DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US/Canada Tour 2014

Go down 
+85
Rose1991
Woody
redheadchick
spokes
dmwhalen
abw123
NervousFeetHeartofStone
Yozzy
Jack
MacysDayMar
brunswick18
eagles1139
MKULTRA
BKO5950505
bigbug
NotLikeWeBleed
pepperedham
jensomniac
big blue
michaelphillips
shredderrrrrr
borrowedcar
TGAFAN25
AndWithTheWindowDown
Lastoftheindependents
Smasha13
DeathoftheCool
BSouls97
wedidwhenyoung
JukeboxJuliet
Harbortown
AngryRyan
Forum Owner
prettyontheinsidex
riversedge
jdc
CasanovaBaby90
MustangSally
JacksSmirkingRevenge
TheContender
33RPMHero
knuckles
onbackstreetsinbackseats
lol_paul_ledoux
jonnyz83
moosicmaniac
SouthJerseyTGA
macci
infoghost
pleasepassthesoup
SirBrad
Velocity
TGA30
bradleyjp
cmigs
ACA
turnitin2004
redskynight
GlennR
colmillionaire
njguy99
Rizz
Zach_Edelman
ral
The Last Jukebox Romeo
miked331
Christophe
Shrewsbury_Stars
LuceroDiehard
Jaws
matkins
NeverTrustAJunkie
mingus
enola
Anya_TGA
sjoy89
StitchesOnTheRadio
flannel
zerb012345
bt211
jonester
Unorthadox1080
Debonair
bootime
rated_r_67
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 8:02 pm

IDK how anyone could not like Underneath the ground live. I think that comes off as so different than most stuff they do, and interesting change of pace, a fun song with a cool feel. I thought all the new stuff sounded excellent.

Only complaint is as always, 5 CDs guys, biggest show you've ever done. Play 2 hours not 90-100 minutes.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 8:26 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
colmillionaire wrote:
Those new songs besides Rollin' and Tumblin' and Get Hurt did not transfer well last night, in fact I was pretty bored whenever they played anything from GH. However the reimagining of the old songs worked very well, especially Wooderson and 1930. It has been over a year since I had seen them last, and if last night is any indication, they are continuing on in a direction that I have 0 interest in. It was cool to see them in a big place for about 10 minutes. I also feel like they played this show super safe. Ah well, guess I'll wait for the next tour to see who is support is, which is the main reason to catch TGA nowadays.

Oh man, let the negativity flow through yoU!

They CRUSHED it at 9:30 club and thus far all the reviews of the other shows seem to be VERY positive... If the era you're yearning for is gone, you don't have to go to the shows.... But I'd love to lock arms and sing Blue Jeans with ya.

Gaslight rocks Smile

US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Tumblr_inline_mkxp06Bs4v1qz4rgp

He comes out on one far end of the spectrum and you come out on the other. Everyone is looking for different things out of a show. You're probably right that no one would say the band didn't "sound" good - both mix and performance - but it's certainly not invalid to express some of the thoughts above. Obviously, not to the degree he did - but I found the new songs to be somewhat boring too (and I actually am not sure I agree with him on the "reimagining" of the old songs, either - I thought they sounded more generically mid-tempo than they used to). You are correct though that he isn't being forced to go to the shows, haha.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 8:36 pm

My recap: http://www.examiner.com/article/concert-recap-the-gaslight-anthem-plays-hometown-gig-at-pnc-bank-arts-center

Just the photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/sets/72157647656191935/

I'm super proud of them. It was a total joy to see them on the same bill as Jimmy Eat World and Against Me! was great. So I've got no complaints!

