DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)

Go down 
+86
23Punk
ral
angryjohnny27
mja271
BereasaTGA
Forum Owner
jonnyz83
kappanera
No Retreat
bigbug
The Angry Johnny Revue
lo
brunswick18
Rizz
Hasler09
TheEmptyBones
The_River
matkins
'49mercury
Prisoner
Hirti
Vibes
pepperedham
Keele
jzancan
Tincan Sailor
BKO5950505
HorribleCrowe
flannel
Asmith1912
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
mingus
Zach_Edelman
Thunder Peel
33RPMHero
BossTime
jensomniac
bt211
Shrewsbury_Stars
Roe
mely88
big blue
TGAFAN25
jonester
FrankieG
cdala
crutchfield
Jaws
zerb012345
Anya_TGA
bringiton_ty
_rebekka_
Joe Thumb
sjoy89
Jerseyrain
SirBrad
CapedAvenger
saraM87
rotmitweißenpunkten
rumham
Ghost
Yozzy
simo
RobertODonnell
enola
Labhras
Debonair
SammyHutchison
HolyBreakOfDay
Harbortown
borrowedcar
Jack
JimmyB
NeverTrustAJunkie
thomas94
The Last Jukebox Romeo
cmigs
Hanswurst
Steve70s
CluckyB
eagles1139
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Christophe
njguy99
steady now steady now
90 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 1:32 am

Debonair wrote:
A Piano and Brian Fallon? Yes.

bounce Very Happy  sunny  cheers There aren't enough happy/excited emoji to properly express my enthusiasm over this idea.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:35 am

sing us a song you're the piano man!!!
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:54 pm

synths? Brian playing lead? Brian playing PIANO?? Alex L. playing like The Clash?

Stop pushing my ecxpecations higher and higher again! Sad

i couldn't take the disappointment if this isn't going to BE THEIR DAMN BREAKTHROUGH Very Happy

But now i'm like.. lets say 70% sure IT IS  bounce
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 6:37 pm

Hanswurst wrote:

i couldn't take the disappointment if this isn't going to BE THEIR DAMN BREAKTHROUGH Very Happy

I hope so Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 10:12 pm

This record will probably be more of a culmination of what the guys have learned from previous Gaslight records and side projects. I'm not surprised by the use of pianos and such. The guys have used other instruments before in their music than guitars, bass and drums. I'm just excited to hear new music.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 7:15 pm

I hope they post a video/documentary showing the recording process like they did with American Slang and Handwritten.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 5:55 am

Hanswurst wrote:
synths? Brian playing lead? Brian playing PIANO?? Alex L. playing like The Clash?

Like breakthrough to the mainstream? I have personally forget those thoughts in a way. I just hope its a good record. I mean it would be fun, but I think they in some way miss their chances with American Slang (the 'important 3rd record' and follower to the record that got them out of the basement) and Handwritten(major-label debut). The hype is gone. Or is it? I just hope they forget those kinda pressures(if they have/had one. I would guess the pressures were pretty big before Handwritten) allready and just focus on the music. I think Mercury push the record pretty hard, but it just didnt make that big of a chance. Which is weird. Do their music sound outdated to most "average folks"? Bad songs? The timing is wrong? Not enough media-appearences(I think they make pretty much every talk show in America and the radios played pretty good if Im correct)? Just bad luck? Who knows.
And they allready have in a way really big and passionate following. Especially as live band. Im under the impression they sell-out at least around the UK and Central Europe like same clubs/arenas that bands that have much better record sales, million of Facebook likers, Grammys etc. Some interview Brian said that they sold-out same place in Copenhagen that Mumford and Sons did couple months before? They are pretty big right? And I was interested in The Lumineers success. In their last years UK tour they played even smaller places than TGA I think. Shepard Bush Empire and stuff like that. Or maybe it was just some "small-club-tour-to-the-hardcorefans". Dont know.

