DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US/Canada Tour 2014

Go down 
+85
Rose1991
Woody
redheadchick
spokes
dmwhalen
abw123
NervousFeetHeartofStone
Yozzy
Jack
MacysDayMar
brunswick18
eagles1139
MKULTRA
BKO5950505
bigbug
NotLikeWeBleed
pepperedham
jensomniac
big blue
michaelphillips
shredderrrrrr
borrowedcar
TGAFAN25
AndWithTheWindowDown
Lastoftheindependents
Smasha13
DeathoftheCool
BSouls97
wedidwhenyoung
JukeboxJuliet
Harbortown
AngryRyan
Forum Owner
prettyontheinsidex
riversedge
jdc
CasanovaBaby90
MustangSally
JacksSmirkingRevenge
TheContender
33RPMHero
knuckles
onbackstreetsinbackseats
lol_paul_ledoux
jonnyz83
moosicmaniac
SouthJerseyTGA
macci
infoghost
pleasepassthesoup
SirBrad
Velocity
TGA30
bradleyjp
cmigs
ACA
turnitin2004
redskynight
GlennR
colmillionaire
njguy99
Rizz
Zach_Edelman
ral
The Last Jukebox Romeo
miked331
Christophe
Shrewsbury_Stars
LuceroDiehard
Jaws
matkins
NeverTrustAJunkie
mingus
enola
Anya_TGA
sjoy89
StitchesOnTheRadio
flannel
zerb012345
bt211
jonester
Unorthadox1080
Debonair
bootime
rated_r_67
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 9:50 pm

redheadchick wrote:
Last night's show in Minneapolis was hands down the best Gaslight show yet.  Energy was strong through out the entire show. I would have loved to hear Stray Paper, but 1930 was a fair trade.  

Here's the setlist:

Stay Vicious
1,000 years
High Lonesome
Helter Skeleton
Wherefore art thou, Elvis (also done during pre-show)
Old Haunts
Old White Lincoln
Handwritten
1930 (request from a guy in the audience)
Red Violins
45 (my favorite of the night)
Underneath the Ground
Senor and the Queen
Cowgirls
Miles Davis
Get Hurt
We came to dance
Have mercy
Keepsake
Dark Places

Encore:
59 Sound
Wooderson
Sweet Morphine
Astro Zombies (Misfits cover)
We're getting a divorce

Nice set list! I'm glad we got Mae in KC, but wish we would have heard Dark Places, 1930, and Divorce. Divorce definitely over Baba. The rest of the set list is pretty similar to what we got in KC and I was very happy with that too.
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 11:27 pm

TheContender wrote:
redheadchick wrote:
Last night's show in Minneapolis was hands down the best Gaslight show yet.  Energy was strong through out the entire show. I would have loved to hear Stray Paper, but 1930 was a fair trade.  

Here's the setlist:

Stay Vicious
1,000 years
High Lonesome
Helter Skeleton
Old Haunts
Old White Lincoln
Handwritten
Red Violins
Underneath the Ground
Senor and the Queen
Cowgirls
Miles Davis
Get Hurt
We came to dance
Have mercy
Keepsake
Dark Places

Encore:
59 Sound
Wooderson
Sweet Morphine
We're getting a divorce

Nice set list!  I'm glad we got Mae in KC, but wish we would have heard Dark Places, 1930, and Divorce.  Divorce definitely over Baba.  The rest of the set list is pretty similar to what we got in KC and I was very happy with that too.

Agreed! Was interested to see the MN setlist since I considered going to that show as well. Glad it was pretty similar (since I decided not to go). As much as I would've loved 1930, Mae and Here Comes My Man made up for it.

But I'm with you about We're Getting a Divorce over Baba. Probably my favorite Gaslight song vs. my least favorite song they play. I would be ok not getting Divorce if it was replaced with Backseat, Blue Dahlia, or the like…but a cover? For me, that sucks. They absolutely kill the cover, but I'd much prefer an original. Especially one as awesome as We're Getting a Divorce.
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 3:58 pm

Please tell me someone has video of Brian singing Dead Man's Bones in the middle of Old White Lincoln, I need to see this.
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 12:51 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
TheContender wrote:
redheadchick wrote:

Here's the setlist:

Stay Vicious
1,000 years
High Lonesome
Helter Skeleton
Old Haunts
Old White Lincoln
Handwritten
Red Violins
Underneath the Ground
Senor and the Queen
Cowgirls
Miles Davis
Get Hurt
We came to dance
Have mercy
Keepsake
Dark Places

Encore:
59 Sound
Wooderson
Sweet Morphine
We're getting a divorce

Nice set list!  I'm glad we got Mae in KC, but wish we would have heard Dark Places, 1930, and Divorce.  Divorce definitely over Baba.  The rest of the set list is pretty similar to what we got in KC and I was very happy with that too.