I'm especially excited when they play new songs because I like them and it's ok to have a break from older songs because it makes me appreciate them more. Fine if you don't feel that way. But I mean, hopefully you aren't expecting them to focus on the old stuff at the shows when they have a new album to promote.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 5:20 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CuX8kcqRhA

2:44- the cheer for Cookman cheers
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 6:32 pm

Yup, no one is forcing me to go to shows. It was super tempting since I won a ticket on here and I was 45 minutes away. But it is my opinion, and it is not effecting you in any way. Enjoy the rest of the tour if you are attending. Just not my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 7:31 pm

The great thing about that line in the big lebowski is that it's used in a situation where someone usually wouldn't say that.
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 8:58 am

Only five hours of sleep for me tonight but I am still floating on a "concert high" from last night. Had an absolutely awesome time. The sound and lights were excellent and there was just such a great vibe overall.
I did the preshow package and I loved that too. It was cool to be inside the venue before the actual opening and very much enjoyed the acoustic set and Brian's stories in between. I definitely recommend doing it once on the tour.
I would have loved to hear Dark Places and Rollin and Tumblin as well but mostly blaming my job for not allowing me to go to last week's shows rather than last night's setlist. With all the material they have now it's just not possible to get all my favorites on any given night any longer.
Brian also mentioned during the preshow that based on the feedback from the first few shows they tried to put together a setlist that combined a little bit from all the records and wasn't too heavy on the new material.
The openers played strong sets as well. I had never heard the first band before and was surprised how good they were.
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 11:09 am

bt211 wrote:
Only five hours of sleep for me tonight but I am still floating on a "concert high" from last night. Had an absolutely awesome time. The sound and lights were excellent and there was just such a great vibe overall.
I did the preshow package and I loved that too. It was cool to be inside the venue before the actual opening and very much enjoyed the acoustic set and Brian's stories in between. I definitely recommend doing it once on the tour.
I would have loved to hear Dark Places and Rollin and Tumblin as well but mostly blaming my job for not allowing me to go to last week's shows rather than last night's setlist. With all the material they have now it's just not possible to get all my favorites on any given night any longer.
Brian also mentioned during the preshow that based on the feedback from the first few shows they tried to put together a setlist that combined a little bit from all the records and wasn't too heavy on the new material.
The openers played strong sets as well. I had never heard the first band before and was surprised how good they were.

interesting that brian addressed it. hopefully they do break your heart and dark places in atlanta
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 12:51 pm

bt211 wrote:

Damn, what a shame, I liked the set being heavy on the new material...
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 1:30 pm

bootime wrote:

Damn, what a shame, I liked the set being heavy on the new material...

Ditto.

Thought maybe they tailored last night's setlist to be more well rounded because of the stream (wider, maybe newer audience). Huh.

Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Regarding the setlist, he also said he welcomes tweets about what songs we want to hear as long as it's constructive.
I love to hear the new songs too but the pre Get Hurt songs definitely prompted the more vocal response from the crowd, just because the crowd wasn't that familiar with the new material yet.
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 9:05 pm

A few pictures from last night

US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 15085975799_98f2512761_z

US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 15249724796_6dab9e7028_z

US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 15085979939_c016052680_b

US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 15269610161_5a860a1caa_z

US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 15085980659_f7dc01f36f_z
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 11:55 pm

Finally home from my week long, 5 show run. I won't go into a mile long recap but here's some thoughts on the tour so far...

-The lights are SO COOL but if you're in the front, they will blast you in the eyes during stay vicious.
-The pre-show is good and seems to get better each night (I only did philly so I can't say for sure)
-twopointeight is AWESOME. I bought their new album right after night 1 and I've had it on repeat ever since. They're really cool guys too. My friends and I had the pleasure of buying a few of the guys some beers.
-Against Me! was also awesome. Jimmy Eat World didn't seem to really "fit" with a Gaslight show.
-Everything is running REALLY on time, even early sometimes? (except the pre-shows which average a half hour late) It's really nice. Even the break between the main set and the encore has gotten more reasonable.  
-There's been a good amount of set list variation, and the last couple shows weren't very Get Hurt heavy because I guess people complained about that? I don't know why.

That's about it that hasn't been said already (and if some of this was said already, oops). I'm gonna go take a nap now. It's been an exhausting week!