But with all this rambling theres always bands like REM who made 6 greatgreat records through the 80,s, toured like madmens the whole decade, played the "game"(at least better than say Replacements  Razz ), but still they really breakthrough with their 7th album (Out Of Time). And didnt even tour with that record. Or with the next one (Automatic For The People) which was even bigger.
And then theres Bruce (sorry). Even he hadnt breaktrough (or at least that big-big that he is now) before his 7th album (Born In The Usa). Maybe in rock circuits and of course he sold bigger clubs and maybe arenas, but what I've gathered that for example Born To Run and Darkness days he was maybe just as big as TGA is now (Brian said that in some interview and thats the expression from reading stuff here and there. Who knows. 7th album  Cool 

Breakthrough. I dont know, but of course they could get some more recognition...at least for selfish reasons in Finland!  pirat  Then they could come and play in a club goddamned! Basketball  Last club gig was in 2010 and after that I'd had to pay too much money with overprized festival where I dont really care for the other acts...
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 12:41 pm

Sami wrote:
Hanswurst wrote:

Like breakthrough to the mainstream? I have personally forget those thoughts in a way. I just hope its a good record. I mean it would be fun, but I think they in some way miss their chances with American Slang (the 'important 3rd record' and follower to the record that got them out of the basement) and Handwritten(major-label debut). The hype is gone. Or is it? I just hope they forget those kinda pressures(if they have/had one. I would guess the pressures were pretty big before Handwritten) allready and just focus on the music. I think Mercury push the record pretty hard, but it just didnt make that big of a chance. Which is weird. Do their music sound outdated to most "average folks"? Bad songs? The timing is wrong? Not enough media-appearences(I think they make pretty much every talk show in America and the radios played pretty good if Im correct)? Just bad luck? Who knows.
And they allready have in a way really big and passionate following. Especially as live band. Im under the impression they sell-out at least around the UK and Central Europe like same clubs/arenas that bands that have much better record sales, million of Facebook likers, Grammys etc. Some interview Brian said that they sold-out same place in Copenhagen that Mumford and Sons did couple months before? They are pretty big right? And I was interested in The Lumineers success. In their last years UK tour they played even smaller places than TGA I think. Shepard Bush Empire and stuff like that. Or maybe it was just some "small-club-tour-to-the-hardcorefans". Dont know.

But with all this rambling theres always bands like REM who made 6 greatgreat records through the 80,s, toured like madmens the whole decade, played the "game"(at least better than say Replacements  Razz ), but still they really breakthrough with their 7th album (Out Of Time). And didnt even tour with that record. Or with the next one (Automatic For The People) which was even bigger.
And then theres Bruce (sorry). Even he hadnt breaktrough (or at least that big-big that he is now) before his 7th album (Born In The Usa). Maybe in rock circuits and of course he sold bigger clubs and maybe arenas, but what I've gathered that for example Born To Run and Darkness days he was maybe just as big as TGA is now (Brian said that in some interview and thats the expression from reading stuff here and there. Who knows. 7th album  Cool 

Breakthrough. I dont know, but of course they could get some more recognition...at least for selfish reasons in Finland!  pirat  Then they could come and play in a club goddamned! Basketball  Last club gig was in 2010 and after that I'd had to pay too much money with overprized festival where I dont really care for the other acts...

wow, big write-up you did there.
I agree on most of these things but let me just have another few words on the breakthrough thing:

I also think there had been a lot of pressure before Handwritten (for some reason they always talked about the pressure before American Slang but I think Handwritten was'nt that easy of a record, too)
It was like nearly everyone who knew this band was expecting Handwritten to be their mainstream breakthrough and I think also the band themselves were more or less ready for "going real big". (Brian talking about playing arenas and stuff/ Top-rated album reviews before release) Well who wouldn't have expected this with

- TGA signing Mercury
- TGA growing more and more till being right under the surface of the mainstream
- TGA being worshipped as "The Saviors of Rock'n'Roll" by nearly every press release
- Handwritten being produced by Brandon O'Brien
- Handwritten being promoted to death by Mercury

...But well to make things short it wasn't what Everyone was hoping for, the Band had a rough time, and things kinda cooled down.

I have the feeling the pressure is gone now because TGA failed (well not really, but ya know: with breaking through and stuff) and now its like rehearsing without having to proof any point.

