DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in

 

 Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

Posts : 213
Join date : 2014-05-18
Age : 34
Location : Buenos Aires

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:24 am

No prob! Glad it worked now Smile
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender


Posts : 233
Join date : 2012-01-24
Age : 43
Location : Middletown, NJ

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:27 am

These songs are great! Hope we get to see more from them down the road.

Would love to go to the show but since it's FCFS not sure I'll be able to get there on time
Back to top Go down
aelliott88
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
aelliott88

Posts : 55
Join date : 2013-01-30
Age : 32
Location : Newcastle

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 10:28 am

Just downloaded, thanks for uploading, thats why this place is great!

The songs are brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Hasler09
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Hasler09

Posts : 56
Join date : 2013-12-31
Location : London

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 1:57 pm

just got in from work and it seems i missed out on the download Sad link seems to be down...anyone got another one please?
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

Posts : 519
Join date : 2012-12-19
Age : 24
Location : Southampton, England

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 2:01 pm

These songs really are fantastic....like seriously good. I can't help thinking that if this was released as a full length album of maybe 12 songs in a similar fashion, this would be up there for me with 59 and Elsie. Truly great, great stuff here. Worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Posts : 1330
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 28
Location : Luxembourg

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 6:33 pm

I love the album, its amazing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bermudanc94
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-05-16

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 8:19 pm

Teton'sBlame wrote:
Hey all,

So after listening to the Red Bull Session songs a bunch of times and checking out some lyric attempts here, I wrote down lyrics for all five songs from the session.  I'll post them below.  I'm pretty sure they're completely correct (from what was sung during this session) but if you think I need any corrections go ahead!

Long Drives
Listen to me
I know I never got much relief
I limped when I walked
S-s-stuttered to talk
and the achin’ was just part of me
Listen to me
I know all about agony
when they say that it hurts
more than anybody sees
With your heart cold in hand
and your heart on the beat

‘cause you married a man who lied to you love
But it wasn’t like that when he first picked you up.
When he drove you around and he bought you some flowers
Until something had changed and temperature soured

But I’m alright
Baby I don’t mind
I’ll get on just fine
On them long long drives
Call it a lie

Well whatever brings you back to life
We could turn it around we can drive it straight home
If you wanna be alone for the night
Whatever song you like

From The Souls to Mack the Knife
we could turn it around we can put the pedal down
With the rain beading up my love

'Cause you ache for a drug that’ll never be enough
You’re never gonna feel like when he first picked you up
when he drove you around, bought you powder and flowers
until the thrill was gone

but you said  
I’m alright
baby I don’t mind
I’ll get on just fine
on them long long drives

last night I remembered being 17
I met a girl with a taste for the world and whiskey and rites of spring

she spent every night with sentences she locked
in a car that I borrowed a lot.
I could never get her to believe.

'Cause we tasted a kiss that was sent from below
it was cool in the night I was old as a stone
in the back of the car with a child at heart
suddenly showed you their teeth

but you said
I’m alright
Jamie, I don’t mind
I’ll get on just fine
On them long long drives without you
drives without you

And I still see him sometimes
and he doesn't look right
you left me for him
then you left him for spite
I hope you never pay that price
Wherever you are tonight




)[/i]

I'm pretty sure he says "spent every night with cassettes that she liked"

I also think in Smoke he says "returned something different".

Other than that these look pretty good. Thanks for typing them out!
Back to top Go down
Teton'sBlame
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 4
Join date : 2014-05-28

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 8:56 pm

As I was listening to "Long Drives" earlier today that section caught my ear as well and I think you're right with that line. It makes a little more sense, too.
Back to top Go down
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 69
Join date : 2012-07-23

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 11:28 pm

Like 'em all...wish "Red Lights" were as slow as it was at the show in Garwood, I think it works better that way, not as fast paced as it is here.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

Posts : 721
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 26
Location : Connecticut

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 1:25 am

Favorite MATZ lyrics?

Mine:

"There were newspaper clippings with horrible headlines
of doom and despair, and your name and my name said
Who will save you from the truth of the matter
that your love, though like gold, is gone?"

