actually like to see it heavier on Get Hurt? It's not my favorite album, but idk, it's so damn catchy and it is the Get Hurt tour, after-all.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 12:42 am

CutToRibbons wrote:
Wow I'm surprised by how much of the set list is older material. Am I the only one who would actually like to see it heavier on Get Hurt? It's not my favorite album, but idk, it's so damn catchy and it is the Get Hurt tour, after-all.

I feel that
Back to top Go down
NervousFeetHeartofStone
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 1:47 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

I feel ya. That's the one tune I'd kill to hear.

Although, in Toronto and Montreal they played "Meet Me By the River's Edge" for the first time in 2 years, and that's probably my second choice after "Casanova", so I was so stoked. Lucky!
Back to top Go down
MacysDayMar
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MacysDayMar

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 5:33 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I will stick with my iPod Classic until it dies!

I went to a few shows this past week and twopointeight were not at any of them! Slightly disappointed as people have been giving them good reviews after the shows. Maybe because Jimmy Eat World was on the bill for 2 of them? But I was sure they'd said they'd open at PNC? Brian said on stage they weren't at the Montréal show because of issues due to them being Swedish and complicated paperwork (or something to that effect).

Random: I happened to see one of the Simpsons prints up close and I loved it.

Anyway, I took photos in Montréal if anyone is interested:

Kind of obsessed with their lighting right now cheers

Right? I'm afraid mine is gonna die soon (it'll be seven years old in November and the battery doesn't hold charges as long as it used to) and I'm now kicking myself for not buying a backup before Neutral

Those pictures are amazing!
Back to top Go down
http://fairwayfrank.tumblr.com/
MacysDayMar
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MacysDayMar

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 5:40 am

Smasha13 wrote:

Twopointeight were awesome.  I don't know a lot of their stuff but I will definitely be checking them out further because they were great.

Against Me! was awesome.  Laura Jane is a beast.  I don't know a super great deal of their older material but they were super high energy and really got the crowd going.

I think this was my favourite Gaslight show ever.  They were so tight, their set was such a good mix of songs.  I also finally had the opportunity to meet Brian and Alex L (and Danny!) and I can't stop gushing over them.  Beyond expectations.  Brian wished me a happy birthday, Danny came off the bus to bring me a setlist because he heard it was my birthday, Alex was joking around with us and threw a little shade at Canada before remembering that there was a Canadian in the midst and apologized so many times.

I had had kind of a rough day prior (getting pulled into customs before even getting started on this trip because apparently it was a red flag that I was going to see a band that the guards didn't know, by myself in Detroit and then coming back right after Rolling Eyes ), having some vehicle issues and getting lost several times trying to find the venue (Detroit is so confusing!), but I ended up meeting up with some DSS people who were so awesome and welcoming and anything bad was forgotten.  So thank you obviously to the guys, the bands and Andrew, Caleigh and Izzy for letting me tag along with you and making my birthday so memorable and just downright awesome.  I will say things in my Canadian accent for your entertainment any day Wink

Oh for sure, Detroit is messy right now. Coming from Toledo, it was a little difficult for my dad to get around (since I'm cool and don't drive, haha) because the normal way he would go, via the Lodge, had a bunch of random closures, and then you couldn't take the Fisher service drive to Woodward because of the M-1 rail construction so we had to go around a couple backstreets; I hear you! I can't imagine how confusing it would have been alone and with less familiarity, glad you found the place!

Also, random question - did you wait in the merch line after the show? I was standing behind someone who had a setlist and I commented how lucky they were to get it ... wondering if it was you! :O

Edit: Sorry for double-post, I kind of assumed it would add this to my previous post! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://fairwayfrank.tumblr.com/
Smasha13
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Smasha13

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 7:54 am

MacysDayMar wrote:
Smasha13 wrote:

Oh for sure, Detroit is messy right now. Coming from Toledo, it was a little difficult for my dad to get around (since I'm cool and don't drive, haha) because the normal way he would go, via the Lodge, had a bunch of random closures, and then you couldn't take the Fisher service drive to Woodward because of the M-1 rail construction so we had to go around a couple backstreets; I hear you! I can't imagine how confusing it would have been alone and with less familiarity, glad you found the place!

