DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)

Go down 
+86
23Punk
ral
angryjohnny27
mja271
BereasaTGA
Forum Owner
jonnyz83
kappanera
No Retreat
bigbug
The Angry Johnny Revue
lo
brunswick18
Rizz
Hasler09
TheEmptyBones
The_River
matkins
'49mercury
Prisoner
Hirti
Vibes
pepperedham
Keele
jzancan
Tincan Sailor
BKO5950505
HorribleCrowe
flannel
Asmith1912
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
mingus
Zach_Edelman
Thunder Peel
33RPMHero
BossTime
jensomniac
bt211
Shrewsbury_Stars
Roe
mely88
big blue
TGAFAN25
jonester
FrankieG
cdala
crutchfield
Jaws
zerb012345
Anya_TGA
bringiton_ty
_rebekka_
Joe Thumb
sjoy89
Jerseyrain
SirBrad
CapedAvenger
saraM87
rotmitweißenpunkten
rumham
Ghost
Yozzy
simo
RobertODonnell
enola
Labhras
Debonair
SammyHutchison
HolyBreakOfDay
Harbortown
borrowedcar
Jack
JimmyB
NeverTrustAJunkie
thomas94
The Last Jukebox Romeo
cmigs
Hanswurst
Steve70s
CluckyB
eagles1139
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Christophe
njguy99
steady now steady now
90 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
23Punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 2:15 pm

Having been a Gaslight fan for awhile now I have always felt that if they were going to breakthrough it would have happened with Sink or Swim and The 59 Sound albums. I'm not saying it couldn't happen with their 5th album, but I think time has passed and the one problem is not the band its the radio stations they play the same old music its not stuff of today's rock its old music from the 80's like Billy Joel, or Judas Priest, rock music to me is almost non existent today especially on the radio. I remember hearing 45 on the radio in June 2012 before handwritten came out and I was happy to see they were played but other than that time. I haven't heard them on the radio again which is sad because they are such a great band and have awesome tunes. I hope though that Gaslight can prove everybody wrong on their upcoming disc and silence the pop and hip hop music that's constantly being played on the radio and take back rock and roll. They are a great band that should be recognized and famous. At the end of the day I just want a good rock and roll album from them and they have never let me down before. I hope their are some songs similar to Mullholand Drive, Keepsake, and Too Much Blood those songs are deep moving and raw.
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 3:18 am

enola wrote:
Breaking News!!
Brian will do an exclusive Q&A for the new album here on the forum!

Find all details here:
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t5457-2014-new-album-qa-with-brian#177217

I just blew my load seeing this. Seriously, I did have to load the page.
Great news, and I'm so stoked for the new album.
Back to top Go down
Unorthadox1080
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:05 am

23Punk wrote:

Just Brian Mentioning he is listening to the masters for the 5th album has me excited I thought when they were done recording in April that the album may be released by June, I hope its out in early July or early August I could be wrong though
Realistically, it's going to be October, maybe september if the label don't hold it up too much. We'll probably get a release date and title end of June/July though.
Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 12:19 pm

23Punk wrote:

Having been a Gaslight fan for awhile now I have always felt that if they were going to breakthrough it would have happened with Sink or Swim and The 59 Sound albums. 

You thought their first record would have been a breakthrough album? The '59 Sound was a break through to the music scene, but I think they're talking about a breakthrough into a more mainstream band. That would have never happened with The '59 Sound because they weren't even recognized in the music scene that much before then.

I do think it would have happened by now though. When American Slang came out it was being played on ESPN, and I've heard 45 on the radio a bunch. So don't think they have or haven't "broken through," more so that they're still breaking through. And some bands have great careers and never really do it at all. The Hold Steady isn't a household name but they carry a lot of clout in the scene. Springsteen hit big on his 7th. Modest Mouse was around 10 years before they got it (albeit they haven't released many albums). Then, every once in a while you get somebody like The Killers and they put out a song and it skyrockets. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
23Punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 5:28 pm

I still think that Sink or Swim and The 59 Sound should have broken them through into the mainstream. Those albums are incredible its sad that they weren't really noticed until The 59 Sound came out. The Hold Steady is an awesome band, Boys and Girls in America by them is a great album. The Ramones were a great band that never broke through into the mainstream and never had a hit single in their entire 22 year career that's a shame.
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 2:00 am

I think part of the problem is that there are so many artists broadcasting through so many mediums that it's easy to put your music out there but hard to really break through into the public consciousness. Most stations only play a certain genre and unfortunately the odds of Gaslight being featured on Top 40 radio is pretty slim. I would love to see them make it big but only time will tell if that happens.

In all honesty I think the days of the big groups are over. The Killers, Arcade Fire and Coldplay are still doing well but whether or not they'll be selling out stadiums 10 or 20 years from now is debatable. U2 is the last of the really giant rock acts who can still sell out big venues and put out new music that people are excited about (although even they are taking their sweet time and fading into irrelevance with much of the general public). TGA has big potential to go far but right now it seems only us music nerds are really aware of them. Hopefully that will change soon.
Back to top Go down
brunswick18
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
brunswick18

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 12:36 pm

The thing is though, I don't think I would want Gaslight to "breakthrough" At least the way I'm looking at it, that would mean what.. bigger venues? arena concerts? I would hate that. The size venues they are playing now are perfect and the band still does enough touring that I dont think they really need to "get any bigger"
Back to top Go down
23Punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 9:44 pm