-Smoke
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Posts : 3009
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 2:26 am

bermudanc94 wrote:
Teton'sBlame wrote:
Hey all,

So after listening to the Red Bull Session songs a bunch of times and checking out some lyric attempts here, I wrote down lyrics for all five songs from the session.  I'll post them below.  I'm pretty sure they're completely correct (from what was sung during this session) but if you think I need any corrections go ahead!

Long Drives
Listen to me
I know I never got much relief
I limped when I walked
S-s-stuttered to talk
and the achin’ was just part of me
Listen to me
I know all about agony
when they say that it hurts
more than anybody sees
With your heart cold in hand
and your heart on the beat

‘cause you married a man who lied to you love
But it wasn’t like that when he first picked you up.
When he drove you around and he bought you some flowers
Until something had changed and temperature soured

But I’m alright
Baby I don’t mind
I’ll get on just fine
On them long long drives
Call it a lie

Well whatever brings you back to life
We could turn it around we can drive it straight home
If you wanna be alone for the night
Whatever song you like

From The Souls to Mack the Knife
we could turn it around we can put the pedal down
With the rain beading up my love

'Cause you ache for a drug that’ll never be enough
You’re never gonna feel like when he first picked you up
when he drove you around, bought you powder and flowers
until the thrill was gone

but you said  
I’m alright
baby I don’t mind
I’ll get on just fine
on them long long drives

last night I remembered being 17
I met a girl with a taste for the world and whiskey and rites of spring

she spent every night with sentences she locked
in a car that I borrowed a lot.
I could never get her to believe.

'Cause we tasted a kiss that was sent from below
it was cool in the night I was old as a stone
in the back of the car with a child at heart
suddenly showed you their teeth

but you said
I’m alright
Jamie, I don’t mind
I’ll get on just fine
On them long long drives without you
drives without you

And I still see him sometimes
and he doesn't look right
you left me for him
then you left him for spite
I hope you never pay that price
Wherever you are tonight




)[/i]

I'm pretty sure he says "spent every night with cassettes that she liked"

I also think in Smoke he says "returned something different".

Other than that these look pretty good. Thanks for typing them out!

The changes mentioned above have already been done to the individual lyric threads.
There's one or two other spots that are a bit off too (from what I and a few others have heard) you'll see those differences as well over there. Teton'sBlame, thanks again for catching my mistakes too! You'll see yourself listed on the credit list for the ones where I stole from your lyric post  Very Happy

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Posts : 1881
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : London, UK / Vienna, Austria

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 5:26 am

God, I LOVE these songs. All of them but I seem to be especially addicted to Smoke today. And I don't even like smoke Wink

_________________
Manuela
twitter / instagram / youtube / last.fm

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
CoolCalmChris
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
CoolCalmChris

Posts : 23
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 29
Location : Walsall

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 8:57 am

Hasler09 wrote:
just got in from work and it seems i missed out on the download :(link seems to be down...anyone got another one please?


I second this, or if anyone knows of another way for me to....ehem...."obtain", could they drop me a message  Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.helium.com/users/567442
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

Posts : 213
Join date : 2014-05-18
Age : 34
Location : Buenos Aires

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 9:50 am

If the admins allow me to share the link, I'll be more than happy to upload it to Mediafire Smile
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Posts : 3277
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 11:06 am

ivienco wrote:
If the admins allow me to share the link, I'll be more than happy to upload it to Mediafire Smile

forum policy is solely that links to rips of commercially available material must not be posted

the Sendspace link posted earlier in the thread appears to be working fine

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord


Last edited by steady now steady now on Thu May 29, 2014 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

Posts : 213
Join date : 2014-05-18
Age : 34
Location : Buenos Aires

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 11:09 am

steady now steady now wrote:
ivienco wrote:
If the admins allow me to share the link, I'll be more than happy to upload it to Mediafire Smile

forum policy is solely that links to rips of commercially available material must not be posted

the Sendspace link posted earlier in the thread appears to be working fine

Figured as much but I wanted to be sure Smile
Well, if the link does not work let me know and I'll post one for some time!
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Posts : 1330
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 28
Location : Luxembourg

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 1:41 pm

I can not upload the file on my iphone...can someone please help me?
Back to top Go down
brunswick18
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
brunswick18

Posts : 62
Join date : 2014-02-24
Location : Rochester, NY - New Brunswick, NJ

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 1:46 pm

Anyone have/want to make an album cover for this "mini-album"?

