DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US/Canada Tour 2014

Go down 
+85
Rose1991
Woody
redheadchick
spokes
dmwhalen
abw123
NervousFeetHeartofStone
Yozzy
Jack
MacysDayMar
brunswick18
eagles1139
MKULTRA
BKO5950505
bigbug
NotLikeWeBleed
pepperedham
jensomniac
big blue
michaelphillips
shredderrrrrr
borrowedcar
TGAFAN25
AndWithTheWindowDown
Lastoftheindependents
Smasha13
DeathoftheCool
BSouls97
wedidwhenyoung
JukeboxJuliet
Harbortown
AngryRyan
Forum Owner
prettyontheinsidex
riversedge
jdc
CasanovaBaby90
MustangSally
JacksSmirkingRevenge
TheContender
33RPMHero
knuckles
onbackstreetsinbackseats
lol_paul_ledoux
jonnyz83
moosicmaniac
SouthJerseyTGA
macci
infoghost
pleasepassthesoup
SirBrad
Velocity
TGA30
bradleyjp
cmigs
ACA
turnitin2004
redskynight
GlennR
colmillionaire
njguy99
Rizz
Zach_Edelman
ral
The Last Jukebox Romeo
miked331
Christophe
Shrewsbury_Stars
LuceroDiehard
Jaws
matkins
NeverTrustAJunkie
mingus
enola
Anya_TGA
sjoy89
StitchesOnTheRadio
flannel
zerb012345
bt211
jonester
Unorthadox1080
Debonair
bootime
rated_r_67
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 10:18 am

pwm112 wrote:
Re Pittsburgh Stage AE show

Can someone who has seen them multiple times on this tour help me.  I thought this was one of the best shows I have ever seen from them.  28 song setlist.  3 B-sides from Get Hurt including Mamas Boys added to setlist via twitter request.  Divorce/Diner first for me.  The Matt Ryan cameo.  I thought this was one of the best shows I have ever got from them.  I thought the band and Brian sounded amazing that night. But am curious how it ranks to other shows from the tour?

I was there on Friday...and it's my 8th time seeing them..first time was 4 years ago...so I have some history...And for me personally, it was a great great show...Probably best show but tied with the time I saw them in St Louis at the Firebird with about 400 people...they killed it that night, and I thought they were superb on Friday.  So, you're not loony, thinking it was great. In the big picture, it was one of their best.  I'm still hoarse from singing so loud.  And the setlist was damn near perfect for me..Blue Dahlia. Dark Places. Halloween. 59S. She Loves You. Lincoln. Patient Ferris Wheel.  (selfish me wants to hear 1930, great expectations, and Backseats...but I understand taking them out of the rotation).  

And you know, I almost never hear Boxer or spirit of Jazz...two great ones off AS.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 4:53 pm

Pittsburgh on Friday was the first time I saw them, but it was the best concert I've ever been to. Granted I haven't see a whole lot of artists because I usually stick to my favorites (Soul Asylum 12 times, Goo Goo Dolls 6 times) but I've NEVER had that much fun at a Goo Goo Dolls show, not even the one where Johnny Rzeznik wished me a happy birthday. Incredible show. So much fun. Can't wait for next time. <3
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 6:44 pm

Oh, and one of my favorite moments of the night was when this guy was crowd surfing to "Get Hurt" (why would you crowd surf to that song?) and the security guard dropped him. It was too ironic not to laugh.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 8:22 pm

pwm112 wrote:
Re Pittsburgh Stage AE show

Can someone who has seen them multiple times on this tour help me.  I thought this was one of the best shows I have ever seen from them.  28 song setlist.  3 B-sides from Get Hurt including Mamas Boys added to setlist via twitter request.  Divorce/Diner first for me.  The Matt Ryan cameo.  I thought this was one of the best shows I have ever got from them.  I thought the band and Brian sounded amazing that night. But am curious how it ranks to other shows from the tour?

I went to the first 5 shows of the tour and then Pitt. And while I'd far from call Pitt even a mediocre show, let alone bad, it was probably my least favorite of the 6. Mostly because there was WAY too much bass and that drives me nuts and takes me out of it a bit. Also, I think the show just slowed down too much for most of the middle. There were some fast songs but they weren't back to back so there was never really any momentum there. Don't get me wrong, slow can be good, but it can also drag a bit. It didn't help that they chose such a late point in the set to break for the encore. None of this makes it a "bad" show but the first 5 were better, in my opinion. Mama's Boys though...that was a treat Very Happy (and it wasn't a twitter request my friend shouted for it).

