DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)

Go down 
+57
Aregular_89
The_River
Vanderlyle Geek
steady now steady now
CoolCalmChris
enola
JacksSmirkingRevenge
bermudanc94
Hasler09
aelliott88
miked331
jonnyz83
ivienco
sinkorswimmydear
Christophe
Bobul
Teton'sBlame
big blue
verbos
nebraska
Roe
bt211
Jaws
Vibes
kappanera
pepperedham
funsaimandignite
Dan_Of_Earth
lo
jzancan
dmckella1
Hanswurst
thomas94
brunswick18
Yozzy
MKULTRA
fallonfan
bringiton_ty
The Last Jukebox Romeo
DeathoftheCool
eagles1139
Rizz
Shrewsbury_Stars
Keele
poormrpitiful
The Angry Johnny Revue
mingus
Jack
33RPMHero
brucesboots
matkins
zerb012345
StitchesOnTheRadio
flannel
crazyhollywoodnights
Anya_TGA
Debonair
61 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Empty
PostSubject: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 11:47 am

spilt from the main thread for easier location and discussion when released

Out now: http://www.redbullsoundselect.com/posts/molly-and-the-zombies
-----------

I got this from crossroads. I don't know how much is 100% fact so as always take it for what it is - Brian speaking freely.

Doing a session with Red Bull online.

This is pretty much the quote I transcribed from a vid:

"And their basically going to record us live. So we're not going to do a record but were going to do these songs where you can see and hear us play them in a live setting"

He said after red lights they are aiming to go into the city feb 10, 11 & "maybe the 12th" and that we will probably be able to see it soon after that online

he thinks they are filming it and they are recording it.

They basically are just taking things slow for now and are just going to be putting out mediums like demos and to "take them for free as you want"

Last edited by Debonair on Sat May 31, 2014 11:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 3:10 pm

great news Very Happy
Back to top Go down
crazyhollywoodnights
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:33 am

From Brian M.'s facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=740123512672131&set=a.246352175382603.66809.126431967374625&type=1
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 2:24 pm

Quote :
The Orange Dual Terror sounds great in a live setting, but under the microscope of recording.. not so much. So now I'm using this 50th anniversary Vox AC15. #Vox #mollyandthezombies @redbull at Red Bull Studios New York

http://instagram.com/p/kSI7s-yo5N/

Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 10:24 pm

Two more from Instagram. Looks like their having a great time. Can't wait to get a listen!

Quote :
cat_popper
@brianmcgeemusic shows his tits to @thebrianfallon while he's trying to work

http://instagram.com/p/kS6S73lmjT/

Quote :
schragermeister
Molly & the Zombies session.
http://instagram.com/p/kSyubTTF60/

Edit: just when I posted this they post another one lol

Quote :
brianmcgeemusic
Molly and The Zombies photo by @andydiamond1 @redbull @thebrianfallon @cat_popper @schragermeister #mollyandthezombies at Red Bull Studios New York
http://instagram.com/p/kTCGFPSo8Q/

Last edited by Debonair on Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 10:26 pm

that first picture is very important to me. so excited for these recordings!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 10:55 pm

Debonair wrote:
Two more from Instagram. Looks like their having a great time. Can't wait to get a listen!

Quote :
cat_popper
@brianmcgeemusic shows his tits to @thebrianfallon while he's trying to work

http://instagram.com/p/kS6S73lmjT/

Quote :
schragermeister
Molly & the Zombies session.
http://instagram.com/p/kSyubTTF60/

Edit: just when I posted this they post another one lol

Quote :
brianmcgeemusic
Molly and The Zombies photo by @andydiamond1 @redbull @thebrianfallon @cat_popper @schragermeister #mollyandthezombies at Red Bull Studios New York
http://instagram.com/p/kTCGFPSo8Q/

and another...

http://instagram.com/p/kTFj2gFmhs/
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 3:25 pm

great pictures Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 11:21 am

So they're doing a live album type thing? When is it expected to come out?
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 10:28 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
So they're doing a live album type thing? When is it expected to come out?