Also, surprised 7th and Union did not make the cut for the 6 songs. I especially liked the shout-out to Sink or Swim in the lyrics
Back to top Go down
Vanderlyle Geek
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Vanderlyle Geek

Posts : 37
Join date : 2013-11-12
Age : 25
Location : Zwolle, the Netherlands

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 2:48 pm

brunswick18 wrote:
Anyone have/want to make an album cover for this "mini-album"?

Also, surprised 7th and Union did not make the cut for the 6 songs. I especially liked the shout-out to Sink or Swim in the lyrics

I threw something together real quick, hope you like it

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Title_10
Back to top Go down
brunswick18
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
brunswick18

Posts : 62
Join date : 2014-02-24
Location : Rochester, NY - New Brunswick, NJ

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 3:00 pm

Vanderlyle Geek wrote:
brunswick18 wrote:
Anyone have/want to make an album cover for this "mini-album"?

Also, surprised 7th and Union did not make the cut for the 6 songs. I especially liked the shout-out to Sink or Swim in the lyrics

I threw something together real quick, hope you like it

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Title_10

Hey this is great!!! good stuff

Thanks man
Back to top Go down
Vanderlyle Geek
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Vanderlyle Geek

Posts : 37
Join date : 2013-11-12
Age : 25
Location : Zwolle, the Netherlands

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 3:01 pm

brunswick18 wrote:
Vanderlyle Geek wrote:
brunswick18 wrote:
Anyone have/want to make an album cover for this "mini-album"?

Also, surprised 7th and Union did not make the cut for the 6 songs. I especially liked the shout-out to Sink or Swim in the lyrics

I threw something together real quick, hope you like it

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Title_10

Hey this is great!!! good stuff

Thanks man

in hindsight, I don't like the bottom font, i'll change it, gimme a sec
Back to top Go down
brunswick18
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
brunswick18

Posts : 62
Join date : 2014-02-24
Location : Rochester, NY - New Brunswick, NJ

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 3:03 pm

i might try taking a picture of my molly and the zombies shirt they were selling at the stone pony and try making some artwork with that too, but I dont have a good camera so I'll see what I can do
Back to top Go down
Vanderlyle Geek
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Vanderlyle Geek

Posts : 37
Join date : 2013-11-12
Age : 25
Location : Zwolle, the Netherlands

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 3:06 pm

brunswick18 wrote:
i might try taking a picture of my molly and the zombies shirt they were selling at the stone pony and try making some artwork with that too, but I dont have a good camera so I'll see what I can do

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Title_11
Back to top Go down
brunswick18
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
brunswick18

Posts : 62
Join date : 2014-02-24
Location : Rochester, NY - New Brunswick, NJ

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 3:35 pm

Vanderlyle Geek wrote:
brunswick18 wrote:
i might try taking a picture of my molly and the zombies shirt they were selling at the stone pony and try making some artwork with that too, but I dont have a good camera so I'll see what I can do

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Title_11


sweeet, sometimes the small things make all the difference cyclops 
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Posts : 3277
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 4:29 pm

Vanderlyle Geek wrote:
brunswick18 wrote:
Anyone have/want to make an album cover for this "mini-album"?

Also, surprised 7th and Union did not make the cut for the 6 songs. I especially liked the shout-out to Sink or Swim in the lyrics

I threw something together real quick, hope you like it

here's my quick offering


Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 MaTZcover

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content




Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)
Back to top 
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Side Projects & Earlier Bands :: Side Projects (TGA era, excl. THC)-
Jump to: