DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US/Canada Tour 2014

Go down 
+85
Rose1991
Woody
redheadchick
spokes
dmwhalen
abw123
NervousFeetHeartofStone
Yozzy
Jack
MacysDayMar
brunswick18
eagles1139
MKULTRA
BKO5950505
bigbug
NotLikeWeBleed
pepperedham
jensomniac
big blue
michaelphillips
shredderrrrrr
borrowedcar
TGAFAN25
AndWithTheWindowDown
Lastoftheindependents
Smasha13
DeathoftheCool
BSouls97
wedidwhenyoung
JukeboxJuliet
Harbortown
AngryRyan
Forum Owner
prettyontheinsidex
riversedge
jdc
CasanovaBaby90
MustangSally
JacksSmirkingRevenge
TheContender
33RPMHero
knuckles
onbackstreetsinbackseats
lol_paul_ledoux
jonnyz83
moosicmaniac
SouthJerseyTGA
macci
infoghost
pleasepassthesoup
SirBrad
Velocity
TGA30
bradleyjp
cmigs
ACA
turnitin2004
redskynight
GlennR
colmillionaire
njguy99
Rizz
Zach_Edelman
ral
The Last Jukebox Romeo
miked331
Christophe
Shrewsbury_Stars
LuceroDiehard
Jaws
matkins
NeverTrustAJunkie
mingus
enola
Anya_TGA
sjoy89
StitchesOnTheRadio
flannel
zerb012345
bt211
jonester
Unorthadox1080
Debonair
bootime
rated_r_67
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
abw123
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 1:10 pm

I was there. Mama's Boys was great. Brian said they were a little nervous to play it but I thought it came out great. No harmonica.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 5:16 pm

US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Screen10
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 11:57 am

This might be a strange question, but for those of you that have been to shows already this tour and have stood in general admission, how has your experience been? Has it been particularly rough? I only ask because I'm taking my wife to the show and, while she loves Gaslight Anthem and wants to be close to the stage, she is afraid the crowd will get too "rough" for her, mainly considering Against Me are opening (who we both love as well, but certainly put on a more aggressive show). As a point of reference, she has gone to plenty of Hold Steady shows without complaints.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 11:58 am

First Mama's Boys live vid
Back to top Go down
NervousFeetHeartofStone
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:02 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
This might be a strange question, but for those of you that have been to shows already this tour and have stood in general admission, how has your experience been? Has it been particularly rough? I only ask because I'm taking my wife to the show and, while she loves Gaslight Anthem and wants to be close to the stage, she is afraid the crowd will get too "rough" for her, mainly considering Against Me are opening (who we both love as well, but certainly put on a more aggressive show). As a point of reference, she has gone to plenty of Hold Steady shows without complaints.

I actually found the Toronto show full of douches, to my surprise. During Against Me! it was fine, but seemed like the dickheads pulled out all the stops for Gaslight. Granted, they were probably outliers, but I was with my girlfriend (we're 21) and I didn't feel comfortable most of the show. Seems like the front and back are fine, as front is hardcore, good fans, and back is the people who don't want to be squished elbow to elbow. Seemed to me the middle was the worst. Jerks who don't put in time to be in front, but try to force their way in anyway, instead winding up in the middle and being belligerent anyway.

I don't know if its any different in the States, but I've been to 2 Against Me! shows in the past 2 months in Canada, and both times, the crowds were great. There will always be a pit, just avoid it.
Back to top Go down
abw123
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:04 pm

Same here. Small pit up front and center. Just avoid it.
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:21 pm

NervousFeetHeartofStone wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:

I actually found the Toronto show full of douches, to my surprise. During Against Me! it was fine, but seemed like the dickheads pulled out all the stops for Gaslight. Granted, they were probably outliers, but I was with my girlfriend (we're 21) and I didn't feel comfortable most of the show. Seems like the front and back are fine, as front is hardcore, good fans, and back is the people who don't want to be squished elbow to elbow. Seemed to me the middle was the worst. Jerks who don't put in time to be in front, but try to force their way in anyway, instead winding up in the middle and being belligerent anyway.

I don't know if its any different in the States, but I've been to 2 Against Me! shows in the past 2 months in Canada, and both times, the crowds were great. There will always be a pit, just avoid it.

Thanks for the advice! I'm pretty sure the venue we're seeing them at has a balcony, so we might try to just get front row up there. The last thing I want is for her to have a bad first Gaslight Anthem experience because she's getting elbowed in the face all night.
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:46 pm

abw123 wrote:
I was there. Mama's Boys was great. Brian said they were a little nervous to play it but I thought it came out great. No harmonica.

eagles1139 wrote:

First Mama's Boys live vid

Thanks for your take and the video guys! BF's vocals were perfect on the ACL performance.

A festival setting is an interesting place for a second go at it...have always imagined this song as a tipsy bar-room send-off (perhaps end of a regular indoor set, small venue). Not complaining, just observing - glad they played/are playing it! One never knows when or even if some bonus tracks will ever get played live (*cough/Teenage Rebellion/cough*).
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 1:16 pm

Even in the recording it seems like the first couple lines in Mama's Boys are unfinished, like there's no real melody there that makes any sense
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 3:51 pm

My experience over the years is that front row off to the side is generally ok, while front row middle is always the worst. Having said that, there have been shows where nothing at all is going on anywhere in the front. But 9 times out of 10, the troublemakers head for the center. I figure it's cus they want the singer to notice them.