I like The Killers I have been a fan for 10 years, they are a great band, I could see The Killers selling out stadiums 20 years from now, I feel like they are a band that is still going to be around awhile making music. I hope The new Gaslight Anthem album cover is similar to how The Killers album Battle Born looks with the car racing on the highway. I just don't want an album cover like handwritten again it just seemed like a boring cover great album though just wasn't that excited when I saw the cover, it would be cool to get the artist who made the Sink or Swim album art to have him work with the band again for this new album.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 9:48 pm

I think the new album artwork will be bold
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:27 pm

23Punk wrote:

I like The Killers I have been a fan for 10 years, they are a great band, I could see The Killers selling out stadiums 20 years from now, I feel like they are a band that is still going to be around awhile making music. I hope The new Gaslight Anthem album cover is similar to how The Killers album Battle Born looks with the car racing on the highway. I just don't want an album cover like handwritten again it just seemed like a boring cover great album though just wasn't that excited when I saw the cover, it would be cool to get the artist who made the Sink or Swim album art to have him work with the band again for this new album.

me too I like The Killers Very Happy I am a big fan!
and the idea of the similar cover to Battle Born would be great!
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:08 pm

speaking of album artwork i hope for a psychedelic kind of picture - like the sink or swim one in crazy Very Happy

I really liked the last killers artwork, but i think this would have been more fitting with american salng, or maybe handwritten. If the next record is gonna be this weird like the guys more or less told through the media than i think a weird and outstanding cover art would be the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 5:55 pm

I hope it will be sth which will surprise us..but in a good way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
23Punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 6:48 pm

In one of the studio pictures posted on the forum Benny had a bunch of different record covers laying around from a shop, one of them was The Nuggets The 60's Garage Rock Compilation album the first album in the series. It would be cool to see Gaslight go in a 60's Garage Rock direction for this new album, with Fuzztone guitars and it just sounding raw and stripped down. I hope some songs on the new disc have a 60's Garage Rock feel to them. Garage rock is an awesome genre, and Gaslight pulling something like that off would be cool and different.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 1:33 am

23Punk wrote:

In one of the studio pictures posted on the forum Benny had a bunch of different record covers laying around from a shop, one of them was The Nuggets The 60's Garage Rock Compilation album the first album in the series. It would be cool to see Gaslight go in a 60's Garage Rock direction for this new album, with Fuzztone guitars and it just sounding raw and stripped down. I hope some songs on the new disc have a 60's Garage Rock feel to them. Garage rock is an awesome genre, and Gaslight pulling something like that off would be cool and different.

Nuggets is the bomb.com
So goddamn good.
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:07 am

Thunder Peel wrote:
I think part of the problem is that there are so many artists broadcasting through so many mediums that it's easy to put your music out there but hard to really break through into the public consciousness. Most stations only play a certain genre and unfortunately the odds of Gaslight being featured on Top 40 radio is pretty slim. I would love to see them make it big but only time will tell if that happens.

In all honesty I think the days of the big groups are over. The Killers, Arcade Fire and Coldplay are still doing well but whether or not they'll be selling out stadiums 10 or 20 years from now is debatable. U2 is the last of the really giant rock acts who can still sell out big venues and put out new music that people are excited about (although even they are taking their sweet time and fading into irrelevance with much of the general public). TGA has big potential to go far but right now it seems only us music nerds are really aware of them. Hopefully that will change soon.

There are plenty of big groups that sell out stadiums. As much as I loathe to mention them, Nickelback surely will continue to sell out big arenas.  Muse and Foo Fighters are other examples.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 1:16 pm

Casey wrote:
Thunder Peel wrote:

There are plenty of big groups that sell out stadiums. As much as I loathe to mention them, Nickelback surely will continue to sell out big arenas.  Muse and Foo Fighters are other examples.

I just want to add Green Day and Linkin Park....
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 6:48 pm

Could this be a heads up to the album cover? 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Cover_10
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 7:43 pm

and:
2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Bildsc10

Shocked what the hell does island records have to do with this?!!

EDIT: ok so island def jam is a part of Mercury - didn't know this ^^

Last edited by Hanswurst on Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 7:45 pm

ohh and i totally not think "in the studio" is going to be the album title - but it would be an awesome title!
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 7:48 pm

Hanswurst wrote:
and:

"Mercury Records is an American-based record label owned by Universal Music Group. In the United States, it operates through Island Records; in the UK, it is distributed by Virgin EMI Records."
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 7:52 pm

simo wrote:
Hanswurst wrote:
and:

"Mercury Records is an American-based record label owned by Universal Music Group. In the United States, it operates through Island Records; in the UK, it is distributed by Virgin EMI Records."

yeah thx just found out about this. Smile

for a little time i was hoping gaslight parted ways with mercury, thought  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 9:37 pm

I wish I could add another question to my questions for Brian about this! haha
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 12:11 am

stoked on the new splash page. there has to be a single coming out this month or next at the latest!
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 1:28 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
stoked on the new splash page. there has to be a single coming out this month or next at the latest!

Hopefully! I really like the layout, so it'd be nice if the theme for the new album followed it.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 3:06 pm

Hanswurst wrote:
ohh and i totally not think "in the studio" is going to be the album title - but it would be an awesome title!
I, for one, desperately hope that it's a statement rather than an album title. It's a terrible title, and would only be slightly forgiveable if it was a concept album (which i doubt it will be).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)
Page 25 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next