But if you had a blast, then who cares what others think of it in comparison to the rest of the tour! right?
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 8:41 pm

YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH BASS!! NEVER!! lol.

Honestly though, I didn't personally notice too much, but I guess different people hear different things. Smile

Ok I need to stop editing this post over and over. Razz
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 11:21 pm

Rose1991 wrote:

Honestly though, I didn't personally notice too much, but I guess different people hear different things. Smile

You can ABSOLUTELY have too much bass and it mucks up everything! Haha. This is not the first time they've had this issue but it was the first time in awhile.
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 11:54 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Rose1991 wrote:

You can ABSOLUTELY have too much bass and it mucks up everything! Haha. This is not the first time they've had this issue but it was the first time in awhile.

The number of times I have said, "Wow, there is way too much bass"? Hundreds.

The number of times I have said, "Wow, they need to turn the bass up"? Never.
Back to top Go down
pwm112
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 2:05 pm

I did not notice the bass - at all

I judging shows I always look at the setlist and crowd energy first and how the band specifically sounded that night after that.  Pittsburgh was a great setlist (for me) crowd energy was less than desired and band sounded great.  

I will say this about the energy it is getting a little harder for the crowd to sustain it for the full show IMO.  There is much more Brian talking between song than I ever remember.  Stay Vicious is a good song and appropriate opener, but the slower chorus slows up the crowd right at the start.  The reworked Elvis sound great - but is much slower and less energy.   The interludes in OWL and Diamond Street slow up the show.  And with Get Hurt, Have Mercy, Mama Boys, Underneath the Ground, and Halloween becoming staples with Blue Jeans and She Loves you still in the main set rotation, there is a lot more quality songs that slow up the crowd than before.

Where it is intentional or not, I don't see as many of those 5-6 song stretches of 45>Ferris Wheel>Dancc>Elvis (old version)>Wooderson>Film Noir that insure the crowd is at a fever pitch.  Or opening stretches like High Lonesome>OWL>Expectations>Woody that will for sure have the crowd moving.

It might be intentional or just what the catalog dictates at this point and I think they are probably trying to save Brians voice a little.  Or I might just be overthinking this.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 8:19 pm

pwm112 wrote:
I did not notice the bass - at all

I judging shows I always look at the setlist and crowd energy first and how the band specifically sounded that night after that.  Pittsburgh was a great setlist (for me) crowd energy was less than desired and band sounded great.  

I will say this about the energy it is getting a little harder for the crowd to sustain it for the full show IMO.  There is much more Brian talking between song than I ever remember.  Stay Vicious is a good song and appropriate opener, but the slower chorus slows up the crowd right at the start.  The reworked Elvis sound great - but is much slower and less energy.   The interludes in OWL and Diamond Street slow up the show.  And with Get Hurt, Have Mercy, Mama Boys, Underneath the Ground, and Halloween becoming staples with Blue Jeans and She Loves you still in the main set rotation, there is a lot more quality songs that slow up the crowd than before.

Where it is intentional or not, I don't see as many of those 5-6 song stretches of 45>Ferris Wheel>Dancc>Elvis (old version)>Wooderson>Film Noir that insure the crowd is at a fever pitch.  Or opening stretches like High Lonesome>OWL>Expectations>Woody that will for sure have the crowd moving.

It might be intentional or just what the catalog dictates at this point and I think they are probably trying to save Brians voice a little.  Or I might just be overthinking this.

Really? Not even during Get Hurt? Maybe I'm just super aware of too much bass because it's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I think you're dead on about the issue of maintaining energy in the crowd. My favorite show on this tour was DC night 2 because it went: Stay Vicious>Wooderson>Rollin' & Tumblin>Handwritten>Helter Skeleton>Film Noir.
Handwritten and Film Noir are arguably slower songs but when they're surrounded by fast ones, the energy never wavers. In Pitt, it was the opposite. Fast songs surrounded by slower ones. There was never any momentum. And you're right, these are quality songs, but maybe the order in which they're played matters even more than ever.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 4:52 pm

I am not sure but there were a few new US dates confirmed, weren't there? Can someone please list them here so we can edit the first post in this thread? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:47 am

All I know about for 2015 is Winter Jam on January 24th in Philly. I think it's like a mini festival.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 12:31 pm

Is anyone going to the show tonight at GMU in Fairfax, VA? I'm going to be there Smile
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 1:45 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
Is anyone going to the show tonight at GMU in Fairfax, VA? I'm going to be there Smile

Let us know how it is!