I hope for the next record to be a "Grower". On the contrary Handwritten was promoted for going big right away and entered the charts pretty high - but after most people had heard the record the spark did not light a fire, Handwritten couldn't cement its place in the public and the long time promoted hype was gone really fast.

If they and Mercury for gods sake keep the expectations low this time and the next record may have one or two singles which go mainstream - than i hope the record makes its way to the top because its good - and not because its promoted well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 1:20 pm

Hanswurst wrote:

wow, big write-up you did there.
I agree on most of these things but let me just have another few words on the breakthrough thing:

Haha, well yeah thats one of my problems. Id like to make my points much shorter. But you know sometimes when my mind gets going theres no stop to it at all. And then I have to read the whole stupid thing again, clear the mistakes, maybe do some sentences over, erase the stupid stuff (that maybe isn't even that stupid) and with my concentration I get bored pretty fast and delete the whole goddamn thing. But maybe I've learned a thing or two and luckily I didnt have go to work today  Cool 

Hanswurst wrote:

I also think there had been a lot of pressure before Handwritten (for some reason they always talked about the pressure before American Slang but I think Handwritten was'nt that easy of a record, too)
It was like nearly everyone who knew this band was expecting Handwritten to be their mainstream breakthrough and I think also the band themselves were more or less ready for "going real big". (Brian talking about playing arenas and stuff/ Top-rated album reviews before release) Well who wouldn't have expected this with

- TGA signing Mercury
- TGA growing more and more till being right under the surface of the mainstream
- TGA being worshipped as "The Saviors of Rock'n'Roll" by nearly every press release
- Handwritten being produced by Brandon O'Brien
- Handwritten being promoted to death by Mercury

...But well to make things short it wasn't what Everyone was hoping for, the Band had a rough time, and things kinda cooled down.

I have the feeling the pressure is gone now because TGA failed (well not really, but ya know: with breaking through and stuff) and now its like rehearsing without having to proof any point.

I hope for the next record to be a "Grower". On the contrary Handwritten was promoted for going big right away and entered the charts pretty high - but after most people had heard the record the spark did not light a fire, Handwritten couldn't cement its place in the public and the long time promoted hype was gone really fast.

If they and Mercury for gods sake keep the expectations low this time and the next record may have one or two singles which go mainstream - than i hope the record makes its way to the top because its good - and not because its promoted well.

Very good points from you also. At the end of the day if it is an album full of good music, it should sell, or find people no matter how its promoted. I guess.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 3:12 am

I'm gonna start by saying, I want the band to  be as successful as they hope to be. If being the biggest band in the world would truly make them happy, then I want that for them. And honestly, while sometimes you can predict this stuff, who the heck knows when (or if) they'll have that one big  record that catapults them into the limelight.

But selfishly, I hope they stay about where they are popularity-wise, but continue to grow as musicians and still go down in history with the recognition they deserve. The reason being: I don't want to pay 50-100 bucks a ticket to sit in crappy seats in an arena to see them. Or have a pit lottery system. Or have my fingers crossed that I'll bump into them in Jersey to say hey, because organized meet-n-greets are a joke, and they'd be too big for an informal one. Or have to listen to one of their singles be so overplayed that I come to hate it like I do nearly every other radio single I once enjoyed.

And last but not least, I don't wanna have to sift through all those "fans" there to hear the radio single to find the die hards.  I enjoy seeing the same handful of faces when I got to Boston, or Jersey, or NYC, or wherever and meeting other new faces because everyone is outgoing (despite many of us being introverts in real life) because in the beginning most of us were like "I don't know anyone else who likes this band so I'm here alone, wanna be friends?" <<this also happen more when there's just fewer people.

Anyway, that's my selfish rant in response to all this talk of them making it big. Right now I just can't wait for the first single from the new record to come out!
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 6:03 pm

i wouldn't worry too much. however, I saw them at the same venue I saw Against Me at last night, and the venue was much more full for Gaslight. So, at least in my area, Gaslight is much more popular than Against Me.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 6:13 pm

Breaking News!!
Brian will do an exclusive Q&A for the new album here on the forum!