Agreed! Was interested to see the MN setlist since I considered going to that show as well. Glad it was pretty similar (since I decided not to go). As much as I would've loved 1930, Mae and Here Comes My Man made up for it.

But I'm with you about We're Getting a Divorce over Baba. Probably my favorite Gaslight song vs. my least favorite song they play. I would be ok not getting Divorce if it was replaced with Backseat, Blue Dahlia, or the like…but a cover? For me, that sucks. They absolutely kill the cover, but I'd much prefer an original. Especially one as awesome as We're Getting a Divorce.

Well, I'm a die hard Pearl Jam fan too and they cover Baba a lot. I'm guessing that's where it rubbed off on Brian and why they play it too. I'm always up for hearing another Sink or Swim song so would have been cool to hear Divorce as they have been closing with that a lot.

Does anyone know why they never play Contender? That's my favorite and I've never seen it on a setlist. It would bring such energy to the crowd. Maybe tough on Brian's voice??
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 4:04 pm

I swear I've heard Contender live before, I was thinking in Minneapolis... but I just looked back at the setlists of shows I've been to, and it's not on any of them. Guess I'm dreaming? That's one of my favorites on SoS also.

A friend and I were talking and were both curious why there's only one or two songs being played off American Slang. Do people not like that album as much? IMO there are so many great tracks off that album. If I was to pick an album to go light on it would be Handwritten. I'm guessing I must be in the minority, but I just can't get into that album minus Mae and maybe 3 other tracks, but when I was in KC the Handwritten songs seemed to get a HUGE response from the crowd.

I agree with you guys on the covers, Baba is great, but if they're going to play a cover, my personal favorite is House of the Rising Sun.. Still, I think with shorter set lists it would be nice to hear another Gaslight song over a cover.

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 7:11 pm

"why there's only one or two songs being played off American Slang."

According to Setlist.fm in 2014:

Old Haunts (26)
   The Diamond Church Street Choir (15)
   American Slang (10)
   She Loves You (10)
   The Queen of Lower Chelsea (7)
   Stay Lucky (3)
   Boxer (1)

Counting "She Loves You" there are 11 songs. So 7/11 songs being played this year tells me they don't mind American Slang Wink
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 11:30 pm

I've had the complaint about American Slang before too. It's not so much how many different AS songs were played on the tour, as it is how many per night when compared to the other albums. I think the ratio was a bit better this tour at least...mostly. I'm personally thrilled Old Haunts is getting played again but I wish Brian would put his guitar down for it like he used to. It was so much more fun that way.

Back to top Go down
Woody
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 11:49 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
"why there's only one or two songs being played off American Slang."

According to Setlist.fm in 2014:

Old Haunts (26)
   The Diamond Church Street Choir (15)
   American Slang (10)
   She Loves You (10)
   The Queen of Lower Chelsea (7)
   Stay Lucky (3)
   Boxer (1)

Counting "She Loves You" there are 11 songs. So 7/11 songs being played this year tells me they don't mind American Slang Wink

Not all this tour though Wink

Old Haunts (22)
The Diamond Church Street Choir (13)
She Loves You (10)
American Slang (1)
The Queen of Lower Chelsea (1)

Which does make the poster more correct, as Old Haunts is a staple (I'd prefer Spirit of Jazz, Stay Lucky or Orphans but there we go) and you'll likely get either Diamond or She Loves You, but not much else...
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 1:55 am

CutToRibbons wrote:
I swear I've heard Contender live before, I was thinking in Minneapolis... but I just looked back at the setlists of shows I've been to, and it's not on any of them. Guess I'm dreaming? That's one of my favorites on SoS also.

A friend and I were talking and were both curious why there's only one or two songs being played off American Slang. Do people not like that album as much? IMO there are so many great tracks off that album. If I was to pick an album to go light on it would be Handwritten. I'm guessing I must be in the minority, but I just can't get into that album minus Mae and maybe 3 other tracks, but when I was in KC the Handwritten songs seemed to get a HUGE response from the crowd.

I agree with you guys on the covers, Baba is great, but if they're going to play a cover, my personal favorite is House of the Rising Sun.. Still, I think with shorter set lists it would be nice to hear another Gaslight song over a cover.