Also, random question - did you wait in the merch line after the show? I was standing behind someone who had a setlist and I commented how lucky they were to get it ... wondering if it was you! :O

Edit: Sorry for double-post, I kind of assumed it would add this to my previous post! Embarassed

No I didn't! We saw the line and gave up and wanted to wait by the bus instead. I feel that it was a good decision. I will be ordering some merch online for sure though!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 1:47 pm

Yozzy wrote:

But other than that, it was pretty average. And now that they're bigger (as douchey as this sounds) the crowd just wasn't really into it.

Back when it was just like, hardcore fans celebrating T59S and AS it was so different.

I'm happy for their success but it sucks to see some energy missing as a result of a bigger fanbase.

Anywho it's just me and I've been slowly getting out of the band so my opinion is pretty meaningless.

This can vary show to show though too. I saw them twice in DC and the crowds were perfect. Tons of energy and some moshing without people trying to crush each other. But then Philly was odd because they seemed to be listening and enjoying it but had ZERO energy (even before the acoustic set). I think you're right though, with a lot of newer fans, the crowd can be very hit or miss. I'm sorry yours was a miss!

CutToRibbons wrote:

They started out pretty heavy on the new album but from what I hear some people complained? I also wish they'd go heavy on it again too but you can't please everyone I guess.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 2:02 pm

It'd be awesome if they played what they wanted to and didn't bow to pressure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 2:03 pm

cmigs wrote:
It'd be awesome if they played what they wanted to and didn't bow to pressure.
This. I'm happy with whatever they decide to play.
Back to top Go down
rated_r_67
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 2:06 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Yozzy wrote:

This can vary show to show though too. I saw them twice in DC and the crowds were perfect. Tons of energy and some moshing without people trying to crush each other. But then Philly was odd because they seemed to be listening and enjoying it but had ZERO energy (even before the acoustic set). I think you're right though, with a lot of newer fans, the crowd can be very hit or miss. I'm sorry yours was a miss!

CutToRibbons wrote:

They started out pretty heavy on the new album but from what I hear some people complained? I also wish they'd go heavy on it again too but you can't please everyone I guess.

I'm surprised you thought the Philly crowd had no energy, I was up towards the front and I thought it was quite good. There was moshing up there for almost all of the electric set but everyone was very respectful, so I dug that. There was also a lot of clap alongs (albeit sometimes out of time) but the effort was there haha. Definitely towards the end of the acoustic set people were losing interest a bit, but overall I thought it was good. As for PNC I really couldn't pay attention to the crowd that much because of the rain and it being dark on the lawn but overall, both were very enjoyable shows. Just wish we would have gotten Ferris Wheel in Jersey that rain got crazy!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 2:58 pm

rated_r_67 wrote:
Yozzy wrote:

CutToRibbons wrote:

I'm surprised you thought the Philly crowd had no energy, I was up towards the front and I thought it was quite good. There was moshing up there for almost all of the electric set but everyone was very respectful, so I dug that. There was also a lot of clap alongs (albeit sometimes out of time) but the effort was there haha. Definitely towards the end of the acoustic set people were losing interest a bit, but overall I thought it was good. As for PNC I really couldn't pay attention to the crowd that much because of the rain and it being dark on the lawn but overall, both were very enjoyable shows. Just wish we would have gotten Ferris Wheel in Jersey that rain got crazy!

You must've been on the complete opposite side of me then. Because my friends and I were on the barricade between Alex R and Brian and I don't think the people behind me moved the whole night. Apart from one drunk guy who shoved his way up to the second row. I felt like I didn't see (or hear) much in the way of clapping either? haha. Maybe it just paled in comparison to DC.