Find all details here:
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t5457-2014-new-album-qa-with-brian#177217
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 6:38 pm

enola wrote:
Breaking News!!

Find all details here:
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t5457-2014-new-album-qa-with-brian#177217

that's amazing!
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 5:44 am

This is AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 10:45 pm

@thebrianfallon: Listening to the new masters for LP5! Can you believe we made 5 records?!?
Honored to play with these guys! @gaslightanthem
Back to top Go down
BereasaTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BereasaTGA

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 6:16 am

The fact that they are listening to masters is very good news no? Means the album is closer that we think?
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 7:33 am

Yes. Beside that it's all up to the label to hold it or not.
Back to top Go down
BereasaTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BereasaTGA

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 7:47 am

Good, so if the hold it for too long maybe we can tweet the hastag #Mercuryreleasethekraken or something like that  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 8:24 am

I hope this means a first single quite soon then. I am just waiting to be blown away haha!
Back to top Go down
23Punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 10:15 am

Just Brian Mentioning he is listening to the masters for the 5th album has me excited I thought when they were done recording in April that the album may be released by June, I hope its out in early July or early August I could be wrong though
Back to top Go down
23Punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 2:15 pm

Having been a Gaslight fan for awhile now I have always felt that if they were going to breakthrough it would have happened with Sink or Swim and The 59 Sound albums. I'm not saying it couldn't happen with their 5th album, but I think time has passed and the one problem is not the band its the radio stations they play the same old music its not stuff of today's rock its old music from the 80's like Billy Joel, or Judas Priest, rock music to me is almost non existent today especially on the radio. I remember hearing 45 on the radio in June 2012 before handwritten came out and I was happy to see they were played but other than that time. I haven't heard them on the radio again which is sad because they are such a great band and have awesome tunes. I hope though that Gaslight can prove everybody wrong on their upcoming disc and silence the pop and hip hop music that's constantly being played on the radio and take back rock and roll. They are a great band that should be recognized and famous. At the end of the day I just want a good rock and roll album from them and they have never let me down before. I hope their are some songs similar to Mullholand Drive, Keepsake, and Too Much Blood those songs are deep moving and raw.
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 3:18 am

enola wrote:
Breaking News!!

Find all details here:

I just blew my load seeing this. Seriously, I did have to load the page.
Great news, and I'm so stoked for the new album.
Back to top Go down
Unorthadox1080
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:05 am

23Punk wrote:

Just Brian Mentioning he is listening to the masters for the 5th album has me excited I thought when they were done recording in April that the album may be released by June, I hope its out in early July or early August I could be wrong though
Realistically, it's going to be October, maybe september if the label don't hold it up too much. We'll probably get a release date and title end of June/July though.
Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 12:19 pm

23Punk wrote:

Having been a Gaslight fan for awhile now I have always felt that if they were going to breakthrough it would have happened with Sink or Swim and The 59 Sound albums. 

You thought their first record would have been a breakthrough album? The '59 Sound was a break through to the music scene, but I think they're talking about a breakthrough into a more mainstream band. That would have never happened with The '59 Sound because they weren't even recognized in the music scene that much before then.

I do think it would have happened by now though. When American Slang came out it was being played on ESPN, and I've heard 45 on the radio a bunch. So don't think they have or haven't "broken through," more so that they're still breaking through. And some bands have great careers and never really do it at all. The Hold Steady isn't a household name but they carry a lot of clout in the scene. Springsteen hit big on his 7th. Modest Mouse was around 10 years before they got it (albeit they haven't released many albums). Then, every once in a while you get somebody like The Killers and they put out a song and it skyrockets. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
23Punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 5:28 pm

I still think that Sink or Swim and The 59 Sound should have broken them through into the mainstream. Those albums are incredible its sad that they weren't really noticed until The 59 Sound came out. The Hold Steady is an awesome band, Boys and Girls in America by them is a great album. The Ramones were a great band that never broke through into the mainstream and never had a hit single in their entire 22 year career that's a shame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)
Page 24 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next