Personally, I do think AS is Gaslight's "forgotten" album. It seems overlooked. It just doesn't seem like a crowd favorite.

For me, I think Handwritten differs because people seem to either love it or hate it. I have seen it at both the top and bottom of people's lists. AS, on the other hand, seems to always be somewhere in the middle or back.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 4:02 am

shredderrrrrr wrote:
CutToRibbons wrote:

Personally, I do think AS is Gaslight's "forgotten" album. It seems overlooked. It just doesn't seem like a crowd favorite.

For me, I think Handwritten differs because people seem to either love it or hate it. I have seen it at both the top and bottom of people's lists. AS, on the other hand, seems to always be somewhere in the middle or back.

See, I remember people loving that album at shows during the AS tour. I think the band maybe just doesn't enjoy most if it any more for whatever reason. So, they play the 3-4 songs they still want to play over and over and over, and those of us who used to love those songs (myself for instance) are now a bit sick of them. But who knows. Maybe I'm wrong and it's very clear to the band that people don't like that album or something.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 4:47 am

American Slang is still my favorite. Wish that album got the same kind of love as T59S and Handwritten. It's well deserved!
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 1:40 pm

Personally, I think a more even mix of everything (with an emphasis on the newest album) would be ideal. For a 25-song set, I think it should be something like:

7: Get Hurt
5: 59 Sound
4: Handwritten
4: American Slang
3: Sink or Swim
2: Senor and the Queen
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 1:41 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
American Slang is still my favorite. Wish that album got the same kind of love as T59S and Handwritten. It's well deserved!

It's odd because I consider it my least favorite album, yet I love every song on it.
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 1:47 pm

Right, I was mainly talking about this tour. Maybe at some shows AS is being played more than others, but when I saw them in KC it was:

Sink or Swim (2)
Senor (1)
59 Sound (5)
American Slang (1)
Handwritten (5)
Get Hurt (10)

At the show my friend went to:

Sink or Swim (1)
Senor (3)
59 Sound (3)
American Slang (3)
Handwritten (4)
Get Hurt (6)

So a little more balanced, other than SoS, but also a much shorter set. He also said the crowd was going nuts over Handwritten songs more than anything else there too, so idk! I'm glad people like it, and I don't hate it, it's just my least favorite of all their albums.

I'd love to hear Orphans. Looking at a check-list of all the Gaslight songs I have not heard live yet, AS is the album that I have the most un-heard songs off of. *edit* Oh, I take that back... Get Hurt wins, but that was just released, so...
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 1:54 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Personally, I think a more even mix of everything (with an emphasis on the newest album) would be ideal. For a 25-song set, I think it should be something like:

7: Get Hurt
5: 59 Sound
4: Handwritten
4: American Slang
3: Sink or Swim
2: Senor and the Queen

I can get that too, but I kind of like it being Get Hurt heavy since it's the Get Hurt tour. I would have been over the moon if they would have just knocked out the entire album lol! But I think over-all the set lists have been pretty good, it just seemed odd Handwritten had quite a few tracks and only one off AS...but I'm truly just happy to see Gaslight in general, regardless of what they play, and the show I caught this tour was SO much better than last year's. Such a plus. I really hope they'll play some more US dates in 2015.
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 4:22 pm

I'm not a big AS fan. I don't mind it, but comparatively it's easily my bottom album they have made so far. I will say that some of that music does translate better live. Queen of Lower Chelsea and The Diamond Church Street Choir both sound better live that on the record.

Handwritten is killer, and I even like the new album better than AS.
Back to top Go down
spokes
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 7:20 pm

I posted about this last week but I taped the Nashville show. I think it sounds decent compared to the loudness/sound of the venue. Recording is up for download here: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=575773

Sample download of "45":
Code:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/o843bc

The Gaslight Anthem
10-08-2014
Marathon Music Works
Nashville, TN

Taper: Chris Drews

Source: Neumann AK40 > LC3 > km100(DINa, ~12') > UA-5 (w-mod) > IRiver iHP-120 (Rockbox)

Conversion: IRiver iHP-120 > USB > MacBook > Sound Studio 3.5.7 > xACT 1.64 > FLAC