Was hoping they would add a few more shows around this one, but guess we'll have to wait for another go around in spring (hopefully?!)...
Back to top Go down
stiches570
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 10:25 am

US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Img_4210

Setlist for the the Fairfax show last night. 35 minute set opening for Rise Against and A Day to Remember. The band played great, but the majority of the crowd was clearly not too familiar with their music.
Back to top Go down
myoldmanshoes
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
myoldmanshoes

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 2:50 pm

stitches570 wrote:
Setlist for the the Fairfax show last night. 35 minute set opening for Rise Against and A Day to Remember. The band played great, but the majority of the crowd was clearly not too familiar with their music.

I was definitely bummed out by the crowd. Nobody around me was acting like they were even at a concert! I felt like an idiot singing and dancing along while everyone just stood there. However, they didnt even act like they noticed, they all seemed pretty happy up there. I thought that was awesome. I was honestly surprised that nobody knew them though.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 5:44 pm

Gaslight did the best they could with such a bad crowd.... They all went wild for their shitty screamo metal, but Gaslight's lyrics are just as emotional but delivered with subtlety and class.... I couldn't stand the next band or their fans lol Gaslight CRUSHED IT THOUGH.... Brian's voice was on point, they played the "hits" and sounded great.... Just not a receptive audience....

I'lll never go see a bunch of screamo garbage again... Couldn't even last until Rise Against...

Back to top Go down
myoldmanshoes
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
myoldmanshoes

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 9:30 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

I'lll never go see a bunch of screamo garbage again... Couldn't even last until Rise Against...

Thank god you said that. I was thinking that maybe I was weird or something for having utterly no interest in adtr, the way that people go nuts over them. This was my second time seeing them, (not voluntarily, both times as a support for Rise Against) and I was again just not into it. It seems so... phony or something. I was so disappointed in the change in audience from Gaslight to adtr. People were going nuts for them, after being completely blank for Gaslight.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 10:17 pm

I like the first song ADTR played (Downfall..."). I didn't think they were bad. I have seen them a couple times. And pretty sure I've seen one or two of them naked on the internet. But I digress.

Agree that the crowd was not too interested in Gaslight.

I stayed for Rise Against cus they're one of my favorite bands and they were great as usual.

Lol @ Brian addressing the fact the school's team sucked.
Back to top Go down
myoldmanshoes
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
myoldmanshoes

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 10:34 pm

Rise Against was great! One of my favorites also. They skipped out on Pittsburgh for their tour, and then announced they were finally coming, but with Lincoln Park... So I went to this in lieu of the Pittsburgh show. Overall it was a nice little event, some solid performances, I really liked it.
Back to top Go down
pwm112
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:20 am

Twin Atlantic was fine
The Eeries were all kinds of horrible
Manchester Orchestra was great in a short set
ADTR aint for me but they have the kind of crowd and energy that normally Gaslight has. If we could have combined the ADTR crowd with the Gaslight set, we would have really had something.
Rise Against was good and the crowd was really good.

Gaslight was great. Brian's voice sounded rested. Thought 1930 was highlight of the show - they seemed to have reworked the intro a bit. Was completely unsure what to do on the OWL break - I did not want to be screaming "you and your high-top sneakers..." with the like 4 other people who seemed to know what to do there - but Gaslight took care of that by coming in quick.

I think its hard when Gaslight is too smart for the audience. Still good night - hard to argue with MO TGA and Rise Against - even if you need to put up with some junk.
Back to top Go down
stiches570
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 12:58 pm

myoldmanshoes wrote:
Rise Against was great! One of my favorites also. They skipped out on Pittsburgh for their tour, and then announced they were finally coming, but with Lincoln Park... So I went to this in lieu of the Pittsburgh show. Overall it was a nice little event, some solid performances, I really liked it.

I love Rise Against too and their tour with LP is coming to Hershey near where I live, but there was no way I was paying to see them open for Linkin Park. So I was also ecstatic to see this show taking place. And to have Gaslight on board made it even better!

But yes, overall great performances, shitty crowd haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US/Canada Tour 2014
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17