Last edited by StitchesOnTheRadio on Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 11:32 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Finally home from my week long, 5 show run. I won't go into a mile long recap but here's some thoughts on the tour so far...

-The lights are SO COOL but if you're in the front, they will blast you in the eyes during stay vicious.
-The pre-show is good and seems to get better each night (I only did philly so I can't say for sure)
-twopointeight is AWESOME. I bought their new album right after night 1 and I've had it on repeat ever since. They're really cool guys too. My friends and I had the pleasure of buying a few of the guys some beers.
-Against Me! was also awesome. Jimmy Eat World didn't seem to really "fit" with a Gaslight show.
-Everything is running REALLY on time, even early sometimes? (except the pre-shows which average a half hour late) It's really nice. Even the break between the main set and the encore has gotten more reasonable.  
-There's been a good amount of set list variation, and the last couple shows were very Get Hurt heavy because I guess people complained about that? I don't know why.

That's about it that hasn't been said already (and if some of this was said already, oops). I'm gonna go take a nap now. It's been an exhausting week!

I was at the Boston show and my only regret is not picking up the twopointeight album. Pissed I have to wait till November to hear it, but those guys were rad. Completely forgot "This is Where We Part" was there song and to hear them play it was awesome.

Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 11:43 am

eagles1139 wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

-There's been a good amount of set list variation, and the last couple shows were very Get Hurt heavy because I guess people complained about that? I don't know why.

I was at the Boston show and my only regret is not picking up the twopointeight album. Pissed I have to wait till November to hear it, but those guys were rad. Completely forgot "This is Where We Part" was there song and to hear them play it was awesome.

Yeah, I thought they were pretty decent. Maybe it was just because they're a Swedish punk band, but did anyone else think they kinda sounded like a harder version of Millencolin?
Back to top Go down
brunswick18
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
brunswick18

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 7:04 pm

Was at the Buffalo show last night, it was a great show. The highlight for me was they performed Mae, which was excellent hearing live. Also, Even cowgirls get the blues was particularly good. During the show, someone, not sure who, popped out from backstage with a unicorn mask on... it was quite random. Brian said they found a Minotaur in the basement.

One thing that got me a little upset was during one of Brian's banters, he was talking about boardwalk empire and atlantic city and was about to go into more of what he appreciates from 'home' but then the crowd started the Buffalo Bills chant... interrupting Brian. When someone finally explained to Brian what the chant was, Brian sarcastically said how pumped he was and that now they'll play the most rocking song they have, saying he feels like Nickelback. Then Brian goes "no we'll play the slowest song we have" and they played Have Mercy, which is a beautiful song especially live.

also Brian was saying once again how obsessed he is with that 'rude' song and started to sing a little snippet of it and also explaining it to the crow, all the while Alex R was shaking his head

something else that was interesting was that the last song of the encore was 59 sound, no Baba O'Riley
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 8:36 pm

brunswick18 wrote:
Was at the Buffalo show last night, it was a great show. The highlight for me was they performed Mae, which was excellent hearing live. Also, Even cowgirls get the blues was particularly good. During the show, someone, not sure who, popped out from backstage with a unicorn mask on... it was quite random. Brian said they found a Minotaur in the basement.

There's a window to the side, looking down at the stage at House of Blues Boston. Pretty sure it's a green room, because Gaslight was watching Against Me! from there. But anyway, saw that same person in a unicorn mask in that window the other night. Very odd.
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 9:25 pm

Barresi wrote:
brunswick18 wrote:

There's a window to the side, looking down at the stage at House of Blues Boston. Pretty sure it's a green room, because Gaslight was watching Against Me! from there. But anyway, saw that same person in a unicorn mask in that window the other night. Very odd.

I could be wrong but I think you are talking about the horse masks they sell at Newbury Comics in Boston. I saw somebody wearing it on Tuesday as well but I am so used to it by now it didn't strike me as unusual. They are just for fun, people get a kick out of it.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 1:25 am

brunswick18 wrote:
Was at the Buffalo show last night, it was a great show. The highlight for me was they performed Mae, which was excellent hearing live....