01 - Intro - 02:05
02 - Stay Vicious - 03:30
03 - Handwritten - 03:59
04 - 45 - 03:23
05 - Old Haunts - 05:03
06 - Helter Skeleton - 03:13
07 - We Came to Dance - 03:52
08 - Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis? - 03:33
09 - Stray Paper - 05:46
10 - Mama's Boys - 03:35
11 - Old White Lincoln - 04:42
12 - Even Cowgirls Get the Blues - 04:10
13 - Selected Poems - 04:10
14 - The Diamond Church Street Choir - 04:34
15 - Mulholland Drive - 03:54
16 - 1,000 Years - 03:37
17 - Get Hurt - 03:50
18 - Have Mercy - 03:15
19 - Dark Places - 06:32
Encore:
20 - The '59 Sound - 03:21
21 - Wooderson - 02:45
22 - Sweet Morphine - 04:18
23 - We're Getting a Divorce, You Keep the Diner - 04:10

Total: [1:31:17]

compiled by Chris Drews on 10-19-14
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 9:21 pm

Saw the Chicago show at the Aragon last Thursday. Good show. Here's the setlist:

Stay Vicious
Blue Dahlia
1,000 Years
Old Haunts
Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?
Halloween
Old White Lincoln (Dead Man's Bones - In the Room Where You Sleep tag)
Howl
High Lonesome
Stray Paper
Angry Johnny and the Radio (Bon Iver - Blood Bank tag)
The Diamond Church Street Choir (Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing tag)
Too Much Blood
Helter Skeleton
Underneath the Ground
We Came to Dance
Señor and the Queen
Get Hurt
She Loves You (The Miracles - You've Really Got a Hold on Me tag)
Dark Places

Encore:
The '59 Sound
Baba O'Riley

A few notes
-early on Brian mentioned that Ryan Adams was playing elsewhere in Chicago and said something along the lines of wishing he could've gone to that.
-Elvis was the new reworked/slower version.
-Halloween is still awesome.
-Old White Lincoln had a minute or so of In the Room Where You Sleep in the spot for the usual breakdown. Brian talked about the song briefly, mentioning that it was from Ryan Gosling's band and that the song was featured in the horror movie The Conjuring.
-the Sultans of Swing tag during Diamond Church Street Choir was just an instrumental bit.
-She Loves you seemed a bit reworked too. I'm not sure if it was in a different key or what but something was amiss.
-Brian passed off his guitar to Brad during the outro of Baba. he continued to play with the band while Brian joined Benny on drums.
-Handwritten, House of the Rising Sun and Diner were on the printed setlist between '59 and Baba but were all skipped. I'm assuming it was curfew related but the show ended ~10:10pm so who knows. As is, the encore felt a little sparse and adding two or three of those songs could've pushed this from a really good show to a great show for me.

Also, Cory Branan was great. A bit surprised he only played a couple new songs in his half hour set though.
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 9:44 pm

Fuck, Blue Dahlia and Halloween? Lucky.
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 9:49 pm

CutToRibbons wrote:
Right, I was mainly talking about this tour. Maybe at some shows AS is being played more than others, but when I saw them in KC it was:

Sink or Swim (2)
Senor (1)
59 Sound (5)
American Slang (1)
Handwritten (5)
Get Hurt (10)

Sink or Swim (1)
Senor (3)
59 Sound (3)
American Slang (3)
Handwritten (4)
Get Hurt (6)

So a little more balanced, other than SoS, but also a much shorter set. He also said the crowd was going nuts over Handwritten songs more than anything else there too, so idk! I'm glad people like it, and I don't hate it, it's just my least favorite of all their albums.

I'd love to hear Orphans. Looking at a check-list of all the Gaslight songs I have not heard live yet, AS is the album that I have the most un-heard songs off of. *edit* Oh, I take that back... Get Hurt wins, but that was just released, so...

That checklist is quite long for me! Thankfully for me, the Get Hurt songs (aside from Halloween) they skipped in KC were the only ones I didn't mind missing (though I did get an extra, seeing Selected Poems pre show). I think SoS is the album with the most I want to see--though that shouldn't be surprising considering KC is the only Gaslight show I've been to!
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 2:43 am

Wow, I'm really surprised at the non-love for American Slang! Me and my brother agree that it's their best album. (My personal ranking of best to "worst" goes AS, 59 Sound, Get Hurt, Handwritten, Sink or Swim). I went up to New York city last week and I killed that album all the way there. It ended when we were coming through the Lincoln Tunnel so I flipped it back to American Slang (the song) and it was playing as we came out of the tunnel and saw NYC for the very first time.