Jersey seemed to depend on where you were. I was up front to the side, and I swear 90% of those seats went to businesses or raffles or whatever because no one knew the songs, almost no one danced, etc. Yet some of my friends a bit further back, said the crowd was great. I wish we'd gotten Ferris Wheel that night too! It would've been appropriate.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 5:18 pm

Lastoftheindependents wrote:
CasanovaBaby90 wrote:
Will I see any fellow DSS tonight at the Toronto show? I'm going with a friend from first year university who I got in to Gaslight.

I wish I'd seen this earlier!

What a great show. I think that last night was the best performance I've seen from them.
Northcote was perfect. Great guy, really humble. Had the chance to talk with him a bit and he's so genuinely nice. His set was great and I definitely consider myself a fan.
Against Me was okay. Crowd was a little too moshy for my liking, but I'm a real pansy when it comes to mob mentality. I enjoyed them from the safety of the bar haha. Vocals were on point until the last few songs and instrumentals were tight throughout.
GASLIGHT - I admit that I'm so totally biased when it comes to them, but holy god did they ever put on a show. Lights were amazing, sound was perfect. So in love with all the boys like usual, but there was something about Benny's sound last night that was just unbelievable in the best way possible. My jaw dropped so many times just watching him. There was this total shift in atmosphere when Gaslight came out...like people just became so much more friendly and I felt safe being at the front of the crowd which NEVER happens haha. There was a perfect mix of songs from each album, but a definite focus on Get Hurt. Great transitions from song to song too...made for a really smooth set. I almost fainted when they played Blue Dahlia, that one came out of left field. Would've liked to hear a bit more of Brian talking between songs but c'est la vie.

Overall, fantastic night and I'll say again that they sounded the best I've ever heard them sound.

I'm so jealous of you folks who got to see Northcote. Twopointeight was pretty decent, but I love Northcote. I saw him when he was touring with Dave Hause earlier in the year and I really don't know if there's any word I could use to describe him other than "delightful". I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he comes back to DC sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 6:04 pm

Having been a huge fan since 59 Sound came out and somehow never yet making it to a show, I find myself freaking out after every setlist is posted. "Oh nice, lots of Get Hurt!" "Oh nice, lots of old stuff!"

Just so long as they play a lot, I'm happy! I think my "they gotta play this!" list is probably 40 songs long.
Back to top Go down
rated_r_67
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 10:40 am

rated_r_67 wrote:
Yozzy wrote:

CutToRibbons wrote:

You must've been on the complete opposite side of me then. Because my friends and I were on the barricade between Alex R and Brian and I don't think the people behind me moved the whole night. Apart from one drunk guy who shoved his way up to the second row. I felt like I didn't see (or hear) much in the way of clapping either? haha. Maybe it just paled in comparison to DC.

Jersey seemed to depend on where you were. I was up front to the side, and I swear 90% of those seats went to businesses or raffles or whatever because no one knew the songs, almost no one danced, etc. Yet some of my friends a bit further back, said the crowd was great. I wish we'd gotten Ferris Wheel that night too! It would've been appropriate.

Gotcha yeah I was on Alex L's side. And that's disappointing to hear about the PNC crowd up front, but I guess this is what happens when you move up to these bigger shows. Overall, I really feel like these two shows are building up for something even bigger. The band sounds so much better and more on their game than they did last year in my opinion. With the schedule open for December I really hope we get a Holiday show, maybe in NY since they skipped it this time. We'll see. I'm seeing them at ACL in a few weeks so hopefully that'll hold me over for a little longer haha
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 5:38 pm

anyone need a pair of Pittsburgh Stage AE tix?? I am unable to make it to the show that weekend and paid $67 for the pair. I can transfer the tix electronically and/or mail them and I hold these in hand.

Best offer and they're yours.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 10:59 am

I see Mama's Boys was played in Dallas and ACL - if anyone was at either show, I'd love to hear your take on how it sounds live. Was there harmonica? Was it fun?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US/Canada Tour 2014
Page 13 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next