they recorded some Red Bull sessions this week, I don't think they've announced when they're gonna be released.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Molly and The Zombies : Live Redbull Session (coming soon)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:14 am

@mollyzombies: We just finished recording a live session for Red Bull! #coming soon!
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:49 am

Really looking forward to hearing this!
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 9:57 pm

Andy Diamond just posted on the Facebook Church Street Choir forum and said the MATZ Red Bull session should be released "early March". Yes!! Really excited  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 2:40 pm

great news!!! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 12:40 pm

any word on if this will be on vinyl/cd or just digital ?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 3:15 pm

brucesboots wrote:

From what we last heard about it they're not selling it. They're essentially encouraging us to steal it from the internet any way we can "until someone gets involved" so I'm gonna go with just digital.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 3:18 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
brucesboots wrote:

From what we last heard about it they're not selling it. They're essentially encouraging us to steal it from the internet any way we can "until someone gets involved" so I'm gonna go with just digital.

I hope it will be on vinyl or cd, because I don't like digital -.-
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 3:46 pm

I mentioned this in the Crossroads thread too but Brian said they recorded FIVE songs which means one got dropped. According to Brian McGee it was "7th and Union".

Also, Andrew asked if there was video of these sessions. Brian said no but they are going to do something video related at some point. He didn't really go into details.

Last edited by StitchesOnTheRadio on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 4:14 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I mentioned this in the Crossroads thread to but Brian said they recorded FIVE songs which means one got dropped. According to Brian McGee it was "7th and Union".

Also, Andrew asked if there was video of these sessions. Brian said no but they are going to do something video related at some point. He didn't really go into details.

Thank Goodness.......I've been wanting to hear A high quality version of "Long Drive" and an entire version of "Lucky"

Can't wait for this.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 12:36 am

I'm fine with 7th & Union being dropped, personally. Lucky's the one I really want to hear again.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 5:32 pm

Jack wrote:
Lucky's the one I really want to hear again.

Indeed, the 49 seconds I heard from that song really sound awesome. Are we sure it's on the Red Bull session?
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 7:20 pm

I just can't get over how brilliant and catchy the chorus melodies for M&TZ are. Long Drives and Smoke are gonna be unreal to hear when this comes out.
Back to top Go down
poormrpitiful
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
poormrpitiful

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 8:32 pm

Didnt Brian say that they were releasing the Demo's they recorded for free? If thats the case 7th and union should be in there.
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 10:14 pm

I wonder if 7th and Union could be one of the MATZ songs that was repurposed into a Gaslight Anthem song, so there was no need to record it for the Red Bull sessions. I remember reading somewhere that after the project seemed shelved, Brian shared some of the material with the Gaslight Anthem in their writing process.A possibility anyway.

Yes I am new here as poster (although I was coming here as a Gaslight/Side Projects resource long before).
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 1:11 am

mingus wrote:
Jack wrote:
Lucky's the one I really want to hear again.

Indeed, the 49 seconds I heard from that song really sound awesome. Are we sure it's on the Red Bull session?

Unless McGee had amnesia and forgot they never recorded it or was lying then yes, haha.

Keele wrote:
I wonder if 7th and Union could be one of the MATZ songs that was repurposed into a Gaslight Anthem song, so there was no need to record it for the Red Bull sessions. I remember reading somewhere that after the project seemed shelved, Brian shared some of the material with the Gaslight Anthem in their writing process.A possibility anyway.

Yes I am new here as poster (although I was coming here as a Gaslight/Side Projects resource long before).

I'd say that's definitely possible but unlikely. Especially since MATZ played that one live twice. It'd be weird to have TGA take it now. I got the impression that most of the solo project songs went to MATZ and maybe one or two seemed to fit gaslight and that this separation happened long before MATZ played together the first time.

and welcome to the forum!  wave 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)   Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Molly and The Zombies : Live Red Bull Session (OUT NOW!)
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next