I go to 5 shows and at the 6th one they play Mae Rolling Eyes. Not that I really get to complain because I saw some amazing shows but....ugh. But I'm glad to see they're continuing to dramatically change up the set list night to night!
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 1:30 am

bt211 wrote:
Barresi wrote:
brunswick18 wrote:

I could be wrong but I think you are talking about the horse masks they sell at Newbury Comics in Boston. I saw somebody wearing it on Tuesday as well but I am so used to it by now it didn't strike me as unusual. They are just for fun, people get a kick out of it.

Oh yeah, it is one of those. It was funny, I just didn't know why someone would want to watch the show with it on.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 8:35 am

Glad to see twopointeight get some good attention...they are an awesome band.
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 5:13 pm

Will I see any fellow DSS tonight at the Toronto show? I'm going with a friend from first year university who I got in to Gaslight.
Back to top Go down
Lastoftheindependents
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Lastoftheindependents

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 7:17 pm

CasanovaBaby90 wrote:
Will I see any fellow DSS tonight at the Toronto show? I'm going with a friend from first year university who I got in to Gaslight.

I wish I'd seen this earlier!

What a great show. I think that last night was the best performance I've seen from them.
Northcote was perfect. Great guy, really humble. Had the chance to talk with him a bit and he's so genuinely nice. His set was great and I definitely consider myself a fan.
Against Me was okay. Crowd was a little too moshy for my liking, but I'm a real pansy when it comes to mob mentality. I enjoyed them from the safety of the bar haha. Vocals were on point until the last few songs and instrumentals were tight throughout.
GASLIGHT - I admit that I'm so totally biased when it comes to them, but holy god did they ever put on a show. Lights were amazing, sound was perfect. So in love with all the boys like usual, but there was something about Benny's sound last night that was just unbelievable in the best way possible. My jaw dropped so many times just watching him. There was this total shift in atmosphere when Gaslight came out...like people just became so much more friendly and I felt safe being at the front of the crowd which NEVER happens haha. There was a perfect mix of songs from each album, but a definite focus on Get Hurt. Great transitions from song to song too...made for a really smooth set. I almost fainted when they played Blue Dahlia, that one came out of left field. Would've liked to hear a bit more of Brian talking between songs but c'est la vie.

Overall, fantastic night and I'll say again that they sounded the best I've ever heard them sound.
Back to top Go down
MacysDayMar
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MacysDayMar

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 6:01 am

Went to Detroit tonight (or last night, whatever) and loved it! We got a nice mix of old and new (Ain't That A Shame was the most notable "WHOA, didn't expect that one" in regard to Get Hurt songs) and they seem to love playing Once Upon A Time whenever they're here, so we got that again. I think my first Gaslight show will always be my favorite because it was really long and threw a lot of curveballs, but I think the crowd was giving off a lot of good energy tonight and that made it super fun (I think it was better than the second time I saw the band).

It was kind of hard for me to hear Brian talking between the songs from where I was standing, but I do share his sadness about how the iPod Classic is no longer being made ... we just want our simple iPods!

Against Me! was really good, too. I didn't know a whole lot of their songs (and they only played a few of those songs I knew) but I still enjoyed them a whole lot. Came too late to see Twopointeight.

Back to top Go down
http://fairwayfrank.tumblr.com/
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 3:33 pm

I will stick with my iPod Classic until it dies!

I went to a few shows this past week and twopointeight were not at any of them! Slightly disappointed as people have been giving them good reviews after the shows. Maybe because Jimmy Eat World was on the bill for 2 of them? But I was sure they'd said they'd open at PNC? Brian said on stage they weren't at the Montréal show because of issues due to them being Swedish and complicated paperwork (or something to that effect).

Random: I happened to see one of the Simpsons prints up close and I loved it.

Anyway, I took photos in Montréal if anyone is interested:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/sets/72157647437273730/

Kind of obsessed with their lighting right now cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US/Canada Tour 2014
Page 12 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next