My advice: if you're at all worried about nonsense, just go for the balcony.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 3:55 am

shredderrrrrr wrote:

Honestly, I think it's a crap-shoot. My advice, stay out of the middle like others have said. Front and Center gets the most crushed, Middle and center is where the pit usually forms. If you get on the barricade but off to the side, you should be fine, especially if you're in front either Alex and over (like between that Alex and the wall).

But in my experience so far this tour, it hasn't been too bad even a bit more center than that. I don't usually get to pay attention during Great Expectations because of too many crowd surfers and dangerous amounts of crushing, but I got to this tour, multiple times. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do!

Oh, and I found the crowd to be generally "a bit" rougher during Against Me!'s sets than Gaslight's, so if you can tough that out, you're golden. They weren't too bad though.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 11:12 am

I agree with Shelby. The Against Me crowd is going to be rougher, but it's generally towards the center of the crowd. I've been barricade in front of both Alexes, and I was just fine. It really depends on the city you are in as well.
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 4:08 pm

Anyone heading to KC next week? Will be my first show since 2012. Buddy that went to Tulsa said to stay on the sides as well, so that's the plan.
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 5:01 pm

TheContender wrote:
Anyone heading to KC next week?  Will be my first show since 2012.  Buddy that went to Tulsa said to stay on the sides as well, so that's the plan.

That's the one I'm going to! Have you ever been to Uptown Theatre?
Back to top Go down
dmwhalen
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 8:16 pm

Hopefully we get more December dates:

http://patriotcenter.monumentalnetwork.com/articles/dc101-holiday-concert
Back to top Go down
spokes
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 12:12 pm

Great show last night in Nashville. I audio taped the show and will have it up for download soon if anyone is interested.

Stay Vicious
Handwritten
Old Haunts
Helter Skeleton
We Came to Dance
Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?
Stray Paper
Mama's Boys
Old White Lincoln
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
Selected Poems
The Diamond Church Street Choir
Mulholland Drive
1,000 Years
Get Hurt
Have Mercy
Dark Places

Encore:

The '59 Sound
Wooderson
Sweet Morphine
We're Getting a Divorce, You Keep the Diner

Last edited by spokes on Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 12:17 pm

spokes wrote:
Great show last night in Nashville. I audio taped the show and will have it up for download soon if anyone is interested.

Amazing show last night...excited to hear your recording!!!

This was my 4th show since I got into them in 2010 and was my favorite...great song selection and they seemed to be enjoying it...pre-show was fun as well (finally got to hear Halloween!!).

Hope to catch them again next year..
Back to top Go down
spokes
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 12:19 pm

I do wish they would play more than 2 songs from 59 Sound but I know this is the "Get Hurt" tour..
Back to top Go down
bigbug
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 1:46 pm

spokes wrote:

Can't wait to hear your recording! At this rate, it might be one of the few on this tour so it's definitely appreciated. Huge thank you in advance!

Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 5:22 pm

spokes wrote:

That would be a great addition to the ARML! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 5:53 pm

Is it just me, or are they really mixing up the setlist each night? I mean, many of the songs are remaining the same, but they are changing a lot. Every setlist I see gets me excited about certain additions (i.e. We're Getting a Divorce and Mullholland) and then surprised about certain omissions (Rollin and Tumblin, Blue Jeans, etc.).
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 5:54 pm

Also, do they play We're Getting a Divorce much? One of my all time favorites. Hadn't seen it on many setlists but seeing it above has got me cautiously excited for next week!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 6:29 pm

spokes wrote:
I do wish they would play more than 2 songs from 59 Sound but I know this is the "Get Hurt" tour..

They actually played 3 if that set list is accurate. And no Great Expectations  cheers  Personally, I'm jumping for joy that they've finally stopped going 59 Sound heavy every show. I love that album but they've got 4 other albums and an EP of great songs to choose from, many of which hardly get played!  

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Also, do they play We're Getting a Divorce much? One of my all time favorites. Hadn't seen it on many setlists but seeing it above has got me cautiously excited for next week!

Seems like they're varying it a decent amount. Certain songs will appear for like 3-4 shows and then fade out again, and they're mixing up what's getting played off Get Hurt, which is cool (although I really wish R&T would never leave the set list).
Diner does NOT get played all that much, in my experience. I've heard it once, MAYBE twice I think? I am so thrilled they've been closing with it. Fingers crossed they play it in Pittsburgh! It's one of my favorites too!
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 6:32 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:

it's also one of my favorites, I hope they will also play it in Europe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 2:07 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

shredderrrrrr wrote:

Seems like they're varying it a decent amount. Certain songs will appear for like 3-4 shows and then fade out again, and they're mixing up what's getting played off Get Hurt, which is cool (although I really wish R&T would never leave the set list).
Diner does NOT get played all that much, in my experience. I've heard it once, MAYBE twice I think? I am so thrilled they've been closing with it. Fingers crossed they play it in Pittsburgh! It's one of my favorites too!

Agreed on R&T. Surprised of all the songs to take out from Get Hurt they are choosing that one. Not only is it one of the singles, but I imagine it translating well live. Such a fantastic song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US/Canada Tour 2014
Page 14 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next