My ideal show would be very 59 Sound heavy since that one's my favorite, and there's a bunch of Sink or Swim tracks I'd love to hear live. 1930 would've been awesome the other night, but I thought the setlist was great anyhow. If they played everything I wanted to hear, they'd be up there for four hours. Razz
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 4:47 am

Rose1991 wrote:
Wow, I'm really surprised at the non-love for American Slang! Me and my brother agree that it's their best album. (My personal ranking of best to "worst" goes AS, 59 Sound, Get Hurt, Handwritten, Sink or Swim). I went up to New York city last week and I killed that album all the way there. It ended when we were coming through the Lincoln Tunnel so I flipped it back to American Slang (the song) and it was playing as we came out of the tunnel and saw NYC for the very first time.

My ideal show would be very 59 Sound heavy since that one's my favorite, and there's a bunch of Sink or Swim tracks I'd love to hear live. 1930 would've been awesome the other night, but I thought the setlist was great anyhow. If they played everything I wanted to hear, they'd be up there for four hours. Razz

The more and more I read or talk about this, the more and more I realize how different everyone's rankings of GA's albums are (and that my AS dismissal was incorrect). Though it seems 59 Sound is the most frequent "favorite" (I suspect because it was the album that introduced so many people to GA), everyone seems to have widely varying opinions. Hell, my rankings would probably be nearly opposite of yours!
Back to top Go down
pwm112
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 8:14 am

Re Pittsburgh Stage AE show

Can someone who has seen them multiple times on this tour help me. I thought this was one of the best shows I have ever seen from them. 28 song setlist. 3 B-sides from Get Hurt including Mamas Boys added to setlist via twitter request. Divorce/Diner first for me. The Matt Ryan cameo. I thought this was one of the best shows I have ever got from them. I thought the band and Brian sounded amazing that night. But am curious how it ranks to other shows from the tour?
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 9:38 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
CutToRibbons wrote:

Sink or Swim (2)
Senor (1)
59 Sound (5)
American Slang (1)
Handwritten (5)
Get Hurt (10)

Sink or Swim (1)
Senor (3)
59 Sound (3)
American Slang (3)
Handwritten (4)
Get Hurt (6)

That checklist is quite long for me! Thankfully for me, the Get Hurt songs (aside from Halloween) they skipped in KC were the only ones I didn't mind missing (though I did get an extra, seeing Selected Poems pre show). I think SoS is the album with the most I want to see--though that shouldn't be surprising considering KC is the only Gaslight show I've been to!

Really wish I could have made the pre-show, would have been worth it for hearing Selected Poems. That and Have Mercy are my two favorites off the new album. Helter Skeleton is my least favorite, though it's not quite as bad live.. still would've traded it for Ain't That a Shame and then worked Dark Places and Break Your Heart in there. Haha. We should start a post on songs you most want to hear live, unless there is one already. Or checklists of what people have/haven't heard live. I'm sure those who have been to a lot of shows only have a handful they haven't heard, if any.
Back to top Go down
dmwhalen
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 9:59 pm

spokes wrote:
I posted about this last week but I taped the Nashville show. I think it sounds decent compared to the loudness/sound of the venue. Recording is up for download here: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=575773

Sample download of "45":
Code:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/o843bc

The Gaslight Anthem
10-08-2014
Marathon Music Works
Nashville, TN

Taper: Chris Drews

Source: Neumann AK40 > LC3 > km100(DINa, ~12') > UA-5 (w-mod) > IRiver iHP-120 (Rockbox)

Conversion: IRiver iHP-120 > USB > MacBook > Sound Studio 3.5.7 > xACT 1.64 > FLAC

01 - Intro - 02:05
02 - Stay Vicious - 03:30
03 - Handwritten - 03:59
04 - 45 - 03:23
05 - Old Haunts - 05:03
06 - Helter Skeleton - 03:13
07 - We Came to Dance - 03:52
08 - Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis? - 03:33
09 - Stray Paper - 05:46
10 - Mama's Boys - 03:35
11 - Old White Lincoln - 04:42
12 - Even Cowgirls Get the Blues - 04:10
13 - Selected Poems - 04:10
14 - The Diamond Church Street Choir - 04:34
15 - Mulholland Drive - 03:54
16 - 1,000 Years - 03:37
17 - Get Hurt - 03:50
18 - Have Mercy - 03:15
19 - Dark Places - 06:32
Encore:
20 - The '59 Sound - 03:21
21 - Wooderson - 02:45
22 - Sweet Morphine - 04:18
23 - We're Getting a Divorce, You Keep the Diner - 04:10

Total: [1:31:17]

compiled by Chris Drews on 10-19-14

Nice tape.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US/Canada Tour 2014
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next